• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colors

Smash Rookie
Greetings!

Short time lurker, first time poster.

I've always been interested in Geno being accepted into Smash and I'm really interested in just absorbing every materiel that points to his inclusion. Same for any other character, really, but Geno is certainly my most wanted. Reading and listening to spoilers / leaks is part of my daily ritual, and I've grown quite attached to following this thread over the last few weeks. I really appreciate the lot of you compiling every sliver of data that may point to possible Directs and release dates, just seeing everyone connect all the dots and collaborate has been very fun and enjoyable to read.

I'm not sure if I'll ever have anything constructive to add to a conversation, but all the suggestive evidence and discussions were finally enough to make me create an account here, so here I am! I want to join in the hype train, whether it takes us to Star Road or we inevitably crash & burn.

I look forward to talking more on here!

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Actually, Wavedashing was secretly part of Melee's mechanics. Watch this video to understand:

Nobody is talking about Wavedashing? It's not like it was patched out of PAL. We're referring to stuff like Falco's DAIR not spiking on the weak hit and Sheik D-Throw followups being way less consistent.

Last edited:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Has Square even revealed anything major at all this year themselves come to think of it? I haven't heard of anything major from their front? I know they had rumors and what not that that they were close to revealing Final Fantasy 16.
-A lot of Kingdom Hearts projects being mentioned
  • That exclusive PS5 game, Project Athia
  • Avengers DLC, the game just released as well
  • Balan Wonder Land
  • Outriders

Ff7 part 2 has been talked about, and has been hinted at that it’s coming sooner than most people think.

They actually have quite a few things going on, but im curious as to how smrpg would be handled and by what team. They don’t normally develop AAA titles on the switch, so my expectations are fairly low with a Smrpg remake.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Greetings!

I've always been interested in Geno being accepted into Smash and I'm really interested in just absorbing every materiel that points to his inclusion. Same for any other character, really, but Geno is certainly my most wanted. Reading and listening to spoilers / leaks is part of my daily ritual, and I've grown quite attached to following this thread over the last few weeks. I really appreciate the lot of you compiling every sliver of data that may point to possible Directs and release dates, just seeing everyone connect all the dots and collaborate has been very fun and enjoyable to read.

I'm not sure if I'll ever have anything constructive to add to a conversation, but all the suggestive evidence and discussions were finally enough to make me create an account here, so here I am! I want to join in the hype train, whether it takes us to Star Road or we inevitably crash & burn.

Ayyyy, welcome to the Geno thread!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Nobody is talking about Wavedashing? It's not like it was patched out of PAL. We're referring to stuff like Falco's DAIR not spiking on the weak hit and Sheik D-Throw followups being way less consistent.
Oh, okay than. I just thought you guys were thinking Wavedashing is a glitch which it's not.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Greetings!

Welcome to the thread

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Greetings!

Welcome to the thread! Always great to see new faces here! To your left MisterMike MisterMike will give you your complementary Geno hat, on the left QQS QQS will give you your daily dose of much needed Geno optimism and positivity, and in the middle at that tomato field is Fatmanonice Fatmanonice theory-crafting away as to try and not go insane from Nintendo's weirdness (as we all are).

Glad you're here on this journey with the thread that will hopefully see its purpose fulfilled soon! (P.S.: I like your name and profile picture. It is quite simple, but that's what I like about it!)

Last edited:

Dekunk

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5452-6360-1438
I never like to assume a character would be chosen to advertise a game, and vice versa, but games correlating to fighters in the pass releasing on Switch around the timeframe of their reveal up until after their release is something that makes a lot of sense for select names.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I'm personally waiting for this.

I'd love that too! I doubt it will ever happen though since Nintendo just loves to pretend the older Paper Mario games just don't exist, but one can dream right? 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Has Square even revealed anything major at all this year themselves come to think of it? I haven't heard of anything major from their front? I know they had rumors and what not that that they were close to revealing Final Fantasy 16.
I think the only thing they released this year was Bravely Default II. I can't think of anything else they have released this year however.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman

Is that supposed to be a mock-up of what a Paper Mario All-Stars game select interface would look like?

Last edited:

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
So I said I was going to disappear but I saw this and just felt I needed to share it. Pretty sobering. Something has to give soon

edit: somebody else will probably say this, yes the calendar goes until December. Basically this month would mark the same amount of time we had between Min and Byleth, and you could argue that was just a break bw DLC plus Covid extending that window. BUT longer than that for the next fighter and it's been too long in my opinion! And there is absolutely no way they do not have fighter 7 and even fighter 8 ready to go right now looking at this schedule in just a visual way. I don't know how people don't see that. Those characters are absolutely in or past the polishing stage by now

1600225467291.png

Last edited:

a random user

Smash Journeyman

Beware the monkeys paw, you may just get a collection of sticker star, color splash, and paper jam.
i do want a collection of the classic games though

extremeturkey

Smash Apprentice
they showed project athia, which looked cool to me, but since it was so preliminary I don't really have any trust in it yet. And I don't think it'll come out for a while.

I'm wondering what geno fans would think about a deluxe mii outfit for Geno, plus one or two songs from his game. How that would be received by people in this thread.

D

Deleted member

they showed project athia, which looked cool to me, but since it was so preliminary I don't really have any trust in it yet. And I don't think it'll come out for a while.

I'm wondering what geno fans would think about a deluxe mii outfit for Geno, plus one or two songs from his game. How that would be received by people in this thread.
And I wonder what Geno haters would think if Geno gets in.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
With the tournaments in the way, it's safe to say if any announcement it won't be 'til next month 'cause Nintendo think it would be rude for some reason to announce a fighter during those.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
With the tournaments in the way, it's safe to say if any announcement it won't be 'til next month 'cause Nintendo think it would be rude for some reason to announce a fighter during those.
Well, the Amiibo waves have never failed us. A fighter always get's announced or released during a week a Amiibo wave drops. I think the next wave drops in the next week or two.

Reactions: QQS

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Greetings!

Welcome to the thread! Here, complimentary Geno Hat:
Hat time.png

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
I'd like to make it known that in a whole year starting from September 15th 2019, we have gotten only 2 character reveals.

I for one, think this has gotten pretty ridiculous.
This is why Capcom was smart about their DLC. With the covid delays stretching their SFV roadmap out into 2022, they knew their fans would go crazy.

Capcom: Here ya go guys: Dan Hibiki, Rose, Oro, and a Rival Schools Guest. Please look forward to them whenever they come out.

Nintendo: blowing raspberries

QQS

Smash Lord
I can understand if we don’t have Smash News this week. But I’m almost sure that from today to Friday 25th of September; we will have #7 revealed with a very close download date. If #7 is Geno, we can finally rest and forget about all this 2 decades wishing for our star (literally). If #7 isn’t Geno, don’t worry cause Fighter #77 is Geno.

56FC3DDB-A35F-4683-8091-FD27E1EB89F2.jpeg

Please credits to Artist. Found on Instagram.

I have been wanting Geno since I was 6 or 7 years old, when I got my hands at SMRPG from a Christmas gift from my father. Now I’m 30 years old and believe I still can’t forget this game and this character. When you put music or scenes from this game to me, it’s feels like my first decade of life. Can’t put that feeling into words. Not even on a language which isn’t my native. So as many of you, this reveal will be f********* insane and beautiful. 100% the most epic of Smash history. The other insane thing is that this character is 24 years old with only 1 game playable and still can stand face to face in Smash Demand against titans like Sonic, Mega Man, Crash, KKR, Ridley and Banjo-Kazooie. So imagine if he had more games. Once is enough to remember him and love him. This dream is coming true and he will enter to the Hall of Fame of gaming when he joins this party.

In Melee Geno was making a little noise; in Brawl Sakurai wanted him playable cause he is a PERFECT FIT AND HAS A GUN FOR AN ARM; In Sm4sh he at least got something to make us feel as if we are playing Geno; and in Ultimate, believe he made his Ultimate move for us to: Let’s Play Geno!

4834E5C7-293D-4F06-B677-5A7C0B17CD1C.jpeg

Again, credits to artists and best wishes to the Geno thread! Specially to our friends Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and papagenos papagenos

Let’s wait a couple of days to finally have Geno joining the brawl.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
  • Me when I realized we probably aren't getting anymore news this week so the entire Nintendo discussion until at least Monday is going to revolve around Super Mario 3D All-Stars
giphy.gif

I don't know when the hell it happened, but I am so sick of the modern Nintendo community at large these days, and one of the reasons I enjoy being in this thread so much is that it's NOT like it. This thread is generally chill, usually pretty reasonable, if a little quick to jump to conclusions sometimes, but all in all pretty positive to be in. The ridiculous takes I've seen surrounding this game (and certain OTHER Nintendo topics over the past year) are driving me up a goddamn wall and it's still three days away from even being out. I'll admit I heavily lean on the side of disliking Nintendo's decisions here but still, it's a MOOD with this stuff on both sides.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
What will all of you do once Geno is revealed? Walk into the sunset? I'm sure you'll miss the speculation to some extent! I kinda do with K. Rool. It's certainly been a journey for you all.
For sure it won’t be shadow dropped. So if we have the date, I will enjoy the #7 reveal (and each of the reveals as always) with no cellphone, no Apps, no everything, just me and the trailer on the screen (probably on the TV) and then enjoy it as if were the date I was waiting all my life. If it’s Geno, cry in tears of joy, rewatch it. And after all that, grab my phone and share it with my close circle of friends and then this thread and finally see how impacts the web.

After that, let Smash surprise me as always cause I already have Mega Man and Geno and sincerely Im grateful and not going to ask for more. Perfect game and Sakurai and the team are the bests.

Mr.Boo

Smash Cadet
For sure it won’t be shadow dropped. So if we have the date, I will enjoy the #7 reveal (and each of the reveals as always) with no cellphone, no Apps, no everything, just me and the trailer on the screen (probably on the TV) and then enjoy it as if were the date I was waiting all my life. If it’s Geno, cry in tears of joy, rewatch it. And after all that, grab my phone and share it with my close circle of friends and then this thread and finally see how impacts the web.
Sounds like a great plan. The potential remixes alone have me stoked for him coming.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So, here's something a little interesting. I've been keeping track of all of the numbers assigned to each of the Spirit Events and Tournaments in the official in-game website...
...ever since they went all over the place in the few months surrounding Byleth's release. Nothing has really gone off track since then (aside from 2 Spirit Events in 2019 and One Tournament near Byleth I still can't quite explain) until tonight. The new tourney dropped as Number 30, with the last one 4 weeks ago being 28, meaning one was skipped over, which just so happens to coincide with the week we got no event 2 weeks ago. Meaning, yea, they did flat out skip over a Tourney that week. What does it mean? It could be a number of things. Generally when numbers get skipped over the events just happen out of order, sometimes weeks or even months later. But they don't hold no event for the week outright, again they just go out of order. Maybe it was tied to a character being released, and that DOES actually jive with the idea that Nintendo always holds a direct in early September since 2016 (and even this year with Mario) and they could have planned to do the same thing they did with Banjo last year, but at the same time wouldn't they have moved it since characters have obviously been pushed back, and not just leave a empty week? It's a really weird tidbit of information.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
What will all of you do once Geno is revealed? Walk into the sunset? I'm sure you'll miss the speculation to some extent! I kinda do with K. Rool. It's certainly been a journey for you all.
I've posted this before, so...
Well my first order of business is to upload my reaction to YouTube, followed by plenty of posting on this here Smashboards. Next would be to start production on my "BestGuyEver" Geno video. After that, I'll mostly just hang around here until discussion dies down, then move on to another character thread. Once the DLC is finally over I'll most likely leave this website until the next game gets announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom