• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Actually, there is nothing special about a hunter.

Many character use oversized weapons. Many characters use weapons made from materials or pieces of what they kill. Many characters wear stylish armor. Many characters use weapons that have fantasy elements like elemental attacks, explosions, buffs and debuffs or multiple forms. Many characters do bombastic and flashy attacks that aren't even slightly realistic. Many characters have animal companions. Many characters hunt animals and fight things bigger than themselves. Many characters eat a lot of food in one sitting.

There aren't very many action figures possessed by star spirits that fire all manners of bullets and can shoot holy lasers and turn into a cannon. By comparison, a hunter is much less interesting.

In Monster Hunter, it's all about the monsters. Ergo, if a monster can't be a playable character, MH will not get a rep.
"Actually, there is nothing special about Geno.

Many characters can shoot energy bullets. Many characters are possessed by otherworldly forces. Many characters that can buff. Many characters can use light to attack their enemies. Many characters use cannons as their weapons. Many characters are physical manifestations of peoples hopes and dreams, which isn't even slightly realistic. Many characters have human companions. Many characters fight otherworldly forces bigger than themselves. Many characters that aren't used to the nature of the world.

There aren't very many characters that use an insect glaive , change between multiple styles, and a bunch of other weapons, traps, and items, to extract the "essence" of their enemies which can then strengthen themselves for a limited amount of time."

It's like you're trying to create a copy pasta.
There's a difference between having criticism and just being plain rude. You've consistently been the latter for a while now.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
Copypastas?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Geno, is in fact, SMRPG/Geno, or as I've recently taken to calling it, SMRPG plus Geno. Geno is not an game character unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning SMRPG video game made useful by the SMRPG timed hits, item utilities and vital video game components comprising a full RPG as defined by POSIX.

Many gamers play a modified version of the SMRPG video game every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of SMRPG which is widely used today is often called "Geno", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the SMRPG video game, developed by the Square company.

There really is a Geno, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the video game they use. Geno is the kernel: the program in the video game that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you play. The kernel is an essential part of an game character, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating video game. Geno is normally used in combination with the SMRPG operating video game: the whole video game is basically SMRPG with Geno added, or SMRPG/Geno. All the so-called "Geno" distributions are really distributions of SMRPG/Geno.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
You know I think the best solution to arguements about whether or not a character "deserves" to be in Smash should be just to say that you don't like or care for a certain series or character and call it a day. I have rarely ever seen anyone like a series or character and also say they shouldnt be in Smash for "logical" or "objective" reasons. If you don't want the Hunter from MH in Smash (like me), just say that you don't like or care for the character and use your reasons to show why you don't like or care, not as rules or facts. I want Rayman and Crash because I like those characters a lot. I don't want 2B or Reimu because I don't care or like those characters. I can bring up reasons why I don't want them in Smash but I don't try to use my reasons as rules or facts. Everything is subjective.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
By September 22nd, it will mark three months since Min Min's reveal as CP 6 from the Fighters Pass Vol. 2; making it the longest time gap between character reveals in this Smash dlc cycle (correct?). The Fighters Pass Vol. 2 was officially announced on January 16th, 2020, within the Byleth presentation. It's been approximately eight months and the Pass still doesn't have a seller character (by this I mean, a CP that will draw in the most Pass sales rather than individual packs). That all gaming Companies have had to adapt with current circumstances, yes that's true, but COME ON! The Pass at this point ain't selling itself solely on an accumulated "goodwill".

Apologies if I sounded a bit impatient/frustrated. This waiting has just gone a bit out of control. Whatevs. At least tomorrow we get Super Mario 3D All Stars. :denzel:

a random user

Smash Journeyman
No BUT there's supposed to be a couple of other Nintendo/Microsoft announcements on the way that are supposedly tied into Chief's trailer according to three people I talk to. Three different people in my network who likely don't even know each other all basically saying the same things regarding Chief in Smash and why I'm taking it as seriously as I am.
based on old rumor's from before banjo came out i take it these would likely be
halo collection 1-3 on switch
rare replay on switch
and xbox gamepass games playable on switch

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord

Many characters can shoot energy bullets. Many characters are possessed by otherworldly forces. Many characters that can buff. Many characters can use light to attack their enemies. Many characters use cannons as their weapons. Many characters are physical manifestations of peoples hopes and dreams, which isn't even slightly realistic. Many characters have human companions. Many characters fight otherworldly forces bigger than themselves. Many characters that aren't used to the nature of the world.

There aren't very many characters that use an insect glaive , change between multiple styles, and a bunch of other weapons, traps, and items, to extract the "essence" of their enemies which can then strengthen themselves for a limited amount of time."

There's a difference between having criticism and just being plain rude. You've consistently been the latter for a while now.
Don't forget, Many characters are basically living toys.....

...like all of the Smash Cast in the context of Smash Brothers...................at least according to Smash 64 and Melee.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You know I think the best solution to arguements about whether or not a character "deserves" to be in Smash should be just to say that you don't like or care for a certain series or character and call it a day. I have rarely ever seen anyone like a series or character and also say they shouldnt be in Smash for "logical" or "objective" reasons. If you don't want the Hunter from MH in Smash (like me), just say that you don't like or care for the character and use your reasons to show why you don't like or care, not as rules or facts. I want Rayman and Crash because I like those characters a lot. I don't want 2B or Reimu because I don't care or like those characters. I can bring up reasons why I don't want them in Smash but I don't try to use my reasons as rules or facts. Everything is subjective.
Logic?

9105D699-CA8B-46B4-9937-635E3DCF94D5.jpeg

We don’t take kindly to your type ‘round these parts.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
this is some good sfm right here...
Looks like Blender to me if im honest.

I mean, Blender WAS used in some promotional material of Smash 4.

Yes, I worked on the cinematics and the posters for the fourth game in that franchise. I was lucky enough to work on specific yellow and fire-tailed pocketable monsters as well as the silent hero from another beloved Nintendo franchise. All the character were made entirely in Blender, even the texture painting and shape keys. After that, they were exported into Maya and rendered in Vray.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
this gotta be fake, because from this poster, if it were real, it would insinuate crash? i mean you got pacman sonic and mario there. looking confused at something. i mean mario also looks angy like "oh not this guy " XDD
Im not saying it's real. It's clearly fanmade. Im just saying it was made with Blender.

Wouldn't be the first time i saw someone using Blender for a non-commercial purpose.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Decided to look into it and, sure enough, characters announced in the same month basically follow the pattern I mentioned earlier. Like I said earlier, announcements from January through May were predominantly on Tuesdays and Thursdays and in June through August this shifted to Monday and Wednesday. This month has shifted back to Tuesday and Thursday.

-Byleth was announced on a Thursday and released on a Tuesday.

-Min Min was announced on a Monday and was released the following Monday.

We have yet to have a character announced and released in the same week, let alone day, so this means that for Amiibo Theory to go 8 for 8, the next Smash reveal would have to be on the 22nd (a Tuesday) or 24th (a Thursday) and then released on the 29th (a Tuesday). This supports one of three outcomes:

-The 22nd or 24th has a "Sakurai Presents", 7 is simply released on the 29th.

-The 22nd or 24th has a Direct with a Smash reveal, the 29th has a "Sakurai Presents" and 7's release follows.

-The 22nd or 24th has a Direct with a "Sakurai Presents" immediately following, 7 is simply released on the 29th.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
No BUT there's supposed to be a couple of other Nintendo/Microsoft announcements on the way that are supposedly tied into Chief's trailer according to three people I talk to. Three different people in my network who likely don't even know each other all basically saying the same things regarding Chief in Smash and why I'm taking it as seriously as I am.
Have more of the people you talk to come out in favor of him recently? Last I saw you said only one heard about him.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Have more of the people you talk to come out in favor of him recently? Last I saw you said only one heard about him.
Yes, several people in my network have contacted me regarding Chief since mid July, more or less backing up the accounts I gave here. It's one of those things where I'll say something, word gets around, they reach out to me and then we cross check what we have. "You heard Chief too? Here's what I have heard on my end." That sort of thing.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Pretty good direct if I do say so myself.

This has got to be one of the dumbest fan rule-esque arguments that I've seen in a long, long time. Rathalos Armor is super iconic because a lot of times it's seen as the go-to look for the Hunter, it's the look seen in pretty much most of the promotional work; it's literally their most iconic look, and honestly a community symbol. Sure, Rathalos itself is the main flagship of MH; but that doesn't mean that certain Hunter appearances aren't iconic either.

I don't really get what you're trying to get at with that argument that somehow the armor set is iconic, but the Hunter themselves aren't; and that means that somehow the best way to represent MH is through costumes rather than a fighter. It's like arguing that all the Chief/Doomguy popularity originates in their outfits, and the characters themselves aren't iconic, so the best way to represent their series is through a costume (in that it literally makes 0 sense).

And even then, I don't know what you're talking about the "first armor set being more iconic than the hunter", especially because most of the time you decide the hunter's clothes "default" look, and most of the official starting armor sets differ slightly in each game anyways (though I may be wrong on this one, since it's been so long since I started a new file).

Again, MH is definitely focused on the "Monsters", but that doesn't really mean that the Hunter himself isn't an icon either. I mean they don't even start off trailers with monsters anymore, but usually with the hunter and the palico/felyne exploring first (both in World and Rise, along with a couple others).

If the complaint is that MH has no "default" look, like you yourself stated; they tend to go with rathalos armor set in most cases. Kirin armor is also pretty popular in certain crossovers, followed by some of the other flagships. If the complaint is that it's a (mostly) silent character with no defined personality, well we have gotten the Heroes from DQ, and Joker from P5 (who really isn't that silent in Smash), and much like those characters MH also displays a ton of their "personality" through animations. On top of that we have also gotten Byleth, who has much less personality literally. In terms of characters with customization appearances, we have gotten Robin and Corrin; and both of them went with their most popular default appearance; which the equivalent of that would be the Rathalos Armor set.

And the complaint of "they negotiated with the IP in some form before, and it didn't get in as a fighter then; so why would it now", doesn't really work only for MH either. They negotiated for Geno and Mallow spirits during base game, that doesn't mean that Geno has to remain a spirit through FP 2 (hopefully). We don't know what kinds of negotiations occur in the back. For all we know, Nintendo may have wanted to wait until a new mainline MH game came out on the Switch, before it gave them playable representation. Obviously, it's all hypothetical.

And yeah, I find it pretty annoying when people consider a character a "lock" when a game is announced; but most people don't do that. It's only natural a character see's more discussion due to game announcements, and there is nothing wrong with that. Because ultimately, there have always been characters that got into Smash due to recent games; it's a natural part of speculation, and you don't have to tell people to shut up about it.

If we discount the promotional appeal of a character, we may as well ignore other things that factor into Smash as well, so things like fan demand, shouldn't really matter either. But both those things definitely do in some aspects.

So literally all I see you doing in this post, is trying to find any counterarguments to the potential inclusion of Hunter, without really looking from a objective place and considering the things that Hunter does have going for him; which is massive Japanese popularity (both as a series and in terms of Smash), the biggest Capcom series currently, a potentially super unique play style with the likes of traps, felynes, and hunting styles, and multiple upcoming Switch games.

On the other hand, to be fair; let's consider the disadvantages. It's already represented in Smash in some form, and Monster Hunter has always been more about the Monsters than the player (which while being a weak reason to potentially prevent the Hunter from joining, still is a reason), middling international popularity (in terms of Smash).

So all in all, I think MH has a pretty fair shot, not abysmally low like you suggested and likewise not a lock either. I've always said in the Newcomer thread, that the biggest Capcom front runners are Dante and Monster Hunter, and they both have solid things that go in their favor.
Gotta be honest, I didn't read most of this. Well I was gonna be honest, but then I felt that I should read this isn't of being snobby.

The truth is that the monsters are what matters in Monster Hunter. It's in the name: if there weren't monsters, they wouldn't need hunters. You play as a character that is a nameless wonder with a generic 'becoming the local hero' storyline. Hell, as TheCJBrine TheCJBrine as educated me once again, Steve? and Alex are more of characters than the hunter is because they have actual names and are featured by the company as unique characters.

Even NPCs in Monster Hunter are known only by titles and the generation they made the trip. Your handler is known as The Handler, the commander is known as The Commander, even the random hunters walking around are only described by random traits and not having names. Your name also isn't important, as you are forever referred to via your title, which changes into something more important once you become a hero. Steve and Alex have fricking names, but none of these characters do, and you expect the generic avatar character to make it in as playable just because they made the character less generic and gave them the VA of The Handler and stuck them in MvCI? This happened once and for a game that was horribly received.

You know who does have a name though? Rathalos. All the Elder Dragons have names, hell even the generic monsters that you don't even fight have names. Sure, some of them are species names, but I think that is a step above just being labeled by your traits right?

Trying to link this argument to Master Chief or Doomguy is incredibly disingenuous to this argument. There is a different between the person behind the badass gear being iconic and the gear itself being what is iconic. Nobody loves Chief or Doomguy exclusively for their looks: it's who they are as a character, however more or little that may be. This argument makes no sense, as it woudl imply that any fleshed-out character is only loved or iconic based on how they look. Sora is only iconic because of his clown shoes, Joker is only iconic because of his glasses, Mario is only iconic because of his overalls. No, what they are wearing has become iconic because the character is iconic. The Hunter has no personality and it meant to wholly be a self-insert avatar for you to be in the world. There is no character in terms of personality to even be iconic. When you play Halo, the parts you play as Chief of the Arbiter, these are characters that already exist and you are experiencing THEIR story. In MH, you are making up your OWN story as you go along.

Also, did you notice that for both World and Iceborne, it primarily features Rathalos and Velkhana respectively? They are the focus of the art, to draw you in not by the hunters, but by the monster design. Also, I noticed you cannot make out any facial features of the hunters...could that be because there is no main character other than your heavily-customized-insert-me-here avatar?

I used to make the same argument for Steve, but then Steve became his own thing. We would be more likely to get a character from Stories who has a name, face, importance to the lore and is actually a character of their own before having a Hunter in Smash. In other words, it would be smart to consider 'Monster Hunter' in MvCI the actual outlier here rather than thinking it's the pattern; the exception as opposed to the rule.

Also, there is a difference between a PNG shoved into the base game (which, by the way, Geno could have already been negotiated for as a bonus character or for FP2 at that point which is more likely than not when you look at the information we have) and a brand-new AT that is extremely grandiose and also having a boss fight with its own arena. Either the missing costumes will return with a different Capcom rep, or they will return at random like the other Capcom costumes have thus far (which I think is much more likely).

I can be totally wrong, but it feels much more like Capcom had their chance with MH in Smash and it didn't happen.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Gotta be honest, I didn't read most of this. Well I was gonna be honest, but then I felt that I should read this isn't of being snobby.

The truth is that the monsters are what matters in Monster Hunter. It's in the name: if there weren't monsters, they wouldn't need hunters. You play as a character that is a nameless wonder with a generic 'becoming the local hero' storyline. Hell, as TheCJBrine TheCJBrine as educated me once again, Steve? and Alex are more of characters than the hunter is because they have actual names and are featured by the company as unique characters.
UnforgivingKirb.jpeg

This is Villager erasure and I will not stand for it.

And neither will they.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

Jesus, this isn't even effective at all because the list of things you said characters don't do very often isn't even true...oh wait, I see now, that was your point.

Except you failed, because your list is much more overdone in terms of many characters doing those exact same things, while Geno himself is especially unique for the exact reasons I mentioned. Show me another character who is a wooden action figure possessed by a spirit from the star realm that fires lasers and turns into a cannon while firing stars out of it's body.

If you want, I can give you a giant list of character that can do mostly everything a hunter does. Mainly because most of the aspects of a Hunter is very shounen-fantasy-esq so there is a lot to choose from.

I never made an argument about whether Monster Hunter 'deserves a rep' because there is no such thing.

I actually lost my **** when they announced the new Monster Hunter and it pissed me off how people in this thread acted like this Showcase wasn't a big deal just because they have narrow tastes in video games. I can't wait to try on the giant Platypus armor and I'm very much hoping for a new weapon class. I'm so happy they kept changes from World that I think were much needed QoL additions and the Wire Bug seems so much fun I'm sure I'll die a thousand times to monsters I shouldn't just because I'm ****ing around with a rope bug.

Yes, believe it or not, I love Monster Hunter AND don't think they have a shot of getting a character. It is in fact possible, ladies and gents.

So in advance, stop assuming things about people. Every time this thread has assumed anything about me, they have been wrong.

View attachment 285975

And neither will they.

See, this is what I don't get. Villager is that kind of avatar, and yet it seems to be on the same level as Steve in terms of being his own thing due to personality.

Like I said, a Hunter isn't impossible, but they already have the most important thing from Monster Hunter in the game. If Capcom gets a character at all, it's much more likely to be a goofy lawyer or (as much as I hate to admit it) a red-jacket-wearing gore-gloating demon-damning crackhead, but I really think Capcom is sitting this one out.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Decided to look into it and, sure enough, characters announced in the same month basically follow the pattern I mentioned earlier. Like I said earlier, announcements from January through May were predominantly on Tuesdays and Thursdays and in June through August this shifted to Monday and Wednesday. This month has shifted back to Tuesday and Thursday.

-Byleth was announced on a Thursday and released on a Tuesday.

-Min Min was announced on a Monday and was released the following Monday.

We have yet to have a character announced and released in the same week, let alone day, so this means that for Amiibo Theory to go 8 for 8, the next Smash reveal would have to be on the 22nd (a Tuesday) or 24th (a Thursday) and then released on the 29th (a Tuesday). This supports one of three outcomes:

-The 22nd or 24th has a "Sakurai Presents", 7 is simply released on the 29th.

-The 22nd or 24th has a Direct with a Smash reveal, the 29th has a "Sakurai Presents" and 7's release follows.

-The 22nd or 24th has a Direct with a "Sakurai Presents" immediately following, 7 is simply released on the 29th.
Both days coincidentally also are close to if not before the Tokyo Game Show

a random user

Smash Journeyman
I'm very much hoping for a new weapon class. I'm so happy they kept changes from World that I think were much needed QoL additions and the Wire Bug seems so much fun I'm sure I'll die a thousand times to monsters I shouldn't just because I'm ****ing around with a rope bug.
isn't the ball and chain looking weapon being slung around at 2:18 a new weapon, i don't remember ever seeing a weapon like it before

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I have no idea if the Monster Hunter is DLC, but I'd be shocked if at the very least we didn't get the MH and Rathalos Mii Costumes coming back in the next six months.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Jesus, this isn't even effective at all because the list of things you said characters don't do very often isn't even true...oh wait, I see now, that was your point.

Except you failed, because your list is much more overdone in terms of many characters doing those exact same things, while Geno himself is especially unique for the exact reasons I mentioned. Show me another character who is a wooden action figure possessed by a spirit from the star realm that fires lasers and turns into a cannon while firing stars out of it's body.

If you want, I can give you a giant list of character that can do mostly everything a hunter does. Mainly because most of the aspects of a Hunter is very shounen-fantasy-esq so there is a lot to choose from.

I never made an argument about whether Monster Hunter 'deserves a rep' because there is no such thing.

I actually lost my **** when they announced the new Monster Hunter and it pissed me off how people in this thread acted like this Showcase wasn't a big deal just because they have narrow tastes in video games. I can't wait to try on the giant Platypus armor and I'm very much hoping for a new weapon class. I'm so happy they kept changes from World that I think were much needed QoL additions and the Wire Bug seems so much fun I'm sure I'll die a thousand times to monsters I shouldn't just because I'm ****ing around with a rope bug.

Yes, believe it or not, I love Monster Hunter AND don't think they have a shot of getting a character. It is in fact possible, ladies and gents.

So in advance, stop assuming things about people. Every time this thread has assumed anything about me, they have been wrong.

See, this is what I don't get. Villager is that kind of avatar, and yet it seems to be on the same level as Steve in terms of being his own thing due to personality.

Like I said, a Hunter isn't impossible, but they already have the most important thing from Monster Hunter in the game. If Capcom gets a character at all, it's much more likely to be a goofy lawyer or (as much as I hate to admit it) a red-jacket-wearing gore-gloating demon-damning crackhead, but I really think Capcom is sitting this one out.
I really like to read your arguments because I like when people take the time out to write out responses. But I gotta say, I can never tell if you're wording is trying to come off as aggressive, snarky, condescending, or a mix of all three. That's not a slight towards you, trust me, I think you're a cool dude. You just have a very straightforward "your argument is **** and here's why" kind of writing style, and I'm curious to understand your motives when responding in arguments.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I really like to read your arguments because I like when people take the time out to write out responses. But I gotta say, I can never tell if you're wording is trying to come off as aggressive, snarky, condescending, or a mix of all three. That's not a slight towards you, trust me, I think you're a cool dude. You just have a very straightforward "your argument is **** and here's why" kind of writing style, and I'm curious to understand your motives when responding in arguments.
It depends on the presented argument, honestly.

If you just want to debate, normally there is no tone other than neutral sarcasm and general humor.

If you try to be snarky, I'll deal back snarky. If you insult me, I'll do my best to make you look dumb without insulting you back.

I have conversations with people who disagree with me all the time and no one yells or acts like a ****lord to one another, but occasionally it is hard not to be condescending depending on the person you are conversing with. Honestly I think Smash debates bring out the worst in my attitude mainly because I've seen it all already and it keeps coming back in new forms, like 'Title on Switch = Character In Smash' or 'This next presentation can't be good because I like good things and Nintendo is evil so they will never announce them' keeps reappearing and I'm sitting here wondering how many times I have to point out the flaws in the same argument.

It's like Happy Death Day, except instead of trying to find out who killed me, I'm trying to permanently remove flawed arguments from Smash speculation, and I keep waking up to the same argument with a new face.

EDIT: The phrase 'you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig' very much applies to the arguments being the same with new characters of faces attached to them.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
View attachment 285975

And neither will they.
Villager isn't quite the same as Steve and Alex; while the #1 shirt and pink girl villagers seem to be somewhat common in promotion stuff (though aren't on the box art much anymore), Nintendo still seems to use a bunch of different villagers to focus on in trailers and stuff (like how the #1 shirt and pink girl villagers just made an appearance among the other girl villager's friends in the NH trailer), while Steve and Alex are always the main characters for maingame trailers, and seem to get more merch and stuff too.

Villager's personality is also shared with the others, and while Steve and Alex don't have much personality aside from some official animations, videos and newer trailers, they at least are defined a little, being friends of each other and, according to a Lego Club magazine, Steve is a builder, miner, and alchemist, while Alex is also a builder as well as a hunter and explorer. They seem to be similar to Red from Pokémon in that regard, I don't recall him being very defined aside from always being silent and confident, besides his usual Pokémon team.

Although I do like the Villagers and like how they play in Smash. I guess at least those two are kinda used like their own characters tbh, even without names.

Last edited:

Kritter

Smash Cadet
For anyone interested, Nintendo Life aired their Nintendo indie's "Direct" just a few minutes ago, in case anyone's interested.

Thanks for the reminder about this. But can anyone explain it to me? I thought NintendoLife was a random Youtube channel. How did he get to make this? Did he organize it himself? Is it endorsed by Nintendo? It came out of the blue for me. Thanks to anyone who can explain.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
It depends on the presented argument, honestly.

If you just want to debate, normally there is no tone other than neutral sarcasm and general humor.

If you try to be snarky, I'll deal back snarky. If you insult me, I'll do my best to make you look dumb without insulting you back.

I have conversations with people who disagree with me all the time and no one yells or acts like a ****lord to one another, but occasionally it is hard not to be condescending depending on the person you are conversing with. Honestly I think Smash debates bring out the worst in my attitude mainly because I've seen it all already and it keeps coming back in new forms, like 'Title on Switch = Character In Smash' or 'This next presentation can't be good because I like good things and Nintendo is evil so they will never announce them' keeps reappearing and I'm sitting here wondering how many times I have to point out the flaws in the same argument.

It's like Happy Death Day, except instead of trying to find out who killed me, I'm trying to permanently remove flawed arguments from Smash speculation, and I keep waking up to the same argument with a new face.

EDIT: The phrase 'you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig' very much applies to the arguments being the same with new characters of faces attached to them.
Makes sense to me! I look forward to seeing you debate in the future, and I genuinely mean that. I'm not much of a debate guy myself, but I love watching two people passionate in a subject go at it.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Villager isn't quite the same as Steve and Alex; while the #1 shirt and pink girl villagers seem to be somewhat common in promotion stuff (though aren't on the box art much anymore), Nintendo still seems to use a bunch of different villagers to focus on in trailers and stuff (like how the #1 shirt and pink girl villagers just made an appearance among the other girl villager's friends in the NH trailer), while Steve and Alex are always the main characters for maingame trailers, and seem to get more merch and stuff too.

Villager's personality is also shared with the others, and while Steve and Alex don't have much personality aside from some official animations, videos and newer trailers, they at least are defined a little, being friends of each other and, according to a Lego Club magazine, Steve is a builder, miner, and alchemist, while Alex is also a builder as well as a hunter and explorer. They seem to be similar to Red from Pokémon in that regard, I don't recall him being very defined aside from always being silent and confident, besides his usual Pokémon team.

Although I do like the Villagers and like how they play in Smash. I guess at least those two are kinda used like their own characters tbh, even without names.
To be fair, just because they're not very defines as a character in their home game doesn't mean Smash can't give them a character. I'm sure they could whip something up out of the various emotes.

Either way I was only half-arguing anyways, though I'm sure Kirby declaring he won't forgive you while the symbols for "Menacing" surround him would kinda give off that impression.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
isn't the ball and chain looking weapon being slung around at 2:18 a new weapon, i don't remember ever seeing a weapon like it before
that was the wirebug used in an attack. they covered that in the direct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom