• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Guys, I want you to think about something very hard right now.

You remember when Imran and Grubb did all those super odd Geno and SMRPG tweets that were very odd even for Grubb who consistently posts about SMRPG? You remember how you all dismissed it as fast as possible as just jokes because they said it was just jokes?

We got proof that the 35th Anniversary level in Super Mario Maker 2 was originally supposed to be announced and released in April. This means that we were likely supposed to get an entire Mario 35th Direct around that time-frame as well, which makes sense to celebrate your anniversary early in the year. 3D World + Bowser Is A Furry would have been a holiday release alongside Age of Calamity.

So, if MARIO...you know, MR. NINTENDO HIMSELF...got announcements delayed roughly 6 months from their intended reveal date and every one who was any sort of real insider knew that the 3D Collection was coming very early on this year...what makes it so hard to believe that E3 was meant to have the CP7 reveal and all the talk in July about Geno and SMRPG and the Gamestop mishap and horrible PR mop-up was all because Geno was supposed to be in June but a combination of COVID delays and Min-Min being special and needing more time to get dressed up and ready for Smash (you know how ladies are when they are getting ready to go out about the town!) he's now coming in late September instead?

Why is it so hard to believe something that is backed by so much evidence just because it favors what we've been asking for for years?

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

You remember when Imran and Grubb did all those super odd Geno and SMRPG tweets that were very odd even for Grubb who consistently posts about SMRPG? You remember how you all dismissed it as fast as possible as just jokes because they said it was just jokes?

We got proof that the 35th Anniversary level in Super Mario Maker 2 was originally supposed to be announced and released in April. This means that we were likely supposed to get an entire Mario 35th Direct around that time-frame as well, which makes sense to celebrate your anniversary early in the year. 3D World + Bowser Is A Furry would have been a holiday release alongside Age of Calamity.

So, if MARIO...you know, MR. NINTENDO HIMSELF...got announcements delayed roughly 6 months from their intended reveal date and every one who was any sort of real insider knew that the 3D Collection was coming very early on this year...what makes it so hard to believe that E3 was meant to have the CP7 reveal and all the talk in July about Geno and SMRPG and the Gamestop mishap and horrible PR mop-up was all because Geno was supposed to be in June but a combination of COVID delays and Min-Min being special and needing more time to get dressed up and ready for Smash (you know how ladies are when they are getting ready to go out about the town!) he's now coming in late September instead?

Why is it so hard to believe something that is backed by so much evidence just because it favors what we've been asking for for years?
Makes me wonder what other things insiders were talking about in that time frame

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Honestly, whether its Geno or not, I just hope Fighter 7 is a either a very wanted fan favorite or a very significant hype choice to a lot of people. No disrespect intended towards Terry, Byleth, or Min Min as they're all solid in their own ways. However something on the level of popularity like Joker or a very beloved figure like Banjo would really get the energy back onto Smash DLC which just feels like its lost a bit of momentum in the past 9 months.
I don’t care about Joker, Terry, or Byleth as characters, but I will say that they’re all fun as hell to play. If and when Geno gets in, I hope he gets the same kind of treatment.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
It's because the finish line has been yanked away from us so many times that some of us just don't wanna be hurt anymore.

There comes a point where you stop anticipating the drop of the roller coaster and just want the wait over with already.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace

Not all of us bro... not all of us.

It's okay though

IMG_20200229_200444.jpg

(Nah but seriously, I've been saying ever since that evening that these hints by insiders mean something. I've been all aboard that train of thought since day 1.)

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
"Geno will be in Super Smash Bros Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch System as a playable fighter. He will be fighter pass 7, the next fighter in the pass. I know this because I have a network of inside contacts that either work at or closely with Nintendo who all have information that has confirmed Geno's inclusion."

10 minutes later: "WTF GUYS I'M NOT AN INSIDER, I JUST LIKE SMRPG CALM DOWN. 😭"

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
If this Smash reveal thing gets pushed back to mid-October then I’m putting on my dunce cap and expecting two reveals instead of just one. Just to spite the universe I am going to hype myself even further, straight into the stratosphere. I don’t even wanna see those stupid “hype responsibly” images, I’m an eternal dynamo baby, I physically and emotionally cannot be disappointed anymore. Geno is coming. He’s coming home soon. I’m blaring the SMRPG soundtrack through my neighborhood and goddammit I feel alive. And you should too. Don’t even make me pull out the mountain of evidence we have going for us, you already know what’s up. We’re nowhere near done.
987C33FD-6D1C-4300-B70F-9F762AC62778.jpeg

Elmorethemagician

Smash Journeyman
If this Smash reveal thing gets pushed back to mid-October then I’m putting on my dunce cap and expecting two reveals instead of just one. Just to spite the universe I am going to hype myself even further, straight into the stratosphere. I don’t even wanna see those stupid “hype responsibly” images, I’m an eternal dynamo baby, I physically and emotionally cannot be disappointed anymore. Geno is coming. He’s coming home soon. I’m blaring the SMRPG soundtrack through my neighborhood and goddammit I feel alive. And you should too. Don’t even make me pull out the mountain of evidence we have going for us, you already know what’s up. We’re nowhere near done.
Same I've been listening to the Mario rpg music on my headphones trying to stay optimistic about the whole thing...

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
Just lettin you know that video you posted is actually a lazy low-quality reupload of SiIvaGunner's latest rip of Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
^^ My bad, ill fix it! (also sorry I was looking through Remixes of BTFM and that came up. Ive seen the one by SilvaGunner before, just forgot he was the one who uploaded it) 👍

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The fact that the add will be up until the 4th of October apparently, being it so close to Crash Bandicoot's release (2 days prior) is really giving me the vibes that CP 7 (or 8 if they reveal two) might actually be Crash (or they could just go mad lad and reveal Geno and Crash, or whoever and Crash).
Yeah, I'm starting to believe Crash is FP7 now due to FP7 lining up with Crash 4's release date and FP7 and FP8 originally being planned as E3 reveals before Covid happened. Crash is a E3 caliber reveal so this makes sense.

Plus Fatmanonice Fatmanonice was theorycrafting that Crash would be announced or released around Crash 4's release date so cheers to Fatman if Crash is the next fighter.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

My belief in Geno being 7 hasn't changed but I'm strongly doubting this week. One pastability I've been entertaining is a reveal on the 1st and a release on the 8th or 13th. Going all the way back to 2013, Smash reveals late in the month are very rare. I made this post several years back and it still holds up.

If you look at the entirety of new character reveals since 2013, you have exactly two that were late month reveals: Shulk on August 29th in 2014 and Min Min on June 22nd this past year. Today is the 21st, supposedly tomorrow is a Japanese holiday, and Thursday is the start of TGS. Eyeballing the Smash 4 new character reveals and the Ultimate reveals, they overwhelmingly fall on the first half of the month and strongly favor double digit dates so that's why I'm curbing my expectations for the next two weeks.

Add in: Because literally no one asked, I decided to crunch the numbers and the average reveal date for new Smash characters since 2013 is the 11th. (415 / 37)
So even when you go by math, Smash reveals favor the second week of the month which is typically the first full week of the month. La-di-da.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Uhhh... so I don't know of this raises or lowers Doom Slayer's chances, but Microsoft literally just bought Zenimax/Bethesda. ...this is massive.

View attachment 286335
View attachment 286334

(Thought I'd share this because Geno fans and Doom Slayer fans have been bros since Cacomallow.)
It shouldn't effect Doom Slayer's chances at all since Fighter's Pass 2 was already greenlited around E3 of last year. Plus if it was a issue, Phil Spencer and Microsoft would have no problem letting Doom Slayer in Smash.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
...This doesn't mean that Elder Scrolls is gonna be Xbox exclusive now, does it? That was my first worry about that.

Also CacoMallow is real.
If anything it will be on Microsoft and Nintendo platforms and is basically a giant **** you to Sony. Good Lord... This is quite a bombshell for a Monday morning.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I never thought I'd see the day where the two green marines would actually be considered part of the same conglomerate when it came to smash.

Speculatively I stopped buying into Cacomallow these past few months as it has been way too long and no matter what rumours have come to pass in the past couple years, I think it's quite a stretch to compare hearsay from somewhat reputable sources about full fledged games a couple years in advance vs a few costumes which are super easy to make and were probably done by September or October which have been flying about for over a year with a lack of concern shown from Nintendo should it have been a real leak. More Bethesda costumes could be more likely now but that's kind of from here on out at least until we get more info.

Hopefully we get something relatively soon Smash wise. On the topic of Microsoft just imagine a double reveal of Geno and Chief? That would surely be worth the wait but please bear in mind I really do have my doubts on a double reveal and my doubts on Chief too tbh but it would cause a pretty fun reaction to say the least

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
So... Chief's chances of being 8 and Cacomallow being real just skyrocketed. Geno's chances for 7 were already at a boiling point but this is pure insanity for this to suddenly drop out of nowhere.
I don't understand how this means Geno's chances skyrocketed. Please explain cause I don't get it. Why does bethesda signing a deal with microsoft increase Geno's chances? We got Joker who was a sony exclusive character, what's the big deal?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I never thought I'd see the day where the two green marines would actually be considered part of the same conglomerate when it came to smash.

Speculatively I stopped buying into Cacomallow these past few months as it has been way too long and no matter what rumours have come to pass in the past couple years, I think it's quite a stretch to compare hearsay from somewhat reputable sources about full fledged games a couple years in advance vs a few costumes which are super easy to make and were probably done by September or October which have been flying about for over a year with a lack of concern shown from Nintendo should it have been a real leak. More Bethesda costumes could be more likely now but that's kind of from here on out at least until we get more info.

Hopefully we get something relatively soon Smash wise. On the topic of Microsoft just imagine a double reveal of Geno and Chief? That would surely be worth the wait but please bear in mind I really do have my doubts on a double reveal and my doubts on Chief too tbh but it would cause a pretty fun reaction to say the least
Huh, even if they were done that early, if they are scheduled to release alongside a certain character and that character hasn't been revealed yet, it's almost like they would sit on revealing those costumes until the character was revealed. That means that whenever they were made and how long they have sat around is an irrelevant point and {insert always has been meme here}.

Man, when you guys deny evidence you always do it in the strangest, most mental ways that you guys would kill it if mental gymnastics was a legit competition.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't understand how this means Geno's chances skyrocketed. Please explain cause I don't get it. Why does bethesda signing a deal with microsoft increase Geno's chances? We got Joker who was a sony exclusive character, what's the big deal?
Let me try to summarize it.

-Corporate mergers usually take years to go public.

-Both companies come together because they want it to happen but it's a complicated process.

-Most of the time is dedicated to negotiations and hammering out the legal details.

-Microsoft and Bethesda were likely working on this in secret for a long time.

-Because of Nintendo and Microsoft's strong relationship, Nintendo likely knew this was happening.

-This was likely put into consideration while choosing Smash DLC.

-Bethesda and Zenimax are now publicly Microsoft properties and Nintendo had to have known this well in advance for Fall Out content to even be allowed in Smash.

-DOOM is now publicly a Microsoft IP.

-Cacodemon and Mallow were allegedly leaked Mii costumes last November heavily implying one is for a Square Enix pack and the other is for a Microsoft pack.

-Coincidentally, Square and Microsoft were the two big reveals at E3 2019 too.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Uhhh... so I don't know of this raises or lowers Doom Slayer's chances, but Microsoft literally just bought Zenimax/Bethesda. ...this is massive.

View attachment 286335
View attachment 286334

(Thought I'd share this because Geno fans and Doom Slayer fans have been bros since Cacomallow.)
Microsoft buying studios is always good news for me because all their 1st and 2nd party games come to Gamepass day 1. I no longer have to pay for new Bethesda games! I don't know the extent of how this impacts doomsayer for smash though.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

-Both companies come together because they want it to happen but it's a complicated process.

-Most of the time is dedicated to negotiations and hammering out the legal details.

-Because of Nintendo and Microsoft's strong relationship, Nintendo likely knew this was happening.

-Bethesda and Zenimax are now publicly Microsoft properties and Nintendo had to have known this well in advance for Fall Out content to even be allowed in Smash.

-Cacodemon and Mallow were allegedly leaked Mii costumes last November heavily implying one is for a Square Enix pack and the other is for a Microsoft pack.

It's happening! :toadnaani: CacoMallow is real Malo Mart Malo Mart !

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman

As exciting as this is, Doom Slayer's chances as a character are not looking good in my eyes and that makes me sad, though Master Chief getting in would not be dissapointing at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom