• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
I would not by any crazy theories like "Voice" or "Color" theory.
They dont base their characters off of colors, they also don't base their characters off of a menu that isn't even known to exist for some people.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Truth to be told to some places like GameFAQ. More of the time in discussions is about who can destroy who in an argument

Really, it is all about discussions and ideas sharing, but people does take it differently.
Gamefaqs is just full of miserable people, who want to bring others down. I don’t need that.

Last edited:

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Gamefaqs is just full of miserable people, who want to bring other down. I don’t need that.
It's better to just pretend Gamefaqs doesn't exist, no need to think about them, the whole website has been just trying to see who can be the most rude anyways.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Well, time to squeeze in another tournament; this time being a Mario Tennis ACES one.

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
So, in essence, because of Geno's status as one of the most requested characters and the fact that he already has a costume from a previous Smash title and that Square likes to make money of their content rather than give more of it for less or the same, Geno's chances of being a deluxe costume are essentially non-existant.
I don’t know, I still feel like using “it hasn’t happened before” as evidence isn’t very good evidence. I also don’t feel like any of us know enough about how the money moves behind the scenes for third parties to definitively say something won’t be done.

You say Square wouldn’t give more content to sell at the same price, but Hero’s pack cost the same as Cloud’s did in Smash 4, and we got 8 songs with Hero versus 2 with Cloud, and we even got multiple Heroes, each with a different VA, if we want to count that as getting more, too.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Selling 2 songs for 75 cents wouldn't be allowed by SE at all.
This isn't even about greed, no company has done this when it comes to "Deluxe" Miis.
Vault Boy and Bomberman did not get a single song because licensing 2 songs for not even a dollar is insane.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I swear everytime I come back to this thread people are dooming about this or that.

Jeezus, relax people. You act like Geno got Mii Costume'd in Steve's pack. You need to take a break from smash speculation if you're taking these things that seriously. Geno is still extremely likely and i'll say this right now, one of the easiest predictions i'll ever make for Smash Ultimate DLC.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm pages behind on this particular post, but

This sure is some god damned deja vu. Here we are nearly 20 years later looking at the same elephant in the room: Every character that ranked higher than Geno is already in the game or out of the running, I guess with the notable exception of Waddle Dee.

Man, it's bad enough as it is without turning into Groundhog Day except we relive the last two decades without a restart.
I feel like it's a lot more narrowed down now because, for example, with "Sakurai's Journal" from Brawl, a lot of the characters that appeared didn't wind up being anything notable either. Ridley was a boss, Krystal was a cameo, pretty sure Takamaru was a sticker, etc. We're also far enough into DLC where a lot of notable developers have officially spoken about Smash which has cast hard doubt on a lot of characters like Shantae, Sora, a Level 5 rep, a Bethesda rep, etc so the number of big fan favorites that aren't outright in the red zone is honestly single digits at this point.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hell, this is one of the few places that doesn't try to act toxic to one another, and is one of the only message boards I'm in due to it.
I kind of disagree. While Smashboards is the safest safe haven for Smash fans to go to, people in the Newcomer Thread can be quite toxic at times when you bring up a characters that isn't part of the norm or isn't considered likely.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I swear everytime I come back to this thread people are dooming about this or that.

Jeezus, relax people. You act like Geno got Mii Costume'd in Steve's pack. You need to take a break from smash speculation if you're taking these things that seriously. Geno is still extremely likely and i'll say this right now, one of the easiest predictions i'll ever make for Smash Ultimate DLC.
This is what has killed me as of late:

*Two years worth of evidence that Geno is likely coming.

"Even if Geno isn't 77, we're definitely still in this!"

*It comes to light that Nintendo practically put a gag order on the entire industry so silver bullet leaks likely won't happen again anytime soon.

"THE DREAM IS DEAD!"

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
I kind of disagree. While Smashboards is the safest safe haven for Smash fans to go to, people in the Newcomer Thread can be quite toxic at times when you bring up a characters that isn't part of the norm or isn't considered likely.
I mean this thread and this thread only.
The Geno thread has normally stuck together and atleast have some amounts of respect to one another.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wait, what?!
No, it's making fun of the fact that peoples' confidence totally errodes with even the most minor of setbacks.

"Insiders aren't talking so therefore everything is ruined forever and everything that happened before Steve is null and void. Let's make a theatrical performance of it so people can golf clap about us having the """""""""""""""correct""""""""""""" expectations for Geno."

I'm just a little burned out on how peoples' confidence goes completely to **** if things aren't gift wrapped and FedEx'd to their house when it comes to speculation.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
No, it's making fun of the fact that peoples' confidence totally errodes with even the most minor of setbacks.

"Insiders aren't talking so therefore everything is ruined forever and everything that happened before Steve is null and void. Let's make a theatrical performance of it so people can golf clap about us having the """""""""""""""correct""""""""""""" expectations for Geno."

I'm just a little burned out on how peoples' confidence goes completely to **** if things aren't gift wrapped and FedEx'd to their house when it comes to speculation.
I can't believe people overreact to even that. It is not the end of the world if leakers go silent. We can survive without them (no offense to you, Fatman, since you have been in the leaking business, yourself, right?).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I can't believe people overreact to even that. It is not the end of the world if leakers go silent. We can survive without them (no offense to you, Fatman, since you have been in the leaking business, yourself, right?).
I just talk about rumors and I have no means of absolutely proving things beyond a shadow of a doubt. I don't really have an interest in leaking but having stuff to talk about. On that end, I haven't gotten anything new since shortly after the Mario presentation. Either way, November and December are looking good for a variety of reasons with one being that Nintendo doesn't usually get this aggressive unless there's something on the horizon they don't want getting out.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just talk about rumors and I have no means of absolutely proving things beyond a shadow of a doubt. I don't really have an interest in leaking but having stuff to talk about. On that end, I haven't gotten anything new since shortly after the Mario presentation. Either way, November and December are looking good for a variety of reasons with one being that Nintendo doesn't usually get this aggressive unless there's something on the horizon they don't want getting out.
That's why I said "right?". Just wanted to make sure. Not sure if you were that much of a leaker before.

But still, it is amazing that people are acting like it is the end of the world because Nintendo told leakers to shut up. I am sure we can survive without leakers, as I have said before. I mean, even if they don't leak anything Smash related, let alone anything Nintendo related, we'll still find out what's next, eventually.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

It honestly kills me how close to the pencil grit this has played out... 8 months later and, sure enough, it's pretty much followed this roadmap to a T when it comes to insider conversations from fall 2019 onward. Basically what I'm saying is that I think we've had our finger on the pulse of the most likely characters for almost a year now and even with Steve being called leakbait he was still on the radar for a lot of people.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
It's true that this year for Nintendo felt odd.
Of course COVID made things slow down , but Nintendo was willing to localize/port games that were considered on the more obscure side , with Panel de Pon , Mario Picross , FE1...

I really hope that 2021 will be as awesome as you predict it to be , Fatman.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Yeah 2021 is probably gonna be great especially since there's a high likelihood of games seeping into 2021 cause of the pandemic
I definitely hope so, but I'm not sure how things will be for Nintendo in terms of announcements and such. Unfortunately, the pandemic will be here for a good chunk of 2021, and it might not even be fully resolved until 2022 or beyond.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
2021 is a year that (supposedly) we will get a new hardware revision, so expect a very strong first party software lineup like 2019 or 2017. In addition, Switch is selling really well this CY (Calendar Year), and next year its likely the console will hit the 100 millions mark, very near Wii and PS1 LTD sales, so hopefully we can expect a more robust third party support.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's true that this year for Nintendo felt odd.
Of course COVID made things slow down , but Nintendo was willing to localize/port games that were considered on the more obscure side , with Panel de Pon , Mario Picross , FE1...

I really hope that 2021 will be as awesome as you predict it to be , Fatman.
I think it will be because the way things have played out it's become apparent that everything was pushed back 4-5 months. November releases are now likely to be April and May releases. This makes sense because, historically, Nintendo's "year" typically starts in late March to mid May when it comes to releasing brand new first party games. I decided to look into it to save you all the trouble and here have been the major first party game releases in late Q1/Q2 since 2011:

2011: 3DS launch, Ocarina of Time 3D

2012: Kid Icarus Uprising, Mario Party 9, Mario Tennis Open

2013: Tomodachi Life, Game and Wario

2014: Mario Kart 8, DK: Tropical Freeze, Kirby: Triple Deluxe

2015: Mario Party 10

2016: Fire Emblem Fates (outside Japan), Star Fox Zero, Kirby Planet Robobot, Twilight Princess HD

2017: Breath of the Wild, Switch launch, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

2018: Nintendo LABO, Kirby Star Allies

2019: Yoshi's Crafted World, Tetris 99

2020: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Xenoblade DE

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

It honestly kills me how close to the pencil grit this has played out... 8 months later and, sure enough, it's pretty much followed this roadmap to a T when it comes to insider conversations from fall 2019 onward. Basically what I'm saying is that I think we've had our finger on the pulse of the most likely characters for almost a year now and even with Steve being called leakbait he was still on the radar for a lot of people.
I was a bit taken aback by how many people were surprised by Steve's inclusion. As soon as a second fighter pass was announced I just sort of figured either Chief or Steve was a given.

MattX20

Smash Hero

THIS GOOD GOD THIS. It's frustrating how often this happens

novazvezda

Smash Cadet
Dang, it felt like only a month ago did y'all reach 3000 pages. But nope, that was way back in July. Still, it just goes to show how passionate you all are for what many people consider to be only a distant dream and wish. I swear that thinking about this makes me feel inspired sometimes. It's gonna be good to hit 3500. Video games, man. That's all I have to say.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I haven’t checked in here In a few days so I’m behind a bit and don’t know if this has been mentioned but does anyone know if this is legit or if it’s a mistake.

under the smash bro’s playlist there’s a private video on their. Dunno if it’s just a mistake or if it’s real and popping up for everyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom