• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I'm seeing a lot of people leaving their final words before the reveal, so here is mine. All I can really say is let's just hope and pray that speculating through this long drought and coming to this thread everyday and supporting our star boi in Smash meant something. We have been through hell and back. Multiple deconfirmations, detractors destroying our dreams, our fear everytime we go through a new Mii Costume wave in fear Geno's Sm4sh costume might come back ect. We've been through it all. To think that all of this stuff may come to an end and that this may just be our last stop on our journey is so surreal to think about, and I may have a hard time trying to sleep tonight just thinking about this.

Anyways, I'll see you all tomorrow! Even if Geno isn't revealed tomorrow, he still has plenty of more chances to get in as either FP8, FP9, FP10 or even FP11. Never forget that we must never give up hope and let's ignore the detractors moving forward. Tomorrow may just be our victorious day, and I am excited to be here with all of you during it. I wish you all the best of luck and I seriously can't thank you all enough for tiding me over during the terrible state of the world that we're living in right now. I have so much respect for you all. <3

Much love,
Enigma735

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
If anyone would like to see, here are essentially my thoughts - supposing we are at the cusp of receiving something special tomorrow.

I initially joined the forum because of the now-infamous Grinch hoax that took the internet by storm for a little while prior to the final direct before release. Being involved in the discussion, sharing our hopes and our thoughts for the final roster; it was a pretty wild experience! Of course, I went quiet for a spell after it was determined that the information was, indeed, a hoax, but after a while, it was hard not to return to the thread to join the conversation once it was revealed that DLC was on the way.

And since then, it's been quite a journey. I've seen people come and go, but there were plenty of us that stayed the course and kept posting in the thread. Speculation has been fun, even if it has been tiresome over time, and it's been cool to share our interest in a character we all love, from a game we all love. If it wasn't for this thread, I probably would never have learned about Operation: Starfall, and would never have had a chance to contribute my own letter to the pile of wishes that eventually ended up at Nintendo. That's a pretty cool thing to have been included in, hands down.

I hope that we get our boi tomorrow. It'd be really neat. However, I think if the wild ride continues, I will have to take a breather from it and take my leave. I may post from time to time after that, but frankly, it is undeniable the amount of exhaustion that, surely, hasn't gone unnoticed by others like myself.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. May the wish come true! I will surely become a very happy toto indeed.

TexasToast

Smash Rookie
You know the more I think about it the more Geno is more and more likely to be revealed tommorrow, at least I hope. The fighters pass doesn’t have a pass seller and Geno will surely sell passes. So everyone get a good nights sleep were going to need it for tommorrow. Stay Strong everyone I know all our hard work will pay off soon.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Hi there, first time poster here, been lurking the thread since 2 or 3 days before Min Min's reveal. I've played the Mario RPGs for as long as I've had basic reading comprehension and I've supported Geno ever since I played his game and found out about all of the love and dedication of his fans.

Let's get this show on the road, motherfifers
Welcome to the thread! Geno hat:
Hat time.png

gzmee

Smash Apprentice
i dont think ive posted here since the pre-release wave of speculation was happening. maybe once or twice during the first wave of dlc but my memorys fuzzy
anyways the idea that all of this could finally come to a close tomorrow is weird to think about. ive spent two years of my life stringing red thread together because of this silly little puppet man and it fight finally pay off tomorrow
does anyone remember that sudden burst of hope banjo fans got right before e3 last year???? im reminded of that

Last edited:

Oppih

Smash Rookie
I don't believe I've ever introduced myself in this thread but I wanted to say that I've been following Geno speculation quite a lot for the past few years and would check in this thread often to see how people were doing. In fact it was probably THE thread I checked the most. Man, all the memories back in 2017, 2018, Grinch Leak, 7/7 theory, so many different eras and moments for Geno speculation. He always felt like one of the biggest "never-evers" and it legitimately will make Smash complete with his addition. It even motivated me to play Mario RPG earlier this year and made me an even bigger supporter for him. No matter what happens tomorrow, keep your heads up high and always remember that Geno is a PRETTY COOL DUDE!

LapidotShipper4Life

Smash Cadet
I’m off to sleep now guys! I will be around tomorrow before the reveal! But I want to say something to everyone, through the one day I was here actually here discussing and not lurking around like I was a year and a half ago, each and every single one of you here are amazing people and thank you so much for all of you for welcoming me in the Geno Thread!

For me personally I feel like Geno is indeed coming tomorrow and he’s a character I really want and so do many others around here! Tomorrow is gonna be an exciting day and we shall all celebrate when the announcement comes out! I’m sure that it will be beautiful and our wish will finally come true! It’s been an honor being here along the ride with you guys through all the fun times and now that we know tomorrow for sure is his likely day, it makes me so happy, we’ve thought many other days was it but tomorrow is definitely it! If only I joined in earlier but at least I get to discuss with you all before his likely return! It’s been fun and I know all of you are dedicated for Geno to join the battle, which for me, he’s awakening tomorrow! I‘m glad everyone that‘s been here since the beginning and new people alike can unite one final time before his grand day!:geno:Tomorrow the Legend returns! 🌟

MisterMike

Smash Champion
i dont think ive posted here since the pre-release wave of speculation was happening. maybe once or twice during the first wave of dlc but my memorys fuzzy
anyways the idea that all of this could finally come to a close tomorrow is weird to think about. ive spent two years of my life stringing red thread together because of this silly little puppet man and it fight finally pay off tomorrow
does anyone remember that sudden burst of hope banjo fans got right before e3 last year???? im reminded of that
I don't believe I've ever introduced myself in this thread but I wanted to say that I've been following Geno speculation quite a lot for the past few years and would check in this thread often to see how people were doing. In fact it was probably THE thread I checked the most. Man, all the memories back in 2017, 2018, Grinch Leak, 7/7 theory, so many different eras and moments for Geno speculation. He always felt like one of the biggest "never-evers" and it legitimately will make Smash complete with his addition. It even motivated me to play Mario RPG earlier this year and made me an even bigger supporter for him. No matter what happens tomorrow, keep your heads up high and always remember that Geno is a PRETTY COOL DUDE!
Welcome to the both of you! Some Geno hats for you lot:
Hat time.png
Hat time.png

Haha thanks I was waiting for that.

If anyone's up for it, could they please put the hat onto my pfp? Despite being 18 my grasp on technology is complete ass.
Gotchu, mate.
PeepoTSkeletonGeno.png

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
This was tweeted a few minutes ago. Something to take note in regards to tomorrow's presentation; while in the US and such (west) we'll be watching it during the day, in Japan fans will be tuning in at night. :denzel:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This was tweeted a few minutes ago. Something to take note in regards to tomorrow's presentation; while in the US and such (west) we'll be watching it during the day, in Japan fans will be tuning in at night. :denzel:
This has always been the case. The only time I remember there being any sort of “morning trailer” in Japan was the Little Mac trailer, Cloud trailer, Bayonetta/Corrin trailer (which was like 6 am lol), Isabelle trailer and the Nintendo Direct with Terry announcement and Banjo presentation. If I want to watch these trailers, I gotta stay up til 11 pm. I’m typically exhausted by 9 pm due to work and take care of my kids but Smash helps gets me hyped and awake. But then sometimes I’m too wired to actually fall asleep. Lately, all announcements and trailers have been at nighttime here. Same with Pokémon Directs.

Last edited:

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Sonic and Cloud were system sellers for me upon their inclusion. I begged my parents for a Wii for Christmas when Sonic was announced, and bought a Wii U + Smash the night Cloud was announced.

When they announced everyone was here, I bought a Switch. When Sonic was announced way back then I got on Geno’s Wild Speculation Ride. I hope tomorrow it’s finally over.

Last edited:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
I'm cautiosly optimistic for geno or crash. I dont really care for crash but he's also deserves being there and will be happy for those who want him.
I'm pretty sure I will cry if its geno.
He's the last of the never evers and one of the final childhood wishes that isn't in my hands to make happen.
I bet Sakurai will have us in for a surprise.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Hey everyone! Haven’t posted here in a few months, but I’ve been lurking about as of late. Just figured I’d add to the pile of people coming here to say good luck and I hope we see Geno! I really do think that he’s coming, specifically tomorrow. Especially with the evidence and potential hints thrown our way.

I’ll just end by saying that regardless of the outcome, it’s been wonderful to contribute to discussions with all of you, even when I wasn’t the most active sometimes. Geno is my 2nd most wanted (after Elma, of course) so seeing so many people come together to celebrate this awesome character is something that may not be replicated in Smash speculation ever again. So, while tomorrow is a new day, remember all the good times here. No one achieves anything alone, and Geno wouldn’t have even had a chance if it wasn’t for all of you guys.

So, yeah. Let’s get this show on the road!

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Well, this is it. Less than 10 hours to go until what could be the end. It feels extremely surreal that this is happening.
I’ve been here for over a year, and in that amount of time I’ve met so many users full of positivity, intelligence and hope. Even if by a chance Geno doesn’t get in, I will never regret the amount of time I spent here speculating here with all of you hoping that Geno would get in.
That said, if he isn’t shown tomorrow then that’s fine, I can afford to wait, but I hope for everyone’s sake that the wait ends tomorrow for his inclusion.
I hope everyone prays to the stars tonight for that little wooden doll, and for those who have been waiting since the late 90’s, god speed to all of you for waiting this long, I really hope you guys get your time.
See you tomorrow morning everyone, believe!
:starman::starman::starman::geno::geno::starman::starman::starman:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
I may be an abyssal beast of the dark but like seeing everyone all hopeful and thankful and giving congratulations makes me feel all warm and giddy inside, it's just good vibes you know? Here's hoping for a good tomorrow filled with even better news.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
It's gettin' kind of late for me, so I'll be logging off for tonight. Final predictions are Geno, Waluigi, or Rex. I intend to record my reaction when it happens, so if I'm not up and posting in this thread before it starts, I'd appreciate it if someone sent me the direct link via DMs. I'm usually up, though, so if anyone else thinks they won't be here for the reveal and wish to remain unspoiled, let me know and if I'll DM you a link.

And for those of you who need a reminder of our S.O.P. regarding avoiding spoilers, read this:
Okay, here's what you do:
  1. DON'T LOG INTO ANYTHING! No YouTube, no twitter, no Facebook, NOTHING. Nothing except for SmashBoards, of course. However...
  2. Bookmark a page that you can safely log into SmashBoards from without getting spoiled. A good example would be an old forum page for a character who's chances of getting in this FIghters Pass are virtually non-existant, like King Boo or Krystal. (No offense.)
  3. Prior to the Direct, ask for someone to DM you a direct link (no pun intended.) to the presentation on YouTube. In my experience, people in this thread have been pretty good about this kind of thing.
  4. Right-click the link and download it via a YouTube to MP4 converter. Example.
  5. Once downloaded, set up your capture stuff and record your reaction.
Right, see you tomorrow lads.
:geno::geno::geno::geno::geno::geno::geno:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom