• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Honestly Geno as a character has always seemed like a less gullible version of knuckles the echidna.

If anything Geno’s personality was probably conveyed the weakest in that story.

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
It's not necessarily a hint; it just seems like Ryce is pointing out that Geno isn't an edge-lord like some people seem to think he is. (not sure why people think that - maybe it's the cape?)
I considered Geno very badass for a Mario character. I guess people think badass means edgy even though you don’t have to be edgy to be a badass or cool.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I considered Geno very badass for a Mario character. I guess people think badass means edgy even though you don’t have to be edgy to be a badass or cool.
To me, badass and edgy can be two different things. I mean, it's possible to have traits of being badass and not have traits, or enough traits of being edgy.

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice
Real talk though, I'm not against Geno, I think he'd be a cool character to see in Smash, and even though I'm very curious as to why he's so popular as he is, I'm probably better off not questioning it.
if anything, I'd rather see Geno not be apart of Fighters Pass vol 2 but instead be Individual DLC.

No offense buddy, but next time put the Pac-Man icon at the end of your post so you're giving us the signal that you're joking.
Gotcha, I'm still pretty new to posting on Smashboards so I'll keep that in mind.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
and typically, the release dates for fighters tend to coincide closer to the Japanese release dates for Amiibos, so it's less likely for FP7 to be released the week after that
That's what I'm considering. Basically it implies a reveal on the 23rd or 24th at the absolute latest, an Amiibo update that day, and then the release either the same day or a week later following past precedent (so either the 30th or October 1st Geno as an October release would be all too delicious for obvious reasons). Looking back at my old Erdrick posts, it's kind of ironic that I commonly argued Erdrick would be easily overshadowed as an E3 reveal because of the overwhelming Western audience (which is basically what happened too and people threw a fit until Banjo showed up) and would be better suited as a TGS reveal and now the possibility of Geno being a TGS reveal is technically on the table. Ain't that some ****?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I have followed Era stuff for a while and see Ryce post quite a bit, but this is the very first time I've heard anything about him at any point being a tester for Smash Ultimate. Is there any proof of that?
I’m not sure if he’s a tester; I remember someone saying he leaked Piranha Plant, however I believe that was someone else. He does seem to be a sort of insider, though, based on some past posts of his.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I was only exaggerating :facepalm:
Tone can be hard to tell through text, and there have been plenty of people who come in here to say that and mean it as a reason why he can't/shouldn't be included in Smash. (which is like going into a Ridley support thread and saying he's too big, or going into a Sora support thread and saying that he's owned by Disney)

For future reference, a lot of people use the Smash 4 Pac-Man icon (:4pacman:) to show that they're joking or otherwise not being serious.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Geno is a character that appeared in one game

Oh man, I forgot all the games that the Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt Duo had before they got into Smash!

I find this gif very amusing though, I will say. May have to file that one away.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for those asking me about Ryce, I know little more than most about him, and the consensus from the Brotherhood of Shadow is that he apparently leaked Incineroar, Piranha Plant and Ken along with their movesets in August of 2018 and called out Vergeben on being wrong about Minecraft content, though they currently do not have the resources or evidence to 100% back this up at this time.

I know for a fact that he leaked this entire MvCI roster and one of the SFV DLC seasons but for the life of me I cannot remember which one it was. The talk is that he is a tester and that is were he gets the information he has shared with us, so as long as he either still is a tester for Smash/was a tester during the proper window of time, him talking about Geno like this is kinda nuts.

I'm attempting to message him directly to get more confirmation on some of this information but ResetEra is a whole congregation of elites sniffing their own farts and not only accepts only emails from ISP or schools (No Yahoo, MSN or Google emails, you have to have paid for your email in some way shape or form) but before you can even post or message someone you have to wait for an admin to approve your account. I will attempt to get more truth from the source and will update you guys here at that time.

Regardless, if there is any truth to any of this, and specifically just the tester of Ultimate portion, him talking about Geno the way he has been is ridiculously good for us. You guys rush to denounce it, but this is the same guy who posted all the gifs and then the image of Kirby standing on Vista Hill, as seen here. The thing is, while Geno is basically talked about everywhere there is Newcomer Ultimate speculation, he wasn't being talked about at that time. Ryce randomly dropped all that there because as far as I can tell everyone was talking about Mario stuff not Geno specifically except for one guy shortly before Ryce's post. Then, he makes a post like the one I just shared where the wording heavily implies Geno is in Smash, that people who expect Geno is be edgy in Smash will be 'in for a rude awakening'. His phrasing isn't that Geno isn't in Smash, but that Geno won't have an edgy personality in Smash because Geno never had an edgy personality.

If any of that is truthful about him being a tester, HE WOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS FIRST HAND!

That being said, things are already really good for us, but I wish Nintendo would get off their asses and drop Sakurai's footage already.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Real talk though, I'm not against Geno, I think he'd be a cool character to see in Smash, and even though I'm very curious as to why he's so popular as he is, I'm probably better off not questioning it.
if anything, I'd rather see Geno not be apart of Fighters Pass vol 2 but instead be Individual DLC.

Gotcha, I'm still pretty new to posting on Smashboards so I'll keep that in mind.
If you want a decent idea of why people love Geno so much, Papagenos video and this one from Jonathan Motes can give a decent idea of why

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
I’m not sure if he’s a tester; I remember someone saying he leaked Piranha Plant, however I believe that was someone else. He does seem to be a sort of insider, though, based on some past posts of his.
I’m pretty sure these claims about Ryce being an insider/tester come from when he said Vergeben’s claims of Minecraft content were false. Mentioning “I probably would have heard about it over the Summer” (this is the one claim I was able to find a concrete source for). I’m not going to immediately jump on this being a hint or anything, but when you combine his supposed insider stuff with the last little bit of the Geno ‘edgelord’ post, just comes across as a little intriguing.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Ok, the Paragon point is huge but I just opened my eyes, the reason we expect something before the 25th is because there should be an update for add compatibility with the Joker and Luminary amiibos. But that compability should be that same day, why bought a Toy-To-Life if it didn't work with anything? So before the 25th we shouldn't get the character reveal. We should get the character both announced AND Released, in that way we could get the update for the Joker and Luminary amiibos compatibility. Now I can see two outcomes:
-Presentation aired this week and character gets release next week
- The character gets announced next week and it's release that same day

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So it seems that due to the most recent standard issue chapter Attack On Fatman, it seems you all somehow missed this.

So my whole thing is, if you are/were a tester who would likely know this ****, HOW CAN YOU JUST TALK ABOUT THIS?

HOW IN THE ABSOLUTE **** CAN YOU JUST SAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS, WORDED IN SUCH A WAY, AND ACT LIKE IT'S NOTHING?!
View attachment 285592
Why are people underplaying what Ryce said? That seemed like a pretty blatant hint to me. It was told like as if something in the future would prove that Geno isn't edgy. I can't be the only one reading it as that.
Because it's not really a leak or a hint towards anything, it's literally just a statement. I could just as easily say something like: "Sakurai always goes for a character's most iconic design. People who are expecting Dante to use his design from DmC: Devil May Cry in Smash might be in for a rude awakening.". Does that mean I'm now suddenly a leaker? And what's the context surrounding this statement? Is it just something he brought up apropos of nothing, is this a reply to someone in specific, or is this in keeping with the current topic of the thread? If it were just posted randomly to no one in particular than maybe, but I'd need to see that context first before I start putting that duck avatar on my conspiracy corkboard.

Tone can be hard to tell through text, and there have been plenty of people who come in here to say that and mean it as a reason why he can't/shouldn't be included in Smash. (which is like going into a Ridley support thread and saying he's too big, or going into a Sora support thread and saying that he's owned by Disney)

For future reference, a lot of people use the Smash 4 Pac-Man icon (:4pacman:) to show that they're joking or otherwise not being serious.
And I use the Smash Ultimate Pac-Man icon (:ultpacman:) when I'm joking around. I guess I kind of like how it looks like I just told a joke and I'm waiting for the other person to laugh.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Because it's not really a leak or a hint towards anything, it's literally just a statement. I could just as easily say something like: "Sakurai always goes for a character's most iconic design. People who are expecting Dante to use his design from DmC: Devil May Cry in Smash might be in for a rude awakening.". Does that mean I'm now suddenly a leaker? And what's the context surrounding this statement? Is it just something he brought up apropos of nothing, is this a reply to someone in specific, or is this in keeping with the current topic of the thread? If it were just posted randomly to no one in particular than maybe, but I'd need to see that context first before I start putting that duck avatar on my conspiracy corkboard.

And I use the Smash Ultimate Pac-Man icon (:ultpacman:) when I'm joking around. I guess I kind of like how it looks like I just told a joke and I'm waiting for the other person to laugh.
See, this is what I don't get.

If you consider his position to be true, then something like this IS the best we can get for a hint. You all keep acting like they need to scream from the rooftops that Geno is in and get the kibosh to matter when in reality making a crafty message that says what you want but also doesn't get you in trouble is much more likely.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Decided to line up these two to see what matched up:

So, in relation to one another, these are the years that TGS and major Nintendo presentations happened in the same week in recent history:

Yep... That's it. Seems like they proactively try to stay in their own lanes. I've noticed that the presentations and TGS are typically about a week apart. Of course, COVID-19 has shreked everything and I could see a possible exception being made simply because E3 didn't happen this year.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Tried to research stuff, and I think y’all are confusing Ryce for Noatesty, who leaked Ken, Incineroar, Piranha Plant, and a couple other things; his leaks are on the SmashWiki:

The posts in question (he uses a bit of language; sounds like testers had a bad time):

Regarding Ryce himself, I do remember him posting things that suggest he gets inside info, however, like what he said about Vergeben’s Minecraft info.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
At this point FP 7 is done and FP 8 is probably already done - and they are working on FP9 . Min min was presentable in May. E3 got screwed. I dont know whats the hold back to show off FP7 now. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo / Sakurai decided to do a FP 7 AND FP 8 presentation together and call it for the year. I wouldn't mind to be honest. At least we know which characters are coming. December/ January they can reveal FF9 e3 the FF 10 AND FF 11 and be done with it.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
As I've been exploring SmashBoards in recent weeks, it's honestly crazy to me to see how much people dislike Geno and this thread specifically. Maybe some people have some valid criticism, or even a bad experience they've had here in this thread, but I think the bulk of the disdain is merely a result of those on top will always have the most haters.

(Not saying this thread is on top or the greatest, simply that it's the most active and viewed character support thread.)

Heoj

Smash Ace
It might be important to know what the context for ryces recent post about was about, like what was the conversation about.
Overall i doubt it means anything but that's just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom