• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Technically Dark Samus isn’t wearing a helmet, that’s her head
But yeah trying to use this as some sort of metric is pretty silly
Well, technically Dark Samus isn't using tools, it's using its own powers and taking the form of the phazon suit (which does have a helmet), so Dark Samus shouldn't have been in the tools of the trade event, but here we are.

Firox

Smash Master
Technically Dark Samus isn’t wearing a helmet, that’s her head
But yeah trying to use this as some sort of metric is pretty silly
I had to laugh when I read a comment saying that Geno was deconfirmed because he wears a hat. lol I mean, I know some of those people are ludicrously bias against Geno, but at least pretend like you aren't.

"The new famitsu column says that Sakurai doesn't like camping in the woods."
"Sakurai doesn't like wood?! Geno is deconfirmed! Cope and seethe!"

"....the column also says that Sakurai like to count in binary."
"Sakurai like to count?! That's it! Sesame Street's The Count is in! 78. 78 characters in Smash, ah ah ah."

1606321616176.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I had to laugh when I read a comment saying that Geno was deconfirmed because he wears a hat. lol I mean, I know some of those people are ludicrously bias against Geno, but at least pretend like you aren't.

"The new famitsu column says that Sakurai doesn't like camping in the woods."
"Sakurai doesn't like wood?! Geno is deconfirmed! Cope and seethe!"

"....the column also says that Sakurai like to count in binary."
"Sakurai like to count?! That's it! Sesame Street's The Count is in! 78. 78 characters in Smash, ah ah ah."

View attachment 292789
We slept on Dracula because he's a boss but forgot that he has a whole transformation at low health. Incredibly unique mechanic.

yungmornindrive

Smash Cadet
G0nard G0nard shared this with me last night:

More good news that Square Enix won't be seeing another development freeze because of the pandemic and is setting up measures so it won't happen again. Definitely a lot of good news on the Square Enix front this week.
Over/Under how many people have zoomed in on that picture on the right to see if there's a Geno or Smash pic. The number is 200.5.

MattX20

Smash Hero
G0nard G0nard shared this with me last night:

More good news that Square Enix won't be seeing another development freeze because of the pandemic and is setting up measures so it won't happen again. Definitely a lot of good news on the Square Enix front this week.
Assuming we don't get any Smash news this week, all the developments we're seeing could potentially hint at next week

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, what events happen after the Game Awards besides Christmas? I ask because either way, I think there are other reasons why any Nintendo news won't happen after the Game Awards.

Reactions: QQS

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Assuming we don't get any Smash news this week, all the developments we're seeing could potentially hint at next week
Honestly, the spirits being re-added yesterday was good enough for me because it's the first non-vague hint at Smash news being "Soon™" that we've gotten since the 7/11 ad before Steve. We went into this week saying Tuesday or bust and that was already a stretch to begin with. First week of December has been looking promising for two weeks now and this week added even more so I say we just let the week play out and not expect Nintendo to jump the shark this weekend.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Again, what is Sakurai and Nintendo going to present for Challenger 8 at the Game Awards? If at a event this big, then who would be the seller for many? (I know it is a Geno Thread, but show an open mind since it can go in anyone's favor with 4 slots still open for now.)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think we’re SOL with a new RELEASE coming this year but an announcement of a character in December or early January is very likely. December is of course The Game Awards and January is a hot month for Nintendo announcements.

All things considered a maximum of a month and a half wait really isn’t so bad.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Steve was announced in October, so January or February 2021 seems to be it given that 2-3 for smash news to appear. December may happen, but we will just have to wait and see when Nintendo is ready.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, what events happen after the Game Awards besides Christmas? I ask because either way, I think there are other reasons why any Nintendo news won't happen after the Game Awards.
It's possible but not expected. Ever since the VGAs evolved into a semi respectable award ceremony from the equivalent of a table at Denny's at 3am with drunk frats loudly describing their or their extra curricular associates' genitals in varying degrees of detail over Moons Over My Hammy, news is usually pretty scarce afterwards, especially because of the proximity of Christmas and New Years. The Final Smash 4 Presentation was on December 15th 2015 so they technically could squeeze in something but my prediction is that, if they go this late, it will be because there's a reveal on December 3rd and following the exact time gap that Byleth and Steve did (12 days).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's possible but not expected. Ever since the VGAs evolved into a semi respectable award ceremony from the equivalent of a table at Denny's at 3am with drunk frats loudly describing their or their extra curricular associates' genitals in varying degrees of detail over Moons Over My Hammy, news is usually pretty scarce afterwards, especially because of the proximity of Christmas and New Years. The Final Smash 4 Presentation was on December 15th 2015 so they technically could squeeze in something but my prediction is that, if they go this late, it will be because there's a reveal on December 3rd and following the exact time gap that Byleth and Steve did (12 days).
Very well. I guess it is just Christmas then. Even Japan takes time off by then. But what would happen if we don't get something next week, which seems unlikely, but still could be possible?

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Don't know how likely it is we'll have Geno in time for the Mario Tournament. Maybe he'll be saved for Christmas.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I think we’re SOL with a new RELEASE coming this year but an announcement of a character in December or early January is very likely. December is of course The Game Awards and January is a hot month for Nintendo announcements.

All things considered a maximum of a month and a half wait really isn’t so bad.
I'll point out that Cloud released on December 15th of 2015, so don't rule out the idea of a December release just yet. It's not common granted, but it's still hard to rule out the possibility this early on

Droodle

Smash Lord
I think it's more likely to expect character 8 to be revealed in January, but we CAN expect something Nintendo related to show up at the game awards (hopefully). If Geno is 8 though, I doubt he'll be released before the Mario tourney; it'd be cool if it happened though.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
New PapaGenos video, with some potential bad news for us.

Yeah if you ask me I don't think this event really means anything since as Papa said, events never usually line up with a character reveal, and if this were to be the case, that would mean tons of different characters would be deconfirmed because of this one event. We're still in the clear.

D

Deleted member

Yeah if you ask me I don't think this event really means anything since as Papa said, events never usually line up with a character reveal, and if this were to be the case, that would mean tons of different characters would be deconfirmed because of this one event. We're still in the clear.
0e2a32586daa59321c834062a8cb477be1cd53ced94463ab606541a87c1d3047.jpg

I didn't know big Papa was entering into the professional comedy sphere but good on him if it works out.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace

Bangs head against the drywall until I can't feel the pain anymore

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Well, nothing was announced yesterday, and tomorrow's Thanksgiving Day (US). I guess if Nintendo is to present a Direct or make a Smash announcement of sorts, hopefully they aim for next week, TGA, or... well... guess we'll have to wait until January 2021. Though I'm reaaaaally hoping for CP 8 reveal before 2020's over.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
November 2020 still beats both November 2018 and 2019 Smash speculation.

November 2018:

-The Great Massacre and the Death of the Grinch

-People begin unironically arguing spirits deconfirm. Aggression towards spirit fanbases skyrockets.

-Enter Plant and a month of "ALL THE DLC CHARACTERS WILL BE HARD SHILLS; GOD IS DEAD!"

-Sabi enters our lives

November 2019:

-Sabi and Verge's Extra Long Circlejerk Deconfirmation List©

-Comes out that Sabi is a terrible human being and was responsible for nearly all the Smash speculation scandals in the past year

-Writing is on the wall that 5 will probably go over about as well as a moldly bag of wet potatoes. People unironically say it will be Sora/Crash/Dante anyways

-Multiple raids against the Geno thread

MattX20

Smash Hero
November 2020 still beats both November 2018 and 2019 Smash speculation.

November 2018:

-The Great Massacre and the Death of the Grinch

-People begin unironically arguing spirits deconfirm. Aggression towards spirit fanbases skyrockets.

-Enter Plant and a month of "ALL THE DLC CHARACTERS WILL BE HARD SHILLS; GOD IS DEAD!"

-Sabi enters our lives

November 2019:

-Sabi and Verge's Extra Long Circlejerk Deconfirmation List©

-Comes out that Sabi is a terrible human being and was responsible for nearly all the Smash speculation scandals in the past year

-Writing is on the wall that 5 will probably go over about as well as a moldly bag of wet potatoes. People unironically say it will be Sora/Crash/Dante anyways

-Multiple raids against the Geno thread
Yep, compared to the last two years, this is a massive improvement

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Another confession time: when I was younger I used to do fantasy booking with the Smash Bros Brawl roster. I kind of modified it to be like WWE brands. Each brand had champions (world champion, tag team champions, women’s champion (which is kind of sexist of me in hindsight), lightweight champion, and a Retro championship).

I used to log all of the matches I booked and would keep track of championship reigns (# of reigns, days held, win-loss records) in Excel.

i would try and book fantasy storylines based off rivalries (classic good guys vs bad guys), and would do fun stuff like having Mario and Link feud (both good guys).

Mallow (white Kirby) and Geno (blue G&W) were my tag team champions a few times. I think Geno also competed for the Retro championship but I don’t think I ever gave it to him...

....I’ll just show myself out
That's so cool. I use to be a big WWE fan but stopped watching when the Undertaker's undefeated Wrestlemania streak ended at Wrestlemania 30. I heard he retired at Survivor Series a few days ago 30 years after his debut in Survivor Series 1990. What a legend he will be missed my all time favorite wrestler.

But yeah, I use to be part of the CAW community online in the THQ WWE Xbox 360 games back in the day that was fun. I use to create video game, anime, and comic book characters in the games and upload those CAWs to the community to share.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
That's so cool. I use to be a big WWE fan but stopped watching when the Undertaker's undefeated Wrestlemania streak ended at Wrestlemania 30. I heard he retired at Survivor Series a few days ago 30 years after his debut in Survivor Series 1990. What a legend he will be missed my all time favorite wrestler.

But yeah, I use to be part of the CAW community online in the THQ WWE Xbox 360 games back in the day that was fun. I use to create video game, anime, and comic book characters in the game and upload those CAWs to the community to share.
Thats amazing, I don’t know if I have said before but I’m a big fan of WWE and I grew up with it, just like with Nintendo. My favorite wrestler has always been Stone Cold, and then The Rock, HHH, Jericho, RVD, and a few more. I have all the WWE games Classic in SNES, 64, Dreamcast and PS2. Then I retired somehow a bit during WMXX, but always on the road.

If you wanna see Geno joining the party in Smash, gimme a hell yeah! 🍻🌟

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Thats amazing, I don’t know if I have said before but I’m a big fan of WWE and I grew up with it, just like with Nintendo. My favorite wrestler has always been Stone Cold, and then The Rock, HHH, Jericho, RVD, and a few more. I have all the WWE games Classic in SNES, 64, Dreamcast and PS2. Then I retired somehow a bit during WMXX, but always on the road.

Hell yeah! I wanna see him in!

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

Hell yeah bois

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
How cursed of an existence can we possibly live when we have to look back on two years and say:

2018: Fan favorites slaughtered
2019: Fan favorites slaughtered

and then look at the current year and say:

2020: Plague. It's an improvement.
View attachment 292795
That's the irony of it. Despite a once in a century pandemic and an economic downturn that may eventually come to surpass the Great Depression, at least Smash speculation isn't as bad as it has been.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Not really sure where we go from here honestly. Yet ANOTHER round of maintenance is weird and we know we're getting news on Doom Eternal SOMETIME this month, but the number of days that are actually viable for a presentation at this point is two, Friday and Monday. Them shadowdropping a mini on a Friday isn't unprecedented if March is anything to go by but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom