• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
Well that at least explains the long wait, Sakurai claimed that despite being fairly easy to implement modelwise and voicewise, steve took forever to program because his mechanics needed to be tailored to each individual stage. Looks like he is coming out later this month.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Well that was an interesting turn of events. Congratulations to his/her fans.

Cant tag people but I know CJBrine is excited!

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Well, the fact we're getting the presentation for Steve and Alex on Saturday means we'll know the Mii Fighter costumes and maybe if there's any truth to Cacomallow. Don't lose hope just yet guys
Since Microsoft recently acquired ZeniMax (which includes Bethesda and Id Software), albeit the deal was made public recently, if it somehow does have an effect on the distribution of Mii Costumes,... if the Cacodemon hat is among Steve's accompanying costumes, and it looks IDENTICAL to the one that appeared in the CacoMallow leak, then it might be a soft confirm that Geno is actually coming. Hopefully.

link2702

Smash Champion
all the "leakers" can go **** themselves.

Even though I love minecraft, I did not want steve in smash at all. And to say i'm pissed because like so many others I put some faith in those leakers would be an understatement.

From this day forward I'd recommend every and anyone who tries to post any "leaks" be immediately banned For a day. We all were led on for months to get our hopes up, and this was the **** that happened. It's clear the supposed "leakers" are all full of **** and/or Nintendo is deliberately throwing around leak bait names just to **** with everyone. None of them have any actual inside information on smash. They might on other games, but Nintendo has ensured that the only way smash leaks happen now, are if they themselves screw up like they did terry.

D

Deleted member

Well, it wasn't Geno, but I'm happy for TheCJBrine TheCJBrine because they wanted Steve. He's like Mr. Game and Watch in a way. I also see that they took a Hero approach and also gave us Alex, a zombie and an enderman as alternate costumes. The Minecraft stage is also pretty cute. I'm not at all disappointed or upset by this.

Genome

Smash Cadet
Oh my god, I'm so so happy Steve is in. For me Steve in Smash was soured so badly by antagonistic Banjo haters and ugly fan models and I'm so happy he looks and plays the way he does. I could just feel the childhood Minecraft memories pouring out of the video the more I watched it. I can't wait, this is going to be the first DLC character I buy and I just know he's going to be awesome!

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Well, this isn’t what we were hoping for; nor is it a cool character in general. I’m sure many people will be happy with this, but to see just how underwhelming Steve is as a character, one would need to look no further than the fact his render is literally just a block man standing (...no interesting pose or item or whatnot) and the fact that Sakurai sounds like he implemented Steve with a gun to his head, aha. I hope the remaining picks are more to my liking, though I am happy for people who like this pick. I’d much rather have Doom guy, Master Chief, or Travis Touchdown in than Steve...it makes sense that the world’s best selling game would get a rep, however.

But, if anything, this confirms that companies can have multiple third party reps per Smash installment. Microsoft has two now, proving the rules people arbitrarily come up with are wrong. Square can have two or more.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Steve looks pretty neat! Congrats to CJBrine! I always liked the idea of Steve in Smash! Banjo got a pack but with no Microsoft costumes. We may definitely at least get a Square rep.

Last edited by a moderator:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So now that Steve is in and we have a 2nd Microsoft rep already in Pass 2, I think Chief is out. I don't see a company double dipping in the same pass. I believe Doom Slayer's chances just sky rocketed and so did CacoMallow's.

Reactions: QQS

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
As soon as I saw Mario getting wailed on, a million thoughts of how Geno could come into this came into my head.

And then I heard a spider sound.

I’m disappointed it wasn’t Geno since it really seemed like this would be the time to reveal him, but I’m still happy for everyone who wanted Steve.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's a weird turn of events because even this fanbase has been like "oh, Geno would never be the headliner of an E3" and yet, here we are, Master Chief dead in Miami and Steve was the Hero/Daisy of E3 2020. Good Lord... 77 would have been absolutely perfect but holy hell if Geno was supposed to be the BIG reveal of E3 2020...

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I do have to wonder if people who are excited versus not excited generally aligns with the generational divide...
Though I have a few millennial friends who are pumped about this, admittedly.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Remember guys, don't give up hope. When it's all said and done, Steve in Smash does not alter Geno's chances in any significant way. Honestly, I think it's even plausible that Steve and Geno were supposed to be the double reveal at E3 if this year didn't bomb. For whatever reason, Steve came first, but it's no big deal. We'll have to wait longer and that's that.

Now farewell.

change the world geno.png

D

Deleted member

Damn, son.

The memes from this are gonna be off the charts. Guess we're waiting for the E3 closer, hopefully they're a lot sooner than this agonizing wait was.

Also I'd like to say now that I was right about these characters having mechanics that Sakurai felt would end up taking forever to develop and balance, hence the 2021 estimate.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Nothing is assured, and the fact that NOBODY got Steve until JUST before is proof that Smash leaks are on lockdown hard.

HYPE. RESPONSIBLY.

View attachment 287725
**** OFF WITH YOUR HOLIER THAN THOU ATTITUDE MAN!

I don't care if this gets marked as flaming, your attitude is straight hot garbage. There is no reason to not be hype about this inclusion just because it's no Geno.

This thread will recover from this just like we have many a time before, and it's better to be hype and then be wrong then be a negative nancy like you and shove it in people's faces when you are right.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
all the "leakers" can go **** themselves.

Even though I love minecraft, I did not want steve in smash at all. And to say i'm pissed because like so many others I put some faith in those leakers would be an understatement.

From this day forward I'd recommend every and anyone who tries to post any "leaks" be immediately banned For a day. We all were led on for months to get our hopes up, and this was the ** that happened. It's clear the supposed "leakers" are all full of ** and/or Nintendo is deliberately throwing around leak bait names just to **** with everyone. None of them have any actual inside information on smash. They might on other games, but Nintendo has ensured that the only way smash leaks happen now, are if they themselves screw up like they did terry.
Some of you guys need to chill on the salt, wow. “Ban leaks because funny Minecraft man made me mad” is a hell of a hill to die on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom