• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Well if Geno make it in this FP2 who will you support next? I mean since Banjo and Kazooie are in it seems the fans now support conker same with the K. K. R. Fans Now they support Dixie.
It really depends. Back before King K. Rool, their was five characters I actively supported for the game. Those being him, Banjo, Crash, Geno and Waluigi. After King K. Rool got in, my most wanted list was down to four, and then down to three once Banjo got included. If Geno gets included before Crash or Waluigi, then I will continue my support for Crash [And Waluigi for the next game]. If Geno is the last one to get in out of my current three most wanteds, however, then I probably won't have any other character to support, and I may even take a long break from speculation.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
It's ridiculous because people shouldn't ignore something because it's a product before their time. People who only play Retro games or only play new games are missing out on great games from either side.
Yeah I mean K. Rool was like the biggest bad guy in the 90’s, and he will always be DK’s arch enemy. Just as an example right there. I wouldn’t even know what an RPG was had it not been for Geno and the game he comes from.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It really depends. Back before King K. Rool, their was five characters I actively supported for the game. Those being him, Banjo, Crash, Geno and Waluigi. After King K. Rool got in, my most wanted list was down to four, and then down to three once Banjo got included. If Geno gets included before Crash or Waluigi, then I will continue my support for Crash [And Waluigi for the next game]. If Geno is the last one to get in out of my current three most wanteds, however, then I probably won't have any other character to support, and I may even take a long break from speculation.
Before Ultimate, my top 5 most wanted was Goemon, K. Rool, Ridley, Banjo & Kazooie, and Krystal. Ultimate gave me 3 of them and now Goemon and Krystal are my only big requests left. One is already a Mii costume and the other is Assist Trophy so I probably won't get them until next game or after and I don't mind as Ultimate has granted so many of my requests already. Hopefully, Geno get's in so Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's long *** journey is finally over.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
In theory, I would be ok with a Pokemon rep but, like others were saying, it depends on which Pokemon. At least Pokemon is a game I actually give a rat's behind about. Unfortunately, the Galar starters don't do much for me especially Rillaboom which has a relatively nice design ruined by drum sticks and a drum that have no place in it's design and make no sense whatsoever and are just unnatural and...yeah yuck no thank you I could keep going about how they ruined this Pokemon's potential. Kubfu is straight up ugly but Urfishu is tolerable design-wise but has no interesting moveset potential. The new weird deer-looking legendary from Crown Tundra is a really awesome design imo but I'm not sure how they would play. The regional variants of the legendary birds as like a trio fighter would actually be really sick. Toxtricity would be my preference since it has a decent design and has very interesting moveset potential. Sirfetch'd also has a lot of moveset potential and seems pretty popular. Other Pokemon that are less popular that I would love from gen 8 are Falinks, Cramorant, Cursola, and Runerigus and I think they'd all be interesting enough. Also, I wouldn't really be ok with a Pokemon rep because these passes have already been meh for me and they wouldn't choose the Pokemon I would really want and I need Geno and there's other characters I really want like Crash and Rayman.

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
You're not wrong. Mainly zoomers who didn't grow up with the classics and have zero attachments towards most of the Retro games before their time hate or disrespect the old timey characters like K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, Geno, Crash, ect the most.
Same some millenials that don't played games at time and sadly don't know them.

My top three are Midna, Geno and Dixie. So I will be supporting them until they get in... Sadly Midna have low chances but who knows. And if they make it I'll support Alucard or Morrigan

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Even if I liked Gen 8 (which I don't, and I'm still annoyed people choose to focus on something as stupid as Dexit over the actual issues the game has) I still don't want a Pokemon. It's boring, predictable, safe, it's everything I don't want in a Smash character. Seriously, as far as we know, we only have 4 characters left. I know people say "well we already have like 80 characters in the game so who cares who else they put in" while I'm at the exact opposite end. This is the largest crossover in Gaming history, the ULTIMATE Smash game that will likely never happen again, take advantage of it. Either go big with absolutely insane choices like Steve, Master Chief, Doomguy, or Sora, or round out the fan-picks with characters like Geno, Isaac, or Bandana Dee. I've been over this before that while you can't please everyone, you can make choices that please WAY more people than others, and with Smash it honestly isn't really that hard to make a plausible list of characters that the majority of people would like.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Even if I liked Gen 8 (which I don't, and I'm still annoyed people choose to focus on something as stupid as Dexit over the actual issues the game has) I still don't want a Pokemon. It's boring, predictable, safe, it's everything I don't want in a Smash character. Seriously, as far as we know, we only have 4 characters left. I know people say "well we already have like 80 characters in the game so who cares who else they put in" while I'm at the exact opposite end. This is the largest crossover in Gaming history, the ULTIMATE Smash game that will likely never happen again, take advantage of it. Either go big with absolutely insane choices like Steve, Master Chief, Doomguy, or Sora, or round out the fan-picks with characters like Geno, Isaac, or Bandana Dee. I've been over this before that while you can't please everyone, you can make choices that please WAY more people than others, and with Smash it honestly isn't really that hard to make a plausible list of characters that the majority of people would like.
That's basically where I'm at with Ultimate too. You can count the really big fanbases that have existed as far back as Melee on one hand now and Ultimate has a decent shot of knocking most of them out so why not do it? Getting in someone like Geno would shut up one of the remaining Boomer fanbases that hangs around like ghosts with unfinished business so future games can focus on younger picks.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
View attachment 289534
My current predictions for FPV2.
The last slot has 4 characters battling it out, all of these characters have stuff going for them, so really, it can be any of them.

Mine aren't so different.

Overall my predictions are:

Geno or Crono
Hayabusa or some other Nintendo character
Crash or Spyro
Porky or Capcom (Monster Hunter, Phoenix Wrong being the two that stand out to me, would LOVE Chun-li).

If I HAD to pick based on WANT:
Geno, Hayabusa, Spyro and Porky.

Same some millenials that don't played games at time and sadly don't know them.

My top three are Midna, Geno and Dixie. So I will be supporting them until they get in... Sadly Midna have low chances but who knows. And if they make it I'll support Alucard or Morrigan
THANK YOU for using the word "millennials" from the bottom of my mechanical heart THANK YOU. I've had people use the word "boomer" to describe people from the 80s and 90s and describe Banjo-Kazooie as "a boomer character". A REAL boomer character would be like... Charlie Brown, Scooby-Doo, Snidely Whiplash, Speed Racer, Ultraman, etc. The word "Boomer" to describe millennials or millenial things never fails to get under my skin, especially since so often it is expressly used to do just that. Like... "boomer" are people from the 60s, a boss from Mario RPG, the "Mad Machine" (that's a reference) robots from Bubblegum Crisis, and occasionally a dog name. It's not people born in the 80s or 90s. Most actual boomers I know just call all video games "Nintendos" and call Pokemon "Pokey Man" like "ya got any of them Pokey Man cards?" "oh they like to play Mary-O on their Nintendo or whatever it is".

Thank you. Invisible high five/acceptable token of appreciation.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I can understand that. Predictable and safe are definitely good ways to describe it as they are pretty common (at least among those who aren't doing whatever it takes to not consider it as a possibility due to unhypeness etc and trying to stay to one positive narrative). Even I'll admit that someone like Dante would be better on the premise of the game being Ultimate.

Pokemon is pretty well represented and we obviously already have Galar content through the spirits so something completely missing like Ace Attorney or something would be much better especially considering it has the fan support and such and Geno too if we consider the only Super Mario RPG content being Mallow aside from himself. But personally not writing off the possibility yet. I'd still say pretty likely in fact

novazvezda

Smash Cadet
I guess it's prediction time.

• Geno
  • Another western character
  • Something something Capcom something something
  • Waluigi

Geno: Why am I here and why did I just make a new account? The evidence for Geno is astounding and the journey over the past year on this thread since I've lurked is also astounding. I'm not gonna mention why I think Geno's in specifically because I feel like this now almost 3500 page thread is enough to show the case. Check out "The List" if any outsiders need more clarification.

Western Character: I'll admit that this is a very safe spot. Maybe too safe. Doom Guy, Crash, Master Chief. I don't think there will be more western characters than Banjo, Steve, and somebody else. All 3 characters have fair game when it comes to this spot.

Crash is a worldwide icon and was "leaked" by an internal document. Plus, he's on top of many people's "About Time" lists.

Doom Guy is possible given the Vault Boy Mii Costume. I feel the costume doesn't completely diminish the Slayer's chances because maybe they had to bring over a Bethesda costume to patch an open slot in Min Min's wave.

Master Chief is Mr. Xbox. That alone gives him top tier placement among gaming icons. My dang mom knows who he is because my big bro would talk about him all the time back when Halo invaded the households. Him and Doom Guy aren't just "Mr. McShooters" as they have plenty more powers in their arsenal. Plus, Microsoft's relationship with Nintendo is very noteworthy to say the least. The two companies are better friends than two dads at a BBQ, if that even makes sense.

Capcom: Dante. Phoenix. One of them is getting in. Monster Hunter is out cuz Byleth stole their weapons and Rathalos was too impatient, so they just showed up for base game. Sorry, but if Monster Hunter gets in Fighter Pass 2, I pledge to make my profile a picture of Ronald McDonald until 2 months after their release. Dante has a better shot for the spot since his game is more tailored for combat. Phoenix still has a chance, but Sakurai needs to write like a billion drafts to figure out what his moveset would be. No, they can't take from MvC3 because that moveset favored that style of fighting. Smash is a different board game. I personally want Phoenix more, but a chance is a chance at the end of the day.

Waluigi: I'm gonna say point-blank that the remaining 4 spots of the pass are probably the dead last of the entire game, period. If there's some kind of special character that serves as a final "Thank you" to the fans, it would be a character that people thought would never make it into Ultimate. Let's turn our heads to assist trophies. After Min Min displayed an absolutely beautiful example of why fan rules should never be considered "rules rules", the masses have focused their judgment on assists. Bomberman got the final slap on the booty with Steve, so they're out. The only 2 that stand out to people are Waluigi and Isaac. Who's getting in? I think it's Waluigi. Sorry, Isaac fans, I support y'all and I see y'all 100%, but I think Isaac just barely missed the train to Smashtown this time around. Waluigi was the one character that people from around the world were so saddened to see as an assist. iirc Isaac never really struck a big chord with Japanese fans, but I could be lying to myself. Waluigi universally scores higher on people's want lists.

At the end of the day, these predictions could just go in the trash after all is said and done, but this is how I see the speculation meta. Anybody agree or disagree?

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Fall 2021

As the planets begin to align, dark holes appear one after another dangerously close to the Solar system's interior, Sakurai is about to reveal Challenger Pack #11 of the Fighters Pass Vol. 2.

Sakurai: "Hello, I am Masahiro Sakurai and today I will be revealing to you all the final character to join Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as part of the Fighters Pass Vol. 2. Boy has this been quite the ride! Back when we were working on the base game, we had already managed to select all of the returning and new characters that would be added to the game. I always thought that the idea of DLC characters would certainly repeat itself in this iteration, although I had mixed feelings about it. It is always a treat and a great achievement to bring in new worlds and franchises to the world of Super Smash Bros., and see the reactions of fans when said characters are revealed but also, it is often times quite the daunting task to make all of this happen.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate truly has been a journey in many aspects, both for me and for many of the staff. We've brought so many iconic characters that some thought could not be possible! From the challengers included in the first Fighters Pass such as Banjo & Kazooie, and Terry Bogard, to Vol. 2's Steve, and [insert Challenger Pack #8-10 name here], it would seem like quite the impossible task to bring the stream of additional content for the game to a grand close. Personally I thought it wouldn't be possible, however, due to Smash's success we were able to make possible the addition of a certain character that I'm sure many will be blown away. Are you all ready? Here it is, the last fighter to join Smash as part of Challenger Pack #11."

screen fades to black
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate logo pops up
Old video game cartoon shows begin to play: The Super Mario Bros. Super Show; The Legend of Zelda; Sonic the Hedgehog; then the screen fades to black, soon after fading back to a clip of an old Mickey Mouse cartoon; Steamboat Willie.
Clips of various Mickey Mouse cartoons continue playing; showing the history of the character throughout the years.
Clips of some Mickey Mouse video games are then shown, such as Mickey Mouse's Magic Quest, and the later entries of Epic Mickey.
The screen then fades to black, and once again it fades back showing a new stage; The Magic Kingdom
Mickey Mouse walks onto the stage alongside Mario and both taunt; followed by a close up to Mickey, showing his character splash screen.

As this reveal is shown to the World, the Internet the world over crashes.

HUH?!?! WHU, WHA, What happened?!?! Oh, it was all just a dream? Huh. Dang... the Mickey reveal was pretty awesome, but the Internet crashing all over the world was not fun.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
If we're sharing our predictions, here's what I'm currently predicting.

1. Geno - Mii costume is still missing, not to mention all of the evidence pointing toward him (Cacomallow could still be real, the Gamestop slip-up, etc). Large popularity as well.
2. Namco Character (Lloyd possbily?) - I'd be surprised if Namco Bandai didn't get another rep when all of this is said and done. I thought it would've been Heihachi, but he got costume'd. Lloyd's costume hasn't returned yet, so its possible he could appear.
3. Ryu Hayabusa or Crash - I'm tied on this one. I think both are very likely and I can't choose just one. Activision and Koei Techmo are in good standing with Nintendo so hey, lets see what goes down.
4. Waluigi - If we really aren't getting any more DLC after this, I really think Waluigi will be one of the last if not the last fighter added. Nintendo is well aware of his popularity and how much he's wanted.

Honorable mentions:
1. Rex & Pyra - I feel like Sakurai may add them since Rex was supposed to be in the base game. We'll see.
2. Capcom Character - I think a Capcom rep is very likely. If I had to choose, I'd say Dante. Phoenix is also possible, but It'd also be cool if Chun-Li got in.
3. Master Chief or Doom Guy - I don't know how likely Chief is now due to Steve. Definitely could be the Game Awards reveal, but two Microsoft reps in a row? As much as I want the Chief I just can't see that happening, unless he's the final fighter in the pass, maybe. Doom Guy could still happen as well, I just don't know if he'll happen. Theirs also the possibility he's apart of the Cacomallow leak and he's a deluxe mii or his own full fighter, but we'll have to wait and see.
4. Pokemon Rep - As many have already said in this thread, I think this is very unlikely at this point. I feel like this would have happened already, unless for whatever reason its being held off as fighter 8-11. Personally? I'd want Raichu as a Pikachu echo and bring in Decidueye as a fighter. Realistically? It would probably be Rillaboom or Cinderace.

Also wanna predict some deluxe mii costumes I think we could get in the future:
1. Shovel Knight
2. Cadence
3. Hollow Knight
4. Frisk or Kris
5. Freddy Fazbear

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Since we're going over our predictions, I'll repost mine:
Also, I'd like to showcase my most recent predictions for the remained of Vol. 2:
FPVol2October.png

Steve and Alex were confirmed. I had them on my second of my July predictions, so it's kind of neat that they actually ended up making it in. Master Chief and Crash have been omitted. For Chief, barring some sort of miracle, I think he's most likely not happening at this point. Maybe as a Mii Costume, but otherwise no. Crash has also been omitted since, while he is popular and relevant, I think Steve already fills this archetype well enough. As for the ones I do still have on here, not much as really changed. Geno's Mii Costume is still M.I.A., as is Lloyd's, Rex is still likely considering the precedent set by Min Min, and Waluigi would still be an amazing finisher for this pass.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If we're talking predictions, I've already posted mine elsewhere, but why not?

Admittedly, I feel like Monster Hunter's about as likely as Dante, and Impa could be another Nintendo character; I just figure that the rest of the Fighters Pass won't be entirely third party. (with Impa, it helps that next year's Zelda's 35th anniversary, she's pretty much the only major Zelda character outside of the Triforce Trio who isn't an assist trophy, and Age of Calamity seems to be making her fairly prominent)

Geno: I'm guessing that Steve and CP8 were intended for an E3 reveal before the schedule was messed up, and Geno fits the pattern of E3 ending on long-awaited fan favourites. (Ridley, Banjo) I could potentially see a reveal early on in November if the Nintendo online open tournament is any indication (seeing as Min Min was announced the day after the first one of those tournaments), and he'd be released before the Mario tournament, whenever that's going to be. (I don't know if we've gotten anything specific beyond "November or December")

As for why he's likely, twenty-plus years of consistent fan demand seems to help. Square-Enix has been cooperating more than they were with Smash 4, their flagship franchises are already in the game (meaning that there's no clear front-runner), the unusually absent Mii costume (mind you, Mii costumes from Smash 4 can still be revealed at this point, but you'd think that they'd have revealed it with Hero) and there's no way that anyone involved is unaware of the character's popularity among Smash fans. (on top of the Mario tournament's unusually vague release window, coupled with the Smash online open creating the possibility of an early November reveal, along with this year being the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. - those could all be coincidences, though)

Dante: I feel like this could go either way between Dante or Monster Hunter (Phoenix Wright also seems like a possibility), but between a comment by Hideaki Itsuno (which was followed by a DMC1 Switch port being announced about two months later), Kamiya putting out a Twitter poll about who people wanted to see in Smash and then deleting it (he had to know what he was getting into with that, given his previous reactions to demanding Smash fans), and a later comment that implied that he already has a second character in Smash, I feel like his chances are decent. Devil May Cry seems to be on the rise as of late - maybe not as much as Monster Hunter (which has a movie coming out and got a popularity explosion from Monster Hunter World), but enough that Dante seems like a strong possibility.

Ryu Hayabusa: Koei-Tecmo seems like the last big Japanese third party developer that doesn't have a playable character in Smash. Ninja Gaiden's got a history stretching back to the NES days and two very different types of gameplay between the classic and modern games (much like with Castlevania, it seems like there's a lot that the developers could do with that), and Koei-Tecmo's close enough to Nintendo that they worked on a main Fire Emblem game and a spin-off that's the canonical backstory for Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I'd be surprised if Ryu Hayabusa didn't make it in, to be honest. (and I have basically no experience with the series - I've only beaten my first Ninja Gaiden game very recently)

Impa: by the time that this Fighters Pass is done, it will be twenty years since a new unique playable Zelda character was added to Smash. Twenty years. Between that and next year being Zelda's thirty-fifth anniversary, a new Zelda character seems long overdue. I don't know if they'd go with Impa based on Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, Hyrule Warriors, or Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, but if we rule out assist trophies, she seems pretty likely if we do get a new Zelda character. As an alternative, I could see us getting Bandanna Waddle Dee, Dixie Kong, a Xenoblade character (Rex? Elma? Fiora?), a new Pokemon, or a Fire Emblem character from a game that hasn't been announced yet, but I figure that we're going to get another Nintendo character.

I'm not sure about the specific order, though I'm guessing (hoping?) that Geno is CP8, and after Bayonetta, I figure the developers are well aware that characters from action games will need a lot of time to balance properly, so I'd guess that Impa (or whoever the Nintendo character winds up being, if we get another one) will be at the end.

Honourable mentions go to a Namco-Bandai character (they seem oddly hesitant to include their own characters for whatever reason; you'd think that we'd have a Tekken character by now, bare minimum), Crash Bandicoot, and Rayman. (I don't think the entire Fighters Pass beyond Min Min is going to be third party)

Last edited:

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
The Gamestop video where Geno being in Smash was written in to the script is still so weird to me. I guess I can SEE it being a mistake, but it's just so strange that something THAT specific was written about a spirit, when Mallow's in the game as well.

If Geno is CP8 then I wouldn't be surprised if some companies got that information for marketing purposes and they forgot to fix the script before recording. If he's not CP8, then Gamestop is terrible at proofreading lmao one of the two

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The Gamestop video where Geno being in Smash was written in to the script is still so weird to me. I guess I can SEE it being a mistake, but it's just so strange that something THAT specific was written about a spirit, when Mallow's in the game as well.

If Geno is CP8 then I wouldn't be surprised if some companies got that information for marketing purposes and they forgot to fix the script before recording. If he's not CP8, then Gamestop is terrible at proofreading lmao one of the two
For them not mentioning Mallow, Geno clearly gets more attention from the Smash fandom than Mallow does. It just seems like a poorly worded/scripted sentence on their part, rather than a hint; it's not like the GameStop videos got a ton of attention before that, so I don't know how concerned they'd be with how one poorly-worded sentence could cause people to go into a speculation frenzy. (I think the video with that comment about Geno had more views than the 30 most recent videos on the channel at the time, combined)

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
The only noteworthy Ryu thing to come out recently is the Ninja Gaiden collection rating.
I feel like Ryu could be that Mega Man or Simon-tier character, where he isn't relevant at all, but he was included simply for his history on the NES, considering he is probably the last remaining big icon of the NES.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
For them not mentioning Mallow, Geno clearly gets more attention from the Smash fandom than Mallow does. It just seems like a poorly worded/scripted sentence on their part, rather than a hint; it's not like the GameStop videos got a ton of attention before that, so I don't know how concerned they'd be with how one poorly-worded sentence could cause people to go into a speculation frenzy. (I think the video with that comment about Geno had more views than the 30 most recent videos on the channel at the time, combined)
Yeah, good point. IDK I'm bored and just ready for more Smash news I feel like as time goes on less and less speculation worthy content has come up lol

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
If a new Pokemon rep somehow rose from the underworld to get into this pass, it would most certainly be from Galar since Fatmanonice stated, Pokemon is as stingy as a hive of Beedrills. It has to be from the new game. I'm thinking that it wouldn't be Urshifu or Toxtricity because the starters are always the forefront of the Pokemon games. I think the only reason Lucario got in was due to his exceptionally massive popularity if I'm not mistaken. There is that popularity poll for Pokemon Day, but I honestly think that was just for fun and so Pokemon would see where their marketing could hit the hardest. I don't think Cinderace is in because they would be very similar to Incineroar and every DLC fighter has been pretty unique so far. Rillaboom is a maybe. I don't see how they would move around with that big drum they have. Though, they do have interesting moveset potential. Inteleon is no way in any shape or form gonna be picked because they would be similar to Greninja and they have no distinct mechanic.

TLDR: I believe that if a SWSH rep happened, it's Rillaboom or bust. Let me be clear that it's a huge if. I think the timing is too far gone.
🤨 How would Cinderace be very similar to Incineroar, other than being a Fire-type starter that most people (other than myself) don't want? Incineroar is a slow-as-molasses grappler who thrives on getting good Revenge boosts/making good reads. Cinderace would be an extremely quick fighter with Pyro Ball as its projectile taking center stage in its kit. We don't have a Fire-type who is a nimble rushdown, only two super heavyweights who lack a projectile (other than Flamethrower, but it's up to opinion whether one would consider Flamethrower a projectile or not). While both Pokemon partake in sports, wrestling is not similar to soccer in the slightest. Granted, I don't think we need a fast rushdown Fire-type Pokemon. I just don't see how Cinderace would be all that similar to Incineroar.

I should probably also mention that I'd rather get Rillaboom, Dragalpult, or Toxtricity for a gen 8 rep. And they're looking pretty unlikely, but I wouldn't count gen 8 out completely because you never know when it comes to Smash.

D

Deleted member

These predictions seem kinda similar to one another. I think Geno and Crash might make it. I believe there will be like a character or 2 that a lot of people don’t really seem to talk about that much.

Here are some contenders:

Nightmare/Siegfied - SoulCalibur is a successful fighting game series with a good following. Siegfied is the protagonist and Nightmare the villain and also seemed a huge face of the series.

Sol Badguy - ArcSystems is a major Japanese company left not to have a rep. Guilty Gear doesn’t seem to be as popular in the West but Japan it is. It has also gained a cult following.

Euden - Dragalia Lost is a Nintendo IP that hasn’t gotten any content in Smash yet that I feel that it might be a dark horse. This game has grossed 50 million US dollars and surpassed 300,000 registrations in Japan and no stranger to crossovers with Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, and Mega Man.

Nihon Falcom Rep - Nihon Falcom is another major Japanese company that doesn’t have a rep. The company is known for their excellent RPGs like Ys and The Action of Heroes. The company is credited for pioneering Action RPGs, JRPG industry, and Japan computer software. Adol Christian to represent Ys. He fits as the “literal who” rep as people would be upset for another generic anime looking swordsman.

Last edited by a moderator:

novazvezda

Smash Cadet
🤨 How would Cinderace be very similar to Incineroar, other than being a Fire-type starter that most people (other than myself) don't want? Incineroar is a slow-as-molasses grappler who thrives on getting good Revenge boosts/making good reads. Cinderace would be an extremely quick fighter with Pyro Ball as its projectile taking center stage in its kit. We don't have a Fire-type who is a nimble rushdown, only two super heavyweights who lack a projectile (other than Flamethrower, but it's up to opinion whether one would consider Flamethrower a projectile or not). While both Pokemon partake in sports, wrestling is not similar to soccer in the slightest. Granted, I don't think we need a fast rushdown Fire-type Pokemon. I just don't see how Cinderace would be all that similar to Incineroar.

I should probably also mention that I'd rather get Rillaboom, Dragalpult, or Toxtricity for a gen 8 rep. And they're looking pretty unlikely, but I wouldn't count gen 8 out completely because you never know when it comes to Smash.
Thanks for the argument! Maybe Cinderace isn't as similar to Incineroar as I envisioned, but there are some similarities. For one, even if both Pokemon come from different sports, both fighters have a sporty personality with them often displaying taunts and other poses. You should also note that they're both Fire type like you just said. Maybe Sakurai would consider that double dipping. Idk, but I agree with you in that they would have different play styles. Though, I still stand by my original stance that I think Cinderace is not a likely candidate. It's hard to put into words, but looking at Cinderace first glance would bear striking resemblance to Incineroar to the uninformed player apart from the obvious change of pace. Why would I pay for a fighter that looks kinda similar to Incineroar, a fighter I can unlock in base game? They're not very similar, but I guess similar enough.

May I also add I just noticed you main Incineroar. I guess you caught onto my argument and instinctively made defenses? lol

Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220

Geno's absolutely in, but you're giving GameStop way too much credit. It was definitely poor research that came around to bite them after they made the video.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I mean I've made my predictions clear before, I think Geno, Dante/Monster Hunter, and Crash are extremely likely but have no solid 4th pick.

I think Ubisoft and Bethesda reps are out with their respective Mii Costumes, Bandai Namco is less likely with every costume that comes back with Lloyd hanging by a thread, I really don't think Nintendo is interested in adding Hayabusa at this point given what characters we've seen them choose for DLC so far, Chief is a looooong shot now that Steve is in, Sol is probably getting costumed and Waluigi is...Waluigi. At this rate I feel like it's either a complete curveball or some kind of first-party shill pick. But would they end on that? Well Byleth says yes but they seemingly decided to do a few bonus characters pretty early after they realized Ultimate sold so well. Even Smash 4 chose to end on a literal ballot winner in Bayonetta. It's a frustrating conundrum to me.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Geno's absolutely in, but you're giving GameStop way too much credit. It was definitely poor research that came around to bite them after they made the video.
If it was almost anyone other than GameStop that made this slipup I would have taken it as the next best thing to a full confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom