• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

QQS

Smash Lord
Can you imagine if they reveal to us Geno as fighter #7 and the only thing we have to do is wait for the download day while rewatching the trailer 15 times per day? Would your body paralyze if suddenly Sakurai says: “please take a look to the next fighter in this FP”, and starts in a mistery dark wood with many trees with Mario looking for something; or in the space with Kirby or Rosalina flying through the stars; or from the window in a house you see some puppets and a Star flying above them?

Well, that moment is closer than you think.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Yea, at least we can rest easy that unless Nintendo pulls another mystery game out of their ass (not likely) or if Crown Tundra is out in early October (not likely) we're pretty much set to get Smash news this week with all that's pointing to it. It's just frustrating because not only has it been over 6 MONTHS since a real reveal when we learned about the Arms rep, but we've basically been sitting on a mountain of unanswered questions and speculation since January and none of it has really been put to the test yet. I feel like everyone just laid out their hand of what they thought Pass 2 would be and nothing has fundamentally shifted or changed since then. Speculation has never felt this stagnant before.

Last edited:

StarMagician

Smash Cadet
I am in a ZOOM Call with Geoff Keighley and some other TGA fans to talk about things he'd like for this year's event, later this afternoon.
If I hear any information pertaining to Smash Brothers, you all will hear it. Unless he asks me not to share obviously
Geoff said in last week's call that he is interested in, "Doing another[...] grand reveal, like Joker."
This is far from concrete for sure, but I think Geoff confirming that it's something he wants to do and will be reaching out to Nintendo to do is a good sign. I'll personally be moving a bit of stock into a TGA reveal this year. Especially given the new Tokyo deal happening with TGA right now.

Last edited:

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I think 1996 was my favorite year as a fan. At 9 years old, I was well schooled in the NES Era and living during the time of the great SNES. I experienced so much greatness from Mario, that by ‘96 he was coming into the third dimension. It was such an exciting time. I had my Mario RPG player’s guide, drawing all the characters and enemies. I also started my subscription to Nintendo Power, and was waiting for SM 64. It was the best time.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
If nothing happens this week or next week, then that destroys the amiibo theory and the ad theory, leaving literally nothing left as a potential hint as to when we would get the next character reveal. I would say by then that people will abandon speculation out of frustration.

Imagine getting closer and closer to the one year anniversary of the Fighter Pass going on sale and only 1/6th of its content being known.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
If nothing happens this week or next week, then that destroys the amiibo theory and the ad theory, leaving literally nothing left as a potential hint as to when we would get the next character reveal. I would say by then that people will abandon speculation out of frustration.

Imagine getting closer and closer to the one year anniversary of the Fighter Pass going on sale and only 1/6th of its content being known.
i know i do keep saying this but, we might not see geno as fighter 7, whilst it WOULD made sense, people seem to forget next year is the 25th anniversary of Super mario rpg legend of the seven stars. so what better way to clebrate than to reveal geno as a fighter near this date??

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
whilst its possible there will be fighter 7 soon, if its not next week then we will be waiting until christmas or next year i believe

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yayyyyy >_>

Probably no Smash news this week then...
I ****in' knew it... Much to my annoyance this morning, I realized that there's been a major Pokemon RPG release almost every fall since 2013 when Nintendo decided to do global releases of the games:

2013: X and Y

2014: Ruby and Sapphire 2: Rayquaza's ****in' Pissed

2016: Sun and Moon

2017: Sun and Moon: You're Dumb Enough to Buy this Game Again a Year Later

2018: Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee

2019: Sword and Shield

2020 probably had a remake planned and dollars to donuts it was a quick cash in of Gold and Silver because of the 20th anniversary outside of Japan. So... We probably are getting a Pokemon presentation either in October or November. Again, the good news is that Smash news usually isn't far behind so HOPEFULLY this is another thing on the pile that we're probably in the last two weeks until 7...

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Not knocking anyone since all we got to work with is optimism, but I swear to God 'We are near the final stretch for number 7' has been said for the last 3 months. Honestly? I'm starting to believe 7 isn't happening this year, period.

And Heaven help the Smash fanbase if 7 finally ever comes out and its only a shill pick like Corrin. That won't go over well.

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
At this point I think FP2 has sold very well that Nintendo wants to promote everything else before FP2.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
But does this mean Smash next week?
It's possible. Last week we had two announcements. Earliest we could see is by Friday.

Although next week is more likely and even then the pessimistic side of me is dreading they'll just go with another partner showcase. >.>

Last edited:

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
It's possible. Last week we had two announcements. Earliest we could see is by Friday.

Although next week is more likely and even then the pessimistic side of me is dreading they'll just go with another partner showcase. >.>
yea, i kinda fear so too. i would like to see more smt5 news...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Not knocking anyone since all we got to work with is optimism, but I swear to God 'We are near the final stretch for number 7' has been said for the last 3 months. Honestly? I'm starting to believe 7 isn't happening this year, period.

And Heaven help the Smash fanbase if 7 finally ever comes out and its only a shill pick like Corrin. That won't go over well.
The difference this time, however, is that NOW Nintendo's finally out of stuff to stall with. From this point forward it's either new stuff or they go radio silent after 6 weeks of weekly updates. I realize the comedy set up writes itself in this situation but the situation is now literally just new stuff or to say nothing at all.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The difference this time, however, is that NOW Nintendo's finally out of stuff to stall with. From this point forward it's either new stuff or they go radio silent after 6 weeks of weekly updates. I realize the comedy set up writes itself in this situation but the situation is now literally just new stuff or to say nothing at all.
Partner Showcase of this month tho.

Of course, this is just the pessimistic side of me.

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I was already waiting for the week of the 4-8th of oct anyway

so I’m actually hoping this news is not smash related at the end and it’s a pokemon smash combo reveal. Although I’m one of the few who has no issue with new mons in smash, it would not be hype for me... unless it was OG like Gengar or something, but that ain’t happenin.

Geno or bust 4-8th

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Partner Showcase of this month tho.

Of course, this is just the pessimistic side of me.
It would still be new stuff so I'd take it either way.

"You can't stall announcing 7 forever, Nintendo!"

Nintendo after stalling 7 for almost three months already:

download (8).jpeg

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Well, Pokemon news came before Smash.
Not that upset, atleast we now really do know Smash is next week, or even later this week, as Pokemon was the last "big" thing before Smash, so they really did save it for the end... which... I mean... makes sense if it's a pretty big character that'll make a lot of people happy.

The waiting game continues, but the wait will be worth it.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Hopefully 7 should happen soon as smash info is usually after Pokemon despite how they could not be further different ironically enough. One happened a week or so before Byleth was revealed IIRC. 8 probably isn't happening this year tbh. We've waited this long for 7, there isn't much of a chance for 8 when we can see how something has apparently been affected after the 4 reveals last year compared to 2 thus far.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
Well, Pokemon news came before Smash.
Not that upset, atleast we now really do know Smash is next week, or even later this week, as Pokemon was the last "big" thing before Smash, so they really did save it for the end... which... I mean... makes sense if it's a pretty big character that'll make a lot of people happy.

The waiting game continues, but the wait will be worth it.
so this really does narrow it down, i hope this was worth the wait. it wouldnt be supprising that they might do two characters, but in my heart i know its just one, but imagine geno and rayman being revealed together? xDD

Mizzle

Smash Cadet
Perhaps I'm just being naive and optimistic out of desperation, but didn't Paraspikey just post an example of a Pokémon announcement and Smash announcement not only in the same week, but within two days of each other?
Exactly. Pokémon and Smash are both big enough that their announcements won't cannibalize each other. Not too mention all of the evidence that seems to point to a reveal coming soon. The only thing about Thursday the 1st (imo the most likely date if there was to be a presentation this week) is that Mario 35 releases the same day. Ultimately, even if we end up not getting a reveal this week, we are almost certainly getting one next week. I just hope that the waiting game finishes sooner rather than later.

Also interesting to note that the Pokémon presentation isn't a Direct, despite the Nintendo Direct page being updated recently. And with both 7 and 8 possibly being in a presentable state... it sure makes me wonder.

D

Deleted member

Y'know, since I live under the impression that Nintendo knew Byleth would be a massive disappointment and held off on revealing him for all that time because they figured we'd be absolutely crushed, I have to also assume that if 7 actually is Geno (since at this point I think disappointment is our lot in life), Nintendo thinks he's going to be massively disappointing.

How ****ing disconnected do you have to be...

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
It would still be new stuff so I'd take it either way.

"You can't stall announcing 7 forever, Nintendo!"

Nintendo after stalling 7 for almost three months already:

View attachment 287119
If Nintendo does go radio silence, then the fan reaction is appropriately:

In all seriousness, this is the upside. Unless all the new announcements are strange, super niche projects (I dunno, let's say Dr. Metroid as a limited 2 week online game as a candy crush knockoff, or Chibi Robo skin for Angry Birds), we should be in for a couple of surprises like HW: Age of Calamity and Smash News.
I am optimistic that they've stalled out on stalling out at this point too. I just hope I'm not proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom