• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Sorry, I've been gone a long time.

What happened to bring up the chances?
How long have you been gone from the thread? Long story short there's a lot of smaller pieces that add up to a big picture pointing heavily towards Geno being in and being early in the Pass, most likely 7.

T2by4

Smash Lord
So what's the latest on Geno speculation? Also rip to that smash announcement that I think most of us were expecting.

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
I've posted here intermittently for a few years... numerous times sprinkled throughout the Geno thread here as a fan of his for over 20 yrs now. Been begging for him since pre-Brawl hehe! I'm sheepish and shy, only like to post if I have a valuable contribution. But so... I've never ventured to ask for my honorary Geno Hat to stan my support.

Can anyone please bequeath me?! I'd love if you could put it on my profile pic. If you need the og picture, just search "Pine Marten" in google, it's my Patronus xD.

A note for everyone too: please don't lose heart, it's been over 20 years of hardcore dedication. The evidence for his inclusion is overwhelming, he even has Sakurai's support... keep your eyes on the stars my friends, his time is nigh! We're in the eleventh hour, our boy's coming home. BELIEVE IT!

Geno Shoots for The Stars any day now, stay strong my celestial brethren!!!

MattX20

Smash Hero
I've posted here intermittently for a few years... numerous times sprinkled throughout the Geno thread here as a fan of his for over 20 yrs now. Been begging for him since pre-Brawl hehe! I'm sheepish and shy, only like to post if I have a valuable contribution. But so... I've never ventured to ask for my honorary Geno Hat to stan my support.

Can anyone please bequeath me?! I'd love if you could put it on my profile pic. If you need the og picture, just search "Pine Marten" in google, it's my Patronus xD.

A note for everyone too: please don't lose heart, it's been over 20 years of hardcore dedication. The evidence for his inclusion is overwhelming, he even has Sakurai's support... keep your eyes on the stars my friends, his time is nigh! We're in the eleventh hour, our boy's coming home. BELIEVE IT!

Geno Shoots for The Stars any day now, stay strong my celestial brethren!!!
Here is your complimentary hat

Attachments

QQS

Smash Lord
Im thinking that if they decide to use another tagline for Geno, it could be:

Geno Serves a Higher Demand!

Because that is what specially happened. Like the wordplay in “Are Raring to go”; We could get something not doll/star related like this. Or maybe Square related like the “Squares Up”. But who knows, my personal favorites will be always 1) Awakens and then 2) Aligns/Shoots.

D

Deleted member

Im thinking that if they decide to use another tagline for Geno, it could be:

Geno Serves a Higher Demand!

Because that is what specially happened. Like the wordplay in “Are Raring to go”; We could get something not doll/star related like this. Or maybe Square related like the “Squares Up”. But who knows, my personal favorites will be always 1) Awakens and then 2) Aligns/Shoots.
“Geno shows his spirit!” I’m gonna predict that! Was that been used?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I don't know what tagline Geno will have when he makes it in, but I will never get over how when :4cloud: showed up on screen in his reveal and the world collectively lost their minds, Sakurai used that moment to make the absolute dumbest dad joke possible his tagline.

I secretly hope he does the same to Geno tbh

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Thoughts?

Was just about to post the tweet itself...

Basically, Monday is the big day, the character will be from Nintendo, and will come from (quoting 7NATOR 7NATOR 's translation here) "a little represented and much loved franchise that nobody expects".

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Basically, Monday is the big day, the character will be from Nintendo, and will come from (quoting 7NATOR 7NATOR 's translation here) "a little represented and much loved franchise that nobody expects".
It's going to be Blastoise

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Thoughts?

Who is this person? And why should we accept this information as plausible? Also, a Monday Smash reveal also lines up with twitter girl's predictions.

What counts as a little represented but much loved franchise that nobody expects? Advance Wars? Golden Sun? Star Tropics? Is it Lolo?

Last edited:

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman

"Much Loved and little represented sounds to me Golden Sun.

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
Who is this person? And why should we accept this information as plausible? Also, a Monday Smash reveal also lines up with twitter girl's predictions.

What counts as a little represented but much loved franchise that nobody expects?
Don't know, just found about this guy now, and I'm thinking Golden Sun could be the franchise he's talking about.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
It could be Golden Sun, Rhythm Heaven, or some other beloved franchise that's flown below the radar for Smash so far.

In regards to what it could mean for Geno, I've no idea if "from Nintendo" specifically means first-party, or is broad enough to include Geno (a third-party character who originated in a Nintendo game). I've also no idea if the Mario RPG games would count as a "franchise" in and of themselves.

For what it's worth, someone brought the tweet to Nate's attention, and here's what he had to say...

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
Like I said, literal twitter rando like Setanna. Why is he brought up? Has he gotten anything right? Why give him attention?
Honestly...just bored, and when I see things like this, the boredom goes down a little bit, and Smash Leaks keep me interested in Smash, then speculation...lately.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Thoughts?

Literally who, and not much to write home about. Being from a "From a little represented and much loved franchise that nobody expects." is pretty vague considering how many beloved franchises Nintendo has that they do jack with: My mind immediately goes to Golden Sun, but then there's Advance Wars, Rythem Heaven, Chibi Robo, F-Zero... Yeah, no clue.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Disregarding the leaker completely, because I really don't care too much about people who have no real track record; I (again) would not be surprised if 7 is just shadowdropped. Yeah, Smash is popular; and it would get a lot of reactions, but if there's anything that both the Mario and Zelda have shown, you do not need to be announced beforehand in order to be extremely successful. I mean the Mario 35th anniversary direct literally became the most viewed direct of all time, and Hyrule Warriors 2 was also extremely successful judging from everything online. If Nintendo can shadowdrop those bombshell announcements, then they can definitely shadowdrop a Smash presentation. So a Monday direct may happen...

But then NateDrake hasn't heard anything in regards to an upcoming announcement soon, which is notable as I recall him hinting Min-Min around the same time as Imran, if not a bit earlier. Though both NateDrake/Imran didn't know the specific announcement date for Min Min, until Nintendo themselves informed us ahead of time (they were surprised that Nintendo hadn't, when they already knew about Min Min for a week) . I'm guessing that unlike with Min-Min, there isn't a clear consensus among insiders about who FP 7 is, which makes it hard to tell if there is a presentation coming soon or not.

For all we know, it could be another Byleth style situation where there's a couple of names floating around, but no clear information until a day or two before the reveal actually happens.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Golden Sun and Rhythm Heaven are easily the top contenders if this person is correct but it also could be referring to Nintendo franchises that have a fighter or two that could get another one so we'll see. I'll keep my expectations low on this person until someone can verify them with a good track record

pinshadow

Smash Lord

1438125737050.jpg

Ok, let's go through everything questionable about this step by step.

• If the presentation WAS on Monday I'm almost certain they would have announced it on Friday like they did for Min-Min's presentation back in June. Nintendo doesn't like making announcements on weekends, even for presentations.
  • Twitter Rando, enough said
  • Said Twitter Rando doesn't even fully trust his source and is saying to take it with a large grain of salt
  • Did you guys forget Nintendo is picking the characters? And that the two first party characters they HAVE chosen were from Switch games? No offense but I REALLY can't see Nintendo picking someone even as popular as Isaac without some kind of reason/new game. (I'm saying this as someone who does think Camelot is probably working on a new Golden Sun, but I also dislike backing non-concrete rumors/speculation with more non-concrete rumors/speculation.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom