• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
Good luck, Genobros! I have a feeling it’s his time. It only feels right to be Fighter Pack #7, not to mention the 77th fighter in Ultimate.

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
It’s a good thing I played Mario RPG beforehand so I can get all of the references when Geno is included :geno:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Ok, reading the official Tweet announcing tomorrow's "presentation", the part where it is mentioned that after the 3 minute video presentation, Sakurai will follow up with a "brief" message. Hmm, what if this "brief" message is a way to subdue expectations to then blow us away with a Smash Direct-length message; ending it off with the surprise reveal of CP 8? 👀

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The important thing we must remember is to be level headed and mature with this news. We can't let this go to our heads and make ourselves crazy. We must be mature, rational, polite, and reasonab-

-aggressive neck lift-

Tell us everything that you know! You know something! For the love of God, you are not leaving here until you say everything you are hiding! SPILL IT!!! ....uh..ahem, my good man....please and thank you.
It's not a matter of knowing something but noting how they've handled things in the past. Smash has this kind of weird structure to things, if you will. Smash reveals have never been "stacked" more than two. You can have two characters announced but one is released before the next. Let me illustrate it...

November 2018: Plant (announced)

December 2018: Joker (announced)

February 2019: Plant (released)

April 2019: Joker (released)

June 2019: Hero and Banjo (announced)

July 2019: Hero (released)

September 2019: Banjo (released), Terry (announced)

See what I'm getting at? Nintendo's planning to repeat September 2019 where a character was released and a new character was announced on the same day. In other words, 7 will likely be released the day 8 is announced.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Ok, reading the official Tweet announcing tomorrow's "presentation", the part where it is mentioned that after the 3 minute video presentation, Sakurai will follow up with a "brief" message. Hmm, what if this "brief" message is a way to subdue expectations to then blow us away with a Smash Direct-length message; ending it off with the surprise reveal of CP 8? 👀
Nah, he's clearly going to say "Never ask me for anything ever again.". :troll:

Oppih

Smash Rookie
It is a bit of a nice feeling that this is happening October 1st. Dunno why but Geno kinda gives off paranormal vibes with the whole possesion idea so having it fall on the month of October really helps the atmosphere for me.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Nah I'd say probably a trailer and just Sakurai talking about what's happening, be safe and all that good stuff. Approximately 3 minutes implies it is going to be slightly less based on previous occasions (around 2:50) so I'm not expecting a super complex character here as the trailer and foreword would need to go into that. Funny thing is that could imply Geno. Even if he did have times hits or something, that wouldn't really be able to be communicated in such a way that it would take an inordinate amount of time.

TL;DR: based on the 'approximately' wording I would expect a relatively simple character as it wouldn't be too long to reveal. Still it doesn't narrow down much but hopefully we get some good stuff tomorrow

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Okay, we need a full recap of the evidence for Geno front and centre ASAP! Let’s emotionally prepare, folks!

Also: let’s keep an eye on Grubb, Imran, Ryce, Zhuge, etc all day. They could drop hints!
Perhaps this slightly outdated but still somewhat useful graphic I made could help? oh my god i’m shamelessly plugging this now, what am i doing-
I was looking through my photo gallery and found something that I made for the thread awhile back. I never got around to posting it due to Smashboards being finicky, but I managed to send it this time so here it is now. Better late then never I suppose!
@Polarthief’s “The List” was where I got most of my information for this project from, so I want to give a massive thanks to them for compiling all the info, and everyone else for finding the info in the first place. I only take credit for creating the images, everything else was all you guys.

These images were created over a month ago, so there’s definitely some information that’s outdated/missing (For instance, the Mario 35th rumors have already happened and been confirmed to be real). I do however think these images contain a lot of great information so feel free to share them around!

It won’t be much longer everyone, I have a feeling our journey is almost over. Let’s get this show on the road!

Last edited:

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
It's crazy that we may be less than 12 hours away from finally getting Geno in Smash. Good luck everyone!

Also what's awesome about us getting info tomorrow is that it firmly cements that Amiibo releases and 7/11 ads are indicators of a new character getting revealed. I feel like before this, they were just strong patterns to keep an eye on. But at this point, they're pretty much the main thing we should look at to predict future reveals.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
It's not a matter of knowing something but noting how they've handled things in the past. Smash has this kind of weird structure to things, if you will. Smash reveals have never been "stacked" more than two. You can have two characters announced but one is released before the next. Let me illustrate it...

November 2018: Plant (announced)

December 2018: Joker (announced)

February 2019: Plant (released)

April 2019: Joker (released)

June 2019: Hero and Banjo (announced)

July 2019: Hero (released)

September 2019: Banjo (released), Terry (announced)

See what I'm getting at? Nintendo's planning to repeat September 2019 where a character was released and a new character was announced on the same day. In other words, 7 will likely be released the day 8 is announced.
Hmm-mmm, hmm-mmm, sounds very scientifical and involves numbers. Logical and on point, henceforth.

Anyway, tell us your secrets or you will be tortured with fire, which will involve fire.

D

Deleted member

Even though it’s 24 hours away, I need a reliable insider to rip off the band-aid if it’s Geno or not please!

Last edited by a moderator:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I know some people are panicking about the brief words from Sakurai after the presentation is concluded, but I don't think we really should. As stated earlier, it's probably going to amount to when the character releases or potentially when to look out for FP8. I really doubt he's going to bring bad news for this

Colors

Smash Rookie
Even if I'm to lose this fight, I swear on my honor as a woman that it'll be a defeat I'll take on my feet. I'm gonna be there when it goes down even if I have to stay up without sleep for it. It's worth it to finally know.
What's this talk about 'defeat' and 'going down?' If Geno isn't revealed tomorrow, then it's simply because Sakurai believes Geno deserves a bigger audience! E3 2021, anyone?

Ah, I feel the electricity in the air, this is so exciting!! I'm making a wish for you, Geno!!

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
AT LONG LAST, THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER! The speculation scene is alive again!

We have no idea who it could be. Keep in mind however, this character was planned for E3. I’m ok if Geno is not #7 as long as he makes it in, but GOD I hope it’s him so we don’t have to wait any longer. Crash would also be awesome for #7.

As for the brief message from Sakurai, I’m assuming the DLC deadline has been delayed, but that’s completely fine and understandable.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
What's this talk about 'defeat' and 'going down?' If Geno isn't revealed tomorrow, then it's simply because Sakurai believes Geno deserves a bigger audience! E3 2021, anyone?

Ah, I feel the electricity in the air, this is so exciting!! I'm making a wish for you, Geno!!
Very optimistic of you. Still, whoever this fighter is, this should be good.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
UM OK. i was just minding my own business about to animate when BOOM! THIS HAPPENS AND -- AHHHHHH
Oh you're an animator? Cool, anywhere we can check out your work?
I used to animate when I was younger, so I have a huge appreciation for anyone who's out there expressing themselves.

Also yes, this news is massively hype! :joyful:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace

I would be genuinely shocked if E3 survives 2020 and manages to pull through to 2021.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Call me grotesquely optimistic, but I‘m gunning for a dual reveal of some kind.
Funny you say that because 3 minutes is fairly long for a Smash trailer. Here are the characters that have been roughly three minutes or more so far since 2013:

-Palutena

-Robin and Lucina

-Cloud

-Simon and Richter

-Ken and Inceniroar

-Hero

-Byleth

The longer trailers have always been because of a twist of some kind in the second half.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Funny you say that because 3 minutes is fairly long for a Smash trailer. Here are the characters that have been roughly three minutes or more so far since 2013:

-Palutena

-Robin and Lucina

-Cloud

-Simon and Richter

-Ken and Inceniroar

-Hero

-Byleth

The longer trailers have always been because of a twist of some kind in the second half.
It's both Geno and Mallow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom