• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Now, if this Mario tournament arrives and passes by with zero changes in anything (nothing confirmed, nothing deconfirmed, nothing hinted afterwards), then I question why not only did they announce this tournament so early, but why did the announcement even count as that week's event? Because if nothing happens, this tournament will feel like a big bucket of 'Who cares?'

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It is, but the 10th isn't this upcoming week.
The thing is, I was not talking about this week. Sunday is the last day of a weekend, but I believe it is also the first day of a full week. So I meant next week, not this week including Sunday.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
I remember back on September 29th, by using a bot website, many people discovered that the messages advertising Min Min on the Smash menu were going to disappear on the 30th. Sure enough, a Smash newcomer livestream was announced the next day, and the Min Min messages disappeared a day before Steve was announced.

My question is: is there a way we can find out when Steve’s will disappear?

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I remember back on September 29th, by using a bot website, many people discovered that the messages advertising Min Min on the Smash menu were going to disappear on the 30th. Sure enough, a Smash newcomer livestream was announced the next day, and the Min Min messages disappeared a day before Steve was announced.

My question is: is there a way we can find out when Steve’s will disappear?
I've looked through the old line messages, this seems like more of a coincidence than anything. They always go on for a set amount of 2-3 months and end on the last date regardless of when they were originally posted.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
I've looked through the old line messages, this seems like more of a coincidence than anything. They always go on for a set amount of 2-3 months and end on the last date regardless of when they were originally posted.
Alright, guess it was a false alarm. Just thought it was interesting, that’s all.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He never said it wasn't big, just to temper expectations, like not to expect a big general direct.
Does he know exactly what it is? Not that I want him to ruin the surprise, so he doesn't have to tell, but I am wondering how he knows how big this thing will be?

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Does he know exactly what it is? Not that I want him to ruin the surprise, so he doesn't have to tell, but I am wondering how he knows how big this thing will be?
From what I recall he just said he heard that something might happen on Tuesday, and that he wasn't the only person who had heard that, but other wise he wasn't concrete on it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
From what I recall he just said he heard that something might happen on Tuesday, and that he wasn't the only person who had heard that, but other wise he wasn't concrete on it.
Concrete? As in telling directly? No need. I was just wondering how big he thought it was, or if he knew anything about how big it was.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Concrete? As in telling directly? No need. I was just wondering how big he thought it was, or if he knew anything about how big it was.
As in the specifics of what this event is (although it seems like he thinks it's big enough to make it a podcast topic at least).

Speaking on the subject, I feel Nate's comment of tempering expectations is because we don't have a General Direct in 14 months and we know very few 1st party developed games, so even a General Direct (the best possible outcome IMO) would mean sky-high expectations that would never be met.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
As in the specifics of what this event is (although it seems like he thinks it's big enough to make it a podcast topic at least).

Speaking on the subject, I feel Nate's comment of tempering expectations is because we don't have a General Direct in 14 months and we know very few 1st party developed games, so even a General Direct (the best possible outcome IMO) would mean sky-high expectations that would never be met.
Ah. Well, whatever it is, I do hope it is worth the wait.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Not to dump on anyone who’s eager for a Game Awards reveal, but I’m kind of hoping Fatmanonice is right when he says his contacts were told by Nintendo that they’ve got their own plans for Smash DLC without the Game Awards. I’m not really liking Geno’s chances there. Unless it’s Doom Guy(thus a huge high five for CacoMallow leak)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not to dump on anyone who’s eager for a Game Awards reveal, but I’m kind of hoping Fatmanonice is right when he says his contacts were told by Nintendo that they’ve got their own plans for Smash DLC without the Game Awards. I’m not really liking Geno’s chances there. Unless it’s Doom Guy(thus a huge high five for CacoMallow leak)
Even though Nintendo thought Cranky Kong was a good fit at TGA and Cloud at a normal direct, I think it’s extremely likely if there was a Game Awards reveal, it wouldn’t be Geno, but a mainstream character. Geno seems more appropriate for a regular Sakurai presents. His chances are a lot better there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I figured certain characters would have returned, but Antasma specifically? I haven't heard that before.

Yeah I remember reading about it somewhere and I remember someone going over in a YouTube video about the scrapped content of paper jam and went on about antasma returning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom