• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If they added GB/GBC, do you think they would include Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow? Would the Pokemon company include those games for what's basically a free service?
They've been treating those games like they're worthy of the status of a retail release so I doubt it. Recall that only a few years ago they made a big deal out of the fact that you could get them for the 3DS virtual console and had special download cards made for the games. Offering them up for free now just doesn't feel like a Nintendo move.

I can totally see a Game Boy NSO, though, even without Pokemon (maybe Pokemon Pinball). The Game Boy was essentially a handheld NES in terms of the "quality games" to "absolute filler" ratio and Nintendo could fill an "impressive" lineup for it without ever going to a third party for a game. Super Mario Land and Super Mario Land II, Donkey Kong Land, Kirby's Dream Land, Tetris, Metroid II, Link's Awakening... Despite being a short list, people would consider that an unbelievable lineup to be getting for only the cost of $20 a year.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
DOOM news, first piece of news out of many this week.
Well, there's Doom Eternal. Seems there's no major presentation for the time being then (which is fine, it was wishful thinking to begin with). Still kinda weird to just drop it like this, and basically treating it like a shadowdropped announcement. Really am wondering if they were planning another Partner Showcase but decided to scrap it.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I REALLY can't see Nintendo adding N64 games when they are literally selling Super Mario 64 as part of a """"limited"""" $60 Collection right now. If they're adding a new system it's Game Boy, the question is whether they give us the whole line or decide to be douchebags, only do Game Boy/Color games, trickle them out over the course of the next year until they add Advanced and do the same thing. Probably that.
I want to say we had this discussion back in August/September. Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 won't be on it for obvious reasons and I'm honestly doubting Ocarina of Time too because I feel the Monolith remake rumor from last spring has gotten stronger with time but there's plenty of other games they could add. Mario Golf and Mario Tennis? Hell yeah. F-Zero X? Definitely. Even things like Kirby 64, Star Fox 64, and Paper Mario could be easily justified. We're no strangers to (love; you know the rules, and so do I.) Nintendo hard swerving big games on the VC/NSO for agonizing periods of time so games like Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time being blatantly absent for a long time is almost justified expectation at this point.

D

Deleted member

I want to say we had this discussion back in August/September. Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 won't be on it for obvious reasons and I'm honestly doubting Ocarina of Time too because I feel the Monolith remake rumor from last spring has gotten stronger with time but there's plenty of other games they could add. Mario Golf and Mario Tennis? Hell yeah. F-Zero X? Definitely. Even things like Kirby 64, Star Fox 64, and Paper Mario could be easily justified. We're no strangers to (love; you know the rules, and so do I.) Nintendo hard swerving big games on the VC/NSO for agonizing periods of time so games like Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time being blatantly absent for a long time is almost justified expectation at this point.
There's swerving big games and then there's swerving the games. Releasing N64 NSO without Super Mario 64 would be like if they had released the NES NSO without Super Mario Bros or the SNES NSO without Super Mario World. It might be 25 years old at this point, but Nintendo still clearly values the N64 a bit too much to be giving those games away for free, even franchises they've thrown under the bus like F-Zero and Star Fox.

If we see any sort of N64 support, I'm thinking it's gonna come in the form of a revival of virtual console or something similar. With their two flagship franchises celebrating 35 years basically back to back, it's a hard time to consider giving out **** for free, you know.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
  • Monolith Ocarina Remake
Where the hell did this come from? Monolith is already kinda split between projects as it is. Obviously they were hiring for a Zelda Project in 2019 but I think it's pretty blatant that was for Breath of the Wild 2 given how much they helped on the first game. The Xenoblade team obviously just finished the remake earlier this year, and there's that Fantasy Action Project that we've known about since 2017 but haven't gotten any actual concrete info on since. Between all this stuff and the other EPD projects they've helped on there's no way in hell they're doing an OoT remake, and I don't really see why Nintendo would commission one anyway?

Last edited:

yungmornindrive

Smash Cadet
Well the Doom announcement still fits with what I expected from their statement after the GameStop cancellations. Just not as much as we hoped. Their PR people are officially off the hook.

If you’re looking for a glimmer of hope though, Nintendo is back in the announcement game after Thanksgiving, so not all is lost. Although the dropping of an actual TV commercial ahead of the holidays like this does make me feel a character is not coming. They’re pushing Steve as their holiday character.

Firox

Smash Master
Although the dropping of an actual TV commercial ahead of the holidays like this does make me feel a character is not coming. They’re pushing Steve as their holiday character.
Yeah, I'm reading this as a 99% chance we're boned until January. If Nintendo wanted to advertise FP#2 for the holidays, they would have done so with the next reveal. If Steve is the best they can muster right now, that pretty much kills the probability of us getting another reveal in December.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
  • Monolith Ocarina Remake
Where the hell did this come from? Monolith is already kinda split between projects as it is. Obviously they were hiring for a Zelda Project in 2019 but I think it's pretty blatant that was for Breath of the Wild 2 given how much they helped on the first game. The Xenoblade team obviously just finished the remake earlier this year, and there's that Fantasy Action Project that we've known about since 2017 but haven't gotten any actual concrete info on since. Between all this stuff and the other EPD projects they've helped on there's no way in hell they're doing an OoT remake, and I don't really see why Nintendo would commission one anyway?
Talked about it a long time ago here:

Something Ocarina of Time and different rumors pull it in different directions.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well the Doom announcement still fits with what I expected from their statement after the GameStop cancellations. Just not as much as we hoped. Their PR people are officially off the hook.

If you’re looking for a glimmer of hope though, Nintendo is back in the announcement game after Thanksgiving, so not all is lost. Although the dropping of an actual TV commercial ahead of the holidays like this does make me feel a character is not coming. They’re pushing Steve as their holiday character.
Who said the next revealed character had to be revealed and released in the same month?

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Talked about it a long time ago here:

Something Ocarina of Time and different rumors pull it in different directions.
Expecting anything more than what 3D Allstars ended up being is stretching it. Think about it this way, BOTW 2 is almost certainly 2021 and Skyward Sword HD is borderline confirmed for next year as well. Would they really have a THIRD major 3D Zelda release for next year, or even for 2022?

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Expecting anything more than what 3D Allstars ended up being is stretching it. Think about it this way, BOTW 2 is almost certainly 2021 and Skyward Sword HD is borderline confirmed for next year as well. Would they really have a THIRD major 3D Zelda release for next year, or even for 2022?
Yes, they world.

Bremy

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that they are remaking Oot, but a port, remake, and new game lines up with what they did for zeldas 25th. Four swords to 3ds, Oot 3d, and skyward sword

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
So if we do end up getting a new console for NSO which system will it be? Will it be N64 or Gameboy?

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
So if we do end up getting a new console for NSO which system will it be? Will it be N64 or Gameboy?
N64 would make sense to be next, though they might want to wait until after they reveal the Zelda collection to put it up so they have a excuse to not include OoT and MM.
GB/GBC/GBA seems to be likely.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Looks like there's no sign of Nintendo Switch exclusive content here.
There's still the possibility of easter eggs or even DLC. With how heavy Bethesda games are with DLC, I think it's too soon to say there's absolutely none. THIS is definitely something I could see ending up as a VGA announcement.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
There's still the possibility of easter eggs or even DLC. With how heavy Bethesda games are with DLC, I think it's too soon to say there's absolutely none. THIS is definitely something I could see ending up as a VGA announcement.
Ehhhhh, other games with Switch exclusive content like Skyrim and Diablo 3 were very upfront about it. I think if there was anything here they'd make a big deal out of it.

MattX20

Smash Hero
With Doom Eternal's release date for the Switch now confirmed, that just leaves Smash as the only probable thing to see in December now since it's DLC and not a full on game. Despite the commercial that's promoting Steve, recall that previous commercials that advertised DLC fighters can sometimes be not far off from the next DLC release.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not saying a Direct could happen, but just wondering: if something like a N64 Online does happen, it will be announced with other things like how I believe the SNES Online was announced with other things in a Direct, right?

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Hmm, strange that the site has had many problems this last week with the server.
Specially before some small nso updates and doom eternal news, do they know some stuff that we don't?

So things seem to be ramping up for the 10th.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Not saying a Direct could happen, but just wondering: if something like a N64 Online does happen, it will be announced with other things like how I believe the SNES Online was announced with other things in a Direct, right?
Yes, NSO console updates has had news around it.
Most of the time, NSO updates in general normally happen around news.
-September: Right before the big partner
-July: Near the Partner Showcase, right after Min Min's release week
-May: The day of TOK's reveal

D

Deleted member

They tend to announce entire platforms for NSO in directs or presentations, yes. The last two times they have also taken the opportunity to announce a controller of some sort, such as the NES... uh... Joycons. Games are typically announced at random on twitter.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, strange that the site has had many problems this last week with the server.
Specially before some small nso updates and doom eternal news, do they know some stuff that we don't?

So things seem to be ramping up for the 10th.
I think something big will happen before then.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, with some announcement possibly happening tomorrow, what are you all personally expecting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom