• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
I dunno. Not to twist the knife but it's kind of funny how Square and Capcom are so different in this situation.

KH fans: Can we have Sora in Smash or at least ports on Nintendo consoles?

Square: Mmmmm, I don't knoooooooooooooooooooooo (drag this out for 15 years).

DMC fans: Can we have Dante in Smash?

Capcom: You want Dante in Smash, eh? If literally one person likes this post, we'll ask Nintendo to allow us to do two ports and an enhanced port in 8 months and then ask them to seriously consider Dante in Smash.

(Likes their own post)

Capcom: SAY NO MORE!
Eh. Camcom still sucks in most other ways.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
If he
But a ton of the same insiders that support Geno also support a Pokemon rep happening, don't they? Notably Jon from ex-GameXPlain, and Imran Khan (though he was more indirect, but has stated multiple times that we are likely getting "Switch evergreens" in Smash, which Pokemon is definitely qualified for).

Notably, next year is also Pokemon's 25th anniversary and judging from leaked material, TPC definitely do intend to celebrate it on some level; and chances are that Nintendo does too (I would argue that Mario/Zelda/Pokemon are the big 3 of Nintendo, and 2 of them will have anniversaries next year).

Even with the Team Rocket Mii Costume/Sword and Shield spirits, there's still plenty of room for additional Pokemon themed DLC relating to a fighter; and Pokemon has always been treated specially in Smash anyways. On top of all that, people would have found it even more suspicious if Pokemon didn't get any spirits for over a year since Sw/Sh released than they did with Three Houses. And once Byleth got announced, Pokemon would automatically be considered a lock with such a large absence. With such a major milestone coming up, I would say a Gen 8 rep is really likely to get announced for next year (and this is from someone who really does not care at all about pokemon anymore). Doubly so if a Mario rep is announced for the 35th anniversary.

If we say that the Pokemon Company is hard to work with as a potential con, I don't see why everyone is expecting Crash/Activision to make it considering that there's a ton of info that Activision isn't exactly easy to work with either. And unlike Activision, at least TPC are already represented in Smash.

I just don't see how all the teasing for Geno by insiders can be seen as massive evidence, while the same insiders doing the same thing for Pokemon is dismissed so easily.

john’s not an insider. Seriously it’s getting old now. He’s not an insider.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
So after all that's happened last week, how are we all feeling of the chances of Geno finally making to Smash proper?

Personally, between 1-10, I'm at a strong 7.
A 9. People tend to be in one of two camps about the Mario tournament later this year: either it soft deconfirms a Mario rep because it's somewhat false advertising to add someone to the list later down the line, or it makes a Mario rep more likely because they're waiting till November instead of just having the tourney now. I'm of the latter camp. I think Geno is very, very likely

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Eh. Camcom still sucks in most other ways.
I don't disagree but this is one of the big reasons why I consider Dante a borderline lock. Fans asked and in FOUR MONTHS there was a port, another port just a few months after that and an enchanced REMASTER a few months after that. Either there were already plans in place or Capcom was just that aggressively enthusiastic about the idea.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I don't really think we should pass on the narrative that the Pokemon Company is stingy or wouldn't put it in as DLC. I'm honestly convinced most are doing it because they don't want one to happen. They already got Mewtwo in 4 and we obviously received the outfits as well as the spirits. Yes you could argue why did it only get Mewtwo but Pokemon are literally always added to represent a new gen which Sword and Shield line up perfectly for. No new gen released during Smash 4 DLC so no new Pokemon which isn't the case now. Then the only other argument is why it took them so long to get mii outfits which is simply because the Trainers are barely represented as is. The trainer is pretty much a background character used to excuse the switching and there's nothing aside from spirits other than that. They could add an actual Pokemon as a mii outfit but it is understandable why it doesn't work in comparison to other series. I'm saying this completely objectively.

The arguments like 'TPC is stingy' etc don't hold up and as they aren't meaningful we get to look at what Pokemon has going in favour of it which is literally how it has been getting reps from new gens since the first game and is the longest lasting pattern in Smash history, so much so that the lack of 3 and 5 further drives it home. This leads me to assume that people are just setting up arbitrary excuses because they don't want it to happen or something like that when they really do seem like attempts to make one seem not likely. It's undeniable that Pokemon has a lot in its favour and im not saying this out of bias. None of the gen 8 mons grip me at all. It's just easy logic that a Pokemon is likely by default due to how it has been treated since the first game without said treatment dying down and how it has so little going against it if anything at all. Just wanted to point that out since I've been seeing this a lot and just wanted to point out why it doesn't make sense. Back to Geno discussion I guess

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Apart from Geno, Crash and Master Chief would be MASSIVE reveals for different reasons. With Crash, he completes the console wars trifecta of the 90's and was the unoffical mascot of the PS1 though he did have significant Nintendo history appearing on various Nintendo consoles in the 2000s. Master Chief, meanwhile, has remained all but Xbox exclusive for his entire existance unless you count the Minecraft skins and represents not only the Xbox brand as a whole, but one of the most dominant genres in the gaming industry as a whole.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
I don't disagree but this is one of the big reasons why I consider Dante a borderline lock. Fans asked and in FOUR MONTHS there was a port, another port just a few months after that and an enchanced REMASTER a few months after that. Either there were already plans in place or Capcom was just that aggressively enthusiastic about the idea.
I still say the "Pizza is yummy" thing may have still been a hint. There were so many other things he could have said and he just so happens to say that during high Dante probability?

a random user

Smash Journeyman
the pokemon company is known for being strict on what pokemon you can use, and how, smash already has pokemon as fighters so the hurdle is long passed, the only thig left for them to be strict with is what pokemon in question(likeley a starter evo), i cant see them saying no if asked because it is basically free money, and im not all that convinced that sakuri would push for a different pokemon. it is basically down to whether the pokemon company and nintiendo want it

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I think that Square-Enix sees Switch as a retro/legacy device and a traditional portable Nintendo device. If you look at their output, they are old games (like PS1/PS2 FF games, Mana and Saga old colllections, Star Ocean, Trails of Mana remake) and new games with retro style like Octopath Traveler (the famous “2D-HD”) or sequels/ports of Nintendo potable IPs like Bravely Default 2 or TWE

Even Dragon Quest XI, although being a modern “AAA” game, it appeals to a more retro crowd with its classic turn based gameplay (being the same as the other games).

Thats a reason why we (so far) are not getting any mainline Kingdom Hearts or Nier games. Its a big shame.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
the what now
There are two separate Halloween Ed Edd n Eddy fan comics.

One where Ed becomes a werewolf, Double D becomes a werewolf vampire hybrid, and Eddy becomes a monster hunter. It’s edgy and hilarious.

In the other (Bring me to Ed) Ed falls in love with a chicken, who is then killed by a black stereotype. The chicken’s human ghost lingers in, bewitches Ed, turns him into a hot topic reject with satanic powers, and the other kids have to get him back. It is also edgy and hilarious.

Every year around Halloween the /co/ board story times those comics and I eagerly look forward to it each year.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Apart from Geno, Crash and Master Chief would be MASSIVE reveals for different reasons. With Crash, he completes the console wars trifecta of the 90's and was the unoffical mascot of the PS1 though he did have significant Nintendo history appearing on various Nintendo consoles in the 2000s. Master Chief, meanwhile, has remained all but Xbox exclusive for his entire existance unless you count the Minecraft skins and represents not only the Xbox brand as a whole, but one of the most dominant genres in the gaming industry as a whole.
Crash would def make me cry. I was praying that he'd make it in PSABR, but when that didn't happen I KNEW deep inside that there was only one other place he NEEDED to be. Smash.. Done deal. Crash, Mario, and Sonic ARE the definition of GAMING as a whole to me so seeing them together for the first time would be breathtaking.

I grew up with those 3 in particular. Seeing Crash make it into Smash would be so monumental. He embodies what Playstation always was to me and I believe he would be a true representative of ALL that history between Sony and Nintendo as rivals. He is the one true Sony mascot in my eyes. When I look at Crash, the only thing that ever crosses my mind is Sony.. Simple as that. Same with Chief being that for Xbox.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
could handle everything except KH3
If there is money, there are solutions, + Kingdom Hearts 3 isn´t exactly FF7R. If Witcher 3 with all the DLC can work on Switch, then Kingdom Hearts 3 would be able if Nomura really wanted to.

Geno, yes. Pokemon, no, because TPC is really, really particular about DLC and, beyond that, if there was plans for Pokemon DLC, why didn't they save the Rocket Grunt or the main Sword and Shield spirits for it? No, it's not like ARMS because the ARMS stuff was in the base game; these weren't.
No offense dude... But you are essentially saying that a company that is known to spew out mobile games like crazy and made a big deal of a MOBA that they collaborated with Tencent of all companies, would say no to Nintendo if they wanted a Pokemon rep as DLC? The same company that pretty much half-assed their first big generation on a home-console? Sorry, but I highly doubt it. Plus... we all talked about how Min Min destroyed fan rules. Why are you using one all the sudden?

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If there is money, there are solutions, + Kingdom Hearts 3 isn´t exactly FF7R. If Witcher 3 with all the DLC can work on Switch, then Kingdom Hearts 3 would be able if Nomura really wanted to.

No offense dude... But you are essentially saying that a company that is known to spew out mobile games like crazy and made a big deal of a MOBA that they collaborated with Tencent of all companies, would say no to Nintendo if they wanted a Pokemon rep as DLC? The same company that pretty much half-assed their first big generation on a home-console? Sorry, but I highly doubt it.
Like I said, TPC is very, very particular about their brand. If Supi ever gets here, he can explain the technicalities of it a lot better than I can. Basically I say "TPC is a massive primadonna and kind of a pain in the ass to work with" and then people always respond "that can't be true because TPC just released Pokemon Go **** Yourself like three months ago and..." and then it's just a back and forth until we all hate each other.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Idk, it's smash. Not only would we not have Mewtwo but they wouldn't be stingy about DLC if they aren't stingy about smash as a whole, brand particularity or something else entirely which we know isn't the case. It isn't really a case of it being a back and forth, it's just a case of it literally and undoubtedly being an arbitrary excuse to make a Pokemon seem less likely despite how likely one is if we look at the history and due to it being such, it should just be dropped and we should face that it isn't actually existent.

I don't mean to be rude with this at all in case I came across as such btw, its just that it really does seem like an arbitrary excuse

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I mean we're talking about the Pokemon Company being weird with DLC as an reason for them not getting a character... yet that wasn't an issue with Mewtwo in Smash 4 and we have both paid DLC in the form of the Rocket Costume and free additions in the Spirit Event for this game. I don't think we are getting another Pokemon (thank god) but that's not a really strong piece of evidence.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Like I said, TPC is very, very particular about their brand. If Supi ever gets here, he can explain the technicalities of it a lot better than I can. Basically I say "TPC is a massive primadonna and kind of a pain in the ass to work with" and then people always respond "that can't be true because TPC just released Pokemon Go **** Yourself like three months ago and..." and then it's just a back and forth until we all hate each other.
I don´t see how they are very particular with their brand concidering all the mobile games they spew out like EA spew out microtransactions. Had their only mobile game been Pokemon Go, then sure... but now? Also, TPC has always celebrated its anniversary. and I wouldn´t be surprised if Nintendo wants to do it too concidering the main games are on their consoles. 25 is a big deal after all

I mean we're talking about the Pokemon Company being weird with DLC as an reason for them not getting a character... yet that wasn't an issue with Mewtwo in Smash 4 and we have both paid DLC in the form of the Rocket Costume and free additions in the Spirit Event for this game.
Exactly

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Although, why is it that the Pokemon spirits, even the fighter ones, don't use their original artwork? In fact, where DOES the artwork in Ultimate come from?

I don't know if that fits into TPC being difficult or stingy; I just always found it weird and Pokemon was brought up here, so I asked.

If Pokemon is in the pass, I hope its a fan favorite or a Pokemon with an established history with the fandom, not simply pick the 'New mon, who dis' that debutted 23 minutes ago.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Although, why is it that the Pokemon spirits, even the fighter ones, don't use their original artwork? In fact, where DOES the artwork in Ultimate come from?

I don't know if that fits into TPC being difficult or stingy; I just always found it weird and Pokemon was brought up here, so I asked.

If Pokemon is in the pass, I hope its a fan favorite or a Pokemon with an established history with the fandom, not simply pick the 'New mon, who dis' that debutted 23 minutes ago.
I'm like 90% sure they flat out can't use the Sugimori art. In Brawl they used the in-game 3D Models for the stickers (the only franchise to do so) and all the Spirits in Smash Ultimate use the Dream World art. It's a legitimate example of what Fatman is talking about with Pokemon being weird with the brand, the official website tends to stick with the Dream World art as well for whatever reason, maybe because his style has changed quite a bit over the years and they want a consistent image.

As for why the Sword and Shield spirits DO use the official art, it might have something to do with the fact that this is the first game in the series where he's only a supervisor rather than leading the art direction, I'm not entirely sure.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

From what I heard

-The Situation with PSASBR, where Activision turned down Crash in that game, probably because it cost too much for the Developers of PSASBR, but keep in mind that they didn't have a big budget for that game...However, I don't know what the FP2 budget is, as it's likely to be smaller than both Base game and FP1. Also keep in mind that around this Time, Crash was in dormancy, unlike today

-I think Naughty Dog (the people that developed the OG Crash Games) even had trouble with getting a Crash 1 Demo in Uncharted, Due to Activision making it hard

-I don't think I've ever Seen Crash ever make a Crossover appearance in anything that's not Activision Published.

While I don't think Activision is as hard to deal with as something like Disney, I do think it could be said that it might be harder than some people expect to Acquire Crash as a Playable character, Mostly due to Cost. Crash in 2019 has been booming and alive more than ever, since his Classic days. As such there might not be any Necessary need for Activision to Scale down their licensing costs, and I'd expect Crash to be alot of money even when he was dormant.

It's really depends on how much Nintendo is willing to Pay for Crash as a Playable character. If Min-Min is any indication, along with just how later Season passes have Diminishing returns, FP2 might be more budget than even FP1. Nintendo might not be willing to pay for Crash as Playable if Activision actually charges that much, when you could probably go for Cheaper Options that people still want to see in Smash. I could see Crash making it as a mii costume if Playable didn't cut it since there's a large difference between Mii Costume and Playable character in Licensing.
I think I got a theory about Crash and PSABR. Omar wanted Crash in the base roster and he wouldn’t want him to be DLC. Also, PSA had free DLC characters like launch character. Perhaps Activision didn’t like the idea of Crash being free and wanted royalties from purchases which is probably why Crash was rejected.

In this position, we’re definitely at the advantage in the DLC phase being season 2. However, it is possible Activision may ask too much money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman

Heck, just give me something beyond "Bipedal [human related concept] slash [animal] with [elemental powers]".

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
If Fighter 7 is coming this week (or at least being revealed), when do you think is the big day?
Probably Thursday, but honestly I'm still trying to figure out why they skipped the event last week. Obviously something DID happen but it just begs the question of why the Mario announcements would affect that at all.

Dekunk

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5452-6360-1438
In this position, we’re definitely at the advantage in the DLC phase being season 2. However, it is possible Activision may ask too much money.
I doubt it, I think Activision would be fine with the revenue they get from Crash in Smash. Besides, I think their goal with Crash in Smash would be long term; put Crash in the(what is essentially)Gaming Hall of Fame to make the buzz around him higher and higher. Activision very clearly wants him to reach the heights of ‘90s Crash - and then some.

Last edited:

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
the thing is they are license out their ips, fire emblem saw fire emblem warriors, and three houses with koi techmo, as well as highrule warriors. candace of hyrule, ubisoft with mario+rabbids, pokemon with the mobile games. fire emblem and seaga with Tokyo mirage sessions. and star fox zero with platinum games. the problem is that they are mostly sticking to the big series(outside of star fox), which does make sense spinoffs of big series make more money than small ones
You're absolutely right, but as you even say they stick to the big ones. Star Fox Assault was licensed and it's a cult classic, same for GX, yet they're afraid to go there again. I say do it. If you're unwilling or unsure how to broach a modern Kid Icarus game, for example, then have somebody else take a crack at it. I feel nintendo is becoming increasingly protective and reclusive unless it's stuff they know for sure will sell. They're kind of bad stewards of their IPs in many ways, at least those that aren't the big 3 and even then...

Also FE Warriors et. al. are so far and few between. Yeah, they're all on Switch and, uh, exist? But not like they're coming out more quickly than the 1st party releases. Licensing is a way to free up developers and pad out release schedules. They don't do it nearly enough.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I doubt it, I think Activision would be fine with the revenue they get from Crash in Smash. Besides, I think their goal with Crash in Smash would be long term; put Crash in the(what is essentially)Gaming Hall of Fame to make the buzz around him higher and higher. Activision very clearly wants him to reach the heights of ‘90s Crash - and then some.
I hope that’s the case. Maybe, though I wouldn’t be surprised if it was given how Activision is probably the 2nd greediest company after EA.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
HE'S BYOUTIFUL! @SeanHicksArt's SMRPG styled stuff is absolutely amazing.

Sure, but in your haste to find gold you've forgotten that the place you're doing your digging is the dinosaur exhibit, and you're making a big mess flinging dirt everywhere to the annoyance of the rest of the museum-goers who just want to learn about the dinosaurs.
Well in that case I'll just bounce altogether. When Geno happens, I'm happy for you guys.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
john’s not an insider. Seriously it’s getting old now. He’s not an insider.
Yeah, Jon just... knew about Ridley as far back as the day Ultimate was announced in March 2018, knew about Aces before its announcement, "guessed" that Kirby's Epic Yarn would end up on the 3DS and not the Switch, and "guessed" exactly which Final Fantasy ports would land on Switch (Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2) right down to the one that would get excluded at the time (VIII), oh and his calling card of posting otters on Twitter whenever a Direct was about to happen (Back when we still had those anyway)

JonIsALeaker.png

Anyway Jon's an insider who really wants us to believe he isn't

Droodle

Smash Lord
You're absolutely right, but as you even say they stick to the big ones. Star Fox Assault was licensed and it's a cult classic, same for GX, yet they're afraid to go there again. I say do it. If you're unwilling or unsure how to broach a modern Kid Icarus game, for example, then have somebody else take a crack at it. I feel nintendo is becoming increasingly protective and reclusive unless it's stuff they know for sure will sell. They're kind of bad stewards of their IPs in many ways, at least those that aren't the big 3 and even then...

Also FE Warriors et. al. are so far and few between. Yeah, they're all on Switch and, uh, exist? But not like they're coming out more quickly than the 1st party releases. Licensing is a way to free up developers and pad out releases schedules. They don't do it nearly enough.
I don't really think that Nintendo is really reclusive and protective (well they are protective, but not for the same reasons you are suggesting) with their IP's, rather the problem is that they have too many good IP's that it may not be worth it to regularly use old IP's. I mean you have your big 3 that won't ever die with Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon; that see multiple releases/spin-off's every generation and get advertised like crazy, essentially their "lifeblood". And then you have the regulars (the series that at this point will regularly get new releases unless they start flopping like crazy), with things like Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Xenoblade, Kirby, Splatoon, Animal Crossing, and Smash. And then you have them developing/co-developing new IP with Astral Chain, Dragalia Lost, Ring Fit on the side. On top of that, even if you hate it; there are spin-offs regularly released, just that most of them are on the mobile environment.

All of those largely cover pretty much every niche they could really want, and have a lot of room for potential growth. Just those alone give Nintendo the strongest 1st party lineup in the industry.

But then there are the underutilized series like Kid Icarus, Golden Sun, Star Fox, F-Zero, etc. And outside of Golden Sun and Kid Icarus, the gameplay loop of Star Fox/F-Zero is a hard sell for most people for a full price. Golden Sun could obviously be revived as a turn based JRPG, which has a lot of fans in the modern era. Kid Icarus worked really well with the split between on the rails and ground sections, and could develop more along that line but at the same time Uprising was a pretty good "sendoff" to the series, and outside of a port I don't really think it needs anything currently (and Sakurai is too busy with Smash anyways).

That really leaves Star-Fox and F-Zero as the missing link. Obviously, Star-Fox attempted a revival but that revival was pretty bad and the game flopped, but at the same time is there really a huge audience that wants a $60 rail shooter? $30 I would get, but for a super niche genre nowadays, full price seems like a stretch. They could go the same route as Kid Icarus and make it a hybrid between the rail shooter, and action/adventure (kind of like Star Fox Adventures) but at the same time, most Star Fox fans want a true rail shooter and not SF Adventures 2. And if they go hybrid, may as well make it a new Kid Icarus game instead, as those fans liked the direction of Uprising.

F-Zero on the other hand also struggles with the same problem, where there are fans that want a new F-Zero; but the genre itself is a hard sell for $60 (outside of party racers like Mario Kart). Most of the successful racers on other consoles try to be "ultra-realistic" in terms of graphics, and regularly get discounted (both of which Nintendo can't/won't do). So essentially both Star Fox and F-Zero are on a situation where there are fans clamoring for a second chance, but Nintendo probably thinks it isn't worth it going for such a niche audience, when there internal team could be focused on the next Mario/Zelda/whatever. Golden Sun will get a revival and KI:U could probably get remastered down the line (and maybe a sequel in like 10 years).

So in the end, Nintendo may have regressed in their usage of old/underutilized IP's (though I would argue that they never really used them in any other generation either, apart from a game here or there); but in terms of new IP's, Nintendo is doing better than ever. FE keeps on getting a little more popular, Xenoblade 2 managed to sell over 2mil and DE is around 1.5mil, Astral Chain did over a mil, and Ring Fit is at 4-5mil.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Star Fox has failed to build momentum because of Nintendo's insistence on experimenting in every game rather than ever dynamically building up on what previous titles have done. Star Wars Rogue Leader is a better Star Fox game than half the official library and it came almost 20 years ago.

F-Zero could easily be a racing game with depth, but its an IP that Nintendo either ignores or strips for parts to use on Mario Kart. Online play, create a track, and a decent single player mode would give it legs as a long term title if Nintendo ever put the effort it.

The company is moving in different directions than they did in the past and I can respect that, but there are numerous franchises that have put into hibernation far more by choice than by market necessity.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I hate beign the pessimistic guy regarding Smash Presentations, because i could see this week having nothing. BUT, if Geno is the next fighter, i could see them wanting to get the Mario content announced as soon as possible, beign the anniversary and all that, so i hope my cynicism is wrong.

There are two separate Halloween Ed Edd n Eddy fan comics.

One where Ed becomes a werewolf, Double D becomes a werewolf vampire hybrid, and Eddy becomes a monster hunter. It’s edgy and hilarious.

In the other (Bring me to Ed) Ed falls in love with a chicken, who is then killed by a black stereotype. The chicken’s human ghost lingers in, bewitches Ed, turns him into a hot topic reject with satanic powers, and the other kids have to get him back. It is also edgy and hilarious.

Every year around Halloween the /co/ board story times those comics and I eagerly look forward to it each year.

Im sorry, i thought that 4Chan hated things that are considered "cringe" (not that im one to judge). Now 4Chan has no leg to stand on if im honest.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
speaking of party stuff, would geno be 1st or 3rd party, he was in a 1st party game but is owned by a 3rd party company--

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
speaking of party stuff, would geno be 1st or 3rd party, he was in a 1st party game but is owned by a 3rd party company--
You know how some candies have a yummy gooey center?

That's Geno.

See, I keep trying to tell people that the reason why Geno, Mallow and all the other original characters in SMRPG have yet to be used in anything else isn't because Square is evil or Nintendo still hates them or anything stupid like that. It's because they are third-party Mario characters.

This puts them into a very weird position: Nintendo can't use them because they don't own them, but Square can't just plug them into something else because everything about it doesn't feel right. So, they can only ever return if Nintendo and Square work together on it, and that isn't just something that can happen instantly.

Over the past couple years Nintendo and Square of been working out the kinks that set in so many years ago and now is the time to strike while the business relationship is hot! Square is on fire and Nintendo is the richest company in Japan.

NOW IS THE TIME! SHOW US THE BLAZING TRAIL YOU HAVE TRAVELED IN SILENCE, NINTENDO! MAKE YOUR SECRETS LAID BARE, SQUARE!

LET US JOURNEY FORTH INTO THE REALM OF GREATNESS MY FRIENDS!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom