• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
:geno::geno::geno:It's time to SPEEEEEN!

Anyway, if something happens tomorrow, cool. If not, what else is new?

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
No joke, is there even a SINGLE THING she's gotten right? One thing? Because literally all I've seen from her is either piggybacking off of other peoples dates or just flat out being wrong.
I mean here’s some things that seemed to pan out
Though truthfully, not super confident in an announcement tomorrow. Hope she’s right, but I have some doubts. We’ll know by tomorrow anyways

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh hey, I forgot that people thought there was supposed to be some kind of announcement this week. Maybe it was that Zelda thing.

Well, she said tomorrow is tomorrow.

That's technically correct.
Tomorrow it will be today and today will be yesterday. Tomorrow never comes.

That's why you can't wait for tomorrow

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I mean here’s some things that seemed to pan out
Though truthfully, not super confident in an announcement tomorrow. Hope she’s right, but I have some doubts. We’ll know by tomorrow anyways
oiizk1kmy4a51.jpg

Still not super confident in an announcement tomorrow though. Really seems like the type to just throw out everything she hears and see what sticks.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 285236
Still not super confident in an announcement tomorrow though. Really seems like the type to just throw out everything she hears and see what sticks.
Tomorrow when I'm up and get back on here, it'll either be:

A. A small or average amount of pages over no announcement

B. 3 miles worth of pages over an announcement or reveal

Either way, here's to tomorrow. :geno:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
View attachment 285236
Hey man, if she’s throwing out dates and tomorrow just happens to stick and there’s a Smash announcement, all the better. A Smash announcement is a Smash announcement, doesn’t bother me that it just happens to coincide with what she’s posting. I’m not saying I believe it, but I figure the announcement will be sometime mid September, so why not tomorrow? shrug

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 285237

Saw it on Tumgir but don’t know the artist so Credits to the artist please! (I guess is called Boney cause I read something like that on the left down side).

GENO ALIGNS IN THE PARTY!
The artist in question is this person in particular: https://boneclone.tumblr.com/tagged/geno

I included their blog link + the geno tag, as they have done a lot of other Geno/Mario RPG-related pictures! Please browse at your convenience.

QQS

Smash Lord
Look at him.

Sittin’ there, twiddling his thumbs. Just waiting for that invitation.
50FC9BEC-991C-4C83-8DA6-286314839590.png

Thats right. Whether in the Mystic Ruins sharing a beer with Knuckles; or in the Lost Woods playing hide and seek with Skull Kid; or just contemplating his ancestors in the sky in the Forest Maze, Geno is ready to fit in his most pretty blue cape, wear his Kokiri boots, put his hat on, grab his Smash invitation from Sakurai and finally WAKE UP!

papagenos papagenos Fatmanonice Fatmanonice TheCJBrine TheCJBrine R RetrogamerMax Griselda Griselda Enigma735 Enigma735 Firox Firox waterhasataste waterhasataste Geno Boost Geno Boost GenoToto GenoToto Heoj Heoj okamifire okamifire PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate Nazyrus Nazyrus Ovaltine Ovaltine Vector Victor Vector Victor Lord Woomy Lord Woomy AugustusB AugustusB MarcelinoBros92 MarcelinoBros92 MisterMike MisterMike ForsakenM ForsakenM Genome Genome MattX20 MattX20 M MattOnwheels TooManyToastahs TooManyToastahs SpiritOfRuin SpiritOfRuin Inawordyes Inawordyes Let Geno Smash Let Geno Smash NintendoKnight NintendoKnight TTF TTF Shaboba Shaboba pinshadow pinshadow NewPueblo NewPueblo Blankiturayman Blankiturayman Nicnac Nicnac RedMachine123 RedMachine123

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Does anyone have a link to the Star Road Discord ? Sorry to ask. I made mistake and left by accident Anyway I hope we get Smash news soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

TTF

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was funny in papageno's latest video that popeye made the list. What a crossover!
Wouldn't that be hilarious though? Popeye, the character Miyamoto & Nintendo wanted to make a game of but couldn't get the licensing rights for, rework the plans and turned it into the original Donkey Kong arcade cabinet, ends up getting into Smash.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Warning Issued
Ahh yes, it's good to be back to Ye Ol' Geno Thread that I'm used to. Give me a moment while I prepare for this post.

Okay, so first and foremost, let me explain why both your posts fail even Debate 101 Day 2 of the class.

The first one isn't even a response with any counterpoints, merely two sentences worth of ad hominems. An ad hominem is when you attack the person you are having the discussion with rather than the point they have made, which is very much what you have done by calling me an 'atention seeling clown'. You also claim that I called Vergeben a liar, which I don't believe I ever did: I merely pointed out that he is no longer relevant in the Smash leak community because he exhausted his resources and burned all his bridges and that shortly before that he was very much wrong about most things or only jumped on board once everyone else and their mother, father and siblings already said it was happening. This isn't even limited to Smash, as he has also given out false information for other games, such as Dragon Ball FighterZ.

The second one ends on a rather weak ad hominem, but what it honestly does is that it tries to take my argument and shape it as if it is coming from someone who is upset with the characters that have gotten in to Smash and is taking it out on a leaker, despite there being no evidence that I feel any sort of way about the matter and the fact that taking it out on a leaker makes no sense as they have no control over the characters chosen. When you shape someone's argument into something that resembles what they argued but is different and debate that instead, this is called strawmanning. However, this is low quality strawmanning as you couldn't even reshape anything I said as it wasn't debateable, so rather you attempt to put up this false version of myself who just wants to ree at an irrelevant leaker because 'lol u mad ur character didn't get in, wittle baby?'

However, if you did even an ounce of reading or research before trying to get at me, you would know that mere comments ago I mentioned that I'm very much down with any character that Sakurai N' Co. can whip up because I enjoy their content and I'd rather have more than less. You would also have learned that the only character I am rooting for is Geno and he's coming soon enough and has nothing to do with Vergeben at all...other than him saying Geno was leakbait. Boy, that aged well.

If you looked back far enough, you would also see that during that time in which you were an absolute idiot if you didn't believe the Grinch Ruse, I was on the side calling it fake and going so far as to call Vergeben 'Our Lord and Savior' and a 'prophet' because he had yet to be wrong. It would been in the months to come where him swearing Minecraft content was in the base game just because his mistook the Cubivore Pig and the codename of Rathalos being 'END_DRAGON' meaning Ender Dragon and that Stealth outted him as taking information he and others already had (which was given to them by this group of insider, btw, not form his own sources at this time) and acted as if it was his own and proceeded to leak it to the masses with no concern to who's jobs may be on the line.

To address your other claims...
  1. Vergeben was one of many to come out around the same time talking about Erdrick specifically, though he mentions his sources heard that Luminary was talked about a lot as well. He never said it would be more than one, he died on the hill of 'Erdrick' which turns out to be a title shared with those who's actions save the realm rather than a unique character name. Fun fact: the Seven Square Reps list was original information gotten by someone else that he passed off as his, and then Sabi made sure someone else took the fall for letting it get out.
  2. Vergeben was VERY late to the Banjo party: Shinobi had already leaked Banjo, the NoA source that is now retired from leaking that was once share by Fatman, Sabi and myself, then Sabi...I think there were more as well, but it wasn't until after all of them that Verge spoke up at all about Banjo, and the majority of us didn't care about what he said anymore as he was already becoming irrelevant at this time.
  3. I had my friends in the Brotherhood of Shadow do some research for me, and as it turns out, Vergeben never said anything about Byleth: the only thing he leaked was the costumes mere moments before they were revealed to the public, as I mentioned already. Additionally, he was the main contributor to the mass deconfirmation list that he had to edit more than once and he was never sure who it would be at any time. So technically, you are right in the fact that he never piggybacked off anyone about Byleth, but also wrong because he never leaked Byleth. I was wrong for saying he piggybacked when it came to Byleth because no one really leaked Byleth at all. I'll admit my loss, will you? Feel free to prove me wrong about Verge leaking Byleth if you can, but burden of proof is on you currently, so bring some evidence next time if you can.

For future reference, don't come at people without more knowledge about what you are talking about. Also, if your initial response is to belittle, insult, or frame the person as someone you can't prove they are...take a step back think dwell on whether or not you should continue that approach.

And now that this is done and over with...

I knew there was a reason they kept you around other than being the person who speaks softly but carries a colossal stick! ;)
-Say that me and the other guy fauled debatting 101

-Proceed to write an useless wall of text on ad hominems while denying what he said in his previous post

-Also proceed to trust Fatman, Who never got anything right in "speculation", as he calls his leaks

-While also forgetting that he called out Vergeben unprompted while no one was talking about him, knowing that tis is a low hanged fruit

-Do massive double standard targeted to making Vergeben looks worse when every leakers do that

-Lie again to say he was against the Grinch Leak when it's painfully obvious that he was one of those that ridiculed others for being sceptical of it

-Also forget that there was a single insider who leaked Min Min, well after it was known that it was an Arls rep, making yet another double standard

-Continue to lie to put himself on a fake moral highground

-Also proceed to use Goku as a reaction pic, the character who is famously stupid, insread of a character who is known to be both violent and smart like Jotaro, who would pass the point at the begining of the post in a way better and smoother way

-Also while Verge did not leak Byleth he posted screenshots of the miis before they showed up, which is proof that he had stuff about Byleth's presentation at the very least. So it turns out that your "friend" (read: you) bs'ed it

-It's known that Sakurai got the right for Erdrick and Luminary first, and Verge talked about both of them, unlike what you said

-Also I'm not denying that Verge got stuff wrong before, but you going after him for no reason is laughtable at best, and this is far from the best case scenario for you here. His Smash record is still extremly good, having got 2 things wrong related to Smash with one of them being a minor thing (one of them being the Minecraft content that he admited he got leakbaited by despite what some try to make other believe, the other would be that Erdrick/Luminary would be the first character of the fighter pass when Hero was actualy the second)

And after all that, you're the one who knows how to argue? You just expose yourself as a clown even more than usual.

Also your formating is terrible, and you cannot pull the "I'm on mobile" excuse because I typed my post on mobile.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
-Say that me and the other guy fauled debatting 101

-Proceed to write an useless wall of text on ad hominems while denying what he said in his previous post

-Also proceed to trust Fatman, Who never got anything right in "speculation", as he calls his leaks

-While also forgetting that he called out Vergeben unprompted while no one was talking about him, knowing that tis is a low hanged fruit

-Do massive double standard targeted to making Vergeben looks worse when every leakers do that

-Lie again to say he was against the Grinch Leak when it's painfully obvious that he was one of those that ridiculed others for being sceptical of it

-Also forget that there was a single insider who leaked Min Min, well after it was known that it was an Arls rep, making yet another double standard

-Continue to lie to put himself on a fake moral highground

-Also proceed to use Goku as a reaction pic, the character who is famously stupid, insread of a character who is known to be both violent and smart like Jotaro, who would pass the point at the begining of the post in a way better and smoother way

-Also while Verge did not leak Byleth he posted screenshots of the miis before they showed up, which is proof that he had stuff about Byleth's presentation at the very least. So it turns out that your "friend" (read: you) bs'ed it

-It's known that Sakurai got the right for Erdrick and Luminary first, and Verge talked about both of them, unlike what you said

-Also I'm not denying that Verge got stuff wrong before, but you going after him for no reason is laughtable at best, and this is far from the best case scenario for you here. His Smash record is still extremly good, having got 2 things wrong related to Smash with one of them being a minor thing (one of them being the Minecraft content that he admited he got leakbaited by despite what some try to make other believe, the other would be that Erdrick/Luminary would be the first character of the fighter pass when Hero was actualy the second)

And after all that, you're the one who knows how to argue? You just expose yourself as a clown even more than usual.

Also your formating is terrible, and you cannot pull the "I'm on mobile" excuse because I typed my post on mobile.
This is getting way too personal for just being a debate. This argument needs to be dropped or taken to PMs.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
I just want to explain something; I really don´t expect tomorrow, but people shouldn´t take high expectations in what I say. I just try to guess when and what info we get. I have no insider info, or am in any kind of discord. The SMTV guess, was just luck and remembering that we didn´t see nothing from that game for years. I´m not 100% sure that we will get Geno on the 15th but the odds for him do seem likely. Next week seems more likely for Smash News.
If I´m wrong, I will eat crap with a fork, knife and bib included.
Also, If we do get geno next week, I will sponsor two 10$ gift cards.
first come,first serve on the pm´s.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if Nintendo and Sakurai will notice the sudden surge in Fighters Pass sales after Geno's reveal.
depends on how many people bought the pass at launch/ after min min, vs those who were waiting for more characters to see how many they want. odds are some people who do want geno will still wait, just to see who else is in it

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Hopefully we get more Nintendo news soon that isn't just things getting shadow dropped on Twitter (why wasn't that Hyrule Warriors sequel part of a direct?)

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Hopefully we get more Nintendo news soon that isn't just things getting shadow dropped on Twitter (why wasn't that Hyrule Warriors sequel part of a direct?)
With the overwhelmingly positive reception of the shadow dropped video presentations (at least in terms of upvotes on the actual video), of both Hyrule Warriors 2 and the Mario Direct, maybe they feel it's a fine way to get the information out. Honestly I have no problem with shadow dropped announcements. At the end of the day it means that we're getting information, personally to me it doesn't matter how. I'm sure it matters more to other people, so I get it for people that prefer directs.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
the problem is less them shadow dropping, but that there is so much time (around 2-3 months) between them.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
With the overwhelmingly positive reception of the shadow dropped video presentations (at least in terms of upvotes on the actual video), of both Hyrule Warriors 2 and the Mario Direct, maybe they feel it's a fine way to get the information out. Honestly I have no problem with shadow dropped announcements. At the end of the day it means that we're getting information, personally to me it doesn't matter how. I'm sure it matters more to other people, so I get it for people that prefer directs.
Nintendo appears to respect Sakurai and want to give his Presents showcases attention. So I think they will always announce his events instead of shadow dropping them.

In fact, the only character showcase that was shadow dropped, Joker's, was also the one that didn't have Sakurai narrating.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I want to say the Mario direct dropped at 9. Hyrule Warriors might have been 10 EST though.
Mario Direct I BELEIVE dropped at 8 central. I know that because I had to be to work at 9 central that Thursday and was worried I wouldn't be able to watch the show when it was NEW (and therefore unspoiled) but it turned out I had plenty of time because it was an hour earlier than I was expecting

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
This is getting way too personal for just being a debate. This argument needs to be dropped or taken to PMs.
I agree, it needs to be dropped because it cannot progress any further than what it has already: I made a random comment about Verge, this guy insulted me over it, I explained why he was wrong to act that way, and he slings more insults. I'm not sure why he's taken this all so personally but I'd rather not be stuck in a loop of that when I could instead be happily awaiting Geno"s reveal coming very soon.

Something about silence is this best reply to these kinds of people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom