• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MashedPotatoUltimate

Smash Apprentice
Imma go into this partner show are cautiously optimistic and say it’s possible we get a Mario RPG announcement here with square Enix being a partner after all

Regardless if it’s Mario RPG or not I have no idea why it’s being live-streamed but it has to be something big if they didn’t even livestream SMTV’s announcement back in the first partner showcase

Griselda

Smash Lord
I'm not really sure if I expect anything SMRPG-related. I mean, sure, we win either way if Geno comes back in a SMRPG sequel or remake, but things still seem to be pointing towards him being in Smash, don't they? I'd think it'd be pretty weird to reveal a sequel/remake and not also reveal him in Smash at the same time.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
I mean we’ve been burned by these Partner Showcases before, I’d reign in the expectations myself, personally.

I’m expecting nothing more than a reveal of only one of the following: Monster Hunter, Bravely Default, or Bayonaise 3.

But will obviously be pleasantly surprised by SMRPG if it shows up. I’m just really not expecting it.

Last edited:

Snoop_nogg

Smash Apprentice
The fact that it's livestreamed, announced over a day in advance instead of shadow dropped, has me cautiously optimistic. I doubt we'll get FP7 or more first party stuff, but I think there will be something cool in this.

My guess is any new first party announcements will just get shadow dropped over the next few weeks. They seem to be spreading out their first party news.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
All that talk of Monster Hunter and that this will be livestreamed makes me wonder if MH is potentially the next Smash reveal.

Yes, yes, I know, 'Not everything is Smash related,' but by God they HAVE to break and reveal the next character SOMEDAY, right?

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Everybody Rn seeing that we will wait more: https://youtu.be/knmguftL4ac (Tbh now I am expecting either the Really last second of September or sometime in october). Well stop joking there are 2 things I want to point out:
-This one is gonna be broadcasted instead of shadowdroped and was announced one day in advance for some reason
-Nintendo haven't clarified how long it will be....

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A lot of insiders are now suddenly teasing that this Partner is supposed to be a big deal and I certainly believe that given Nintendo technically gave two days notice on it. I've also had a couple of people within my network pull my ear this morning and suggest there's potentially going to be major announcements immediately following the presentation too so I think people need to put aside their butthurt about the first two and pay attention to this one.

Beyond that, since March, Nintendo has been pretty consistent with late month major announcements. March had the mini, June had Min Min and Pokemon, and July and August had Partners. The fact that the Partner isn't a late month presentation makes me think that Nintendo probably has "something" planned for next week given Nintendo choosing the last full week of the month seems to be deliberate. The fact this lines up with TGS this year makes it even more interesting given how a good number of their "partners" are having hour long presentations starting next Thursday. That said, we could be in for two very eventful weeks back to back.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Still, these partner showcases usually last for 10-15 mins. So IDK if it will last longer
Depends on the region. The first was marked at 10 minutes. The Western feed was only 8 and the Japanese one was 12, and the Japanese one had more games.

That was a bad one. They acted as though they never did a Direct before.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
A lot of insiders are now suddenly teasing that this Partner is supposed to be a big deal and I certainly believe that given Nintendo technically gave two days notice on it. I've also had a couple of people within my network pull my ear this morning and suggest there's potentially going to be major announcements immediately following the presentation too so I think people need to put aside their butthurt about the first two and pay attention to this one.

Beyond that, since March, Nintendo has been pretty consistent with late month major announcements. March had the mini, June had Min Min and Pokemon, and July and August had Partners. The fact that the Partner isn't a late month presentation makes me think that Nintendo probably has "something" planned for next week given Nintendo choosing the last full week of the month seems to be deliberate. The fact this lines up with TGS this year makes it even more interesting given how a good number of their "partners" are having hour long presentations starting next Thursday. That said, we could be in for two very eventful weeks back to back.
Ah yes. Ya'll remember the surprise reveal of Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity not long ago? Koei Tecmo will be showcasing gameplay of it during TGS. Also, other third parties (a.k.a., partners) that will be showcasing stuff during TGS include the likes of Square Enix, Microsoft, and Bandai Namco.

Now, what if in tomorrow's Partner Showcase, we'll see some goodies by Square Enix, Microsoft, and Bandai Namco, that may later get showcased further during TGS (SMRPG remake/sequel, Master Chief Collection, KLONOA)? :denzel:

EDIT: Oh, and how could I forget. The fact that the Partner Showcase has been announced with some time before it goes live, gives time for reaction channels to be on the ready. Hmm. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
The fact this Partner Showcase is being live streamed is definitely noteworthy, and the fact it could be longer than 20 minutes might make it a big deal as far as content goes. We shall see what tomorrow brings

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Thinking about it some more, besides MH we also got that one tweet, I think by Nate Drake? right after NMH3 was delayed that a notice about Bravely Default was probably not far behind, so we could be seeing it in the direct, even if briefly, to announce a delay.

Some smoke was thrown up for Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered today too because it appeared on a Portuguese retailer for X1/PS4/Switch per ResetEra (https://www.resetera.com/threads/ma...-possibly-releasing-soon.265716/post-45492149). I have my doubts that EA would necessarily reveal it in a Nintendo Direct first when it’s cross-platform, and people in the ResetEra thread are saying that it was already stated by Jeff Grubb to not be coming to Switch (either at all or at launch, not sure), but with the Switch listing showing up right before a Partners Direct, there’s definitely a non-zero chance that it could make an appearance tomorrow, especially if this one is a huge deal and has higher-profile announcements as Fatman mentioned.

EDIT: Also, Bayo 3 news could come at any time, there was a leak for Ninja Gaiden Sigma which could appear at any time, there’s a possibility we get Hollow Knight Silksong info here instead of an Indie Direct since the series has become so big now. With Cadence Of Hyrule being in the first Partners Direct, those other Indie-developed Nintendo games could also possibly be revealed here.

There’s plenty that we have knowledge of existing that could show up, and that’s not even including the things we don’t know about.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Even though an SMRPG remake sounds incredibly unlikely, especially getting shown off at this Partner's Showcase. Its still really fun and exciting to talk about and if this was indeed all we got with no Geno in Smash, then I would consider this a win in my book, since the goal at the end of the day is to bring back Geno to the overall Mario franchise.

Still, I'm gonna remain cautiously optimistic. These Partner's Showcases have ranged from very mediocre to downright atrocious. At the very least, I'm hoping Crash 4 gets revealed for Switch here since I am still eagerly waiting for the Switch version.

D

Deleted member

Part of me wonders "how ****ed are we if Super Mario RPG shows up in this Partner", but the other half of me knows that, like the indie directs and the previous partners, Nintendo knows that if they show off something like that, they're going to absolutely murder any other announcement in the whole show.

We don't have anything to worry about regarding this direct, but I think it'll be better than the last two by a country mile.

Firox

Smash Master
We don't have anything to worry about regarding this direct, but I think it'll be better than the last two by a country mile.
I sure as heck hope so. There seems to be several factors indicating that this Partner showcase will be better than the last two but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Fingers crossed! Geno forever, baby!

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
It will be interesting to see what happens next week. Many are saying a Sakurai Presents isn't likely given the TGS, but there were also people doubting a showcase this week due to the build for 3D Mario All Stars. The major first party games for the rest of the year are pretty much announced, the partner showcase will cover third parties, and we're still ways off from another Indie Direct. Smash could very easily be the big news for that week, especially given Amiibo theory.

Firox

Smash Master
Unconfirmed amount of time
Announced almost 2 days in advance
Live streamed
In September
Normal Direct time

If they didn't call this a Partner, people would be loosing their minds now as this has all the hallmarks of a normal Direct.
I want to be optimistic but I still can't shake the feeling that we're going to get something on par with chibi WWE smackdown and nothing else. Nintendo has an unparalleled skill for building up hype only to face plant in epic fashion.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
The tweet in question...
I'm curious... but I'm still keeping my expectations low.
Following up on Grubb's tweet,

Again; it was announced a good amount of time prior to going live, thus giving streamers/YouTubers time to prep for a reaction. In addition to that we got TGS coming up next week, which could serve as a showcase platform for potential reveals. Oh, and Nintendo Life will also be holding an indie showcase tomorrow as well as part of PAX West 2020 (might include some games from the partner showcase but, I'm hoping more that the partner mini announces titles that may be further showcased in TGS). Has the time finally come?

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Although the partner directs have been boring so far in my opinion, if the character is a third party I wouldn’t be surprised if a reveal trailer showed up

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they also say that about the first two? I remember insiders hyping up the first Partner Showcase, at least, only to do a complete 180 a few hours before it actually aired.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Welcome to the thread! Always great to see new faces here! To your left @MisterMike will give you your complementary Geno hat, on the left @QQS will give you your daily dose of much needed Geno optimism and positivity, and in the middle at that tomato field is Fatmanonice Fatmanonice theory-crafting away as to try and not go insane from Nintendo's weirdness (as we all are).

Glad you're here on this journey with the thread that will hopefully see its purpose fulfilled soon! (P.S.: I like your name and profile picture. It is quite simple, but that's what I like about it!)
And I'm the one who will give you a good whack with the full force of a pulsating rod if you get too out of line with your pessimism at any point. :4pacman:

Speaking of which, you all should be going into this with your chins up. No reason to be negative, even if the previous Partner Showcases have been kinda meh. It's more about being hopeful about the possibilities on this Showcase rather than being downtrodden by staring at the memories of the past two.

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
Kind of weird that it's going to be live streamed, considering the previous partner showcases were just plopped on the channel. It's likely they realized that shadowdropping these videos do more harm than good.

Firox

Smash Master
Although the partner directs have been boring so far in my opinion, if the character is a third party I wouldn’t be surprised if a reveal trailer showed up
I would go absolutely nuts if the direct where to end with the unveiling of SMRPG remake.....and then you see the Smash trailer start....

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
What's with the confidence for Monster Hunter? Is there something in the pipeline saying MH is getting something else for Switch? Is it a World port or expected to be something new?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I'm awfully suspicious that this upcoming Partner Showcase wasn't shadow dropped. Not getting my hopes up too high, but there could be something there for at least some of us to be excited about.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What's with the confidence for Monster Hunter? Is there something in the pipeline saying MH is getting something else for Switch? Is it a World port or expected to be something new?
Shinobi, the guy who hinted at Banjo & Kazooie in Smash and has a perfect track record with his leaks, said something about MH on Switch.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they also say that about the first two? I remember insiders hyping up the first Partner Showcase, at least, only to do a complete 180 hours before it actually aired.
Well, um... You see... Excuse me a moment...

"Of course."

download (7).jpeg

(Yawn) What a day. It's 10am and I'm pooped.

"Yes, waiting for Smash news has been exhaust...Good Lord what's happening on Thursday?!?"

A hype worthy Partner Direct?

"A... a hype worthy Partner Direct? At this time of year, at that time of day, being hyped by all the same insiders that hyped the last two?!?"

Yes!

"...can I know how long it is?"

No.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Nintendo just announced a partner live stream in the middle of the night/morning/afternoon.

What a time we live in.

EDIT: It is also weird that there is no approximate time for this. Still expect only 8 minutes, but I would be down for 9 minutes of content! :4pacman:

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
We'll find out for sure by 10 a.m. cst if there's anything substantial, but the fact it's being live streamed tells me they want to have the reactions for something big unlike the last two

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
85% of this thread: "Oh dum dee doo, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic because if I don't get what I want I need to be in an already accepting mood to handle it instead of just accepting it later."

Me, every time anything for Nintendo is announced:

View attachment 285755
Takes out vuvuzuelas, air horns, CUBE AMP with electric guitar, and megaphone

GENO BROS! ARE Y'ALL READY TO GET HYPED?!?!

silence

I SAID, GENO BROS! ARE Y'ALL READY TO GET HYPED?!?!?!?!?!?!

RichaadEB along with Jonny Atma come in shredding Forest Maze cover

Geno Bros: "YEEEEEEEEEAAAH!!!!!!!"

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What's interesting about all this is that it's a Partner but they're treating it like a General Direct or Direct for a major game:

-Technically 2 days notice so they want people to be ready and watching

-Livestreamed to avoid spoilers

-They're holding off on saying how long it is (something something my wedding night something something)

At the very least it's being treated like a big deal and the last time Nintendo did this was for Min Min and the Pokemon presentations in June. It could ultimately wind up disappointing but they're definitely doing a lot to hype it up (something something my wedding night something something).

MattX20

Smash Hero
What's interesting about all this is that it's a Partner but they're treating it like a General Direct or Direct for a major game:

-Technically 2 days notice so they want people to be ready and watching

-Livestreamed to avoid spoilers

-They're holding off on saying how long it is (something something my wedding night something something)

At the very least it's being treated like a big deal and the last time Nintendo did this was for Min Min and the Pokemon presentations in June. It could ultimately wind up disappointing but they're definitely doing a lot to hype it up (something something my wedding night something something).
For all we know, they could announce when the next Smash reveal is after the presentation is over and they don't want it spoiled right away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom