• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
Imagine we get a tweet tomorrow around the afternoon/evening to stay tuned for a Smash-focused Direct (or announcement regarding Fighters Pass Vol. 2) on Thursday (perhaps sometime during the morning/close to noon)? Would be nice.
I was just thinking the other day when the 7-11 Ad came up, about how funny it would be if Nintendo would make an announcement around 12am or 3am.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
Yes? I don't really think anything has changed.

The whole Byleth fiasco was a result of 2+ months of "deconfirmations" stifling discussion and turning speculation into the worst game of "Guess Who?" imaginable, not to mention I genuinely think people (myself included) wrote off a Three Houses rep out of sheer disdain for the idea despite nothing going against it and honestly having a decent bit of points to back it at the time. Not saying it was obvious, I'm saying people were so against the idea they refused to consider it as a possibility outright.
from the day fighter pass 1 was announced people were saying pokemon and fire emblem would get a character, a lot of it was mocking how often they both get characters and half serious for the same reasons

MattX20

Smash Hero
There's still a pretty decent chance of a confirmation of a Sakurai Presents announcement happening by the end of this week since the presentations for Smash usually happened before the 7/11 ads are taken down

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Microsoft (XBOX) after Zenimax acquisition

Microsoft: "Hey Ninty, what's poppin'?"
Nintendo: "Yo X, how've you been my G?"
Microsoft: "All good all good. Just chillin. Working on some new stuff with the boys."
looks over to Bethesda Studios, Id Software as they holler back
Nintendo: "Aight, that's hot. Yo, just dropped by to see if we could maybe get in on some of that Elder Scrolls goodness. Heard new game's coming out."
Microsoft: "Oh that, sure baby. You know we tight."
Nintendo: "Fire dawg. You the real homie."
Microsoft: "Naw, YOU the real homie my G."
Microsoft and Nintendo perform secret handshake
Sony: "YOOOOO Microsoft my G! My BOY! What's POPPIN?"
Microsoft: "..."
stares
Nintendo: "..."
also stares
Sony: "Huhuhuuuh!"
sweats
Microsoft: "Ey, whatchu want?"
Sony: "Yo, my dawg, just passed on by to check in with ya. You know you my G right? You got the tech, the specs, all that..."
Microsoft: "Watchu want?"
Sony: "Hehe... Uhh, yo, you mind if we borrow one of your IPs?"
Microsoft: "..."
intensely stares
Nintendo: "..."
stares anxiously
Sony: "..."
stares nervously while sweating PROFUSELY

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Ask yer mum.

But, yeah...

Evidence of Bethesda content besides Cacodemon + strong evidence that 5 was a medieval RPG swordsman + strong evidence that 5 involved a company not yet represented by a character in Smash Ultimate + strong evidence of at least two more Western characters after Banjo = my Dragonborn prediction, the abridged version. Basically I was going in the right direction but it was ultimately a swing and a miss.
Do you still think Dragonborn is likely to any degree? Have any of your sources mentioned him or any other upcoming Bethesda content?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I preordered Super Mario 3D all stars and had it shipped to me

Worst mistake I ever made.

I should have just waited and bought it at the store. I would have had it

But it still hasn't arrived

Edit: Says it'll arrive on Thursday

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
I ordered Mario 3D also, it should arrive this week, here in Santiago. I paid 60usd in a store I know; but in general markets is 80 usd :O

Glad to have it, love those games and wanna play them on Switch. The best thing is that Zelda is my fav franchise and of course they are doing it for the 35° of Zelda also, and here I think it will have Ocarina, Wind and Twilight. Or maybe even more Zelda 3d games and Skyward HD as a separate game.

Don’t forget that also 2021 is the 35° of Metroid, so a Prime Trilogy HD will be amazing to prepare us until Prime 4.

Dont forget also that Geno is coming to Smash.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I ordered Mario 3D also, it should arrive this week, here in Santiago. I paid 60usd in a store I know; but in general markets is 80 usd :O

Glad to have it, love those games and wanna play them on Switch. The best thing is that Zelda is my fav franchise and of course they are doing it for the 35° of Zelda also, and here I think it will have Ocarina, Wind and Twilight. Or maybe even more Zelda 3d games and Skyward HD as a separate game.

Don’t forget that also 2021 is the 35° of Metroid, so a Prime Trilogy HD will be amazing to prepare us until Prime 4.

Dont forget also that Geno is coming to Smash.
Don’t forget also that next year is Pokémon’s 25th, and there’s no better way to celebrate it than releasing the next game in the Pokémon Pinball series ;)

I was gonna say Pokémon Snap but that’s actually getting a new game. What a weird timeline we’re in.

D

Deleted member

I've just been playing Mario 64 when playing 3D All Stars simply because it's the first game in the collection and I'm going in order. I'll 100% it because I've did 100% on 64 DS.

And now on topic of Geno. I still have a strong feeling he's fighter 7. If not, then I think he's fighter 8. If that 7/11 ad really means something's near, than I can't wait for it. I mean, I can wait. I'm pretty patient when it comes to waiting for gaming news but, you know what I mean.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
So I preordered Super Mario 3D all stars and had it shipped to me

Worst mistake I ever made.

I should have just waited and bought it at the store. I would have had it

But it still hasn't arrived

Edit: Says it'll arrive on Thursday
It’ll be here before you know it. Even though I’m lucky enough to own them all already, it was definitely worth getting 3D All Stars.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Do you still think Dragonborn is likely to any degree? Have any of your sources mentioned him or any other upcoming Bethesda content?
No. Instead of digging up the old post, basically when me and my guys heard Bethesda content was coming last November we were like "surely Nintendo wouldn't bring a major company onboard without a playable character, right?" Pack 5 then happened and then we saw Ubisoft costumes and suddenly we were like... Well ****... Apparently one of my contacts says I suck at censoring DMs but, no joke, the only one of my four main guys that actually backed me on my Dragonborn prediction messaged me during the Byleth presentation and said "we ****ed up, Fatman. We ****ed up so bad." I thought it was funny but he was mortified. Then after that Chief evidence poured in and pretty much everyone I'm connected to basically threw their Bethesda rep notes up in the air in frustration and dropped it, largely siding with Crash and Chief as the most likely Western reps based on what was (and still is) out there.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
This Microsoft/Bethesda news is pretty crazy. But tbh I don’t really but this having any bearing on cacomallow at all. I think cacomallow is very real. But everything about this deal makes it seem like something that happened relatively quickly/recently. Given you would think a deal like this would take a long time to put together. But my skepticism comes from the fact that no one heard anything about this. At all. Usually for an acquisition of this size there are usually rumors at least a bit beforehand. It happened with Disney acquiring Fox IPs and more recently when companies were looking into purchasing WB’s game licenses. In an age of frequent high profile leaks I just don’t buy that this was in the works for months much less a year to have any impact on SSBU if we heard nothing about it. That said, again, I think cacomallow is still happening even if it hasn’t played out for almost a year now. No one has any idea how far in advance costumes are made relative to when they’re revealed. And no one has been able to exactly fake either the cacodemon or mallow.

D

Deleted member

I said it before and I'll say it again: Push put a lot of stock into the 7/11 ads even after Terry had proven that you don't necessarily need it to have a release. Yet, back during Terry's pre-release, the fact that we hadn't gotten a 7/11 for early November implied we were gonna have to wait even longer, which made it a pessimistic prediction. Now that Min Min's ad appearing could imply something optimistic in the fact that we may be getting FP7 within a week or 2, he's done a complete 180 on the 7/11 ad and now it means nothing because it doesn't imply anything pessimistic.
Could anything less be expected from the patron saint of "Hype Responsibly"? We'll be dealing with the fallout of that image for the rest of time.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Well Genobros, do I have exciting news for you.

FB_IMG_1600738890541.jpg

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.
I think this all but confirms that we are 100% getting a Princess Peach sex simulation game made by Nintendo, going off of past precedence. Nintendo always takes down games that they are working on afterall. Get ready boys.

Delete this if not allowed

Last edited:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
This Microsoft/Bethesda news is pretty crazy. But tbh I don’t really but this having any bearing on cacomallow at all. I think cacomallow is very real. But everything about this deal makes it seem like something that happened relatively quickly/recently. Given you would think a deal like this would take a long time to put together. But my skepticism comes from the fact that no one heard anything about this. At all. Usually for an acquisition of this size there are usually rumors at least a bit beforehand. It happened with Disney acquiring Fox IPs and more recently when companies were looking into purchasing WB’s game licenses. In an age of frequent high profile leaks I just don’t buy that this was in the works for months much less a year to have any impact on SSBU if we heard nothing about it. That said, again, I think cacomallow is still happening even if it hasn’t played out for almost a year now. No one has any idea how far in advance costumes are made relative to when they’re revealed. And no one has been able to exactly fake either the cacodemon or mallow.
Not all deals take years to push through , so I agree with you somewhat. Keep in mind that PlayStation is still getting some Bethesda titles, so it’s possible any deal made could have been in development only after those Bethesda titles. You never know.

Don’t want to get too off track though since this thread is basically becoming the 2nd newcomers Thread. However I personally believe this has nothing to do with the whole “cacomallow” Rumour. It could very well have some truth to it, but I wouldn’t expect Doom Slayer and Master Chief as playable characters. Way too close aesthetically, and I’m assuming Nintendo will take that into consideration. Maybe as a mii costume.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord

View attachment 286410
YOU HEARD IT HEAR FIRST.
I think this all but confirms that we are 100% getting a Princess Peach sex simulation game made by Nintendo, going off of past precedence. Nintendo always takes down games that they are working on afterall. Get ready boys.

Next thing you know we are gonna have a crossover between Senran Kagura and Xenoblade 2.

Noipoi

Howdy!

View attachment 286410
YOU HEARD IT HEAR FIRST.

NO

C2A1F929-525B-4B57-A182-5758288A039F.gif

GOD ****ING DAMNIT HOW COULD THEY DO THIS TO ME!

Griselda

Smash Lord
I'm the kind of girl who owns all of the mainline Mario games anyway, but still bought 3D All Stars. You could say that maybe it's because I don't wanna deal with hooking up all the various consoles whenever I want to play the originals - but I'm still gonna do that anyway.

I suppose I like options. I have SMRPG physically, on two Wii consoles, and on my Wii U... and I'm still gonna get Switch online if it comes there, in addition to any possible remakes.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I'm the kind of girl who owns all of the mainline Mario games anyway, but still bought 3D All Stars. You could say that maybe it's because I don't wanna deal with hooking up all the various consoles whenever I want to play the originals - but I'm still gonna do that anyway.

I suppose I like options. I have SMRPG physically, on two Wii consoles, and on my Wii U... and I'm still gonna get Switch online if it comes there, in addition to any possible remakes.
Yeah I'm the same way honestly. People told me that its a waste of money to buy a collection of games that I already own, but I just couldn't help myself because I just love all these games so much, and it would be a missed opportunity to not get these games on the Switch, especially with its limited release. Even though I do own these games, it really doesn't stop me from having fun replaying them, especially in HD where I can even take it on the go. That alone is honestly what makes this collection worth the money imo

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord

View attachment 286410
YOU HEARD IT HEAR FIRST.

Finally, the "Toadstool's XXX" spinoff we've all been waiting for!

D

Deleted member

View attachment 286410
YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

Finally, a use for those Toy-Con goggles...
1438444366772.png

a random user

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 286410
YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

well they did say they were expanding their ip to new areas to bring in more fans
im just surprised they didn't start with making a fire emblem one first
hopefully it will support rumble +, so you can get the "feel" like you are there, not enough games make good use of it after 1-2 switch came out

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord

View attachment 286410
YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

Hey guys, HotGuyVideos69LeakeyBumBum here. Here's a sneak peak at the DLC for that HOT new peach game.

qb1xycj2pen31.jpg

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Dude, how in the blue blazing hell could you screw up this bad?!

How could you mistake Jackie Chun for Master Roshi, my dude!
Blimey, I'm as stupid as Yamcha. I completely mistook them for the same person. They just seem... so... similar in such a creepy way, right?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Currently at my childhood home because of my grandmother's funeral today so I dug up stuff from my trip to Japan in the summer of 2006. Smashboards isn't letting me post pictures at the moment so hopefully I can post them in the morning. Found several documents and photos to prove I went on the trip and that I did try to hand deliver a portfolio of Geno fan content to Nintendo's headquarters in Japan.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Currently at my childhood home because of my grandmother's funeral today so I dug up stuff from my trip to Japan in the summer of 2006. Smashboards isn't letting me post pictures at the moment so hopefully I can post them in the morning. Found several documents and photos to prove I went on the trip and that I did try to hand deliver a portfolio of Geno fan content to Nintendo's headquarters in Japan.
I dunno if I've said it before, but I respect you for going that far for the cause. That's the sort of thing that I'd daydream about but not really put in the effort to actually plan out - let alone really go there and try something like that in person.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Fatman goes on a missionary voyage to deliver the sacred scroll to Mr. Nintendo himself. Find out what happens next time on Geno’s Bizarre Adv- aaand we got copyright striked.

Oh also if you’re having trouble posting images, I’ve found that changing the image format helps with that (Usually for me it’s converting PNGs into JPEGs). If that doesn’t work maybe try lowering the resolution? Hopefully this helps!

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Then after that Chief evidence poured in and pretty much everyone I'm connected to basically threw their Bethesda rep notes up in the air in frustration and dropped it, largely siding with Crash and Chief as the most likely Western reps based on what was (and still is) out there.
he still thinks more than one Western character will happen
uhhhhhhh.png

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Laying in bed next to my sleeping wife.
Reading part of my travel journal entry for July 2nd 2006 where I talk about leaving a prayer tag at Meiji Jinju shrine in Tokyo. My wishes were: "the success of the Geno portfolio, financial stability for my sister, happy lives for my family, and wisdom."
Makes small sound in my throat that an adult man shouldn't be capable of.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
People seem to be excited for the Microsoft purchase of Bethesda/Zenimax but man, I am kind of worried. If Master Chief and Doom Slayer were competition before from separate companies, now it's going to be worse. Discussion is going to be a pain to go through for who is the one that "deserves" a place in Smash or is "worthy".

It doesn't help that people on this thread were so fast to jump ship from Slayer to Chief with prediction lists after awhile.

I wouldn't mind if we got both, honestly, even if people complain for that. I don't care. As long as I get to see Doom Slayer playable in Ultimate, I'd be fine.

:bowser: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom