• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizzle

Smash Cadet
As a theory based on "we have to fill these blanks in on this UI element", it's already bull****. We will clearly have to learn the lesson that filling out the UI means nothing to Smash a thousand times.
This. The fact that it ended up being nice and tidy for FP1 was a mere coincidence and if it happens again for FP2, it'll still be a coincidence. They wouldn't decide what characters to add based on if they'll all be able to fill up the "voice slots".

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
This. The fact that it ended up being nice and tidy for FP1 was a mere coincidence and if it happens again for FP2, it'll still be a coincidence. They wouldn't decide what characters to add based on if they'll all be able to fill up the "voice slots".
I think the Gist is that

1. It's in the Data of the Game Files, and not just a UI Element

2.They made the number of Voice Files according to who was already decided to be in FP2.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
I think the Gist is that

1. It's in the Data of the Game Files, and not just a UI Element

2.They made the number of Voice Files according to who was already decided to be in FP2.
No, data wasn't found in the game's files, it's mainly a OCD theory.

Where is this claim from? The UI does not need to be even, and this has been proven by multiple other Smash UI's in the past, including ones in Ultimate, why must this one be the one?

7NATOR

Smash Master
No, data wasn't found in the game's files, it's mainly a OCD theory.

Where is this claim from? The UI does not need to be even, and this has been proven by multiple other Smash UI's in the past, including ones in Ultimate, why must this one be the one?
Wait no data found? i Keep hearing there was data for voice files

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don’t see why Geno wouldn’t have a voice despite having a lot of dialogue even in Super Mario Kun, he shout out his attacks. Idk that we may still have room for a voiceless character but if the rest of the fighters have voices and if Geno wouldn’t have a voice, I don’t think that would bode well...
Could be a artistic choice since none of the characters make noise in actual gameplay of SMRPG if I remember correctly. I figure we will at least hear a “Geno Whorl” if anything but I won’t be surprised if he’s silent.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Can someone explain the nature of the rumored like "switch plus" or whatever? Is it a DS -> DSI thing with no exclusives and better hardware or a wii u -> switch deal?

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Can someone explain the nature of the rumored like "switch plus" or whatever? Is it a DS -> DSI thing with no exclusives and better hardware or a wii u -> switch deal?
By the seems of things, the what we call "Switch Pro" will be a heavily upgraded Switch that'll be able to display 4k (The nature on which it'll be displayed is unknown, I think it'll be upscaled to 4k via dock and the screen on the handheld will be upped to 1080p)
Thanks to this massive jump of power, do not be surprised if we see Switch Pro exclusives or major Switch Pro upgrades, like how Monster Hunter is going to be heavily upgraded thanks to the power of the Switch Pro.
March/April 2021 release seems to be the general idea.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
By the seems of things, the what we call "Switch Pro" will be a heavily upgraded Switch that'll be able to display 4k (The nature on which it'll be displayed is unknown, I think it'll be upscaled to 4k via dock and the screen on the handheld will be upped to 1080p)
Thanks to this massive jump of power, do not be surprised if we see Switch Pro exclusives or major Switch Pro upgrades, like how Monster Hunter is going to be heavily upgraded thanks to the power of the Switch Pro.
March/April 2021 release seems to be the general idea.
Well **** i hope it's at least like Botw where they give us graphically inferior version. I don't exactly wanna be shelling out 4 a new console any time soon

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Just dropping by to say that I still strongly believe that Geno will be coming sooner or later to Smash.
Steve is overall a fun addition , even if I think he should have had a slightly smashified redesign , and in the end , he means more good than bad for Geno. (A returning company from FP1 can get a character in FP2 , that's the biggest positive.)

I don't come here often because unless there is something massive about Geno (like , his textures being datamined or fatman dropping a bombshell 10 minutes before his reveal) , I won't really change my stance on Geno. All the evidence compiled by Polar Thief convinced me that he'll be coming , and we probably won't get a new reveal until next year. (Unless they plan to pull an E3 and reveal Geno in November or December)

If for X or Y reason , we just get the costume , or worst , nothing at all... Well , I still won't give up. There is still the possibility to bring him to modern Mario RPGs and the next Smash game.
Geno has a supportbase that exist since more than a decade and a half , and no matter what people will tell you about it's legitimacy (Starting as a meme because of Rawest Forest , the lack of activity for Sm4sh , the bandwagonning for Ultimate) , it's still a huge community that is still going , for what is deemed a "irrelevant spin-off character" to some.

This remain why the Geno community feel special to me , even if the behavior of a few selected people was blown out of proportions to make the entire group seem "toxic" to the general public. The genuine passion the people here have for the character , no matter their age and origin , is simply something I don't find in other support base for Smash character , even if they're welcoming.
Even if Iv'e only been a supporter for more than 2 years (starting at the August 2018 direct) , these 2 years have been really pleasing , and made me meet a ton of people.

Thank you for reading , and hopefully , our wish will be granted sooner or later.
tumblr_inline_pntcbiAcF01uh081l_1280.png

(Loopylupe's art give me life , ngl)

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
As PapaGenos brought up in his video, it's possible that we could get two characters together that get separate voice clips like Lloyd Irving and his partner and Colette for example.
As we know, however, there is no precedent for this. We already have 4 duo characters in the game:
:ulticeclimbers:
:ultrosalina:
:ultduckhunt:
:ultbanjokazooie:

All of them only take up one slot, where each duo's set of voice clips include both characters in the duo. There are not two separate sets for those characters/one for each of the duo. The reason being that, unlike alt costume voices, duo characters' voices are not mutually exclusive. Each character in the duo will always be heard when you choose that duo regardless of the alt being used. Characters that change voices with their alts, like Hero, Byleth, Corrin, Bowser Jr., or Robin have voices that are mutually exclusive. Picking one of the Hero's means you can't hear the other Hero's, picking male Byleth means you can't hear female Byleth, and the same applies to Jr., Robin, Corrin, etc.

A duo's voice lines will always be in one set since you will never hear each character's voice independently of the other (Solo Popo does not count, Nana still has to use one of her KO voice clips before disappearing).

The only character that is potentially confusing to this is Pokemon Trainer. Due to alts and transformations, Pokemon Trainer has 5 different voice sets:
:ultpokemontrainer:
:ultpokemontrainerf:
:ultsquirtle:
:ultivysaur:
:ultcharizard:

Pokemon Trainer uses both mutually exclusive and mutually inclusive voice sets during gameplay, so for obvious reasons this character is an exception, not the rule.

TL;DR Basically, another duo character like Rex/Pyra or Lloyd/Colette won't take up more than one voice set slot because the preexisting duo characters don't do that.

D

Deleted member

Well **** i hope it's at least like Botw where they give us graphically inferior version. I don't exactly wanna be shelling out 4 a new console any time soon
I'd be wary of Nintendo's hardware "upgrades" that aren't full successor consoles just based on their past actions. The New 3DS, Wii Motion Plus, and DSi have illustrated that aside from a one-off marketing gimmick, these upgrades are rarely worth the price of admission.

Also, just to provide a counterpoint, Geno had more lines than Mario (who was a silent protagonist) and more lines than any other protagonist outside of possibly Bowser, but Mega Man also has a wide selection of lines, including several voiced appearances... Yet he showed up completely silent in Smash (this was an excellent decision imo because if they picked a trashy English voice for him I think more people would have been mad than glad).

However, a counter-counterpoint to that is that Sakurai made very clear that Mega Man's NES incarnation was what he was thinking of the most when he was designing Mega Man. Out of the absolutely massive pool of moves that Mega Man could have had, the majority are from 2. Leaf Shield, Metal Blade, Crash Bomber, three of his four specials, are all from that game, as well as Air Shooter, his up air. Then there's slide and Rush Coil from 3 (as well as a relatively nasty interpretation of Spark Shot) and his charge shot from 4. Then we have Flame Tower from 6, Slash Claw from 7, and Flame Sword from 8, as well as the infamous Mega Upper from Marvel vs Capcom The Power Fighters... So it's fair to say that Mega Man was almost entirely inspired by Mega Man 2, the most iconic game in the series, a game in which almost 100% of the text was "GET EQUIPPED". Mega Man, when viewed through this lens, never said a word.

To further add counter-counterpoint, Smash has given voices to characters like Samus, Ness, Lucas, and Hero, and three of those characters have never said a word outside of what a player chose for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I more or less figured the reason that the trainer's Pokemon are listed separately in the voices menu is because every trailer that mentions the number of characters in the game goes out of its way to say that Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard can be considered separate.

Notably, Nana and Luma never get this treatment despite not even being physically attached to another character like Kazooie and the Duck.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I feel like voice theory requires a mystery character to perfectly thread a needle that basically two characters have achieved at this point: Hero and Ike. As I complained on Discord, based on past precedent, it would need to be a male character that's not a gender swap but has different iconic forms and voices but not different enough to justify an echo. I'm actually getting a headache with how ****in' specific that is. Imagine if Alph and Olimar actually talked and that's basically what we're looking for: a character that could pass as a true clone, not an echo. It feels like a dead end if you go about it as literally as possible.

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Imo if Geno has voice, it has to be like this: https://youtu.be/Z059PSkn8ws
I do like that, actually.

Even so, I kinda agree with others who've said he probably won't have a voice. Replicated sound effects from SMRPG would probably be better.
This next part is just personal opinion, but even though I do like that voice, I'm not sure that any voice I'd hear for him would match up properly with the voice in my head when reading his text in-game.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I feel like voice theory requires a mystery character to perfectly thread a needle that basically two characters have achieved at this point: Hero and Ike. As I complained on Discord, based on past precedent, it would need to be a make character that's not a gender swap but has different iconic forms and voices but not different enough to justify an echo. I'm actually getting a headache with how ****in' specific that is. Imagine if Alph and Olimar actually talked and that's basically what we're looking for: a character that could pass as a true clone, not an echo. It feels like a dead end if you go about it as literally as possible.
Yep, it's going to be headache inducing trying to figure out who could justify two voice slots. Apart from Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice as a potential alt or Crash and Coco, I've got nothing

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I feel like voice theory requires a mystery character to perfectly thread a needle that basically two characters have achieved at this point: Hero and Ike. As I complained on Discord, based on past precedent, it would need to be a make character that's not a gender swap but has different iconic forms and voices but not different enough to justify an echo. I'm actually getting a headache with how ****in' specific that is. Imagine if Alph and Olimar actually talked and that's basically what we're looking for: a character that could pass as a true clone, not an echo. It feels like a dead end if you go about it as literally as possible.
I wish Olimar had his voice in Smash. Dude straight up sounds like Darth Vader speaking Simlish. No joke.

Last edited:

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
You are forgiven. :geno:
Okay, I'll list some anime I've watched (in no particular order) and you tell me which ones you've seen.
  • Death Note
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (I'm also caught up on the manga, all 900+ chapters of it. Still have to watch the Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe adaptations.)
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Haven't seen the movies, but I've read the Highschool AU one-shot manga.)
  • Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
  • Kill la Kill
  • Little Witch Academia (Both movies and the Anime series.)
  • Inferno Cop
  • Ninja Slayer
  • Space Patrol Luluco
  • SSSS.GRIDMAN
  • One Punch Man
  • Mob Psycho 100
  • Dr. Stone
  • Attack on Titan (First two seasons of the anime only, dropped it after Season 2.)
  • My Hero Academia (Watched 50 episodes and just stopped.)
  • Astro Boy (2003 series)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog OVA
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion (Only watched the first 12 episodes. I'm planning on getting around to the rest soon enough.)
  • DARLING in the FRANXX
  • Goblin Slayer
  • The Big O
  • Rising of the Shield Hero
  • Interspecies Reviewers
  • Shimoneta
  • Ghost in the Shell (The '95 film and exactly one episode of Stand Alone Complex.)
  • FLCL (Haven't seen Alternative nor Progressive.)
  • Record of Lodoss War
  • Another
  • Land of the Lustrous (Also mostly caught up with the manga.)
  • Space Dandy
  • Shiki (Got about a third of the way through and just stopped.)
  • Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine (Got about halfway through and just stopped.)
  • Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (I've heard the games are much better.)
  • Death Parade
  • Bananya (Watched about 10 or so episodes, though I intend to eventually watch the rest.)
I've watched Death Note, Neon Genesis Evangelion, My Hero Acadamia (although I dropped it during season 4), One Punch Man, Attack on Titan Season 1, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and I've played Daganronpa but have not watched the Danganronpa anime adaptation. The other shows you've mentioned I am either interested in, am going to watch with friends, or my friends have watched it.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Honestly people only start whining about politics when it involves either representation of or discrimination against minorities, LGBT people, or women.

Any other kind of politics and gamers sit there placidly soaking it up. Not even AWARE that they're watching politics in their game.
If you are gonna call out people for being off topic, at least call out everyone, which would technically include RuffyYoshi and the person who responded to them initially. Otherwise you are kinda incriminating only part of a party and I've gone through enough of life taking the blame for others.

Also, next time just report it, because you can get in just as much trouble for being a mini-mod. I've seen it happen here before.

Honestly people only start whining about politics when it involves either representation of or discrimination against minorities, LGBT people, or women.

Any other kind of politics and gamers sit there placidly soaking it up. Not even AWARE that they're watching politics in their game.
Speaking of being off topic, I find this idea fascinating.

What you have essentially done is point out what I said with different phrasing: The majority of gamers aren't up for modern politics being unnaturally injected into our entertainment medium of choice.

Modern politics have been pretty crazy as of late and mostly focuses on the things you listed, although there are many other things as well, just those seem to be in the spotlight a lot. Regardless of your stance on things, there are extremes to each side, and they have been coming more to the forefront every passing day and everyone out there seems to be demanding you take a side. The thing is, gamers don't want a part of this, but it feels as though we are being forced into it by the decisions of studios or companies that either have a side they want to push or a side they want to pander to.

They way you phrased it almost makes it seem like gamers as a whole are inherently intolerant or despise these things, but it's more that we play games to have fun and politics is just the opposite of that right now. Even if there is a political narrative in a game or that politics is a core feature of the game, there is a different between negotiating for a peace treaty between your fictional country and another fictional country and a publisher pushing pandering for a current politically charged group. There is a difference between controlling an agent and taking down a corrupt government single-handedly and being forced to take a side with real people who are very angry.

Politics in games are fantasy and generally are there to enhance the experience, while currently politics in reality ruins the experience. It's less that gamers aren't aware and more that we want our entertainment media to be left alone when other media has gone down the same path.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not sure how I feel about this Voice Theory thing, and it really doesn't affect Geno's chances, so I'm gonna have to give it a hard pass.

As far as Geno having a voice, I really don't think it will happen. Most of the characters who have voices in Smash have had them as canon voices for a while, though there are some exceptions. Geno doesn't feel like that kind of exception, and I'm not sure casting for him would be possible without tracking down the original creators of Geno and trying to get and idea of what they envisioned him sounding like. Considering how much we've transformed Geno into something, else, I'm not sure giving him any canon voice would work out well either, so silent with awesome SMRPG sound effects sounds like it;s the way to go.

Last edited:

Naigumi

Smash Cadet
I want Crash in the game but Coco as an alt seems... wrong. Doesn't alts uses the same animations as the "base" characters? Like Male and Female Byleth. I know that Female Byleth has a few additional bones in her skeleton to control her hair compared to the male version, but the animations between them are the same.
Imagine Coco using the same animations as Crash... it doesn't feel right. Of course, i believe they can change that and make a unique skeleton and animations for her, but that would be pretty much making an echo fighter instead of an alternative skin.
As for Geno, i still think he has a chance and Voice Theory doesn't deny or confirm any characters, to be honest.

Do the main characters of DMC play drastically different? Could it be possible that Dante comes with a swap?
Nero, Dante and Vergil movesets in DMC V are way too different from each other, it's more likely to have a young/old Dante swap

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
As far as Geno having a voice, I really don't think it will happen. Most of the characters who have voices in Smash have had them as canon voices for a while, though there are some exceptions. Geno doesn't feel like that kind of exception, and I'm not sure casting for him would be possible without tracking down the original creators of Geno and trying to get and idea of what they envisioned him sounding like. Considering how much we've transformed Geno into something, else, I'm not sure giving him any canon voice would work out well either, so silent with awesome SMRPG sound effects sounds like it;s the way to go.
I agree that Geno will probably be silent, but can I just add that I found Marth's new English voice to be kind of jarring? It's funny how accustomed people get to the way characters are presented that anything new just feels wrong.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I've watched Death Note, Neon Genesis Evangelion, My Hero Acadamia (although I dropped it during season 4), One Punch Man, Attack on Titan Season 1, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and I've played Daganronpa but have not watched the Danganronpa anime adaptation. The other shows you've mentioned I am either interested in, am going to watch with friends, or my friends have watched it.
Ah, I see. Well, if you're to watch any of those, I'd recommend the following:
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. A ragtag group of randos ride around in giant mechs powered by their belief in themselves. If you like giant robots and over-the-top action, you'll probably like this.
  • Inferno Cop. It's like if someone was given 50 dollars and told to make an anime in two weeks about literally anything they wanted. It's free to watch on YouTube and you can get through it all in under an hour.
  • Interspecies Reviewers. While it may just look like a trashy fanservice show (and to a degree it is), it's got a surprising amount of thought put into it in terms of both world building and the mechanics of doing it with fantasy creatures. You can watch it all uncensored on *******. (Not even kidding.)
  • Space Dandy. Funny trio of alien hunters get into all sorts of wild space shenanigans. It's pretty damn good.
  • The Big O. Imagine Bruce Wayne in a giant mech having kaiju battles in a dilapidated New York City. If you like Eva, you'll probably like this as well.

Guys, it has been 2 years since That leak we don't talk about: https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1318568454216175616?s=20
JohnnyJonesMan.png

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Guys, it has been 2 years since That leak we don't talk about: https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1318568454216175616?s=20
That also came around the time I was getting hit with a bunch of serious personal stuff. That's why that Nov 1st Direct was so awful, to me. I didn't even get a chance to see the Direct until 2 days later because of the real stuff. Then when I saw the Direct, I was so disappointed in it.

But that Grinch Lie is why I'm getting concerned about all these coincidences in Geno's favor right now. Look at how many coincidences lined up for that Lie and looked what happened: in the end they WERE just meaningless coincidences. The real banner glitch where Isaac was placed on the fake banner, the horrible approach Gameexplain took to the Fake (seriously, I think their craptacular judgement on it is what really cemented it as being real to people), the Grinch movie, the sprout item leaked earlier that looked like something from Golden Sun, Ken already being leaked, the exceptionally long Direct time at a time where there wasn't much left to discuss in the game, the Fake having things line up too well to properly explain. All that looked like SOMETHING would at least damage Box Theory.

Nope. None of the above mattered. Every single thing that looked like a step in the right direction literally meant nothing. Things never even moved a single step when we thought things were progressing so far. Everything was a crappy luck coincidence.

So when I keep seeing people talk about all these non concrete proof of things in Geno's favor, I fear it will just happen again and we will get burned.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
VOICE theory now, huh? At least one of these alleycats has two voice slots, is that it? So the theory goes anyway?

I'm pickin Monster Hunter. With a male/female alt. I just can't quite shake the whole thing away. I know what people have said regarding the Rathalos in base game or the devs saying this or that but... I JUST can't shake it that maybe those old Mii costumes have been upgraded to character, complete with male and female versions.

What this DOES tell us however is actually rather simple: Either Geno has a voice or he's (most likely) not a character. 5 voices, 4 slots. Either Geno's one of em or he's not and if he IS, he's gotta have a voice. Get used to "Talkin' Geno, press my hand to hear me talk. TRY ME" if he's in here.

I for one kinda sorta wish Geno to have this Peter Griffin, Moe from Three Stooges real nasally street man type voice, just COMPLETELY change how people might look at the character. "Let's get this show on the road", I can already hear Moe say it hahaha. Or like that guy in old King Kong who's all "a prehistoric BEAST". Complete with the tinny, echoey "old time radio" audio because it'd be coming out of the toy, not the nonexistent vocal chords

Last edited:

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
Somebody keeps spreading misinformation then.
No, nothing was found within the games files, it is a OCD theory based off of what happened last time with FPV1.

It's a theory with little bases that really shouldn't be taken as seriously as it is.
Are there actual spots in the files like there were with stages and characters? And if there are, do you guys think some of these could just be placeholder spots? Im hoping for an outcome that can include Geno ^_^

I couldn't see him with a voice, or at least in game. Id love to hear him with a voice but i'm not sure how likely it would be for them to do voice acting for him.

How cool would it be if he announces his attacks though, that would be amazing.

D

Deleted member

If the Grinch gives us Ken, Banjo, and Geno, let’s thank him shall we? Maybe Isaac for the next game since I’m doubtful for Ultimate?

Last edited by a moderator:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
You know Isaac really works perfectly for this voice theory too. He has an Adult form and there's other Golden Sun protagonists like Felix and Matthew

Just alt swaps in general really. I would LOVE if Hayabusa came with a Kasumi/Ayane alt in addition to Modern and Retro, but I really don't think that's too likely.

And then there's the idea that Modern Hayabusa and Retro Hayabusa make different sounds, which I find far LESS likely

Last edited:

novazvezda

Smash Cadet
Tbf, when I first saw the leak that shall not be named (Grinch), I went crazy just like a lot of people. Then I realized over time that there were many things that didn't line up.

For one, Sakurai said there wouldn't be that many newcomers and he said that they revealed way too much stuff in the August Direct. I highly doubt that in the final direct, he would flip the script, show all the Grinch leak fighters, then say, "I was just kidding guys. haha funny meme jk".

Second, is the way this leak was set up. There was promotional material in the background for the Grinch movie, which was how people found some company responsible for making said material. Then, the internet detectives found a possible name of the person who might've done the leak and I don't even remember where it went from there. Apologies for my upfront language here, but how oblivious does one have to be to expose clues about where the photo was taken? There is a reason the Cacomallow leak and the Ken leak showed nothing but the TV/game.

Third, we all know what happened to the ESRB leaker. iirc the leaker was blacklisted from the industry and probably had to kiss the Nintendo lawyers on the cheek in the courtroom. Now why would somebody make a leak of that same caliber if they knew what was coming? There are reasons why insiders and leakers share sparse information and hint at a lot of things. Plus, there is rarely ever any plausible visual leak minus the Cacomallow and Ken leaks because that is a huge giveaway to the leaker in Nintendo's red eyes. Nintendo heavily watches who has access to their inside stuff. If the person who did the Cacomallow leak faked it, maybe they would've outed themselves by now. If that leak is real, they wouldn't out themselves (which they haven't rn and probably never will, if real).

So yeah, I kinda had a feeling the leak was fake, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Looking back now, it's kinda obvious for me why it's fake.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Tbf, when I first saw the leak that shall not be named (Grinch), I went crazy just like a lot of people. Then I realized over time that there were many things that didn't line up.

For one, Sakurai said there wouldn't be that many newcomers and he said that they revealed way too much stuff in the August Direct. I highly doubt that in the final direct, he would flip the script, show all the Grinch leak fighters, then say, "I was just kidding guys. haha funny meme jk".

Second, is the way this leak was set up. There was promotional material in the background for the Grinch movie, which was how people found some company responsible for making said material. Then, the internet detectives found a possible name of the person who might've done the leak and I don't even remember where it went from there. Apologies for my upfront language here, but how oblivious does one have to be to expose clues about where the photo was taken? There is a reason the Cacomallow leak and the Ken leak showed nothing but the TV/game.

Third, we all know what happened to the ESRB leaker. iirc the leaker was blacklisted from the industry and probably had to kiss the Nintendo lawyers on the cheek in the courtroom. Now why would somebody make a leak of that same caliber if they knew what was coming? There are reasons why insiders and leakers share sparse information and hint at a lot of things. Plus, there is rarely ever any plausible visual leak minus the Cacomallow and Ken leaks because that is a huge giveaway to the leaker in Nintendo's red eyes. Nintendo heavily watches who has access to their inside stuff. If the person who did the Cacomallow leak faked it, maybe they would've outed themselves by now. If that leak is real, they wouldn't out themselves (which they haven't rn and probably never will, if real).

So yeah, I kinda had a feeling the leak was fake, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Looking back now, it's kinda obvious for me why it's fake.
I didn't think it was fake at the time because I was adamant that Geno and Banjo were in, even though I wanted Incineroar even before Vergeben mentioned it. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Hmm, no Nintendo Direct Mini | Partner Showcase announcement yet. They could as well make it tomorrow for Thursday but... the new Pokémon Sword/Shield Crown Tundra DLC expansion's coming out on that day and, I doubt they'd slip a Direct Mini on the same day. If no announcement drops around midnight, I guess the October Partner Showcase might be sometime next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom