• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Oh wait I forgot today is Sept. 11th. Though I think Nintendo still announced something on the 11th before in previous years, but I dunno.

edit: yeah nvm they did before.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Doesn’t seem like anyone posted this yet, but new PapaGenos video, and it’s a countdown!

Warning: number 5 is pretty fat. :ultpacman:
This sounds like an interesting video. I know he's talked about the idea of fourth party characters in the past like Tony Hawk and Mike Tyson, but I am pretty curious to see what other characters he has in this video.

Yoro

Smash Rookie
Speculation not a leak this is. Also If Geno is not next who do you think will be next.
Seeing tweets like these after her previous "Not videogame related" tweets just rubs me the wrong way...

Last edited:

Snoop_nogg

Smash Apprentice
Speculation not a leak this is. Also If Geno is not next who do you think will be next.
Sometimes I can't take all this speculation/leaks/hints and people talking in riddles. Just let us be genuinely surprised for once. Then again, here I am paying attention to speculation

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Sometimes I can't take all this speculation/leaks/hints and people talking in riddles. Just let us be genuinely surprised for once. Then again, here I am paying attention to speculation
if I had to guess who I think she might think is the next character id probably say professor Layton. Pure speculation this .

There’s a lot of replies naming characters and so far there’s only 1 that she left a like on which was a comment saying professor Layton. I wouldn’t mind if it was professor Layton but would really want Geno instead

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I'm torn between this and "Get me off of Mr. Sakurai's wild ride already!"

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Also If Geno is not next who do you think will be next.
If the next character isn’t Geno, Rex and Pyra are my other biggest bet. Mainly because of Sakurai mentioning at the same time that both ARMS and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 weren’t able to get a character in the base game cause they were too new to have an effect on the project plan, and well now we have ARMS. So them being next would feel like their getting them “out of the way” and finally giving them their chance.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I feel like it's worth pointing out that Tiffany never once stated we were getting a presentation today; All she did was Like the post of a dude who made his own guess. While it is easy to make the assumption that this is a way of spilling the beans without the risk of saying something legally risky, it could also just mean she thought it was a good prediction and showed her support for it that way. But, never did she outright state, "We're getting an announcement for a Sakurai Presents on Friday, September 11th."

Of course, if she DID specify somewhere, please let me know I'm incorrect, but.. I figure if she did, we would've seen a post from someone here by now.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
People have asked me what I mean by "deadline" and I'm pretty much referring to this:

Days Between Amiibo Wave and Character Release

Plant: 14 days
Joker: 5 days
Hero: 11 days
Banjo: 16 days
Terry: 9 days
Byleth: 11 days
Min Min: 17 days

Average: 12

Except for Terry's Japanese Amiibo wave which was literally a day apart from his release, everybody else has been at least 9 days apart. The next Amiibo wave is the 25th for everywhere but the US for some reason so if we were to put the exact time gaps in, we'd get the following:

Plant: 14 days - September 11th
Joker: 5 days- September 20th
Hero: 11 days -September 14th
Banjo: 16 days - September 9th
Terry: 9 days -September 16th
Byleth: 11 days - September 14th
Min Min: 17 days -September 8th

Average: 12 -September 13th

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I feel like it's worth pointing out that Tiffany never once stated we were getting a presentation today; All she did was Like the post of a dude who made his own guess. While it is easy to make the assumption that this is a way of spilling the beans without the risk of saying something legally risky, it could also just mean she thought it was a good prediction and showed her support for it that way. But, never did she outright state, "We're getting an announcement for a Sakurai Presents on Friday, September 11th."

Of course, if she DID specify somewhere, please let me know I'm incorrect, but.. I figure if she did, we would've seen a post from someone here by now.
Despite me saying she was untrustworthy earlier, as I meant the other guy, you are correct. I thought the guy who made that tweet should be held accountable for that rather than Tiffany.

MattX20

Smash Hero
People have asked me what I mean by "deadline" and I'm pretty much referring to this:

Except for Terry's Japanese Amiibo wave which was literally a day apart from his release, everybody else has been at least 9 days apart. The next Amiibo wave is the 25th for everywhere but the US for some reason so if we were to put the exact time gaps in, we'd get the following:

Which is why I'm currently speculating the reveal to occur next week since the week after is not only the deadline for the new wave of Amiibos, but also the Tokyo Game Show and the massive presentation/focus on Age of Calamity

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
On a related note as far as leakers/insiders, this is kind of important; Please be aware that Sabi is attempting to rebrand their account as "TickingTockle" on twitter. It's been confirmed by multiple sources that all they did was change the info on their old twitter account to try and depart from the whole Sabi name. So, if anybody sees any information come out from this account, please be aware of who it is coming from, as I highly recommend not giving them any attention.

papagenos papagenos Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I feel like this is important for you to be aware of, too, just in case.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
On a related note as far as leakers/insiders, this is kind of important; Please be aware that Sabi is attempting to rebrand their account as "TickingTockle" on twitter. It's been confirmed by multiple sources that all they did was change the info on their old twitter account to try and depart from the whole Sabi name. So, if anybody sees any information come out from this account, please be aware of who it is coming from, as I highly recommend not giving them any attention.

papagenos papagenos Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I feel like this is important for you to be aware of, too, just in case.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Man, Sabi must be desperate to be doing this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

if I had to guess who I think she might think is the next character id probably say professor Layton. Pure speculation this .

There’s a lot of replies naming characters and so far there’s only 1 that she left a like on which was a comment saying professor Layton. I wouldn’t mind if it was professor Layton but would really want Geno instead
Didn’t she like a tweet of somebody saying there’s an announcement today and yet here we are? Didn’t she tweet about “Geno not being in Smash in 2020 or” with a winking face? She may have gotten stuff right recently, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she actually piggybacked and has a shaky track record at best. If she’s not going to proper hint something, not gonna tell us, or be extremely vague plus nowhere near the credibility of Verge, Ryce, or Imran Kahn, it’s not worth keep talking about her.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Didn’t she like a tweet of somebody saying there’s an announcement today and yet here we are? Didn’t she tweet about “Geno not being in Smash in 2020 or” with a winking face? She may have gotten stuff right recently, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she actually piggybacked and has a shaky track record at best. If she’s not going to proper hint something, not gonna tell us, or be extremely vague plus nowhere near the credibility of Verge, Ryce, or Imran Kahn, it’s not worth keep talking about her.
That was someone named Kevin, who was tweeting a guess she retweeted. I believe she didn’t make that guess herself.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
She’s just hedging her bets in a bunch of different ways with likes and the cryptic geno tweet. There was also a guy who responded to 2 different tweets of hers, saying that Waluigi will be in smash, and she liked both of those tweets while also not liking any of the other replies. Bottom line, it’s fun to pay attention to but it is 99.999% likely that it doesn’t mean anything.

D

Deleted member

I think this is why this morning really hurt a lot more than it has any business hurting - of those dates, three, including the average, pointed to Monday, a day that we now recognize as a potential Smash news day. I'm not blaming you, of course, just...

This morning has been a real ****in' gut punch.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
kinda yeah. to be fair though she didn’t hint at an announcement being today. She asked when does everyone think an announcement would be and then liked a tweet from someone who said it could be today and then a sakurai presents on Monday I think. Might be wrong though. I wouldn’t look much into it but it’s just a bit of speculation because we obviously don’t have much to go off right now

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I know it is seemingly unlike me, but I've decided I wanted to share something positive with you guys today.

I know I come off as an aggressive asshole a lot, but outside of this thread that really isn't the case. It's just the mix of the pessimism that rises and falls like the tide in here and the negative attitudes towards others when a character reveal isn't the one we were hoping for is really the antithesis of who I am, and rather than just sit back and let it happen I have the urge to try and make a change to that flow so people will be more positive, but my downfall is how easily irritated or frustrated I can get when I see this attitude be so repetitive and unchanging no matter what is said. To open up more, there was I time not that long ago I would have just nodded and agreed with you without saying much about it.

I may have shared this story before, but it was only about seven (YOU CAN'T AVOID THIS NUMBER! GENO IS IN BOYS!) or so years ago that I actually became more of my own person. Up until then, I was the literally definition of the NPC meme: the same dialogue, no opinions, questioning and challenging no one. I was just kinda...there. Sure, I enjoyed playing games and spending time with friends, but outside of those activities I really didn't have a sense of self. All I had ever really known was to do what my parents told me to do and I rarely ever challenged them on it when it came to life decisions. For reference, it took me until just this last year to know what I want to do in life even though it had been staring me in the face for essentially my whole life, and this was because I never knew what to do without my parents' directions and those directions were never about what I truly loved.

My passions are video games, anything to do with computers, making people laugh and have a good time and using my creative spirit to craft things even if it never leaves my own head. These are the core of who I am. Why am I sharing this here? Well, because SMRPG ties into this as well.

My buddy Adam (the one who very much dislikes Smash players) and I were driving back to his house from eating sushi a couple weeks ago, and I sparked the discussion of what are favorite video games were. Top 3 or Top 5, based on how many favs we truly had. I don't remember all Top 5 we mentioned (my memory is really bad) but Adam easily listed off FF7, FF Tactics and Borderlands 2 as his Top 3.

Now some of you guys really know me, and thus you know I have a problem thinking about what my favorites are when it comes to a list. However, #1 flew off my tongue so easily: SMRPG. Later on I questioned that a bit. Do I really love the game that much? I know I play it a lot, but is it really that important to me?

Well just last night I was kinda tired from all the work and really bored and I wanted to play something but nothing seemed appealing. I suddenly decided to fire up a randomizer of SMRPG just for the fun of it. Mario had a Waluigi palette swap and it was randomized who could use what weapons, so when everyone was using a Mario weapon they all temporarily transformed into him with that same Waluigi palette. I almost beat it last night but this remodeling work shift takes it out of me pretty earlier. What was most important was something one of my friends said while I was playing and he was watching. Once again, bad memory, so I'll paraphrase.

Him: Man, this randomizer is always so much fun to play.

Me: Dude, this game itself is always so much fun to play.

It was upon reflection that I realized how much SMRPG is a part of who I am. I want Geno in Smash more than any other character ever and openly admit to not caring who gets in after he does. I love playing SMRPG so much that out of the few times I have live-streamed I featured the game more than once. I'm here in this thread even when being here pisses me off because of my love for Geno and SMRPG. I show off fan art of SMRPG when I do stream from my PC. It killed me when I was too busy to make a contribution to the letter sent to Nintendo about SMRPG and Geno, like I borderline cried over that because as much as I love the game I don't really have skills to create cool stuff like fan art. Hell, I'm making memes mostly related to Geno and my most recent video I actually made is talking about Geno, and I've created something else on the side that I want to share soon that is all about SMRPG.

So just in case any of you ever wonder, I've been on this ride longer than most people and I'm on it until the end. I'm just as much a fan even if I get on you guys a lot and it's honestly because of my love for the game that I get on you guys when you get all negative.

Never forget he's in. :geno:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think this is why this morning really hurt a lot more than it has any business hurting - of those dates, three, including the average, pointed to Monday, a day that we now recognize as a potential Smash news day. I'm not blaming you, of course, just...

This morning has been a real ****in' gut punch.
I get that. Seriously though... I know this year has been ass but when we figured out that 7 would be a September release 4 MONTHS ago, who among us thought that Nintendo was going to blue ball us to almost quite literally the last minute? Of ****in' course 7 is the character the gets delayed more than 3 months because of a once in a century pandemic; it's just our luck as a fanbase.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I get that. Seriously though... I know this year has been ass but when we figured out that 7 would be a September release 4 MONTHS ago, who among us thought that Nintendo was going to blue ball us to almost quite literally the last minute? Of ****in' course 7 is the character the gets delayed more than 3 months because of a once in a century pandemic; it's just our luck as a fanbase.
I just hope the wait is worth it in the end.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Plus, one more thing to note, we've had announcements for Smash DLC happen during the week of release for other games before, so it wouldn't be the first time this happened. I doubt the Mario collection would be sabotaged sales wise unless FP7 releases the exact same week

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I'd just like to know who it is. I can wait to play them, but just knowing character 7 would be nice. It wasn't hell waiting 3 months for Banjo-Kazooie.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Honestly, seeing how we are very likely to see a Sakurai Presentation very soon here, the only thing I can really say here is that its so crazy to think that we may actually be getting the reveal of Geno very soon here, given he is the most likely character with all of the circumstantial evidence surrounding him. I know the wait is killing us all with the pandemic, but I'm sure we will all be playing with Geno in Elite Smash, putting in hours upon hours of playtime in to Smash just to play with Geno, and we will all look back at this in the next five years and think, this wait has definitely been worth it.

I know Geno is coming. I can feel it, and this Sakurai Presentation literally CANNOT come any sooner. I just want my boi revealed. :geno: :geno: :geno:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'd just like to know who it is. I can wait to play them, but just knowing character 7 would be nice. It wasn't hell waiting 3 months for Banjo-Kazooie.
That's the thing too. If it wasn't for the pandemic, we would have likely learned about 7 and 8 on June 9th, 7 would have probably been a July release and 8 a September release. Yeah, waiting for Banjo wasn't bad because we had a definitive answer but right now we have nothing official to go off of aside from a billion and half signs going back to last summer that 7 is more than likely Geno.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
If it weren't for the pandemic, E3 would have had a double reveal like last time and would put us comfortably halfway through this pass coming into 2021.
But given the current circumstances, I think that we might not know who the 8th fighter is in the same reveal as we find out about the 7th.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah that’s right, we’re three months into pass two with only one character released and no other characters announced.

That’s weird, I hadn’t really thought about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom