• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
We don't even know alot of the titles on PS Collection, and it's no additional charge. So it's half the price of Gamepass with already a good line-up to rival it,
  • God of War
  • The Last of Us: Remastered
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
  • Battlefield 1
  • Monster Hunter World
  • Fallout 4
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • The Last Guardian
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Infamous: Second Son
  • Days Gone
  • Bloodborne
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Batman Arkham Knight
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Persona 5
  • Until Dawn
  • Resident Evil: Biohazard
I'm not really seeing a few titles being Crossgen as a negative, they're still Playstation exclusives. Fair enough that Demon Souls is on PC (are we POSITIVE this isn't a marketing error? they didn't say PC in the presentation like they did for the other games on PC, and it's a Sony published game.) but it's still not on Xbox. Seriously, if you want to talk "no-games", what the HELL does Xbox have?

EDIT: They privated the Demon Souls video, its a mistake.
Xbox has no games and PS is going down the same path as them. The era of non-Nintendo exclusives is coming to an end.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
You know, we never DID rule out a Monster Hunter character did we. I've been leaning more towards Dante as the seemingly inevitable Capcom rep but it's not like Monster Hunter doesn't have plenty going for it.
  • Giant Franchise, both in Japan for many years and worldwide with World (huh). Literally the best selling Capcom game ever.
  • Supposedly has a new (mainline?) Switch game coming soon, according to people like Shinobi
  • Mii Costumes are still missing, despite Rathalos being a boss in the main-game. If it's a point for Geno, I don't see why it isn't a point for them (less strongly since Geno has the whole "No returning costumes with Square despite being a Square character" deal, but still)
Really the only thing pointing against it is the fact the Monster Hunter team seems kinda conflicted about wanting the Hunters in fighting games, and flat out refused to let a Hunter in MVC3, but they let the armor sets show up in Smash and did let the Hunter in Infinite so who knows. If Nintendo wanted it, they'd probably get it. At the very least I'd argue they have as much going for them as Dante does.
I'm definitely thinking it's a possibility for the reasons you say, absolutely. I DO say that yes, if Geno's missing Mii costume is a point for Geno, why not Monster Hunter?

Monster Hunter is like, another Dragon Quest level hit among Japan. Plus I mean, we have two Monster Hunter musics, a boss/assist trophy, and even the Ancestral Steppe (?) as a stage where you fight said boss. The only thing missing is a Fighter and a series logo.

Plus a Monster Hunter Spirit Board is like... something you could do a TON with.

ALSO. If we wanna get SUPER CONSPIRACY THEORIST in a way that may point to nothing at all.

Crude Hunter.jpg

IF... gigantic if, IF Daisy Glitch is meant to have been them testing something for some character (see some papagenos papagenos videos for more on that), then.... MAYBE? Particularly in regards to the Rathalos armor, the Mii Costume of which is still missing.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Xbox has no games and PS is going down the same path as them. The era of non-Nintendo exclusives is coming to an end.
Because they chose to put ONE GAME on PC and are making a few titles cross-gen at the start of the generation? Please, Sony's clear focus is still on exclusives, that much is clear with stuff like God of War 2. Hell, Demon Souls is probably exclusive if it was indeed a marketing error, and it IS still a Launch Title. Again, better than the NOTHING Xbox has.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Basically Nintendo told a metaphorical room full of the people that regularly invest huge sums of money in them that their key strategy until 2023 is to expand the appeal and influence of their existing IPs (characters, franchises, etc) by not only significantly expanding on merchandise and media based on them, but ultimately tying these into BRAND NEW GAMES. For example, relevant to your personal interests, this could mean stuff like Advance Wars shirts, comic books, and mobile games but the key purpose of this, according to Nintendo, is to get people attached to the actual games in the series. This is a HUGE deal and basically confirms what I've been hearing on my end since last summer: Nintendo not only wants to experiment with it's popular franchises but also wants to try to revive a ton of their less popular and even "dead" franchises.
Oh I see. I fully expect Nintendo to revive a handful of their IP's given trademark happenings so that's good to hear from the company itself.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
Yep, we've got til the end of the month
It just occurred to me that the next Sakurai Presentation video, besides showing off the new fighter (very hopefully Geno!) we'll also see the newer Amiibo's revealed to! So a Banjo-Kazooie & Terry amiibo and maybe ones of the other Hero variants if they decide to do that!

And a side tangent, how are we all feeling about the PS5 presentation & price drops? On the one hand I'm leaning towards the digital version since that seems better price wise, but on the other hand the regular version will likely play Blu-Ray movie discs as well & I was thinking of getting that and then give my older console as a hand me down to someone in my family so they can use it to play movies to.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
pinshadow pinshadow and UltimateCyborgOverlord UltimateCyborgOverlord Yeah, even if I think Dante is by far the Most Likely Capcom Rep, I think that a MH Rep is a Underrated idea (Some people say "But Byleth has moves that could be used in the Hunter" even that MH has a ton of weapons for where pull from). As Cyborg is saying is just a big series, not only in Japan, but gaming in general. Imo by far Lloyd, Hunter and Geno are the weirdest Mii Costume ommisions. Tbh I would be Ok with the idea

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
Because they chose to put ONE GAME on PC and are making a few titles cross-gen at the start of the generation? Please, Sony's clear focus is still on exclusives, that much is clear with stuff like God of War 2. Hell, Demon Souls is probably exclusive if it was indeed a marketing error, and it IS still a Launch Title. Again, better than the NOTHING Xbox has.
First Stage, Denial

pinshadow

Smash Lord
First Stage, Denial
I'm not the one jumping to baseless conclusions. None of the first party games Sony announced in the showcase are coming to PC. I don't know why you are suddenly expecting the entire Sony library to jump to PC because they released one game on PC 3 years after it released.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oh I see. I fully expect Nintendo to revive a handful of their IP's given trademark happenings so that's good to hear from the company itself.
I know you personally messaged me about the legitimacy of Advance Wars mobile game rumors back in January so, if those rumors are true, Nintendo very heavily implied in the investors meeting that it would be tied to new Advance Wars games (even if they were rereleases or remakes). Pretty nuts considering the staggering number of B tier and dead franchises that currently have rumors about them. Now it's just a matter of NINTENDO ACTUALLY ANNOUNCING THEM! FREE ME FROM THIS CURSE, NINTENDO!

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I'm definitely thinking it's a possibility for the reasons you say, absolutely. I DO say that yes, if Geno's missing Mii costume is a point for Geno, why not Monster Hunter?

Monster Hunter is like, another Dragon Quest level hit among Japan. Plus I mean, we have two Monster Hunter musics, a boss/assist trophy, and even the Ancestral Steppe (?) as a stage where you fight said boss. The only thing missing is a Fighter and a series logo.

Plus a Monster Hunter Spirit Board is like... something you could do a TON with.

ALSO. If we wanna get SUPER CONSPIRACY THEORIST in a way that may point to nothing at all.

View attachment 285788

IF... gigantic if, IF Daisy Glitch is meant to have been them testing something for some character (see some papagenos papagenos videos for more on that), then.... MAYBE? Particularly in regards to the Rathalos armor, the Mii Costume of which is still missing.
You know, that’s actually not a bad theory RE: Daisy Glitch, I don’t think we ever did get that one solved.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , am I correct in remembering that you or someone else did a theorycraft on Daisy Glitch and it pointed either to a plus for Geno or to a particular type of character? Trying to think now but I can’t remember who or where it was in the thread.

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
I'm not the one jumping to baseless conclusions. None of the first party games Sony announced in the showcase are coming to PC. I don't know why you are suddenly expecting the entire Sony library to jump to PC because they released one game on PC 3 years after it released.
Because they said they want to do so themselves. And now even Demon's Souls (which is fully First-Party) is coming to PC.
It's inevitable. Forbidden West (also on PS4) is a lock for PC, and it is safe to expect other First-Party exclusives to get the same treatment as Demon's Souls.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Because they said they want to do so themselves. And now even Demon's Souls (which is fully First-Party) is coming to PC.
It's inevitable. Forbidden West (also on PS4) is a lock for PC, and it is safe to expect other First-Party exclusives to get the same treatment as Demon's Souls.
Did you miss the part where they just TOOK DOWN THE TRAILER? It's clearly an error dude. It also mentioned other consoles, is Sony going to publish a game on Xbox? Of course not.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You know, that’s actually not a bad theory RE: Daisy Glitch, I don’t think we ever did get that one solved.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , am I correct in remembering that you or someone else did a theorycraft on Daisy Glitch and it pointed either to a plus for Geno or to a particular type of character? Trying to think now but I can’t remember who or where it was in the thread.
I did (and then got dragged outside this thread for it by the usual 'has to attend a yearly weekend class to relearn how to breath out of their nose' crowd).

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
Did you miss the part where they just TOOK DOWN THE TRAILER? It's clearly an error dude. It also mentioned other consoles, is Sony going to publish a game on Xbox? Of course not.
Yeah sure, just like Death Stranding...

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Yeah sure, just like Death Stranding...
Which was never a first party game, Sony just distributed it? And they said upfront it was coming to PC in like 2015? Compared to this, where despite Sony clarifying stuff about Horizon, Sackboy, and Miles being PS4 games as well, they've said NOTHING about Demon Souls being on PC, save for one uploaded trailer that was taken down?

Edit: THERE IT IS, PS5 EXCLUSIVE.

Last edited:

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the wait and see approach is best for tomorrow knowing how the previous Partner Showcases went. Also, ouch Microsoft is getting boned.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
If it wasn't for that 'partner' word, everything else right now has the typical air of a General Direct. Its just that one word stopping my hype.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The amiibos release in just 9 days from now in Japan and Europe, there has to be an update of some kind soon, and FP7 releasing around that time frame makes more sense than not

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
If I'm being completely forthright, while there are some games on the PS5 that are interesting to me, a lot of the AAA gaming scene (especially on Sony and Microsoft) has generally moved away from the types of games I'm interested in. Its generally the indie scene that's really been getting my attention these days and I've looked to that more and more for spiritual successors to the kind of games I've liked in the past that have disappeared.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Which was never a first party game, Sony just distributed it? And they said upfront it was coming to PC in like 2015? Compared to this, where despite Sony clarifying stuff about Horizon, Sackboy, and Miles being PS4 games as well, they've said NOTHING about Demon Souls being on PC, save for one uploaded trailer that was taken down?

J. Bond J. Bond Waiting for your post where you admit you were wrong.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Today in Square Enix news, this apparently leaked:

Final Fantasy 7 and 8 were sold as a physical combo in Asia but apparently Larry the inept intern struck again and it's going to be announced internationally soon. Man, Square Enix is really dedicated to putting out PHYSICAL VERSIONS of their CLASSIC GAMES on the NINTENDO SWITCH HOME VIDEO GAME CONSOLE, isn't it?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

Final Fantasy 7 and 8 were sold as a physical combo in Asia but apparently Larry the inept intern struck again and it's going to be announced internationally soon. Man, Square Enix is really dedicated to putting out PHYSICAL VERSIONS of their CLASSIC GAMES on the NINTENDO SWITCH HOME VIDEO GAME CONSOLE, isn't it?
Aww man, that's really cool but I guarantee now this will be the Square announcement tomorrow and not anything else of note.

Welp, the wait continues my bros.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Well, um... You see... Excuse me a moment...

"Of course."

View attachment 285751

(Yawn) What a day. It's 10am and I'm pooped.

"Yes, waiting for Smash news has been exhaust...Good Lord what's happening on Thursday?!?"

A hype worthy Partner Direct?

"A... a hype worthy Partner Direct? At this time of year, at that time of day, being hyped by all the same insiders that hyped the last two?!?"

Yes!

"...can I know how long it is?"

No.
FATMAN!!!! THE THREAD IS ON FIRE!!!!!! D=

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Aww man, that's really cool but I guarantee now this will be the Square announcement tomorrow and not anything else of note.

Welp, the wait continues my bros.
I'm kind of hoping at this point for literally ONE of the rumored third party/indie collabs tomorrow because, now that I think about it, it's a little weird to me how Nintendo dedicated this last investor meeting to telling people that they're launching a three year, phat ass plan to significantly expand their existing IPs with a primary focus on brand new Switch games and then literally announced this presentation at the very end once they stopped gyrating their arms and panting.

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman

J. Bond J. Bond Waiting for your post where you admit you were wrong.
Nah I wasn't, as I said same **** that happened with Death Stranding.

TangyKeys

Smash Cadet

Mfw I bought FF7 digitally a few years ago and thought they weren't going to make a physical release:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Sorry I've been lurking, I've been working on a novel lol. It's close to done tho and should be out next year 👍

Anyway, excited about tomorrow. I know we're almost definitely not getting Smash news but it seems like SOMETHING of interest might happen?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Nah I wasn't, as I said same **** that happened with Death Stranding.
Even though that game was always meant to come to PC and was only ever distributed by Sony, compared to Demon Souls which is fully owned by them? Just admit it was an error, it even mentioned other consoles, come on.
Unless Super Mario RPG is coming to the Playstation 5, this conversation seems better suited for a social thread, private messages, or the Playstation thread in the gaming subforum.

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
Off-topic
Even though that game was always meant to come to PC and was only ever distributed by Sony, compared to Demon Souls which is fully owned by them? Just admit it was an error, it even mentioned other consoles, come on.
Sony advertised it as a full PS4 exclusive

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sorry I've been lurking, I've been working on a novel lol. It's close to done tho and should be out next year 👍

Anyway, excited about tomorrow. I know we're almost definitely not getting Smash news but it seems like SOMETHING of interest might happen?
Basically the good word right now is, yeah, don't expect Smash in the Partner showcase BUT some people winky-winky-wooed at me this morning that other major Nintendo announcements could happen literally as soon as right after the Partner showcase. Because Nintendo weirdly decided to do the Partner this week instead of the last full week of the month like they have been, it potentially suggests they have something planned for next week too. Either way, TGS is going to have hour long livestreams of almost every major game company next weekend so, even if we get bonezoned Smash wise, the gaming news should flow good and plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom