• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I’m aware things like this take time, but that doesn’t change the fact that there’s no guarantee Nintendo would even know about it. Sony didn’t. Not to mention Vault Boy came and went without any attachments to Microsoft, and the only actual Microsoft content we’ve gotten is Banjo. If they did indeed know that these were soon-to-be Microsoft properties, even going so far as to release them with a Microsoft pack, why release Vault Boy on his own with a Nintendo character, and why have zero Microsoft or Bethesda Mii costumes with Banjo?
Yeah tbh I should have thought of this too and should have mentioned it. Vault Boy was even with Min Min when they had the pass finalised so that should kind of kill this. I just feel people jumped the gun a bit because of the characters. I'd love Chief but Vault Boy screws this over a lot especially considering Cacomallow implies a cacodemon hat which would fit in perfectly like how Ubisoft got both an Altair outfit and just a Rabbid hat in the Byleth wave. This doesn't affect their chances just screws over the theory. At least someone mentioned it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I’m aware things like this take time, but that doesn’t change the fact that there’s no guarantee Nintendo would even know about it. Sony didn’t. Not to mention Vault Boy came and went without any attachments to Microsoft, and the only actual Microsoft content we’ve gotten is Banjo. If they did indeed know that these were soon-to-be Microsoft properties, even going so far as to release them with a Microsoft pack, why release Vault Boy on his own with a Nintendo character, and why have zero Microsoft Mii costumes with Banjo?
Well, if I had to speculate, Nintendo probably didn't know until E3 2019 at the latest but there's no denying that Nintendo and Microsoft have a very close relationship and have for a couple of years now. Given things like Minecraft have been a thing on Nintendo platforms since the Wii U, I get a very, very strong feeling that Microsoft shared this with Nintendo since the strategy the past couple years has basically been to team up and repeatedly dunk on Sony. Beyond that, Bethesda and Square Enix were literally the first two third parties that came out to publicly support the Switch back in 2016 so Nintendo's relationship with Bethesda has been really, really strong for years now too.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
While I don’t think this Microsoft stuff necessarily means anything, I think y’all are a bit too quick to dismiss Cacomallow because of Vault Boy considering the Mega Man Miis being two pairs in separate presentations and the Virtua Fighter miis not coming with the other Sega miis.
No offense, but I don't see how that gives Cacomallow a shot. In fact, I think that could be usable for any character who may be a Mii costume, including Geno.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This will not age well...

Yes we are most likely get Geno. But you are waaaay too confident in Master Chief. Chill please.

Also can you stop calling yourself a theorycrafter please? The moment you said you have sources you are not a theorycrafter anymore. You are a leaker.
Why do you care? Don't let me live rent free in your subconscious. If my predictions bother you that much you can just put me on ignore. No need to seethe and grieve if I wind up right, paisano.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Why do you care? Don't let me live rent free in your subconscious. If my predictions bother you that much you can just put me on ignore. No need to seethe and grieve if I wind up right, paisano.
So, how does your theorycrafting tie in with you being leaker? I thought leakers are supposed to know things rather than make theories, even if they are well formed. What exactly makes you do that in your case?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
No offense, but I don't see how that gives Cacomallow a shot. In fact, I think that could be usable for any character who may be a Mii costume, including Geno.
Because it shows they don’t have to come together in the same presentation. Of course that applies to other miis like Geno and whoever too, but the characters still have a shot at being more than miis.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Because it shows they don’t have to come together in the same presentation. Of course that applies to other miis like Geno and whoever too, but the characters still have a shot at being more than miis.
Um, like I said, that could apply to any Mii Costume. It's been so long since the Cacomallow "leak" came out anyway, and just because of what you said does not necessarily mean Cacomallow will come, at all.

T2by4

Smash Lord
So, how does your theorycrafting tie in with you being leaker? I thought leakers are supposed to know things rather than make theories, even if they are well formed. What exactly makes you do that in your case?
Wait, when did he mention himself as a leaker?

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
You know, people can have 'sources' on things, but still craft theories based on the information they receive. Just because I know somebody in smaller indie gamedev and have access to bits of information, it doesn't mean I'm a leaker if I try to craft a hypothesis based on the limited information I receive about their game plan moving forward. I'm still trying to form the bigger picture based on limited knowledge.

I understand peoples' frustrations with being told one thing, and then having something else confirmed in the face of erroneous information, but it genuinely feels like there's always this knee-jerk reaction to Fatman just throwing out his own personal thoughts and predictions. If he did the same thing without talking about knowing people, folks wouldn't think twice, but with how he has talked about having acquaintances who know about things here and there, suddenly it makes a huge difference? I don't understand.

I feel like, whether he ends up being wrong, or actually ends up being right, certain people are just agitated that he's making big claims like that because i guess they can't stand seeing someone be so confident about something, while having fun doing it? That's the only conclusion I can pick up. Even if he's wrong, what's it to you? Let a man dream and have fun. If he's wrong, he'll have a piece of humble pie on his own without people demanding he do so, he's a grown man, after all.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Um, like I said, that could apply to any Mii Costume. It's been so long since the Cacomallow "leak" came out anyway, and just because of what you said does not necessarily mean Cacomallow will come, at all.
Now I’m confused. Yes, this applies to every character and mii costume, and Cacomallow may very well be fake. I’m only pointing it out because some people are assuming Cacodemon would have to come with Vault Boy due to being owned by the same company, when precedence says that’s not how it has to go at all.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
You know, people can have 'sources' on things, but still craft theories based on the information they receive. Just because I know somebody in smaller indie gamedev and have access to bits of information, it doesn't mean I'm a leaker if I try to craft a hypothesis based on the limited information I receive about their game plan moving forward. I'm still trying to form the bigger picture based on limited knowledge.

I understand peoples' frustrations with being told one thing, and then having something else confirmed in the face of erroneous information, but it genuinely feels like there's always this knee-jerk reaction to Fatman just throwing out his own personal thoughts and predictions. If he did the same thing without talking about knowing people, folks wouldn't think twice, but with how he has talked about having acquaintances who know about things here and there, suddenly it makes a huge difference? I don't understand.

I feel like, whether he ends up being wrong, or actually ends up being right, certain people are just agitated that he's making big claims like that because i guess they can't stand seeing someone be so confident about something, while having fun doing it? That's the only conclusion I can pick up. Even if he's wrong, what's it to you? Let a man dream and have fun. If he's wrong, he'll have a piece of humble pie on his own without people demanding he do so, he's a grown man, after all.
Yep, I may disagree with him on some points, but he generally has a lot of useful information that often checks out eventually or turns out to be true.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Oh I am aware of the first part, and in fact, if the way I said it was not enough, I was not even trying to get on Fatman's case. I just wanted to know, since it seems he has spent more time theorycrafting than leaking.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah, that's the thing: I DON'T know things absolutely. I make predictions based on available information. Leaking implies I absolutely know things 100% and I don't. I put things in terms of probability. Leakers don't do that. Leakers speak in absolutes. I have high or low confidence in things and for whatever reason, people become totally unglued in relation to this. Seriously though, people can keep their own mind space because I don't want ownership of it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Now I’m confused. Yes, this applies to every character and mii costume, and Cacomallow may very well be fake. I’m only pointing it out because some people are assuming Cacodemon would have to come with Vault Boy due to being owned by the same company, when precedence says that’s not how it has to go at all.
In that case, I was not saying they had to come with Vault Boy. But I do think Vault Boy already revealed does kind of lower Cacomallow's chances.

Yeah, that's the thing: I DON'T know things absolutely. I make predictions based on available information. Leaking implies I absolutely know things 100% and I don't. I put things in terms of probability. Leakers don't do that. Leakers speak in absolutes. I have high or low confidence in things and for whatever reason, people become totally unglued in relation to this. Seriously though, people can keep their own mind space because I don't want ownership of it.
Heh heh heh! I thought that was the case. Just wanted to make sure there.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
While I don’t think this Microsoft stuff necessarily means anything, I think y’all are a bit too quick to dismiss Cacomallow because of Vault Boy considering the Mega Man Miis being two pairs in separate presentations and the Virtua Fighter miis not coming with the other Sega miis.
I mean I personally doubt Cacomallow but my main reason is mainly because it wasn't taken down which is something that I always seen ignored for whatever reason. People did argue that would make it seem legit but there is the ESRB leak, there is how it legally doesn't make sense due to said leak etc. It's weird that the Ubisoft costumes were just clumped together but another western company like Bethesda only got one although I admit that's a weak point overall

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I mean I personally doubt Cacomallow but my main reason is mainly because it wasn't taken down which is something that I always seen ignored for whatever reason. People did argue that would make it seem legit but there is the ESRB leak, there is how it legally doesn't make sense due to said leak etc. It's weird that the Ubisoft costumes were just clumped together but another western company like Bethesda only got one although I admit that's a weak point overall
Personally I’m leaning on fake too, though I like to stay neutral. Some people have pointed out the timer and stuff, and it not being taken down like you said, so idk, I just think it’s still possible. I can understand Vault Boy making it seem less likely though. It doesn’t really matter for Geno anyway, we’re likely to see him before the miis, but getting a Mallow hat would be awesome if he isn’t like a bonus character.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Just wanted to bring this up, Twitter is clamoring for Sony to buy Konami in "retaliation." I know this doesn't have to due with Geno, but I just thought it'd be worth letting you guys know because I haven't seen it brought up here. If there ends up being some kind of "bidding war" over gaming studios, it could have major implications on 3rd party inclusions in subsequent Smash installments.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Just wanted to bring this up, Twitter is clamoring for Sony to buy Konami in "retaliation." I know this doesn't have to due with Geno, but I just thought it'd be worth letting you guys know because I haven't seen it brought up here. If there ends up being some kind of "bidding war" over gaming studios, it could have major implications on 3rd party inclusions in subsequent Smash installments.
Nintendo buys Square Enix

the world implodes

But Geno (and Cloud, and Hero) are now 1st-party, so everything is okay because they can now become mainstay Smash fighters + the representation can hopefully increase between fighters, stages, songs and spirits (or whatever equivalent in future games)

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Nintendo buys Square Enix

the world implodes

But Geno (and Cloud, and Hero) are now 1st-party, so everything is okay because they can now become mainstay Smash fighters + the representation can hopefully increase between fighters, stages, songs and spirits (or whatever equivalent in future games)
It's a very interesting prospect, Nintendo owning Square Enix. Same with them owning SEGA (which I don't believe would ever happen) and Capcom. Imagine characters like Joker and Sora being 1st party Nintendo characters?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
squidward-sunglass_1.jpg

I dunno. I'm quarantined to this thread and have literally no social media presence regarding Smash so people have to come into this thread, seek out and read my opinions, and then proactively choose to get angry over them. "You guys are too confident in Geno here!" Hi, welcome to Geno Corp LLC; tours around the facilities start every half hour. Tickets for the Geno Tram can be bought at the gift shop and, again, enjoy your time at Geno Corp LLC. Geno Corp: We Serve a Higher Authority ®.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
View attachment 286360

I dunno. I'm quarantined to this thread and have literally no social media presence regarding Smash so people have to come into this thread, seek out and read my opinions, and then proactively choose to get angry over them. "You guys are too confident in Geno here!" Hi, welcome to Geno Corp LLC; tours around the facilities start every half hour. Tickets for the Geno Tram can be bought at the gift shop and, again, enjoy your time at Geno Corp LLC. Geno Corp: We Serve a Higher Authority ®.
Don't count me as one those getting on your case. I was just wanting to make sure of something. Your reasoning for theorycrafting does make too much sense to deny, by the way.

D

Deleted member

• new information drops or some new contentious point of speculation comes up
• literal whos that never come to this thread but for exactly one purpose crawl out from under the floorboards to make one condescending post and then vanish back into the abyss

Every god damned time. Can you people do anything aside from breed spite? You're getting the wood eventually so pipe down. Go ahead and tell me which character whose fanbase you're going to hound until they get in next so I can mark them down as the next long shot I'm going to support for nearly two decades.

Last edited by a moderator:

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Jesus Christ, I'm not the biggest supporter of Geno here (I never asked to be on the list) and I don't really attach myself to theorycrafting or speculation that much but I don't try to take all of this theorycrafting and speculation too seriously. I read or listen to what others say or think and form my own thoughts and opinions. If what is stated comes true, that's cool. If not, oh well. This whole discussion about the Microsft Bethesda deal and how it may or may not be related to Smash is getting some people riled up it seems.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know if microsoft buying bethesda is good or not. On one hand they have microsoft meddling in their Ip's now. On the other hand without meddling bethesda had been making crap like fallout 76.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Anyone going to post a video to show happiness if Geno is revealed next? I will personally post this if he is.

Just to show it is time to party.

Skull Leader

Smash Cadet
It should have been seen in the cards that Microsoft would be attempting to try something like this with a major player, considering the one weakness they've had over the last few generations is 3rd party support. I was expecting something like Sega or Capcom (or, actually, Konami) with a publishing arm, and Bethesda fits the bill.

Microsoft has been positioning itself as an "I succeed because you succeed" gaming division for a while now, and something like this will pay dividends. It's quite funny, actually. So many press were declaring console wars over with this gen and they could not be more right. Each of the 3 has positioned itself into a niche that the other can't attempt without massive investment or corporate changes. Nintendo owns the 1st party space, Sony owns the yearly installment arena, and Microsoft seems to have gotten gaming as a service down. At long last, the gaming decision seems to be predicated on "buy what you want to play". Thank god.

As per the whole Bethesda communicating with Nintendo about what was going on with any Microsoft purchase was probably a way to safeguard content being included in Smash. That way if the deal fell through or the legality changed and they had negotiated to a point before any changes, it would mean re-litigating the whole thing over again on finished content and costing unneeded money or flat out dropping it. Bethesda and/or Microsoft owed their shareholders protection in that regard and any growing relationship with Nintendo going sour with a wildly successful console in play. They didn't necessarily owe Sony the same considerations on a published title with Deathloop, and Starfield may not have been far enough along (knowing Bethesda) to worry about communicating pending changes to an in-house developed title's ownership rights.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if microsoft buying bethesda is good or not. On one hand they have microsoft meddling in their Ip's now. On the other hand without meddling bethesda had been making crap like fallout 76.
The biggest concern I've seen from some people is that, with the acquisition of Bethesda, Microsoft is pretty solidly on the path towards becoming a monopolistic entity within the gaming sphere. They were already acquiring a bunch of tinier studios prior, but now that they've taken up one of the bigger fish, there's that chance that a slippery slope hath been reached, and thus, Microsoft may continue trying to eat up other studios as a result.

In fairness, it's not like this hasn't happened before in other media spaces, given the likes of Disney, for a gargantuan example. But, it did take them years and years of pulling in companies for themselves to become that gargantuan example.

My opinion; Mixed Emotions, coupled with that uncertain air of "I don't think this is actually good news", but, that's all I've got, personally.

D

Deleted member

7/11 ad get hype!

View attachment 286363

Pushdustin says sit back down

View attachment 286364

Cacomallow’s real get hype!

View attachment 286363

It’s BS sit back down

View attachment 286364

This thread is a rollercoaster.
Pushdustin said "sit back down" in the Terry days and we ended up getting Terry earlier than expected. 7/11 ads are good news every time and Push is such a hype killer he probably is going to build a time machine and go back in time to invent graham crackers.

Keep hype.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Pushdustin said "sit back down" in the Terry days and we ended up getting Terry earlier than expected. 7/11 ads are good news every time and Push is such a hype killer he probably is going to build a time machine and go back in time to invent graham crackers.

Keep hype.
Yeah, don't stop this party 'til the morning come for the Sakurai Presents!

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Anyone going to post a video to show happiness if Geno is revealed next? I will personally post this if he is.

Just to show it is time to party.
Post a video? I'm MAKIN' a ****ing video, mate! As I've stated before, if Geno drops I'm making a BestGuyEver-esque video in celebration. By the by, I'm still looking for more clips to potentially incorporate into this video, so if anyone has anything they'd like to suggest, feel free to let me know. Read this for more details.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Post a video? I'm MAKIN' a ****ing video, mate! As I've stated before, if Geno drops I'm making a BestGuyEver-esque video in celebration. By the by, I'm still looking for more clips to potentially incorporate into this video, so if anyone has anything they'd like to suggest, feel free to let me know. Read this for more details.
I look forward to seeing it if Geno gets in!

MattX20

Smash Hero
At any rate, my personal theory for the Sakurai Presents for FP7 will probably happen next week at the latest since the presentations have occurred before the ads were taken down for the most part(Terry being the one time an ad wasn't shown off and the ARMS rep was confirmed to be next before the last 7/11 ad was taken down, but not naming MinMin specifically until June).

Firox

Smash Master
The biggest concern I've seen from some people is that, with the acquisition of Bethesda, Microsoft is pretty solidly on the path towards becoming a monopolistic entity within the gaming sphere. They were already acquiring a bunch of tinier studios prior, but now that they've taken up one of the bigger fish, there's that chance that a slippery slope hath been reached, and thus, Microsoft may continue trying to eat up other studios as a result.

In fairness, it's not like this hasn't happened before in other media spaces, given the likes of Disney, for a gargantuan example. But, it did take them years and years of pulling in companies for themselves to become that gargantuan example.

My opinion; Mixed Emotions, coupled with that uncertain air of "I don't think this is actually good news", but, that's all I've got, personally.
It's going to be hard for Microsoft to dominate when they have the fewest exclusive IPs and are basically getting owned by both of their competitors right now. Plus, we can see the impending singularity of gaming consoles and PC's such that it will eventually be more cost efficient for Microsoft to simply make games for PC than create what is essential a gaming PC tower that doesn't also double as a normal PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom