• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
I gotta say, Tiff actually did call Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart Live way before they were announced. Receipts are somewhere on Discord, and possibly still up on her Twitter.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm not going by insiders when I guess there might be a potential announcement, I'm going based on logical deductions. Having the announcement for the Sakurai Presents dropping tomorrow and then it happening next week, followed by FP7's release the week after that seems like a decent possibility here. Not guaranteed by any means, but it does seem to follow the kind of release strategy the previous 2 DLC fighters have followed

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Imagine criticizing someone because of things they buy/sell in terms of being credible of leaking information.

That would be like saying someone can't be a credible leaker because they buy adult coloring books or attend general wellness seminars: none of that has anything to do with them being a leaker and shouldn't be used for or against them as such.

Now the weird posts she's made as jokes is a bit of a different story, but even that matters less than her actual record of being right. Jeff Grub often posts things I don't agree with, but does that make him less credible? Of course not!

This thread gets disgustingly toxic randomly, jesus.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Whether you believe Tiffany to be credible or not, the tweet in question - that is not hers,. mind you, but from a random person that we're only entertaining here because she happened to like the tweet - has a hard deadline of tomorrow for this announcement, so just note it and move on with your day and we'll see if it happens tomorrow or not. If it does, awesome! If not, meh, we'll see next week. We don't need to have a multi-page debate over the qualifications of someone with potential connections that has a spotty record.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I would also like to remind everyone that all these big leakers we follow have been wrong about what content shows up when several times, even if they were right about the content itself.

In addition, Markmaro has a spotty record, but he has been on a roll recently. The same can be true for Tiffany: just because they aren't as consistently right as others doesn't mean they have to be wrong.

I think we should keep in mind how she has been right recently. You don't have to worship her or believe everything she says from now on, but it could easily been she's gotten good info recently.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
I would also like to remind everyone that all these big leakers we follow have been wrong about what content shows up when several times, even if they were right about the content itself.

In addition, Markmaro has a spotty record, but he has been on a roll recently. The same can be true for Tiffany: just because they aren't as consistently right as others doesn't mean they have to be wrong.

I think we should keep in mind how she has been right recently. You don't have to worship her or believe everything she says from now on, but it could easily been she's gotten good info recently.
Yeah you articulated my sentiments a lot better. She appears to have been more correct on actual content, but is lousy with dates. But then again - everyone has been wrong about dates this year.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Forgive me, I know this is about Geno, but why is this important, exactly?
I didn't say it's important, you just asked why we're talking about her. This is why. =P I don't think anything that doesn't come with concrete evidence or proof should be entertained, yet here we are.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I didn't say it's important, you just asked why we're talking about her. This is why. =P I don't think anything that doesn't come with concrete evidence or proof should be entertained, yet here we are.
Okay. Even though I am not sure if this could be trusted, given who we are talking about here.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
No I'm simply saying the reasons you provided just aren't substantial so it's quite apparent why it didn't make sense for you to quote my post and pass off a bunch of things which really aren't substantial. I'm not involved, but I'm not going to block my ears to something Sakurai has definitively said himself. And sorry if they did call you delusional but the reality is that Smash has to end at some point whether you like it or not and after Sakurai making a short and snappy deconfirmation now is the best time.

It just seems to me that you are completely ignoring what I actually mean and I see no reason to continue. If we get another pass we will probably say we will get another and so on and so forth so we need to set our expectations to some level especially when we only know about one character which is Min Min.

You just provided a bunch of reasons which I explained why they don't mean much. And I still think that surely is a testament to the likelihood of anything else in the long run.

But like I said you do you but you could honestly provide better reasons as using things that could be pushed as fact like Sakurai saying 'I don't like DLC' or him implying something in a presentation are honestly just making it look like you are trying to make it more likely when the reasons themselves don't suggest much in the long run.
We don't need to continue, but just remember that Sakurai has always changed his mind on Smash.
For example, he said to "not expect too many characters" pre-Ultimate release, and now look where we are.
I do realize he meant base game by that quote, but I'd rather think of the endless possibilities rather than shut myself and everyone who tries to.

I know it's reassuring to go by the director's own words, but you're seriously limiting yourself.
I don't care if you can't handle this wild ride in fear of potential disappointment, just don't pull other people down.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
So, why are we talking about Tiffany, again?
Because of this particular post, before the one Okami posted:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Hot girl Tiffany who has leaked multiple things in the past correctly ran a poll asking people when the next fighter reveal would happen and it appears someone got it right as she has liked their tweet
The dude is a rando and the only reason it is notable is because Tiffany liked it, but then the thread spent the next two pages debating whether she was a credible leaker or not

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Why are you guys leaving out all the things she got right?

- Hyrule Warriors AOC
  • Mario Kart Live
  • NMH delay announcement

AND she even called that Mario Kart would be Toys related! I mean, come on now. NO ONE was saying that.
It's because she's strange on the internet and overtly sexual in many ways. That makes her a naughty little girl and apparently that discredits any legitimacy she could possibly have.

She called a non BotW2 game this year way before anyone else said anything, she was thr only one to suggest Mario Kart was going to have some toy accessory and talked about NMH3 before anyone else really brought it up, but because she makes some people uncomfortable and she made fun of Geno fans once or twice, gotta discredit her!

Or, ya know, we need to realize that regardless of her weird self she's got some things before now and she's batting a thousand with everything she's said recently.

Though if we get an announcement tomorrow, literally everyone is talking about that already so that won't REALLY be hers to claim, but we have proof that she likely knew the date at least.

Heoj

Smash Ace
I feel like tiffanys fate does sort of come down to whether or not that tweet she liked is legit or not, didnt it predict an announcement for friday with the reveal on monday?

I mean if she does have and get legit info then i dont see why she would like that one random tweet predicting a reveal date

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Why’s everyone saying Tiffany as if it’s 1 person. There’s like 6 of them that run that account.

Firox

Smash Master
OK, so given the positive points of Tiffany's track record, and assuming that her weird tweet about Geno meant anything, would you guys interpret it as a subtle hint that he IS or IS NOT coming to Smash DLC? That winky face is melting my brain with its ambiguity.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
One thing people need to recognize, in a general sense, is that different insiders know different things, and they are beholden to their sources, who may or may not have/give them accurate info but may themselves only know about certain things and be playing a game of telephone with their sources, who could have spotty info about stuff.

You won’t find a lot of people who will say Verge is a fraud, for example, but it’s very clear that while he knew almost everything about Ultimate base game (including a DQ rep which we found out later was almost included in the base game), but didn’t know about PPlant, didn’t know about Joker, and basically didn’t know anything about any of the DLC besides Hero. Their non-Ultimate info has also been hit-or-miss, but it’s clear they did know stuff at one point.

Point being, insiders can’t know everything, and if their sources have wrong info or deliberately lie to them, they aren’t always going to know everything. But that doesn’t mean that they’re fake or not credible just because they didn’t get things 100% correct, when it can be demonstrated that they have correctly predicted things and clearly do have legitimate sources, just ones that are more ‘localized’ to certain things and not all-knowing.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
One thing people need to recognize, in a general sense, is that different insiders know different things, and they are beholden to their sources, who may or may not have/give them accurate info but may themselves only know about certain things and be playing a game of telephone with their sources, who could have spotty info about stuff.

You won’t find a lot of people who will say Verge is a fraud, for example, but it’s very clear that while he knew almost everything about Ultimate base game (including a DQ rep which we found out later was almost included in the base game), but didn’t know about PPlant, didn’t know about Joker, and basically didn’t know anything about any of the DLC besides Hero. Their non-Ultimate info has also been hit-or-miss, but it’s clear they did know stuff at one point.

Point being, insiders can’t know everything, and if their sources have wrong info or deliberately lie to them, they aren’t always going to know everything. But that doesn’t mean that they’re fake or not credible just because they didn’t get things 100% correct, when it can be demonstrated that they have correctly predicted things and clearly do have legitimate sources, just ones that are more ‘localized’ to certain things and not all-knowing.
not trying to argue but verg knew about banjo for ages and knew about Byleth. He even showed proof that he knew about Byleth because people were harassing him for giving them what they wanted.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Are people whining about Hotgirl again? I think some of her stuff is legitimate because it lines up with stuff I have heard but things that concern me on my end:

-She's blasted things that, whether true or not, had no business being made public.

-Given certain tweets she has erased, she likely got in trouble with her own contacts for posting them.

-The camgirl/Nintendo combo is weird. It's like if it was a camgirl/Disney combo. She claimed in one of her posts that she was born in 1982 so she's 38 with a sexually explicit Twitter account tied to a brand that's very heavily marketed to kids and teens.

-She gives away money and prizes... A lot. My wife and I do this for our Halloween Facebook group because it encourages community engagement and participation but you don't really have that for a "leaker." In our Facebook group, the focus is local businesses and non-profits and trying to drive public interest in local participation in public events from mid September to early November. With a leaker with a platform, you basically have one person talking and the only interaction is whether people believe them or not. This person is then in full control of whatever happens next. This is why I don't have a big social media presence. When I present stuff, I don't want to be in control of the platform. I want people to talk to me and ask me questions. I want to be a part of the community and not have people feel like their posts will be deleted or they'll be banned if they interact with me in a way that isn't full on groveling.

In the end, my main objections are her approach and she's often dangerously close to how Sabi was. Some of her stuff lines up but I've seen a number of warning signs that the relationships with her contacts are very one sided and that she does what she wants with the information she gets, regardless of whether it's 1. legitimate or 2. potentially "dangerous" to her contacts for being out in the open.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
not trying to argue but verg knew about banjo for ages and knew about Byleth. He even showed proof that he knew about Byleth because people were harassing him for giving them what they wanted.
Ah, I’ll take the L on that then! But the principle till stands - nobody will ever have a 100% track record, but that doesn’t mean that someone is 100% wrong just cause they’ve haven’t been 100% right. It does mean that things they say should always be taken with a grain of salt, though - which should be standard practice, really - especially if it pertains to series/games that they’ve already had incorrect info about, whether that be Smash or otherwise

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Verge knew about the base game because he swiped the information from people who wouldn't share it and decided to go against the league no matter who he hurt along the way.

The only thing he knew about DLC before piggybacking off of other people who already knew about Banjo and Byleth was Hero, and no single person knew 100% what Hero was but everyone knew something.

Since then, he hasn't known a damn thing and went from being desperate to prove he had information (like knowing Mii Costumes mere second away from them being revealed live to the public) to being radio silent on Smash and maybe just in general as far as I can tell.

Ode To The Life Of A Leaker and all that I suppose.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
OK, so given the positive points of Tiffany's track record, and assuming that her weird tweet about Geno meant anything, would you guys interpret it as a subtle hint that he IS or IS NOT coming to Smash DLC? That winky face is melting my brain with its ambiguity.
From what I saw the tweet was just written in a way that says Geno would not be coming in 2020. The statement is so vague that the only way the account would be discredited is if Geno was announced and released in 2020. If the character shows up in 2021 the statement is true, and if the character doesn't show up at all, the statement is still true. Its a wide net.

Overall seems pretty pointless to even entertain someone who is obviously just messing with fans of the character.
You're all just better off theorizing as usual.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Verge knew about the base game because he swiped the information from people who wouldn't share it and decided to go against the league no matter who he hurt along the way.

The only thing he knew about DLC before piggybacking off of other people who already knew about Banjo and Byleth was Hero, and no single person knew 100% what Hero was but everyone knew something.

Since then, he hasn't known a damn thing and went from being desperate to prove he had information (like knowing Mii Costumes mere second away from them being revealed live to the public) to being radio silent on Smash and maybe just in general as far as I can tell.

Talk about being an atention seeling clown because a leaker did not leak the character you wanted. But the funny irony in this is how you lie about multiple things Vergeben never did while calling him a liar.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Fury is Fawful’s thing, and is a status effect Bowser can get in BIS...this sounds plausible.
I would love Fawful to break into main stream mario but honestly it seems too out there and too good to be true. I imagine it'll be fairly by the numbers. Maybe a playable bowser if they feel bold

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I'm just more focused on the possibility of Fighter 7's reveal being a repeat of Min Min's: announcement on Friday, followed by the reveal next Monday. Whether or not HGV is credible (I've no idea if she is or not), that outcome just seems likely, especially since, again, there's maintenance on Monday next week, not to mention the countless signs that we're inching ever closer to Fighter 7's reveal.

Theguy123

Smash Lord

“piggybacking off other people” no he didn’t. He knew about hero happening before anyone else. He didn’t know it was gonna be multiple hero’s but he knew a dragon quest character was happening

He was 99% confident banjo was happening and he 100% didn’t piggyback off people who were saying Byleth.

Hardly anyone knew about Byleth. He even showed proof from his sources that he knew about Byleth and wasn’t piggybacking off anyone.

you sound salty that your most wanted’s didn’t make it in and is now looking to take it out on verg.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Not that I’m paying attention to those tweets at all. But it could just be saying not 2020 but 2021. But the format is disrespectful af and I’m just ignoring it completely

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Not that I’m paying attention to those tweets at all. But it could just be saying not 2020 but 2021. But the format is disrespectful af and I’m just ignoring it completely
assuming we’re on about the Tiffany Geno message didn’t it say “Geno is not coming 2020” and then said Or at the bottom. Wouldn’t that imply that they’re saying he is coming in 2020 rather than coming in 2021

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So you think the announcement will be tonight in our area since in Japan it'll be in the morning, or tomorrow?

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Entertaining the possibility that she isn't full of manure, the way I read that is that the "OR ;)" would be a complete opposite of what she wrote above. So I would think she would mean that Geno is coming in 2020. But the ambiguity of it along with her normal mysterious and vague as cap demeanor makes it really hard to tell, hah.

Firox

Smash Master
Entertaining the possibility that she isn't full of manure, the way I read that is that the "OR ;)" would be a complete opposite of what she wrote above. So I would think she would mean that Geno is coming in 2020. But the ambiguity of it along with her normal mysterious and vague as cap demeanor makes it really hard to tell, hah.
That's what I'm saying! The stupid "OR ;)" completely debunks her own statement! Which is it?! Is he coming in 2020 or not?! I HAVE TO KNOW! (head explodes into confetti)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom