• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Well, it's November 29th, still no Doom Eternal Switch news. Either we learn tomorrow I guess and they waited until the last day of the month for some reason, or PR guy just lied about info "later this month"/stuff got changed in the...10 day period since they said that. Huh.
Well someone beat me to it haha. But yeah, either they live up to their word or I dunno. Funny coincidence that there are alll this rumors about something Nintendo happening this next week and the week includes the last day of November, but at the same time we know there aren't any more partners…
I dunno * shrugs *

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
At any rate, there's nothing left to get in Smash's way for the rest of 2020, and remember, the next major Nintendo release won't be until March, so there is very little reason to believe we can't at least get one more reveal by year's end
No Nintendo releases until March eh?

Does that mean January and February can be written off for the next Smash reveal?

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Well, it's November 29th, still no Doom Eternal Switch news. Either we learn tomorrow I guess and they waited until the last day of the month for some reason, or PR guy just lied about info "later this month"/stuff got changed in the...10 day period since they said that. Huh.
I imagine if they weren't going to show it this month then they would have corrected themselves.

Or maybe their PR team really is that wiggety wack:mybodyisreggie:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Why post it here, though?
I guess because the commercial just came out today, so maybe they're thinking it's a sign that we'll be getting new content soon? Seems like a stretch, though. (not sure if there's a connection between commercials highlighting new Smash characters and new Smash announcements - seems weird to have a commercial focused on Steve roughly two months after his announcement/release)

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Cool Smash Advertisement focusing on Steve.
Puts on tinfoil hat
On the top of my head, I can think of at least one notable instance where we got a Smash ad coincide with a new reveal. Their was one ad that dropped a week before Joker's reveal (The ad that leaked Stage Builder) so their may be precedence of ads coinciding with Smash reveals. Now I completely understand this may not mean anything, but its something I noticed and feel I must point out anyways.
Takes off tinfoil hat

D

Deleted member

It’s been nearly 2 years since Ultimate came out... I remember the day of the teaser, E3 showcase, Pre-release speculation with these theories like the Chair theories, Rayman in the Clouds, Waluigi memes, Vergeben leaks, Billy’s Rate Their Chances, PapaGenos videos, Grinch leak, Plant Gang, and the over abundance of fake 4chan leaks videos from LaxChris and WiiUGamer12.

Post Release Speculation - the Erdrick days, Sabi, Banjo and Steve wars, even more theories like Google theory, and Byleth backlash.

I’ve been waiting for Geno inclusion for a long time say years. Here’s hoping 2 years of waiting for Geno’s inclusion in Ultimate pays off. I think we may win this time with multiple things going for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

QQS

Smash Lord
It’s been nearly 2 years since Ultimate came out... I remember the day of the teaser, E3 showcase, Pre-release speculation with these theories like the Chair theories, Rayman in the Clouds, Waluigi memes, Vergeben leaks, Billy’s Rate Their Chances, PapaGenos videos, Grinch leak, Plant Gang, and the over abundance of fake 4chan leaks videos from LaxChris and WiiUGamer12.

Post Release Speculation - the Erdrick days, Sabi, Banjo and Steve wars, even more theories like Google theory, and Byleth backlash.

I’ve been waiting for Geno inclusion for a long time say years. Here’s hoping 2 years of waiting for Geno’s inclusion in Ultimate pays off. I think we may win this time with multiple things going for us.
We will win! I have been supporting online just since Ultímate, 2 years aprox. But supporting like a visitor online; and also with my circle of friends since I was a kid, since the first Smash, 2 decades! Long way.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I miss the base speculation days before the Grinch leak and the November 1st 2018 Smash Direct. More people were here, almost any character was game as most of them weren't deconfirmed or confirmed yet, there was more possible characters to speculate about outside of a dozen names insiders have heard of, ect. It was a lot more fun to speculate here during base game speculation. DLC speculation is so boring in comparison.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
View attachment 293116

Pic of the day on Twitter!
Gets magnifying glass and Le reading lens 🧐

Aha! What is this?! Hmm, one, two... four Heroes... four are the corners of a Square... Square Enix!!!

Hmm, a Klaptrap... hmm, a minion from Donkey Kong Country's King K. Rool, a beloved trilogy of games from the SNES. King K. Rool's inclusion in Ultimate came as the addition of a fan-favorite character.

Square Enix, SNES, fan-favorite Nintendo IP character...

gasp

Curse me bagpipes... 👀 Is it time?!?! :geno:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Gets magnifying glass and Le reading lens 🧐

Aha! What is this?! Hmm, one, two... four Heroes... four are the corners of a Square... Square Enix!!!

Hmm, a Klaptrap... hmm, a minion from Donkey Kong Country's King K. Rool, a beloved trilogy of games from the SNES. King K. Rool's inclusion in Ultimate came as the addition of a fan-favorite character.

Square Enix, SNES, fan-favorite Nintendo IP character...

gasp

Curse me bagpipes... 👀 Is it time?!?! :geno:
Also, there are seven characters in the picture: 4 Different Heroes, Klaptrap, Slime, and don’t forget about the rat creature in Eight’s pocket

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
..Just wondering, has Sakurai ever actually hinted at anything through a picture?
I think sometimes he has the intention to hint anything but he can’t be explicite, so he let it to our interpretation

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
..Just wondering, has Sakurai ever actually hinted at anything through a picture?
I don't think so, but I have seen people think he's hinting at something. I remember this one POTD from last year with Mario, the other DLC fighters at the time, and Daisy... and people took it as Arle from PuyoPuyo.

D

Deleted member

I don't think so, but I have seen people think he's hinting at something. I remember this one POTD from last year with Mario, the other DLC fighters at the time, and Daisy... and people took it as Arle from PuyoPuyo.
Yeah, that was before Byleth's reveal and everyone thought Daisy meant Doom Guy because of the rabbit.

I'd love to say "good times", but no.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
  • Me trying to get on Smashboards at 4 in the morning to tell the 0 people in the thread news while the site is down

So anyway, the NES and SNES Online apps just got updated to 5.0.0 and 2.0.0 respectively, and the last version update was last year when SNES games were added. There are no apparent changes so it's pretty blatantly for a new System being added. Seems like this is probably what the Tuesday announcement Natedrake was talking about is going to be (interesting to see if they just drop it or it's actually apart of something bigger.)

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
  • Me trying to get on Smashboards at 4 in the morning to tell the 0 people in the thread news while the site is down

So anyway, the NES and SNES Online apps just got updated to 5.0.0 and 2.0.0 respectively, and the last version update was last year when SNES games were added. There are no apparent changes so it's pretty blatantly for a new System being added. Seems like this is probably what the Tuesday announcement Natedrake was talking about is going to be (interesting to see if they just drop it or it's actually apart of something bigger.)
Oh, is that so? If we do get a new system soon, then it’s about time because we’ve been long overdue for some time. Hopefully we get either N64, GB or GBA because those are all solid systems.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Oh, is that so? If we do get a new system soon, then it’s about time because we’ve been long overdue for some time. Hopefully we get either N64, GB or GBA because those are all solid systems.
Hopefully, that won’t be all we are getting if this is true.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
They also announced the opening of Super Mario World this past weekend and it's actually opening in early February. Also, yes, the NSO had a shadow update last night that's basically the same as what happened before SNES were added in the fall of 2019. Just based on how they've handled the VC/NSO in the past, I don't think they're going to shadowdrop a major announcement to it. They've always been tied to bigger presentations and it's yet even more on the pile that we're getting something noteworthy by the end of 2020.

Last edited:

Musubi

Smash Apprentice

Oh nice. Do you know how long the wait was between NES updating to 4.0.0 and SNES games being revealed last year?

D

Deleted member

Well.

Reset the ****ing clock...

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Oh nice. Do you know how long the wait was between NES updating to 4.0.0 and SNES games being revealed last year?
From what I can tell it came alongside when they dropped SNES games, adding the ability to sort games and such. This update goes up a full version number (revisions like 1.2.0 have happened in the past) for both apps without any actual changes, and since a normal stability update would just be a revision this being preparation for a new app is really the only explanation.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The NSO update is a big deal because it suggests another system being added soon. Here's me talking about the lingering rumors from the summer back in August:

In case you don't have won't to click the link: a lot of people have been hearing most of the year about the N64 on the NSO and possibly the Gameboy too, maybe even in the same update. Yet another rumor with long, sexy legs that's probably going to come true soon.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
The NSO update is a big deal because it suggests another system being added soon. Here's me talking about the lingering rumors from the summer back in August:

In case you don't have won't to click the link: a lot of people have been hearing most of the year about the N64 on the NSO and possibly the Gameboy too, maybe even in the same update. Yet another rumor with long, sexy legs that's probably going to come true soon.
I REALLY can't see Nintendo adding N64 games when they are literally selling Super Mario 64 as part of a """"limited"""" $60 Collection right now. If they're adding a new system it's Game Boy, the question is whether they give us the whole line or decide to be douchebags, only do Game Boy/Color games, trickle them out over the course of the next year until they add Advanced and do the same thing. Probably that.

Last edited:

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
I REALLY can't see Nintendo adding N64 games when they are literally selling Super Mario 64 as part of a """"limited"""" $60 Collection right now. If they're adding a new system it's Game Boy, the question is whether they give us the whole line or decide to be douchebags, only do Game Boy/Color games, trickle them out over the course of the next year until they add Advanced and do the same thing. Probably that.
If they added GB/GBC, do you think they would include Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow? Would the Pokemon company include those games for what's basically a free service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom