• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TenghsienYang

Smash Cadet
Paper Mario, Pikmin 3, and Hyrule Warriors were all announced two months before their release dates; I expect one more game to be announced next month for a December release. I do expect a small Pokemon presentation highlighting Crown Tundra and maybe a followup on the few games that are still TBD. Sprinkle on a Smash presentation and some Animal Crossing fall/winter updates, and 2020 has a pretty solid second half. And that's just first party.

TGS will certainly have some new third party stuff on the Switch (fingers crossed for a new Ace Attorney) later this month, and maybe one more Partners direct.

That being said, I expect nothing but more shadowdrops for the rest of this year; Nintendo has plenty to hold over for now.

Anyway, what are the chances of getting SMRPG news via Square at TGS? Mario + Rabbids was first revealed through Ubisoft's E3 conference (which was a day before Nintendo's own E3 presentation). Both SMRPG and Mario + Rabbids were developed by their respective third parties, and only published/licensed by Nintendo, so it actually makes more sense if Square themselves announced the rumored sequel/remake. EDIT: Koei Tecmo also revealed their mystery TGS game is in fact Hyrule Warriors. Nintendo's likely to have a bigger presence in TGS than usual.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What things have happened this weekend that would cause there to not be a smash direct next week?
For starters, Smash announcements are never shadowdropped and have at least two days notice unless tied to a major event like E3 so, based on this:

-Major Monday announcements are always announced on Friday. We didn't get anything yesterday so...

-When there's something major announced on a Sunday, the earliest it typically pans out is on a Wednesday.

-Sony's having a presentation on Wednesday. Kind of noticed that the big companies try to "stay in their own lanes" with this sort of thing and try to avoid having too much overlap with one another.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Kind of noticed that the big companies try to "stay in their own lanes" with this sort of thing and try to avoid having too much overlap with one another.
Nintendo likes to try to overlap Sony's announcements with their own thing.
Like TOK announcement happened on the same say as the Ghosts State of Play and they tried combating the PS5 show with Pokemon Presents...

I never said it was a good combat but combat none the less.

ChameleonTwist

Smash Rookie
For starters, Smash announcements are never shadowdropped and have at least two days notice unless tied to a major event like E3 so, based on this:

-Major Monday announcements are always announced on Friday. We didn't get anything yesterday so...

-When there's something major announced on a Sunday, the earliest it typically pans out is on a Wednesday.

-Sony's having a presentation on Wednesday. Kind of noticed that the big companies try to "stay in their own lanes" with this sort of thing and try to avoid having too much overlap with one another.
So where does that leave us?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So where does that leave us?
It's a dumb but currently I'm thinking this Thursday or Nintendo says "**** it" and Nintendo shows something on the Wednesday (before people ACTUALLY me to death, Wednesday is the TGS preshow) or Thursday of TGS. Nintendo very well could pull a Min Min, revealing something on the 23rd and then releasing 7 on the 30th a week later, also coincidentally releasing the character perfectly between the two Amiibo wave dates: September 25th and October 2nd.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
It's a dumb but currently I'm thinking this Thursday or Nintendo says "**** it" and Nintendo shows something on the Wednesday (before people ACTUALLY me to death, Wednesday is the TGS preshow) or Thursday of TGS. Nintendo very well could pull a Min Min, revealing something on the 23rd and then releasing 7 on the 30th a week later, also coincidentally releasing the character perfectly between the two Amiibo wave dates: September 25th and October 2nd.
Or, because they are running out of time and shadow dropping 1st party stuff left and right, Smash either gets shadow dropped or gets a very small window of warning beforhand.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Should these amiibo dates pass and there's no Smash news? That's when the Smash fanbase hits dis pear. That date is the only thing keeping news hope up.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Tokyo Game Show doesn't begin this week. That's the week after

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Yeah, guys, TGS is the 23rd/24th til the 27th/28th.

Did you all forget about a whole ****ing week? Nintendo can drop whatever they want this coming week, guys.

Jesus, some of you guys should probably just take a couple days off any Smash speculation for your own good. Getting so worked up you forget about a whole week can't be healthy.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Smash fans awaiting news of CP 7 with bated breath

Sakurai (tweets; English translation): "Sorry for the delay. Boot up Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for a surprise. :starman:"

Smash fans boot up SSBU on their Nintendo Switch
Geno's splash screen pops up showing he's now in the roster
Smash fans: mixed feelings

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Yeah, guys, TGS is the 23rd/24th til the 27th/28th.

Did you all forget about a whole ****ing week? Nintendo can drop whatever they want this coming week, guys.

Jesus, some of you guys should probably just take a couple days off any Smash speculation for your own good. Getting so worked up you forget about a whole week can't be healthy.
No, no. Internet twitter rumors indicate something non-directly Nintendo related might be happening some day next week, that obviously means no Smash news until November. /s

I’m totally with you. I don’t think a single thing outside of a presentation that Nintendo is having like a Partner Direct or something would make it impossible to get some kind of news dropped, Smash or otherwise. And that’s only a day, not the whole week. Ffs.

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
So what I'm getting from this is that the Geno doll was made from the wood of a pear tree.
Sometimes I think, "Geno-body seems to talk about how a-pear-antly one of my favorite video game icons is made from a fruit tree. Gaz-ukes that bothers me!"
But then I'm like, "I'mallow them a more time to Axem some more questions relating to what I want to hear."
And now you've come up with the most i-Mack-ulate discussion I could've hoped for.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
To heck with it, I'm going to strap on the tinfoil hat yet again. Was just checking out the Nintendo website and saw down on the News section the date in which the Super Mario Bros. 35h Anniversary Direct, and the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity announcement went live. Between both announcements there were five (5) days. What's being celebrated this month is the thirty fifth (35) anniversary of the Super Mario Bros. franchise. How about if the major announcements have been scheduled for September in intervals of five days from each other. Now, following this pattern, five days after the HW: AoC announcement places the next major announcement on September 13th, which falls on a Sunday. Immediate thought; not going to happen. Or will it? Sometimes some people like playing around with numbers. [Three (3) times five (5)]. Three were the active party members, and five were the entire band. The third party member we met on the grand adventure sought out the pieces; those whose points are five. 👀

MattX20

Smash Hero
To heck with it, I'm going to strap on the tinfoil hat yet again. Was just checking out the Nintendo website and saw down on the News section the date in which the Super Mario Bros. 35h Anniversary Direct, and the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity announcement went live. Between both announcements there were five (5) days. What's being celebrated this month is the thirty fifth (35) anniversary of the Super Mario Bros. franchise. How about if the major announcements have been scheduled for September in intervals of five days from each other. Now, following this pattern, five days after the HW: AoC announcement places the next major announcement on September 13th, which falls on a Sunday. Immediate thought; not going to happen. Or will it? Sometimes some people like playing around with numbers. [Three (3) times five (5)]. Three were the active party members, and five were the entire band. The third party member we met on the grand adventure sought out the pieces; those whose points are five. 👀
If they do end up announcing a Sakurai Presents tomorrow, that would be a welcome surprise

TX-55

Smash Journeyman

Wait, wasn't Joker's presentation a shadow drop ?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Yeah there is no real reason to think we have bo chance for an announcement this week.

Nintendo often doesn't care about dates or other things being announced or competitor announcements and always does their own thing. What is likely happening is preparation and spacing of announcements to have some things to say for the rest of the year.

Also, any of you discrediting HGV over Friday when all she did was like a tweet and even made a comment suggesting there wouldn't be an announcement this Friday are being ridiculous and are using bias likely once again due to her odd nature. There have been some recent developments with her but honestly her information in the past weeks checks put too well to cast her out so early.

Frankly, as far as I can see, she has ever right to tease this fan base if we are gonna act like this.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Tokyo Game Show doesn't begin this week. That's the week after
I´m still holding on a tuesday announcement.
It´s definitely gonna be this week. Yes, I know the ps5 presentation is coming. But it´s dlc you guys, not a brand new game. It doesn´t matter as much if it gets overshadowed. If it´s postponed to tgs week, it will definitely get lost in a sea of announcements.
I just have this gut feeling. and it ain´t last week´s food.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Okay, second spreadsheet finished and still no news... maybe I should've said that by the time we get announcement, I would've finished the spreadsheet by now instead of saying I would finish the 2nd sheet (which I was halfway finished with at the time of commenting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom