• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This community is really paddle-balling about Tiffany. One minute she's a know nothing fraud who wants to sell dildos to children by ****posting about Nintendo games and the next she's an all knowing prophet. Make up your minds.

October 8 doesn't even make sense in context of what fatman posted earlier, since the implication I was drawing from that is that we're going in this Monday/Wednesday -> Tuesday/Thursday pattern and October would be a Monday/Wednesday month. Maybe I misunderstood.
You misunderstood. Nintendo usually chooses two days at the beginning of the year to have major announcements on and then sticks with it except in rare exceptions. It's typically Tuesday and Wednesday or Thursday. From January through May this year it was Tuesday and Thursday. For whatever reason, this shifted in June to Monday and Wednesday and then shifted back to Tuesday and Thursday in September. Based on past precedent, it's likely to stay as Tuesday and Thursday for the rest of the year unless something else goes super ****y wucky which is totally on the table given this year has been riding a tobaggan down a mountain of dog****, only to full frontal crash into a mountain of monkey **** with enough impact to go completely through it and then crash into a mountain of elephant ****.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Y'know that pixelated, no-context image she posted? We're pretty sure that's something NSFW, and if "ass" is the worst we're allowed to say then that should be way off limits for SmashBoards discussion.

...That is the limit, right? I didn't accidentally violate any rules, did I?
I see. But even if she is a sicko, how does that ruin her credibility as a leaker exactly?

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I see. But even if she is a sicko, how does that ruin her credibility as a leaker exactly?
she isn’t even a sick to be honest. People assume she is because of the graphic posts that she puts as well as leaks but she’s stated multiple times that she’s a cam girl that works in gaming as well and I’m pretty sure it’s in her bio. People just wanna assume that she’s not credible in any sorts because of the graphic stuff

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
No man, this isn't an event tourney, it's an official Nintendo tournament, completely different. It only happens over one day compared to the several days events do and doesn't even happen on a Friday. This conflicts with nothing other than not getting an ingame update before next Saturday which was obvious, we're still getting a normal in-game event next week.
Somebody on Star Road also brought up the point that this tournament was probably supposed to be the E3 tournament kind of like the recent Splatoon 2 one so I totally believe this is meant to be a precursor and that, at the very least, next week is already a wash Smash news wise. Call me pessimistic but I'm hard pressed to believe that they would do a Smash announcement on literally the first day of the month so I think October 1st is dead in the water too.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
If she's a leaker, then I'm base game Vergeben reincarnate
She throws a bunch of predictions out on Twitter, gets most of them wrong, pretends to have a breakdown, deletes all her Tweets and then starts over a week or two later.
So the answer you're looking for is no
she doesn’t though.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Look, as frustrating as this is, you guys are forgetting the last few days of September could have the Sakurai Presents. While it's true the last two fighters have been released one week or so later after their presentations, we can't forget most of the first Fighter Pass had been released on the same day of their presentations.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Pretty much this. Sabi had legit information but got it through methods that bordered on comic book villainy. Over time, Hot Girl has turned into the same situation because she has essentially told on herself repeatedly and even did a rant yesterday that I wouldn't be surprised winds up getting someone fired because she narrowed down one of her past contacts to an extremely irresponsible degree. Sabi was basically allowed to do what they did for so long because a lot of their information checked out and I think people handwave Hotgirl's behavior for similar reasons. Having legitimate video game information or being good at video games is not an all purpose pass to being a terrible person.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I love how usually this board is usually all over Fatman for details, but now that he's starting to believe October 8th the board is like

View attachment 286054
Because we're sick and tired of Nintendo of Japan's incompetent marketing and unbelievably long wait. It's inexcusable when you compare it to how well paced the first Fighter Pass was handled.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
It's funny how everyone here swears up and down that Sakurai breaks patterns and yet is so set on the next character reveal following the same pattern as the rest, especially after Big Boy 19 scattered Nintendo's plans like teenagers drinking at a party when the cops show up.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm going to go on the record again and say that I almost never get information on exact announcement/presentation dates so a vast majority of the time I have to rely on my own speculation because, you all want to know something? Like 5 people in my network were told that it was this past week and I was ultimately right to be skeptical. I almost want to get it tattooed on my arm at this point but "Figuring out dates is such a pain in the ass;" it's not only the easiest thing to get wrong, get misinformation about, or have changed at the last minute with no explanation but the backlash for getting dates wrong is ALWAYS the worst which is why I stopped bothering after the July fiasco.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976

MattX20

Smash Hero
I just remembered one key important fact that shouldn't rule out next week: timezones. Right now in Japan, it's Saturday at 3:18 a.m. in the morning. Next Monday and Tuesday would be the next day for each respectively.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So, I just want to bring this up:

There's 3 maintenances happening on the 28th. Could this be the date of #7's release? I dunno, but it's worth noting.
I just happened to tweet my theory about that too. Not on the 28th, but on that week.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I just happened to tweet my theory about that too. Not on the 28th, but on that week.
I really hope that's when we not only get the reveal, but also the release

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Popping in briefly for this:

Eh, at least Crash 4 will keep me busy for a while, that's releasing on the same day the next amiibo wave launches in the rest of the world.

Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Are there any Japanese holidays in October to know of?

Also, in before the next news is actually about Famicom Detective Club's remake. :4pacman: No, seriously, when will that get a release date? It and Bravely Default 2 still aren't getting any.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Its possible that they decided to not work on three characters as usual for this pass and intentionally decreased their workforce, which then got worse with the virus.

The first pass was a year for five characters, and the second one is six characters over two years. Even at the time, that timeline felt strangely extended and long, especially compared to the first pass. Many thought that the Dec 2021 deadline was just an arbitrary date picked, but pass 1 met their Feb deadline only two weeks early. Maybe Dec 2021 is legit.. I think 'dragging' this out was the plan from day one and the virus only impacted that timeline less than we think. Basically, in the no virus timeline, I'd bet you we would still be in the same boat at this time, either still waiting for character 7 or just finding out who they were.

In fact, here's a twisted theory: What if Min Min was the E3 reveal all along and the March Mini Direct was actually them announcing ARMs as character 6 EARLIER than originally planned? We assume 7 was pushed back. What if 6 was actually bumped UP?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Maybe. This has been such an unconventional year that Nintendo bucking precedent to do a Direct on October 1st is something I suppose could happen. I decided to research when Nintendo has done updates to the Parental Controls and there was three times this year:

-A few days before the Indie Direct in March

-The first full week in April

-Shortly before the July partner showcase

I don't know if it means much but I guess I can look into 2017-2019 later today..

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Its possible that they decided to not work on three characters as usual for this pass and intentionally decreased their workforce, which then got worse with the virus.

The first pass was a year for five characters, and the second one is six characters over two years. Even at the time, that timeline felt strangely extended and long, especially compared to the first pass. Many thought that the Dec 2021 deadline was just an arbitrary date picked, but pass 1 met their Feb deadline only two weeks early. Maybe Dec 2021 is legit.. I think 'dragging' this out was the plan from day one and the virus only impacted that timeline less than we think. Basically, in the no virus timeline, I'd bet you we would still be in the same boat at this time, either still waiting for character 7 or just finding out who they were.

In fact, here's a twisted theory: What if Min Min was the E3 reveal all along and the March Mini Direct was actually them announcing ARMs as character 6 EARLIER than originally planned? We assume 7 was pushed back. What if 6 was actually bumped UP?
I don't think it's that bad. During the ARMS presentation, they explicitly stated that they needed to extend the development plan to accommodate for their unique playstyle. Min Min was probably planned to at least be announced in the mini, but got pushed back to CP7's date because Sakurai and the devs were clearly not up to standard yet. In a COVID-less timeline, I bet we'd at least know about CP7 sooner in a full direct, perhaps even months in advance, but the release date would more or less be the same

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Beat me to it but, yeah, I think this means we're bonezoned for Smash news for September. Beyond that, they've never done three tournaments in a row so that really does rule out October 1st too. Welp... Guess we're waiting until October 8th at the earliest...
Mfw 7 months between the reveal of the first character in FP2 & the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom