• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Off-topic, but i always wondered why Nintendo never participates on Tokyo Game Show.

Is this because Nintendo is Kyoto-based? I mean that would not explain why they go to basically every single American or western event possible no matter how small, but a Japanese gaming event is too much for them?

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
If the next character isn't a Mario character, that'd be very weird considering the upcoming tourney and recent news. Don't know how much COVID delayed the Smash DLC schedule, but it would make me feel a little weary about Geno's chances when this is literally the time for him to be announced. FP2 was supposed to released by 12/31/21 anyway, so I feel like from the get go this pack was always going to be more spaced out than the first one.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
If the next character isn't a Mario character, that'd be very weird considering the upcoming tourney and recent news. Don't know how much COVID delayed the Smash DLC schedule, but it would make me feel a little weary about Geno's chances when this is literally the time for him to be announced. FP2 was supposed to released by 12/31/21 anyway, so I feel like from the get go this pack was always going to be more spaced out than the first one.
gi
I wouldn´t be surprised if the only thing we get is a partner showcase.
partner showcases have been hapening around the end of the month,its about a week or 2 early to see one

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A Partner followed by an actual Direct would be an amazing troll. Imagine... Shadowdropped Partner on Wednesday. Global depression increases 75%. Cities set completely ablaze. Millions dead and then Nintendo announces an actual Direct for the next day. Civilization collapses. Beautiful.

Supirorguy

Smash Cadet
A Partner followed by an actual Direct would be an amazing troll. Imagine... Shadowdropped Partner on Wednesday. Global depression increases 75%. Cities set completely ablaze. Millions dead and then Nintendo announces an actual Direct for the next day. Civilization collapses. Beautiful.
I still find it incredibly odd anyone expects a Smash reveal soon when they dropped Small Battlefield and balances instead of a hotfix update. Sure, that's not a silver bullet, but then people are suddenly so sure that Geno is for sure Fighter 7? We just got a Direct entirely focused on Mario that announced Smash content with a direct focus on Mario. Seems like the type of venue you'd announce a Mario DLC fighter if they were the next in the deck.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I still find it incredibly odd anyone expects a Smash reveal soon when they dropped Small Battlefield and balances instead of a hotfix update. Sure, that's not a silver bullet, but then people are suddenly so sure that Geno is for sure Fighter 7? We just got a Direct entirely focused on Mario that announced Smash content with a direct focus on Mario. Seems like the type of venue you'd announce a Mario DLC fighter if they were the next in the deck.
There were no balances, just Small Battlefield. It basically WAS a hotfix update, they just threw Small Battlefield in as part of it. Besides, Fighter 7 releasing next week still puts a good month and a half between the updates and that's more than what we got between Hero and Banjo's releases.

As for why Geno wouldn't be revealed there, couple reasons.
1. Smash overshadows EVERYTHING. Nintendo already had enough stuff to catch up on Mario-wise and having Smash on top of that is a bit much.
2. The direct was blatantly meant to focus on and celebrate the CORE Mario brand. IE: The Platformers. Nintendo is pretty consistent, especially within the last decade or so, with treating the RPG's as almost an entirely seperate thing from the main Mario series. It would be like if they revealed a Warioware character coming to Smash there. Sure it technically fits, but not really.
3. Timing. If we are getting 7 sometime in September (which I'd argue is the most likely at the moment) then why reveal them now instead of just waiting for the inevitable Sakurai Presentation a few weeks away? It just makes more sense to me for them to just sit on it for a few weeks and wait to reveal 7 in their own presentation and release them a week later.

Last edited:

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
Also, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 leaked for Switch. Why is this important? Well it's less about the game itself and more HOW it leaked.
https://nintendoeverything.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-3-complete-edition-seemingly-leaked-for-switch/
It leaked through Nintendo's servers, which has happened in the past with games like Fortnite and Paladins back in 2018, and those only leaked a few days before being publicly revealed at E3. Basically, it means that this is almost certainly getting revealed SOON, maybe through a Partner Showcase. We'll have to see.
To add on to this point, I remember Superhot and Hotline Miami had the same thing happen, then they were announced and released in an indie direct less than a week later, only a few days I believe. So this very well could be pointing to SOMETHING. Whether that's a partner direct, a full direct, a Twitter announcement, not really sure.

1. Small Battlefield happening does nothing to change when a Smash reveal would happen, why would it? It was likely meant to be a free update around E3 if I had to guess as a holdover until the next character, which also would have likely been revealed at E3.

2. DLC characters have never been announced at game/series specific events, because Nintendo knows that not all the Smash fans would necessarily watch something for a specific game/series.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
Before everyone starts expecting a Partner Showcase again, would they REALLY do a Partner Showcase 13-14 days after a Partner Showcase? I feel like that’s a close enough amount of time to just combine the two if that was the case. More likely would be a shadowdrop if there isn’t a direct, but I have a feeling something else is at work here.

Last edited:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
In other news, the Xbox Series S just got leaked, and I guess the S stands for speaker.

View attachment 284931
(the design IS real and verified by people like ZhugEx on twitter, but people are unsure if the price is real or just a placeholder.)
Frankly, I cannot shake the compulsion to drive up to one of these things and place an order for a hamburger and a milkshake.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I'm like 90% sure they flat out can't use the Sugimori art. In Brawl they used the in-game 3D Models for the stickers (the only franchise to do so) and all the Spirits in Smash Ultimate use the Dream World art. It's a legitimate example of what Fatman is talking about with Pokemon being weird with the brand, the official website tends to stick with the Dream World art as well for whatever reason, maybe because his style has changed quite a bit over the years and they want a consistent image.

As for why the Sword and Shield spirits DO use the official art, it might have something to do with the fact that this is the first game in the series where he's only a supervisor rather than leading the art direction, I'm not entirely sure.
Huh. I did not know that. Just shows how any content can turn into a legal mess, and sometimes not for the reason we think, a la Earthbound. Some of the Dream World art looks like a cheap knock-off of official Pokemon art. Oh well, the important thing is that Blastoise still looks good.

Now watch, despite Final Fantasy's music issues in Smash, Geno will come with SMRPG'S version of FFIV's boss battle, just to confuse the hell out of everyone.

D

Deleted member

Before everyone starts expecting a Partner Showcase again, would they REALLY do a Partner Showcase 13-14 days after a Partner Showcase? I feel like that’s a close enough amount of time to just combine the two if that was the case. More likely would be a shadowdrop if there isn’t a direct, but I have a feeling something else is at work here.
Yes. They would do that. They're Nintendo. They do so many things that don't make sense.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
In other news, the Xbox Series S just got leaked, and I guess the S stands for speaker.

View attachment 284931
(the design IS real and verified by people like ZhugEx on twitter, but people are unsure if the price is real or just a placeholder.)
seems like another connect like gimmick, that will be cut in a latter version to lower the cost, not sure how much this can add to games

Frankly, I cannot shake the compulsion to drive up to one of these things and place an order for a hamburger and a milkshake.
would you like fries with that?

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I won't speak on the topic of people being sure on Geno or expecting him every single time, that happens too often and it's a waste of time for discussion at this point.

However, on the topic of fp7 reveal, there is nothing odd whatsoever on expecting it being revealed any moment now. The amiibos are coming and FP7 is going to release in Fall. Nintendo has yet to announce their title for either November or December, and it is sure as hell that they aren't relying on holidays to do well with the game and watch mario thing releasing in november, not even a switch title, lol, there's stuff nintendo still has to cover in terms of announcements. I am not gonna be surprised in the slightest if it was to release in late september or early october, around the times where the amiibos are releasing. Sakurai/Nintendo have a schedule to keep up with with the DLC releases, and we all know that they work on batches of 3 fighters at t he same time since Sakurai confirmed it via a pushdustin translation back when Joker was coming out, so fp7 is most likely about done around now, certainly its trailer reveal is at least anyway. There is absolutely nothing odd about expecting it sometime soon lol.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Yes. They would do that. They're Nintendo. They do so many things that don't make sense.
Ah yes, classic case of terminal pessimism. So deeply infected that they ignore basic information, such as how we've only had two Partner Showcases, and both were in the later half of their respective months.

I've got some optimism, here take it stat! We already got the 35th Mario Direct this month, and it was early on. If we get more news this week, it's likely not a Partner Showcase due to this line of reasoning. Here, inject it quick!

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I won't speak on the topic of people being sure on Geno or expecting him every single time, that happens too often and it's a waste of time for discussion at this point.

However, on the topic of fp7 reveal, there is nothing odd whatsoever on expecting it being revealed any moment now. The amiibos are coming and FP7 is going to release in Fall. Nintendo has yet to announce their title for either November or December, and it is sure as hell that they aren't relying on holidays to do well with the game and watch mario thing releasing in november, not even a switch title, lol, there's stuff nintendo still has to cover in terms of announcements. I am not gonna be surprised in the slightest if it was to release in late september or early october, around the times where the amiibos are releasing. Sakurai/Nintendo have a schedule to keep up with with the DLC releases, and we all know that they work on batches of 3 fighters at t he same time since Sakurai confirmed it via a pushdustin translation back when Joker was coming out, so fp7 is most likely about done around now, certainly its trailer reveal is at least anyway. There is absolutely nothing odd about expecting it sometime soon lol.
That, and Nintendo needs to sell the pass, and as much as I found MinMin fun to play, she isn't going to be enough to sell the pass for most

D

Deleted member

Ah yes, classic case of terminal pessimism. So deeply infected that they ignore basic information, such as how we've only had two Partner Showcases, and both were in the later half of their respective months.

I've got some optimism, here take it stat! We already got the 35th Mario Direct this month, and it was early on. If we get more news this week, it's likely not a Partner Showcase due to this line of reasoning. Here, inject it quick!
Oh no! Optimism! My only weakness! Gotta book it! :ultpacman:
Screenshot_20200907-231716_YouTube.jpg

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Browsing the calendar as thoughts of optimism and hope flourish for a potential Direct this week that may FINALLY reveal CP 7, I remembered that Ubisoft is having their second go with their virtual event this Thursday (September 10th). The last one was... yikes. Hopefully... they announce something Rayman related this time around. The limbless hero needs some attention STAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom