• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
That isn't at all the same as 'that's all you are getting'.

You are also looking way too deep into what Sakurai is saying. It was during when the Min Min presentation was recorded that Sakurai said that is all we are getting so he never implied bonuses. At this point im thinking it is just because people want more content that they think bonuses are a lock or what have you since these really seem like straw grasping. I've alread said this in the Waluigi thread but being completely objective, expecting bonuses probably isn't the best idea considering all it has going against it. Even the people who are making up reasons as to why can't seem to come up with any believable reason. Like I said think what you will but it's evident that nothing suggests they have much of a shot if even the people who think so have to take a phrase out of context in a completely unrelated video and comparing Sakurai saying 'I dislike' to 'that's all you are getting'
You can think whatever you want. But not everybody who disagrees with you is grasping at straws, seriously stop this elitist behavior.

Yeah people want more content from Smash Ultimate, but bonuses aren't something we made up out of thin air.
16 additional slots were data mined early on in the game files that are currently being filled with DLC fighters.

You act as if you were involved with Sakurai or the Smash Bros team, give me a ****ing break.
They called me delusional when I said they'll do a Fighters Pass 2 because it's good business, then it actually happens and everyone changes their stance and act as if it was a regular occurrence.

Don't impose your views on me, I could want ****ing Godzilla as a hybrid stagehazard/boss/assist trophy/fighter as part of a fourth Fighters Pass, why do you care.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
calling it right now the Bowsers fury mode is gonna be the return of fawful and the dark star. It makes sense if Nintendo now own the mario and Luigi RPG characters. Fawful felt complete but could come back due to popular demand and the dark stars story didn’t feel fully complete
Fury is Fawful’s thing, and is a status effect Bowser can get in BIS...this sounds plausible.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Bonus charactees would be cool, even echo fighter levels. Honestly, the thing I like most about Smash is playing as the character, not so much how they play. Even if more characters were added but played like something already in game, I wouldn't mind because I now have the character. Echoes would also be an easy cost effective way to extend Ultimate without needing to come up with stages, spirits or more music. I mean, we have 2 fighter passes that cost almost the same as base game with barely 10% of base's content. On paper, that sounds absurd and who would ever want that? But, in reality, Smash sells. Clearly, demand is there and will always be there.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
As it currently stands, we're getting 5 more characters guaranteed. Expecting bonus characters right now when this second pass hasn't even reached half way, or even a quarter of the way, is just setting yourself up for disappointment. People shouldn't have this "bonus character during the pass" or "after the pass" mindset, it's unhealthy. This is probably the last set of DLC, and people need to be prepared for it. If Nintendo happens to decide that they want to go for post-Fighters Pass 2 DLC towards the end of Fighters Pass 2, and Sakurai agrees to it, then that's great. Until then, we should see Fighters Pass 2 as the last DLC for this game.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
Also, HotGirlVideos69 has a tendency to remove twitter posts, so here's the one regarding Geno-

View attachment 285161
View attachment 285162
View attachment 285163
View attachment 285164

I'm guessing that means he's just a deluxe Mii costume :/
Just because she managed to get some things right doesn’t mean everything she says will be true. She hasn’t gotten any Smash news right so far except somehow guessing the date of the ARMS presentation (not the actual ARMS character though) and the people who’ve hinted at Geno or SMRPG things (Zhuge, Jeff Grubb, some people at GameXplain, etc.) outweigh her predictions on Geno.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
People shouldn't have this "bonus character during the pass" or "after the pass" mindset, it's unhealthy.
It’s really not, people aren’t acting like it’s 100% going to happen no-questions-asked. Any sort of hopeful speculation is unhealthy then, due to the risk of disappointment, but that isn’t mentally damaging at all if people are in the right mind. People would temporarily be kinda sad and maybe a bit miffed at worst.

Also, HotGirlVideos69 has a tendency to remove twitter posts, so here's the one regarding Geno-

View attachment 285161
View attachment 285162
View attachment 285163
View attachment 285164

Could be a tease with the winky face assuming she actually knows anything regarding the pass’s contents.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 285161
View attachment 285162
View attachment 285163
View attachment 285164

Who honestly knows? Maybe that was a joke or a hint with that winky face. I seriously doubt we’ll be getting a deluxe costume of any character. I don’t even think she even has Smash info except some guesses. Or credible at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

If you guys wanted to know what Tiffany Treadmore/HotGirlVideos69 looked like, I came across this in Google Images-
That face is no stranger to murder. We know where she got her info from, now.

calling it right now the Bowsers fury mode is gonna be the return of fawful and the dark star. It makes sense if Nintendo now own the mario and Luigi RPG characters. Fawful felt complete but could come back due to popular demand and the dark stars story didn’t feel fully complete
Pretty sure Nintendo owned Mario and Luigi characters to begin with... But who knows, what with how ****ity Japanese IP laws can be. Lemme just say, I love Fawful. He's a comical character and probably the best underdog villain in any Nintendo franchise. I prefer him as the whipping boy to a lanky witch more than I like what he became, but to each his own. If I still had the images from back in the day, he was one of many Mario characters I wanted to see in Smash. I still think he'd fit in just fine, after they put Geno in, and all...

But I don't think this is Fawful's comeback. Or the dark star. Or anything related. I can be wrong, of course, but I just don't think he's about to be shoehorned into a mainline Mario platformer when they have swerved him for Mario Party, Mario Kart and Mario Tennis for almost two decades. Similarities between the look and feel of the dark star is likely a coincidence, and "Fury" is a real word that doesn't always imply Fawful. I didn't see him in Mad Max: Fury Road.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Hot girl Tiffany who has leaked multiple things in the past correctly ran a poll asking people when the next fighter reveal would happen and it appears someone got it right as she has liked their tweet
Let it be known that whether Tiffany is credible or not, the Friday announcement for a Sakurai Presents leak thing was not hers, but another tweeter.

Still could be a guess, though.

D

Deleted member

Just because she managed to get some things right doesn’t mean everything she says will be true. She hasn’t gotten any Smash news right so far except somehow guessing the date of the ARMS presentation (not the actual ARMS character though) and the people who’ve hinted at Geno or SMRPG things (Zhuge, Jeff Grubb, some people at GameXplain, etc.) outweigh her predictions on Geno.
ZHuge talked about Geno? I heard Imran, Grubb, and GameXplain but not him... Is there a source?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

View attachment 285161
View attachment 285162
View attachment 285163
View attachment 285164

I don't even know why you're still paying attention to this user; her track record is basically non-existent, and she's thrown out quite a few specific dates only to get them wrong. (I had one bookmarked for situations like this, but it's been deleted since then)

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

View attachment 285161
View attachment 285162
View attachment 285163
View attachment 285164

I don't really believe anything she says. Like other people have said, she has a spotty track record, and I think she used the Twitter Trick to gain credibility. [Besides, I can't take anyone with the name HotGirlVideos69 seriously].

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't really believe anything she says. Like other people have said, she has a spotty track record, and I think she used the Twitter Trick to gain credibility. [Besides, I can't take anyone with the name HotGirlVideos69 seriously].
Neither can I. Plus, I believe I heard she sells things that are too inappropriate to mention here.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yet, a guy by the username the Mother*******leaker dropped the ESRB leak back in Smash 4 and leaked it's entire base roster. Though that doesn't mean I trust HotGirlVideo69 I'm just saying usernames don't mean anything.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Welp, it seems like there is less and less evidence towards a General Direct by the day, not that we really expected one any longer by this point. In the span of a week we have seen:
  1. A Mario 35th Anniversary Direct gets shadow dropped and dumps a whole pile of portly plumber content on us, some of it for next year.
  2. Hyrule Warriors 2 gets shadow dropped to come out in November with more information on the 26th.
  3. We find out that it's likely this Mario 35th stuff got delayed from as far back as April.
  4. No More Heroes 3 has officially announced its delay.
  5. Credible persons saying Bravely Default 2 will be delayed.

I feel as though Nintendo just couldn't get their big announcements all setup again due to delays and thus instead of doing big Directs they went with something that can easily be thrown together within a month's time (Partner Showcase) and just shadow dropping the rest up until they got the Mario Direct ready again and penciled in.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Yet, a guy by the username the Mother*******leaker dropped the ESRB leak back in Smash 4 and leaked it's entire base roster. Though that doesn't mean I trust HotGirlVideo69 I'm just saying usernames don't mean anything.
Yeah good point.
I still think it is a weird name, and as SonicSmasher said, she apparently sells inappropriate items that shall not be named on this thread. I just think it would be odd for a leaker to choose the name they did and sell these products to people. It just doesn't feel very professional and it just seems kinda suspicious.

D

Deleted member

Whether Tiffany got some credibility or not, (highly doubt it) Imran Kahn was casually talking about Geno and yesterday we found out he did the same with Hyrule Warriors which was a hint. If he’s doing the same for Geno, we’re in a really good position.

Last edited by a moderator:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
The whole Tiffany Geno tweet thing is probably a joke. She does that a lot. Tweets jokes. She’s got a 50/50 record with leaks and that do whether you take what she tweets as a leak or not is up to you. The Geno thing is most likely a joke. Pretty sure She wants Geno playable as well.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Until Friday has come and gone, I'm not going to write off a potential Sakurai Presents announcement off just yet. Plus, if we do get it announced on Friday, the timeline of FP7 being released the following week after next week would be fairly close to the next amiibo wave and not potentially going too far forward

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Pretty sure Nintendo owned Mario and Luigi characters to begin with... But who knows, what with how ****ity Japanese IP laws can be. Lemme just say, I love Fawful. He's a comical character and probably the best underdog villain in any Nintendo franchise. I prefer him as the whipping boy to a lanky witch more than I like what he became, but to each his own. If I still had the images from back in the day, he was one of many Mario characters I wanted to see in Smash. I still think he'd fit in just fine, after they put Geno in, and all...

But I don't think this is Fawful's comeback. Or the dark star. Or anything related. I can be wrong, of course, but I just don't think he's about to be shoehorned into a mainline Mario platformer when they have swerved him for Mario Party, Mario Kart and Mario Tennis for almost two decades. Similarities between the look and feel of the dark star is likely a coincidence, and "Fury" is a real word that doesn't always imply Fawful. I didn't see him in Mad Max: Fury Road.
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The majority of the mario and Luigi RPG characters were owned by AlphaDream. Pretty sure.

AlphaDream makes them so they’re technically AlphaDream characters and Nintendo would have to go to them to use them. That’s probably why they haven’t made appearances in other games outside the RPGs.

Whether Nintendo wanna honour AlphaDream by bringing some of there more popular characters into spinoffs and mainline mario games is up to Nintendo but there’s a lot going for the fawful theory

the Bowser logo looks like the exact one used in the bowsers inside story title

the title being bowsers fury is similar to fawful’s Catchphrase. “I have fury”

the eyes in the bell from the bowsers fury trailer look very similar to the dark stars eyes.

the black pointy stuff around the bowsers fury logo look similar to the black steam around the dark star.

there’s just so much lining up with the theory

Trevenant

Smash Lord
You can think whatever you want. But not everybody who disagrees with you is grasping at straws, seriously stop this elitist behavior.

Yeah people want more content from Smash Ultimate, but bonuses aren't something we made up out of thin air.
16 additional slots were data mined early on in the game files that are currently being filled with DLC fighters.

You act as if you were involved with Sakurai or the Smash Bros team, give me a ****ing break.
They called me delusional when I said they'll do a Fighters Pass 2 because it's good business, then it actually happens and everyone changes their stance and act as if it was a regular occurrence.

Don't impose your views on me, I could want ****ing Godzilla as a hybrid stagehazard/boss/assist trophy/fighter as part of a fourth Fighters Pass, why do you care.
No I'm simply saying the reasons you provided just aren't substantial so it's quite apparent why it didn't make sense for you to quote my post and pass off a bunch of things which really aren't substantial. I'm not involved, but I'm not going to block my ears to something Sakurai has definitively said himself. And sorry if they did call you delusional but the reality is that Smash has to end at some point whether you like it or not and after Sakurai making a short and snappy deconfirmation now is the best time.

It just seems to me that you are completely ignoring what I actually mean and I see no reason to continue. If we get another pass we will probably say we will get another and so on and so forth so we need to set our expectations to some level especially when we only know about one character which is Min Min.

You just provided a bunch of reasons which I explained why they don't mean much. And I still think that surely is a testament to the likelihood of anything else in the long run.

But like I said you do you but you could honestly provide better reasons as using things that could be pushed as fact like Sakurai saying 'I don't like DLC' or him implying something in a presentation are honestly just making it look like you are trying to make it more likely when the reasons themselves don't suggest much in the long run.

Last edited:

Skull Leader

Smash Cadet
Tiffany is never wrong, but she is quite often not right.

It looks like she's trying to build a cult of personality around herself, which isn't a bad thing. But in those cases, attention will eventually outpace "journalistic integrity" in getting the story right.

She (they?) have gotten enough right to pay attention to what she says/does but is really only reliable after another source or two confirms and her info supports.

D

Deleted member

Tiffany is never wrong, but she is quite often not right.

It looks like she's trying to build a cult of personality around herself, which isn't a bad thing. But in those cases, attention will eventually outpace "journalistic integrity" in getting the story right.

She (they?) have gotten enough right to pay attention to what she says/does but is really only reliable after another source or two confirms and her info supports.
She spent a long while getting a lot wrong, but her recent activity has been spot on. I don't expect it to last forever, but I do expect it to carry us through Geno's reveal, at least.

HanSoloIndie

Smash Cadet
I wish Nintendo would just buy the SMRPG IP and all it's characters from Square-Enix. Square isn't doing anything with it, so it would be better if they just give it to Nintendo.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. Just IMAGINE the unique world building and lore opportunities for the Mario RPG series if they reintroduce SMRPG into that. It would be crazy and make a whole lot of sense. As a matter of fact, the Mario RPG genre really needs that right NOW since Paper Mario is pretty much guaranteed to be diverging from it's RPG roots and M&L series are dead from Alphadream.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
For me, Tiffany Treadmore is just too vague about too much and has a huge number of cryptic and random tweets. Some of it does turn out true, some of it remains a mystery. Not saying she might not have a contact who knows more than the average Joe, but it's really just too hard to put stock in what she's saying. (As an aside, I don't think her username / profession / business alone should be any sort of discredit to her, the adult industry is a legitimate industry.)

The thing about that Geno tweet she had is that it also doesn't make any sense because it can be interpreted meaning he definitely isn't coming to Smash or he definitely is. What's the point of "leaking" if the thing you're leaking can mean the complete opposites?

I think everyone is just pulling at straws now, and I can't blame them, but we really need Sakurai to show up soon and set some things straight, haha.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Treadmore had some rather particular themes when it came to her account before it first came to light and honestly she just has way too much time on her hands. Gotten quite a bit wrong, her account was wrong at least until she changed it to a leak account but even then I'm fairly certain she has made a few callbacks to her old persona even after migrating to her new moniker, and they say 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Last edited:

Yoro

Smash Rookie
I ate my words on Tuesday literally ten minutes before the zelda news so hopefully I'll be wrong again after I say this, but as someone previously stated I wouldn't expect any more news this week, let alone Smash news. We already got our Nintendo news of the week with this BOTW Hyrule Warrior stuff. The tweet regarding the alleged "dates" feel like bait, especially when we take a look at who's backing it. I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens Friday and we continue the cycle next Tuesday.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I really feel like it´s gonna be on tuesday. Monday feels weird even if it has precedent.
I think Monday makes the most sense honestly

If you announce it Friday and have the actual presentation on Monday, there’s a lot of time to let the fans hype it up before the reveal. If the character is decently big, then you do want that build up

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Yeah, what few things she did get right are still incredibly spotty to me. Sorry, but when she's making tweets about Geno's fans wanting to have, ahem, 'relations' with him, I can't take someone like that seriously rofl. Haven't people like Nate Drake already discredited her anyway? You know, actual insiders?

Sorry, but I ain't buying anything that comes from her.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I don't even know why you're still paying attention to this user; her track record is basically non-existent, and she's thrown out quite a few specific dates only to get them wrong. (I had one bookmarked for situations like this, but it's been deleted since then)
This. Do yourselves a favor and don't fall so low as to give that person attention they don't even gain by their own merits. I have literally seen them many times pretty much piggyback as soon as someone else who is actually known to be somewhat credible spiills the beans in some way, it's super evident. And like everyone said already at this point, she played the broken clock game, eventually she got some dates right, but every other time has been complete garbage waste of time as usual with guessers like that. How many times has this person said we will get a metroid and botw2 trailer? freaking months, and don't give me the pandemic BS, cause that didn't stop ACTUAL legit insiders from nailing their dates all the time so far for the past few months, while this individual hasn't. Move on from it and don't brand yourselves as believers of such individual, it's pretty sad just to even amuse her "credibility" these days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom