• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heoj

Smash Ace
Hey guys I really hope this is formatted properly but this was posted a second ago and I’m not sure if it has a source?? Also Hi I’ve been chilling out on this thread for years but never made an account and probably won’t use this one again lmao
Just really anxious and needed to contribute
Someone from discord took that from a fanmade video, it aint legit.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Someone wanna deconfirm this with an actual source or evidence before I get my hopes up. It came from 4chan. The person who posted this said they took a quick screenshot of the smash trailer.

theres 2 more in the thread somewhere below where this came from but I don’t know if they were by the same person since it’s obviously 4chan.

Attachments

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Hey guys I really hope this is formatted properly but this was posted a second ago and I’m not sure if it has a source?? Also Hi I’ve been chilling out on this thread for years but never made an account and probably won’t use this one again lmao
GOD DAMN IT!

Nooooo everyone, it was a joke someone in star road did without our consent. Its just a screengrab from a cartoon short

Heoj

Smash Ace
Someone wanna deconfirm this with an actual source or evidence before I get my hopes up. It came from 4chan. The person who posted this said they took a quick screenshot of the smash trailer.

theres 2 more in the thread somewhere below where this came from but I don’t know if they were by the same person since it’s obviously 4chan.
I heard that theres a small shrek and donkey on the tope left of that pizza thing. Its definitely fake

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I don’t think this the same person who posted the original image. It’s from 4chan so it could be anyone who posted this.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I heard that theres a small shrek and donkey on the tope left of that pizza thing. Its definitely fake
it’s just speculation. You can barely make anything out of it in the top corner. People are grasping and just shouting their speculations.

Heoj

Smash Ace
it’s just speculation. You can barely make anything out of it in the top corner. People are grasping and just shouting their speculations.
wait yeh, sorry, im mistaken. the original doesnt have anything like that, i saw an edited version and just assumed. Tho it really doesnt make much of a difference, as its still likely fake

Heoj

Smash Ace
wait yeh, sorry, im mistaken. the original doesnt have anything like that, i saw an edited version and just assumed. Tho it really doesnt make much of a difference, as its still likely fake
Okay, nah this is confusing, the first image, the close up shot, doesnt have a hidden shrek, but the further away shot does have a shrek hidden. Sorry for making this a bit confusing

Heoj

Smash Ace
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyways on a more important note, sakurai tweeted this:
heres a google translated version of this

"Announced from 23:00. This time only the participation movie. However, it's much more interesting to watch it from a time when no one knows anything, rather than knowing it later! Think of it as a festival and watch it."

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1311607040062582784
You beat me to it, but yes, I can’t help but to feel that the upcoming character might be fan service from the festival part like some sort of celebration. You know who’s fan service? GENO. It is especially appropriate that 7 is most likely an E3 pick and E3 picks historically give fan service characters like Ridley and Banjo. Brace yourselves guys and gals.

Last edited by a moderator:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Anyways on a more important note, sakurai tweeted this:
heres a google translated version of this

"Announced from 23:00. This time only the participation movie. However, it's much more interesting to watch it from a time when no one knows anything, rather than knowing it later! Think of it as a festival and watch it."

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1311607040062582784
The tweet in question embedded here...
Certainly interesting that, whoever Fighter 7 is, they're not even getting a Sakurai Presents video. My guess is, either the character isn't complicated like Min Min is (which, depending on how you think Geno would play, might be a positive sign for his inclusion), or some really bad delays have happened resulting in not even a Sakurai Presents video being an option.

MashedPotatoUltimate

Smash Apprentice
I feel Geno is that fan service character if Push’s suspicions are correct

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
I feel Geno is that fan service character if Push’s suspicions are correct
星祭り?! Star Festival?!

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I stayed off the thread for most of the day (more for my mental health than anything else) but my hype is omnipresent. I first encountered Geno when I got SMRPG for my 6th birthday way back in 1996. I loved the character and the game and for years after I always wondered why those characters never showed up again. It was only maybe 2013 or so that I found out about the whole Square/Nintendo falling out and license issues regarding SMRPG. I'm not going to pretend that Geno was always my most wanted character for Smash. That place belonged to Megaman, Banjo-Kazooie, K. Rool, and Ridley for a very long time. But to be honest that was more due to the fact that I just assumed he never had a chance. I was completely oblivious to the support he got during the Brawl era probably because the internet was a very different place back then.

But the Geno costume in SSB4 and Sakurai's interview comments were a light of hope that's carried me through the last 3 years of speculation and hype. It's so surreal to think back and remember how much my life has changed these past several years posting in this thread and being hype for Geno. I've finished school, started my career, have gotten engaged, and now am a home owner since SSBU was first announced. My hype for Geno has been been in the background of all of those things waiting and hoping for the day when he'd be revealed. That entire time we have been the equal parts scapegoat and red headed step child of the Smash speculation community. This morning could be the absolute best case scenario or the worst for us. Whatever may come I do not regret the time I have spent here or being hype about Geno elsewhere on the internet. I love the character and the game he comes from. No matter what I will continue to hold out hope that Geno, Mallow, and all the other SMRPG characters can get their time in the sun once more.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Tbh I have said this before but if we are talking fan service Geno really is the next in line. Although other characters are popular and such, it seems the standard has been set for characters being that you need to be at least as popular as K. Rool, Ridley, BK etc to get the nod and one thing all those characters have or at least had in common is that they all had some major roadblock which people used to invalidate them but that only made them get more popular even if at one point it seemed like it was the least likely thing to occur in the world.

Characters like Waddle Dee, Dixie Kong and so on and so forth are heavily requested, yes but the reason they haven't peaked like the others is because at least subconsciously people know they will get in someday booned by prominence in their own series and such. The same can't really be said for Geno as we have no clue how he will be viewed by the guy who picks up the torch from Sakurai once Ultimate is said and done as it can't be denied that Geno isn't really comparable to the characters I just listed which is a boon in the fact that a character who has had an enduring fandom for the game since as early as 99 would get in the game that is built upon what would poetically be the premise of his inclusion.

The only character that I feel comes close to Geno is Isaac but I don't think he is level with him just yet. Here's hoping he gets announced in about 3 hours time

Rikarte

Smash Ace
This might be a good time for a little promise: If Geno does happen to get in I will upload a video of myself doing the Fortnite default dance while wearing his costume. Make sure to remember these words in the future in case it ever happens!
Now I don't wanna jinx it but guess what I've been practicing this morning :v

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I don't really care about being spoiled on who it is because by the time I get out of bed, I would've long missed the video (I assume it starts at 11AM EST) and there will be about a dozen reaction videos to it. All I know is that I will either wake up to mass celebrations or everything going to ****.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I once described the currently MIA Geno Mii Fighter costume as a ticking time bomb, since it didn't show up when they had the best chance to release it (Hero's Mii costume wave), nor did it show up when they had other opportunities (Banjo, Byleth, Min Min). Whether or not the time bomb would blow up with celebratory confetti or just pure destructive disappointment remained to be seen.

... I've no idea if Mii Fighter costumes are gonna be shown off (probably not), but I've got a feeling that the time bomb might finally go off.

EDIT: Improved translation from PushDustin...

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
We're still discussing the Mii Costume coming back?
The presentation is three minutes long and all it is is just the trailer and a message from Sakurai. They aren't even showing the next wave of costumes off. So weather or not the character is Geno, why is the Mii Costume a factor here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom