• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I get why you posted this here, since you posted a rumour about Ninja Gaiden before, but for stuff like this, wouldn't it make more sense to post it in the thread for that character as well? I've already posted it in the Ryu Hayabusa thread, but I'd think it would get more interest there, for future reference.

I'm not sure how much of an overlap there is between Geno fans and Ninja Gaiden fans, but the overlap between Ninja Gaiden fans and Ryu Hayabusa fans seems like it would be a near-perfect circle. (there might be some people who like him for his Dead or Alive appearances; I don't know)
Because I'm literally chased out of other threads by the same 4-5 people each time and this has happened in probably half a dozen different character threads in the past year. Off the top of my head, I've basically been booted from the Dante, Shantae, Dixie, Isaac, and Newcomer Speculation Thread since probably December alone. I've gotten harassment on and off this site from three character fanbases that I won't mention here so, all this said, I rarely bother anymore.

D

Deleted member

10 more minutes and we'll know what kind of announcement(s) Nintendo has in store this week – are you ready?!
Keep your eyes open 👀
Good call, Mipha man.

I wonder if you're holding onto secrets...

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Bruh... Nintendo out here wildin' with announcements. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity... coming out November 20th. I guess this is our Holiday title (or one of them)? The fact that the Zelda team let Koei Tecmo make a prequel (canon) to Breath of the Wild is also very interesting. This is actually pretty hype. I'm starting to love these morning surprises.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Good call, Mipha man.

I wonder if you're holding onto secrets...
Looks like this is our holiday title for the year, not that I’m complaining though since I am SO hyped to play this game seeing how it’s a prequel to BoTW!
Also, we have to wait “a bit longer” for BoTW 2 news? Maybe at the next Nintendo Direct or The Game Awards?(if it’s still happening)

Heoj

Smash Ace
Yo a new zelda game, okay, now thats hype, honestly, i didnt care for pikmin 3 or the mario ports at all so im really dang happy thatvtheres something exciting, honestly with this alone i dont have a problem with waiting for a smash reveal, they can take their time.

Its also really obvious that general directs are dead and that there is absolutely no point whatsoever in even talking about one

Last edited:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I hella missed that part, then. I had no idea there was a prize involved for a tournament that I assume isn't Japan only. I honestly wasn't even aware it lasts multiple weeks!
Yep, there is a coin prize and it supposedly lasts from November to December.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Huh.

Well, that was unexpected.

I think at this point, there won't be any hints or rumblings to Smash. It will be like this; the announcement for a Sakurai Presents will drop out of nowhere.

And, of course, obligatory comment about another Zelda character in Smash. Any of the champions could have worked.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Looks like a Breath of the Wild rep like one of the Champions is more likely to happen now after hearing about this announcement. And honestly, I wouldn't mind a Breath of the Wild rep being a promotional character in the DLC lineup as I've been inching to have another Zelda rep in the roster that isn't a Triforce welder aside from classic Pig Ganon.

Last edited:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
My jaw dropped when I saw this announcement posted. I loved BotW. I loved Hyrule Warriors. A Warriors-style game centered around telling the story of the war from BotW's history 100 years in the past, with playable Champions? Oh my gosh oh my GOSH oh my gosh, this is right up my alley. Wow!

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Looks like a Breath of the Wild rep like one of the Champions is more likely to happen now after hearing about this announcement. And honestly, I wouldn't mind a Breath of the Wild rep being a promotional character in the DLC lineup as I've been inching to have another Zelda rep in the roster that isn't a Triforce welder aside from classic Pig Ganon.
lets out a massive sigh

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
There's also supposed a smash event today right? Are they not gonna announce anything like last week?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The fact that one of them wasn't in base roster is unacceptable. Despite the Zekda series doing great in the other rep departments (stages, music, etc), its playable representation is embarrassing. OK, fine, people think the trio is all that's needed. BUT, could they then at least fix their movesets? For such an item/weapon/tool driven series like Zelda to be boiled down to lamp oil, rOPe, BOMbs boomerang, bombs and arrows is awful. AND WHY DOESN'T SHEIK HAVE A HARP!?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
We could certainly use another Zelda character. We only have 6 and half of them are Link. If we get one it will come along with BoTW 2 though and not this game. I still think Geno is next. Hopefully we get a Twitter drop every day this week.
I'm tired of the Links. I recently went on Chrom Bowser and went back to them and it turns out the Links are dead.

lets out a massive sigh
I didn't say it was going to happen, I'm just saying it's more likely now.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
There's also supposed a smash event today right? Are they not gonna announce anything like last week?
Yeah, I think they are announced at 9pm EST so we will see later. If we go another week without one then the only thing I can think of is that last week was indeed supposed to be the Mario tournament and this/next week we would get a character.

D

Deleted member

Yep, there is a coin prize and it supposedly lasts from November to December.

Y'know, the first translation that I saw of that post translated "11月~12月頃の実施を予定しています" as "Sometime in November or December", but I see that it is easily translated as "set to occur November to December". I wonder which is correct...

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I feel the sigh that KCCHIEFS27 KCCHIEFS27 gave to this.

Why does everyone suddenly go monkey brain whenever a new title is revealed for Switch and have their brain deflate and screech 'i GuEsS tHiS gAmE iS gEtTiNg A rEp In SmAsH nOW!'

We've killed this argument a billion times over, the Zelda anniversary is next year with this year being Mario, and everything points to Geno.

Get a grip.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Why does everyone suddenly go monkey brain whenever a new title is revealed for Switch and have their brain deflate and screech 'i GuEsS tHiS gAmE iS gEtTiNg A rEp In SmAsH nOW!'

We've killed this argument a billion times over, the Zelda anniversary is next year with this year being Mario, and everything points to Geno.

Get a grip.
I'M NOT SAYING IT'S HAPPENING OR IT'S HAPPENING NOW I'M JUST SAYING IT'S MORE LIKELY NOW!!!

D

Deleted member

Get a grip.
Don't forget that because Koei Tecmo is yet again helping with a Nintendo IP, we have to be getting Ryu Hayabusa, the only character Koei Tecmo has ever made. They were completely out of the running back in the Smash 4 days despite working on Other M, but now they're definitely getting a character in Smash.

If Tecmo got a non-Hayabusa rep like Bomb Jack or some random Monster Rancher monster I'd get hype.

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman

Get a grip.
I didn’t realize Geno and a Zelda rep were mutually exclusive

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
well...I just woke up and saw this.

That was...interesting.

I liked Hyrule warriors, never beat it since the final boss beat the living hell out of me and I just lost interest, but I still liked it enough to get to that point.

I'll probably get this one just for the story reasons since I am wondering how they decide to flesh it out a bit.

Heoj

Smash Ace
The end of the Age of Calamity trailer says next update will be 9/26. So there's more info! And a date!

I was already sold on this game anyway.
The fact they actually gave us both the release date as well as the next news update for the game makes me so damn happy, just the fact we know when to expect more news is great
Though i was already sold on this game and even before the reveal trailer ended, i knew it was gonna be a day 1 purchase for me

Skull Leader

Smash Cadet
I would probably expect one more title to carry the holiday for Switch. Keep in mind, they're going up against Sony and Microsoft for sales dollars and a Hyrule Warriors title is not going to be the same draw a mainline Zelda title is where it could function alone in a sales space. That said, this is the perfect avenue to explain pre-BotW timeline and maybe even shed light on the merged timeline theory.

I too would think that convention is out the window now and that any Sakurai Presents announcement is likely to be dropped without notice independent of a direct with the presentation to follow shortly after. That said, I would still expect a Smash announcement soon because the longer they wait on fighter 7 the tighter that schedule of December 2021 becomes. We're already at the red line of 1 per 3 months for release assuming all development and balancing has continued without being impacted by Covid.

Also, all "shill" smash inclusions are there to shill but not all smash inclusions are there to shill. Just because we have a Zelda title doesn't mean we get a new Zelda rep. It is a series already pretty well represented, Link's redesign is really your "BotW" addition, and the time to have done so was way back during the BotW DLC. Using the 4 champions as a "Hero" type character won't work and picking just one of the champions wouldn't be right.

Ya'll need to de-stress a little. Geno's coming, just ride the wave until he does. I don't even think Nintendo knows a schedule outside week by week at this point so no use in getting antsy about it.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The fact they actually gave us both the release date as well as the next news update for the game makes me so damn happy, just the fact we know when to expect more news is great
Though i was already sold on this game and even before the reveal trailer ended, i knew it was gonna be a day 1 purchase for me
Hopefully Nintendo will see that giving out news, game confirmations and release dates WON'T cause the end of the world and now they can stop being so damn silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom