• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
My guess at the roster

1.Link
2.Zelda
3.Impa
4.Purah
5.Robbie
6.Mipha
7.Daruk
8.Urbosa
9. Revali
10.Kilton
11.King of Hyrule
12.Yiga Boi
13. Baby Sidon
14. Waterblight
15. Thunderblight
16. Fireblight
17. Windblight
18. Korok
19. Guardian
20. GanonCorpse
21. Beedle
Guardian is a brilliant idea, let me be the omnidroid

MattX20

Smash Hero
"No Smash announcement today, so it won't be until October." has to be the silliest thing I've heard in a while. It's the first full week of September, why would nothing announced today possibly write off the chance of it happening any of the next 22 days? For how optimistic you guys are for Geno coming, you're sure pessimistic about a lot of other things 😅.
Thank you. It's really tiring to hear this unhealthy degree of skepticism at times

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is it just me or is announcing a brand new Zelda on a Tuesday morning really, REALLY weird? I don't think Nintendo's done for this week but everyone's saying "it's not a General Direct." I feel like there's some sort of presentation coming that's maybe a mini or something but not super small like a Partner Showcase. I dunno. A lot of things are lining up such as the Direct page updates and the fact that Indies always proceed major presentations by 2-3 weeks but nobody can specifically name what it's supposed to be.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Is it just me or is announcing a brand new Zelda on a Tuesday morning really, REALLY weird? I don't think Nintendo's done for this week but everyone's saying "it's not a General Direct." I feel like there's some sort of presentation coming that's maybe a mini or something but not super small like a Partner Showcase. I dunno. A lot of things are lining up such as the Direct page updates and the fact that Indies always proceed major presentations by 2-3 weeks but nobody can specifically name what it's supposed to be.
A direct mini is certainly possible, just not full on general directs for 2020 it seems

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
At this point, I doubt we are getting a general direct. And quite frankly, I wouldn´t mind if that's the cause. Shadow dropped news for then to release it like 2 months later is way more refreshing the have to wait for E3, after E3. Sure, but honestly, I have actually started to prefer this approach

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
A direct mini is certainly possible, just not full on general directs for 2020 it seems
The strange thing, if they just combined the content at the partner showcase, the Mario anniversary, Hyrule Warriors, amiibo news, fighter 7 (or hell, even 8), Pikmin 3, NSO, Nario Kart Live and other random filler like Bakugan, then that was enough for a full blown Direct. So, why did the Direct have to be broken apart then?

D

Deleted member

I find the Mario tournament being pushed back is certainly plausible given that Nintendo delayed the Mario anniversary celebration by 5 months. As mentioned by others, it seems totally appropriate to not start the tournament right away if there is a potential Mario newcomer. I believe there were rumors about a Mario focused direct back in April.

Last edited by a moderator:

axel_

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't seem like Frontier Developments is going to be there though, I don't think they've ever participated in TGS. I checked and they weren't part of 2019 either.

View attachment 284921
I'M SORRY
THERE'S GONNA BE A ****ING GAMERA GAME
AND NOBODY TOLD ME?!

EDIT: nevermind, uh... "GameraGame" is the name of an indie publisher in China...

Last edited:
Reactions: TTF

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I think the "deadline" for Fighter 7 in September is the 18th. If that day comes and there's still no sign of Fighter 7, then I think the safer bet will be waiting until October (though I still wouldn't rule out a reveal in late September).
I must have missed the part where Nintendo has ever announced or even indicated a deadline on a certain part of the month. The first 7 DLC characters, counting Plant, came out on:
  • January 29th
  • April 17th
  • July 30th
  • September 4th
  • November 6th
  • January 28th
  • June 29th
Only 2 of them came out in the first half of the month, so how was this deadline decided? If we're talking about amiibo releases, Simon / Chrom / Incineroar came out 11/15, nine days after Terry on 11/06. Even if we went with that with Hero / Joker's 10/02 release, 9 days before that is last week of September. And if you try going the "but Hero and Joker come out September 25th in Japan!" route, Simon / Chrom / Incineroar came out November 8th, 2 days after Terry.

Heck, Isabella / Pichu / PT came out on 07/26, before Hero did.

Unless we're not talking about amiibo theory or anything like that. Then maybe I just made myself an idiot for not paying attention. In which case an explanation of this September 18th deadline would be much appreciated.

I seriously have no idea why some of you guys here dig your graves so early. Weren't we just talking about the possibility of a full direct last week prior to the Mario one being announced with plans of grandeur right around the corner? Having it not be a full Direct and instead a Mario one, followed by the Zelda one today seems only to solidify that Nintendo can and will announce things whenever they want.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm okay with a mini as long as it's as breakneck with news like the Indie World was with its wildly impressive 24 game reveals in 22 minutes. Honestly, all the minis since March have been stuffed but most of the announcements were either niche or stuff that had already been announced. Do a 25 minute Direct with like 20 new games and people won't shut up about it on Twitter for a solid month; guaranteed.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Directs are possible sure, but a general isn't, even a Mini. The small Mini back in March even had third party stuff and we know that a direct wouldn't have it in because we have partner showcases and know more is happening. That's not even taking the Mario direct into consideration which further proves this. The shadow drop today even further. If we get anything it's either a direct for Zelda or Pikmin or a Sakurai Presents and maybe both. We are certainly getting more partner showcases though. The fact that people are saying it is because it really is true no matter what way you slice it. Also the countless sahdowdrops

Thinking any kind of general is possible at this point is just being way too optimistic and are wishes being confused with what they think is plausible. I know I'm really sounding like a pessimist but that's the unfortunate reality of it which also was the same one that brought along the year 2020 as a whole. It's just really badly placed optimism

Anyway that means we won't have a guessing game like with ARMS so some good comes out of it at least

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I must have missed the part where Nintendo has ever announced or even indicated a deadline on a certain part of the month. The first 7 DLC characters, counting Plant, came out on:
  • January 29th
  • April 17th
  • July 30th
  • September 4th
  • November 6th
  • January 28th
  • June 29th
Only 2 of them came out in the first half of the month, so how was this deadline decided? If we're talking about amiibo releases, Simon / Chrom / Incineroar came out 11/15, nine days after Terry on 11/06. Even if we went with that with Hero / Joker's 10/02 release, 9 days before that is last week of September. And if you try going the "but Hero and Joker come out September 25th in Japan!" route, Simon / Chrom / Incineroar came out November 8th, 2 days after Terry.

Heck, Isabella / Pichu / PT came out on 07/26, before Hero did.

Unless we're not talking about amiibo theory or anything like that. Then maybe I just made myself an idiot for not paying attention. In which case an explanation of this September 18th deadline would be much appreciated.

I seriously have no idea why some of you guys here dig your graves so early. Weren't we just talking about the possibility of a full direct last week prior to the Mario one being announced with plans of grandeur right around the corner? Having it not be a full Direct and instead a Mario one, followed by the Zelda one today seems only to solidify that Nintendo can and will announce things whenever they want.
... I put the word "deadline" in quotes because it's obviously not an official thing on Nintendo's part. I mean "deadline" as in, we're expecting a reveal to be announced by next week, and if next week passes by with still no announcement, then the chances of it happening go down and it becomes safer to just expect it next month. Again, not ruling out a reveal in late September, just saying that a reveal anywhere in September starts to look less likely the the longer the month goes on.

... why am I even explaining this? This **** shouldn't be that hard to grasp.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
11.King of Hyrule
I've never seen such audacity! How dare you not refer to this man by his legendary name!

That's King RHOAM BOSPHORAMUS HYRULE, and you shall address him as such!

If he is playable, I fully expect his whole name to be listed at every moment that he's mentioned; even on the menu screens. Anything less and I'll be so disappointed that I'll drink a full glass of water.

Last edited:

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
BotW is one of my favorite games of all time, this is awesome. I was actually really disappointed when the BotW version Zelda wasn't in smash. If they add a Champion I think Mipha would be best—Daruk has basically a stone club, Urbosa a sword and shield, and Revali is pretty much Falco with a bow. Mipha’s got a trident to separate her from the pack. Otherwise a link or Zelda with the Shieka slate would be cool.

I’ll have to check YouTube first thing every day for the next week, wouldn’t surprise me at all if they plopped Geno down suddenly. I think this is a good moment, they’ve announced two big hype games and FP 7&8 would sell the pass better.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
My guess at the roster

1.Link
2.Zelda
3.Impa
4.Purah
5.Robbie
6.Mipha
7.Daruk
8.Urbosa
9. Revali
10.Kilton
11.King of Hyrule
12.Yiga Boi
13. Baby Sidon
14. Waterblight
15. Thunderblight
16. Fireblight
17. Windblight
18. Korok
19. Guardian
20. GanonCorpse
21. Beedle
Not even a single mention of Kass.

SMH.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
kass can't be in it this is a prequel and he isn't old enough to be alive at the time, his teacher is a possibility though
Oh absolutely, but yet Beedle can be immortal?!?

Honestly twas joking, but I would love a teacher for Kass. My hope for this game is
that it ends in tragedy. We know that the good guys do not win this battle, so I hope they do not retcon it to be a "What if" you know. Also I really want Link to have a Zack Fair kind of battle...you don't win, but it is endless until you take enough damage.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Well, that's one way to wake up on a Tuesday afternoon

Sakurai: "BoTW ZElDA is morE OF a ReseARCHEr thaN A FightER"

Koei Tecmo and Nintendo:

Now BOTW Zelda is the most combat oriented Zelda of all alongside of ST Zelda and HW Zelda.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
My guess at the roster

1.Link
2.Zelda
3.Impa
4.Purah
5.Robbie
6.Mipha
7.Daruk
8.Urbosa
9. Revali
10.Kilton
11.King of Hyrule
12.Yiga Boi
13. Baby Sidon
14. Waterblight
15. Thunderblight
16. Fireblight
17. Windblight
18. Korok
19. Guardian
20. GanonCorpse
21. Beedle
Make Cia a Hidden Scenario Boss; since her whole shtick was messing with the various timelines so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for her to spring up in the BOTW timeline

Heoj

Smash Ace
Saw some posts here talking about a possible general direct and honestly, it should be really obvious that general directs aren't happening the rest of this year. Nintendo have made it really clear that the rest of the year is gonna be partner showcases, a sakurai presents and maybe some more shadowdrops. And this isnt being pessimistic, i feel like its pretty realistic

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Sakurai: "BoTW ZElDA is morE OF a ReseARCHEr thaN A FightER"

Koei Tecmo and Nintendo:

Now BOTW Zelda is the most combat oriented Zelda of all alongside of ST Zelda and HW Zelda.
Man, if that old OoT illustration with Link and Sheik fighting off an army of Moblins, Stalfos, and Lizalfos was even the slightest bit canon, then we could've have a Zelda whom had personally fought off Ganondorf's forces for 7 years waiting for Link to awaken. So close...

T2by4

Smash Lord
Oh absolutely, but yet Beedle can be immortal?!?

Honestly twas joking, but I would love a teacher for Kass. My hope for this game is
that it ends in tragedy. We know that the good guys do not win this battle, so I hope they do not retcon it to be a "What if" you know. Also I really want Link to have a Zack Fair kind of battle...you don't win, but it is endless until you take enough damage.
0bd0ed742059cd7f4c83882095aeb3752e45dfbfv2_hq.jpg

This is pretty much how I expect the game to end.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
I don’t think we’re too far off from a Smash reveal. Even if we don’t get the character released this month, they can still have the presentation this month for #7 and then released in October with the amiibos. I know people can be pessimistic regarding when Smash reveals will happen and I perfectly understand that, but the Direct archive updates happening recently only make it seem more likely that the reveal will come sooner rather than later.
Imran Khan was also one of the people that said Metroid Prime Trilogy for Nintendo Switch "has been long done"...

I'm still waiting on that... :ultridley:

Regarding Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, hopefully there'll be news for character #7 soon.
Prime Trilogy is really the last of the rumored ports that people have been saying “it’s coming” since late 2018. Even if Prime 4 doesn’t come out next year, I think Prime Trilogy is a 100% guarantee next year for Metroid’s 35th, alongside Metroid 5 if it is real.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
View attachment 285006
This is pretty much how I expect the game to end.
I see it that way as well or if they want to go above and beyond

End it with Zelda fighting Ganon. I will not expect it, but THAT would be the greatest thing to happen. You can play as Zelda and she finally gets her moment to shine.

Anyways, Geno is pretty cool eh?

EDIT: MonkeyDLenny MonkeyDLenny Nah Cia is gonna be in the first DLC. Mark my words!

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I don’t think we’re too far off from a Smash reveal. Even if we don’t get the character released this month, they can still have the presentation this month for #7 and then released in October with the amiibos. I know people can be pessimistic regarding when Smash reveals will happen and I perfectly understand that, but the Direct archive updates happening recently only make it seem more likely that the reveal will come sooner rather than later.

Prime Trilogy is really the last of the rumored ports that people have been saying “it’s coming” since late 2018. Even if Prime 4 doesn’t come out next year, I think Prime Trilogy is a 100% guarantee next year for Metroid’s 35th, alongside Metroid 5 if it is real.
3 times in one week no less. It's hard not to see this at least hinting at a Direct mini, even 10 minutes worth

Firox

Smash Master
Make Cia a Hidden Scenario Boss; since her whole shtick was messing with the various timelines so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for her to spring up in the BOTW timeline
Cia is for good little boys and girls....but mostly for boys....;)

(Sidenote: Funny how much more you can get away with using a T rating instead of an E10 one, huh?)

Trevenant

Smash Lord
3 times in one week no less. It's hard not to see this at least hinting at a Direct mini, even 10 minutes worth
Tbh it is kind of hard to see it hinting at a Mini when it's basically been indirectly confirmed by Nintendo that we aren't getting any kind of general. I don't like saying that either but it really is like 99% the case and probably 100 tbh. The Pikmin shadowdrop, the Mario direct, Partner Showcases. It's probably a partner showcase and either a Pikmin or Zelda themed direct. It's pretty apparent it isn't a general or Sakurai showcase. Even then at least we can't get a silly guessing game

I should clarify a Sakurai showcase is not NOT happening unlike a general direct im just saying that the direct archive doesn't indicate one. I am saying it flat out isn't a general however as we just aren't getting one

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
It is 2020, my dudes. A lot of unorthodox choices have been happening with regards to Nintendo this year. Yes, announcements usually happen in the first couple weeks of the month but an announcement happening later than that would hardly be the strangest thing.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I doubt a General mini direct is coming, because why would it? They just unveiled a new Zelda game, you'd think that they'd save it if they planned to release a mini direct. I feel like it's wishful thinking.

I DO think that it's possible for us to get a game specific direct however; and if I had to bet on anything, it would have to be a Monster Hunter Switch direct. The rumors for it getting announced "soon" are pretty reliable, and this wouldn't even be the first time that they've done such a thing as I recall Monster Hunter XX getting a exclusive direct during it's reveal back in 2016 (though it was Japan only), and Monster Hunter now is Capcom's hottest property (far bigger now than it was in 2016), so I could see a worldwide direct for MH this or next week.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I doubt a General mini direct is coming, because why would it? They just unveiled a new Zelda game, you'd think that they'd save it if they planned to release a mini direct. I feel like it's wishful thinking.

I DO think that it's possible for us to get a game specific direct however; and if I had to bet on anything, it would have to be a Monster Hunter Switch direct. The rumors for it getting announced "soon" are pretty reliable, and this wouldn't even be the first time that they've done such a thing as I recall Monster Hunter XX getting a exclusive direct during it's reveal back in 2016 (though it was Japan only), and Monster Hunter now is Capcom's hottest property (far bigger now than it was in 2016), so I could see a worldwide direct for MH this or next week.
Yeah, like I said a game specific direct and a partner showcase is probably what is in that Archive. I didn't however view the possibility of a MH direct. There have been rumours for a while and you are right on it receiving its own .The fact that it did is quite major on it's own as most are designated to a general or sizzle real or in this year's case a partner showcase. I think that may be what it is actually. PIkmin is kind of reaching and Zelda seems to be getting info for the warriors game shadowdropped anyway.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Directs are possible sure, but a general isn't, even a Mini. The small Mini back in March even had third party stuff and we know that a direct wouldn't have it in because we have partner showcases and know more is happening. That's not even taking the Mario direct into consideration which further proves this. The shadow drop today even further. If we get anything it's either a direct for Zelda or Pikmin or a Sakurai Presents and maybe both. We are certainly getting more partner showcases though. The fact that people are saying it is because it really is true no matter what way you slice it. Also the countless sahdowdrops

Thinking any kind of general is possible at this point is just being way too optimistic and are wishes being confused with what they think is plausible. I know I'm really sounding like a pessimist but that's the unfortunate reality of it which also was the same one that brought along the year 2020 as a whole. It's just really badly placed optimism

Anyway that means we won't have a guessing game like with ARMS so some good comes out of it at least
Tbh it is kind of hard to see it hinting at a Mini when it's basically been indirectly confirmed by Nintendo that we aren't getting any kind of general. I don't like saying that either but it really is like 99% the case and probably 100 tbh. The Pikmin shadowdrop, the Mario direct, Partner Showcases. It's probably a partner showcase and either a Pikmin or Zelda themed direct. It's pretty apparent it isn't a general or Sakurai showcase. Even then at least we can't get a silly guessing game

I should clarify a Sakurai showcase is not NOT happening unlike a general direct im just saying that the direct archive doesn't indicate one. I am saying it flat out isn't a general however as we just aren't getting one
Yeah, like I said a game specific direct and a partner showcase is probably what is in that Archive. I didn't however view the possibility of a MH direct. There have been rumours for a while and you are right on it receiving its own .The fact that it did is quite major on it's own as most are designated to a general or sizzle real or in this year's case a partner showcase. I think that may be what it is actually. PIkmin is kind of reaching and Zelda seems to be getting info for the warriors game shadowdropped anyway.
So basically, I was right: Nintendo did kill off the Direct and then necromanced it back up as the rotting corpse we call the Partner Showcase. Good to know that the entirety of Nintendo's marketing department should not only be fired but also completely blacklisted from the games industry because they're absolutely terrible at advertising games right now.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
So basically, I was right: Nintendo did kill off the Direct and then necromanced it back up as the rotting corpse we call the Partner Showcase. Good to know that the entirety of Nintendo's marketing department should not only be fired but also completely blacklisted from the games industry because they're absolutely terrible at advertising games right now.
Shhhhhh! Something Something pandemic, blah blah entitlement, blah blah don't be mean to people who make more in a year than you will in your life because of stuff they did over 30 years ago~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom