• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

QQS

Smash Lord
Yeah, I for sure know a thing or two about Geno fanart... lol...

You should show that folder to Mr. Sakurai. At this point he must know how amazing the love for Geno is, in spite that he has only one playable game from 25 years ago. Can you imagine if he had more games? He would be even on the theaters, bus stops or even candidate for president.

NukeLaBelle

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nukenai
You should show that folder to Mr. Sakurai. At this point he must know how amazing the love for Geno is, in spite that he has only one playable game from 25 years ago. Can you imagine if he had more games? He would be even on the theaters, bus stops or even candidate for president.
I feel like he somehow has all of my contact information absolutely blacklisted from his entire life. I would never dare speak with him, I'd get security called on me immediately.

QQS

Smash Lord
Let's be honest—if I woke up just to see that Geno's Smash trailer had dropped, I'd probably have seizures of joy.
I prefer thousand times Geno in Smash rather than a sequel or remake of SMPRG, if I have to choose I mean. Geno in Smash is the last wish I’m asking for. I can live with the memories of SMRPG back in my childhood, only that version, but I can’t tolerate Geno missing in Ultímate. My last favorite character that must join my favorite game, Smash.

Don’t get me wrong, though. Smash since Base Game is already a dream come true and a perfect game. But I just know that Geno is coming after all that we know...

🌟

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Time to pray for either a Tuesday, or gasp the unthinkably mad-lad Thursday Nintendo Direct. 🙏 Press Y to charge star power. :starman::starman::starman:
  • TWEWY countdown site coming to day zero on Sunday (or Monday I think)
  • DOOM Eternal Switch version news confirmed coming later this month (most likely, next week)
  • NSO Library update still M.I.A. (maybe... next week?)
  • Random 3DS network maintenance on Tuesday, November 24th.
  • Titles that got their SKU's leaked maybe getting officially announced next week...?
  • All other events/information discussed in prior posts by fellow board members.
Time to do like Geppetto and wish upon a star; have a blue fairy ...
blue fairy... guys... instantaneous tinfoil hat speculation
Rosalina (albeit her gown is more of a turquoise) kinda parallels a fairy (the Blue Fairy from Pinocchio, who brought the doll to life, and would eventually turn him into a real boy). 👀

Both the Blue Fairy and Rosalina's wands are very similar, as both have a star at the end. Ok, enough of that but dang what a thing to realize just now.
I really would love a Direct. Imagine if GeNovember really is the month.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hey Geno fans, I had a dream last night that might give you all a giggle.

So I had yet another Smash dream.

This one was a double reveal. I forgot who one was but the other one is a character from The Legend of Zelda. I remember it being someone who is not one of the triforce trio and is not Impa. I think it was either Ghirahim or another character that is yellow.

There was also new minigames added and you could access them through an interactive hub. Think of it as like one of the hubs from the early Lego games.

Finally, Geno is playable! But you can only play as him in those new minigames.
I remember being angry and very confused at that last part.....

Griselda

Smash Lord
Hey Geno fans, I had a dream last night that might give you all a giggle.

I remember being angry and very confused at that last part.....
I used to have dreams about minigames in Smash, back when I played Melee as a kid. One of them was like that Mario Party one where you have one player on a tower in the middle of a pool and the other ones on rafts, and you have to keep from falling off. There was another dream about some sort of alternate adventure mode that was like an expansion of the Underground Maze fused with Brinstar that I'd always end up playing through as Fox. They were very vivid dreams - it was like you had to access a secret menu to find all of that stuff.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman

yungmornindrive

Smash Cadet
So, it’s just Doom stuff alone, then?
I still stand by the Bethesda statement being decent “evidence” that something is coming Doom related that includes more than a release date. Could be part of a mini direct with gameplay footage, could be something more. That statement yesterday though was deliberate and a means to put out a fire while also continuing to build positive feedback.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I still stand by the Bethesda statement being decent “evidence” that something is coming Doom related that includes more than a release date. Could be part of a mini direct with gameplay footage, could be something more. That statement yesterday though was deliberate and a means to put out a fire while also continuing to build positive feedback.
and these next 5 days are by far the most likely time to drop it. If Doom Eternal's a digital only release on the Switch, my guess is it will be a December release so they can capitalize on the holiday season

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I just want to bring up how the current situation lines up with their statement 2 1/2 months ago:

Not only did they say "soon" back then but strongly implied announcing the news wasn't their call. This begs the question: if it's not their call, despite literally owning the IP, whose is it? I think we all know the answer at this point.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I just want to bring up how the current situation lines up with their statement 2 1/2 months ago:

Not only did they say "soon" back then but strongly implied announcing the news wasn't their call. This begs the question: if it's not their call, despite literally owning the IP, whose is it? I think we all know the answer at this point.
And the other SKUs may or may not be announced alongside them, maybe FP8 too before we call it a year. Cloud was released in December, so it wouldn't be the first DLC character in Smash to be released in that month

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Geno feels like a very “random day in the middle of May” style reveal so I’m kind of expecting a 2021 reveal for Geno.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The release date banner on Steve's icon has gone again on the official Ultimate website.

What is Nintendo doing? This is probably the most we've seen them remove and re-add a release date banner at any given time.
That's normally a sign that another character reveal is not far behind, at least the previous few times this happened that was the case

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The release date banner on Steve's icon has gone again on the official Ultimate website.

What is Nintendo doing? This is probably the most we've seen them remove and re-add a release date banner at any given time.
It's done this on mine but a couple of people are reporting it's only on mobile. Don't know if this means a lot but I guess we can see if anything develops.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
When's the last time where the website was updated before Steve was revealed?
hqdefault (2).jpg

I'll need to ask... I know the Fighter's directory got an update about two weeks ago that someone else came into the thread and talked about. Something we have noticed, however, is the site usually gets buggy as hell before reveals so, if things get worse, it may be a sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom