• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
What Youtube playlist is this? I checked both Nintendo ones and none of them include this...
Though, both Nintendo ones didn't have their videos uploaded by "Super Smash Bros.", so...
its on the Nintendo uk page. If you go to playlists and scroll down you’ll see a section that says “ super smash bros ultimate” it’s under there.

there’s also 2 more private videos on the main Nintendo channel. Go onto playlists and go into the sakurai presents playlist and there’s 2 private videos under it

Dunno if this one means anything as well. It was under the sakurai playlist section for smash bros on the main Nintendo channel. Could be nothing but thought it was worth putting

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
This is what has killed me as of late:

*Two years worth of evidence that Geno is likely coming.

"Even if Geno isn't 77, we're definitely still in this!"

*It comes to light that Nintendo practically put a gag order on the entire industry so silver bullet leaks likely won't happen again anytime soon.

"THE DREAM IS DEAD!"
I think with the Grinch Lie being back on many people's minds recently because of coming out this time 2 years ago, people are remembering all the crazy coincidences that occurred at the same time that no 'leaker' would ever be able to fake and seeing how those coincidences amounted to literally nothing, particularly the Isaac connected stuff. So people are getting wary about all the evidence with Geno because none of it is concrete and could also be counter explained or have a pessimistic end result. And with Nintendo going lock-down on leaks now, that stops the best source of evidence for people outside of Sakurai revealing the character.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
I think with the Grinch Lie being back on many people's minds recently because of coming out this time 2 years ago, people are remembering all the crazy coincidences that occurred at the same time that no 'leaker' would ever be able to fake and seeing how those coincidences amounted to literally nothing, particularly the Isaac connected stuff. So people are getting wary about all the evidence with Geno because none of it is concrete and could also be counter explained or have a pessimistic end result. And with Nintendo going lock-down on leaks now, that stops the best source of evidence for people outside of Sakurai revealing the character.
There is a major difference between Geno's inclusion and the Grinch leak, and that difference is that... nobody serious is doubting it.
Insiders left and right were calling it a fake, because it was. With Geno, that has not happened.

Last edited:

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
There is a major difference between Geno's inclusion and the Grinch leak, and that difference is that... nobody serious is doubting it.
Insiders left and right were calling it a fake, because it was. With Geno, that has not happened.
Still highly suspicious of the insiders "joking" about Geno back in July. There wasn't much funny about those jokes. I'm mixed if the Gamestop leak was a genuine leak or not, but I doubt it.

its on the Nintendo uk page. If you go to playlists and scroll down you’ll see a section that says “ super smash bros ultimate” it’s under there.

there’s also 2 more private videos on the main Nintendo channel. Go onto playlists and go into the sakurai presents playlist and there’s 2 private videos under it

Dunno if this one means anything as well. It was under the sakurai playlist section for smash bros on the main Nintendo channel. Could be nothing but thought it was worth putting
Don't do that. Don't give me hope. /s

Seriously though, it PROBABLY means nothing, but you never know.

D

Deleted member

To be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised if Sakurai had more power than he stated with “Nintendo picking the DLC” since Bayonetta was most likely decided before the Smash Ballot was opened. If anything, the DLC could simply just be rounds of discussions like all these suggestions. I don’t doubt that Nintendo had Byleth, DQ, and Steve in their minds. Joker, Banjo, and Terry on the other hand, felt like absolute Sakurai picks. Nintendo didn’t seem to care about Min Min instead of Springman despite him being the face of ARMS. Maybe occasionally Nintendo brings up a company or series then Sakurai decides. This most likely happened with Terry. Nintendo could bring up Square as a company or the Smash ballot and Sakurai brings up Geno which would be good for us.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
The private video means nothing, just like the last 100 times people have brought up private videos, it's just an old unlisted tournament video.

https://web.archive.org/web/20200114042417if_/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO6VmW7Zngo

Quick-tip, if you're ever curious just copy the video URL and smack it in the Wayback Machine (without the playlist in the URL), that will tell you what the video is. (seriously considering making some kind of Google Doc of miscellaneous info to do with Smash Speculation like this.)

Last edited:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
The private video means nothing, just like the last 100 times people have brought up private videos, it's just an old unlisted tournament video.

https://web.archive.org/web/20200114042417if_/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO6VmW7Zngo

Quick-tip, if you're ever curious just copy the video URL and smack it in the Wayback Machine (without the playlist in the URL), that will tell you what the video is. (seriously considering making some kind of Google Doc of miscellaneous info to do with Smash Speculation like this.)
If you do that, I would love if you'd include the missing news IDs and what are their "original timeframes"

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
I swear everytime I come back to this thread people are dooming about this or that.

Jeezus, relax people. You act like Geno got Mii Costume'd in Steve's pack. You need to take a break from smash speculation if you're taking these things that seriously. Geno is still extremely likely and i'll say this right now, one of the easiest predictions i'll ever make for Smash Ultimate DLC.
Nah. Steve indicates that Geno is next, right?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Any Geno news?

ALSO Quick Update on my RPG
RPGTestImage.png

I decided to make my RPG finally functional for testing. It's mostly just enemy pictures at this point. I've got like 100 different enemies I've made, though it's more like 30 something since they all have alternate colors.

I've decided to go with larger Walkabout sprites. The "normal" size is about the size of FF1 sprites, which I am not a fan of that size. These sprites are about 40x40 but most of that is empty space. It's more like 20x20
Walking.png

These 3 characters are ones I made up when I was in kindergarten. lol. They are the 3 first characters in the game.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
If you do that, I would love if you'd include the missing news IDs and what are their "original timeframes"
Being honest I've been keeping track of everything to do with the website ID's on Notepad's since February after the original month or two of the numbers being all messed up, that's the entire reason I realized the Photo Contest had an out of order number in the first place.

It'll probably take some time to figure out exactly what I want to compile (and make it not sound completely insane/annoyingly condescending) but at the very least I want to cover everything major that's been said by Sakurai over the last few years in terms of general happenings/choices and an overview of stuff to do with the various websites. An FAQ of sorts to the ridiculousness of speculating over characters in children's party games.

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
Any Geno news?

View attachment 290411

I decided to make my RPG finally functional for testing. It's mostly just enemy pictures at this point. I've got like 100 different enemies I've made, though it's more like 30 something since they all have alternate colors.

I've decided to go with larger Walkabout sprites. The "normal" size is about the size of FF1 sprites, which I am not a fan of that size. These sprites are about 40x40 but most of that is empty space. It's more like 20x20
View attachment 290412

These 3 characters are ones I made up when I was in kindergarten. lol. They are the 3 first characters in the game.
Yo I love your character concepts so much!! Where can I follow your progress?? Absolutely incredible.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Any Geno news?

View attachment 290411

View attachment 290412

Nope, still patiently waiting for news on our blue-clothed puppet friend.

Anyway, nice job on those sprites! They look like they'd fit right into a 16-bit SNES or Genesis RPG, and I mean that in a good way! The environment also gives me an Undertale vibe. Keep up the good work!

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
I thought Kelios said they were done with leaking after what happened with the Partner's Showcase?

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Pretty much why I am always perpetually skeptical.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Off topic, but Goemon is getting official merchandise on Fangamer and the logo has Mystical Ninja on it and not Ganbare Goemon:

I'm crying in joy right now because this is the first time anything Goemon related has officially been released in the west outside of VC ports in the last 21 years. I feel now more than ever there is hope for the franchise to gain a second chance to gain a good foothold in the west.

Firox

Smash Master
Pretty much why I am always perpetually skeptical.
Basically, all "leaks" post Byleth are fake and the only possible sources of inside info are Sakurai himself or a completely accidental jumping-the-gun by Nintendo itself or one of their advertisers (like the SNK leak). Fortunately for Geno, all notable leaks referencing him happened prior to the full info lockdown and the current lack of his Mii costume is circumstantial evidence.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I really hope Nintendo doesn't do something boring and say something on Twitter like "Happy Birthday to Mario RPG for being 25 years old!" it would be nice, but still, I want something cooler like Mario RPG on NSO.
And that’s if we’re lucky. If we even get that tweet.

MattX20

Smash Hero
My current speculation for when FP8 is revealed will take place after one of the two Smash Challenge cups going on, with the first ending on Sunday the 1st. If Fatman's speculation for November is accurate, we could see an announcement for the next Fighter Pass reveal within 2 weeks if the last two reveals after their respective tournaments are anything to go by

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
With the whole pandemic going on, I honestly wouldn't complain if someone leaked video footage of the rest of the characters that are currently being worked on in Fighter's Pass 2. I know that's very unlikely a ESRB cert of leak would drop again especially for DLC, but still I wouldn't mind seeing the characters now because my patience is completely dry with Nintendo.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
With the whole pandemic going on, I honestly wouldn't complain if someone leaked video footage of the rest of the characters that are currently being worked on in Fighter's Pass 2. I know that's very unlikely a ESRB cert of leak would drop again especially for DLC, but still I wouldn't mind seeing the characters now because my patience is completely dry with Nintendo.
This 1000%. I really don't give a crap about the mystery anymore. As much as I love smash, my flame is about flickered out when it comes to anticipation. Geno is my last bastion of hype. Once his fate is revealed, I'll be complete.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I had a smash dream last night, oddly, where they teased scorbunny being released only for it turning out to be big chungus bugs bunny instead. Then they played an offtune forest maze and had Geno mii costume. Bad dream...
It sounds like you accidentally unlocked the secret bad ending.

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
AND THEN THE REAL GENO COMES IN AND KICKS BIG CHUNGUS'S ASS LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I had a smash dream last night, oddly, where they teased scorbunny being released only for it turning out to be big chungus bugs bunny instead. Then they played an offtune forest maze and had Geno mii costume. Bad dream...

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Or at least announce a character in advance instead of waiting until a week before they get released to finally reveal them. That ARMs situation may have been the most baffling and dumbest of them all.

D

Deleted member

Got an interesting feeling for tonight, think we're going to see a new spirit event with a big disconfirmation (not Geno though).
I don’t think we had a spirit event for a brand new series in a while didn’t we? Here’s hoping for an event that removes less competition for Geno like a Square series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom