• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I often think, who would Geno be fighting in this game from the start? I think I would do Mario, Geno, Bowser and Peach in Team Battle. But who would they take on?
Likely just a bunch of random characters from the roster. Yoshi, Marth, Meta Knight, Captain Falcon, Ridley, Greninja, and Wolf to name a few.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I often think, who would Geno be fighting in this game from the start? I think I would do Mario, Geno, Bowser and Peach in Team Battle. But who would they take on?
I could see it starting off with Mario, Peach, and Bowser fighting either Galleom or a giant ROB, given that Smithy's minions are mostly machines.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
4chan just gets dragged all the time because:

-Whenever legitimate leaks happen, most of the 4chan crowd ironically thinks they're fraudulent and homosexual. This has happened too many times to count.

-Contrarian and aggressive beyond parody. Will literally side with certain characters just to troll.

-By force of habit pretty much hates everyone popular but then will hitch their wagon to significantly more obscure/less popular and then get angry when they don't happen.

-Has a long history of mostly being filled with terrible people with equally terrible opinions. Oh, this guy hates Geno and he's openly racist? Oh course I want to see that guy get BTFO as much as humanly possible.

-Literally never learns from their past mistakes.

It's much less "picking on the fat kid" and more openly dunking on terrible people that are weirdly proud of being terrible people.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I think you are spot on. I've been there since it started and that's pretty much been the cycle ever since. But I'm not going to back down from my daily dredging for good content and actual leaks, I guess because I'm an addict at this point.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I think you are spot on. I've been there since it started and that's pretty much been the cycle ever since. But I'm not going to back down from my daily dredging for good content and actual leaks, I guess because I'm an addict at this point.
I don't blame you. 4chan is weird in that way. It's like scuba diving in a septic tank to find gold coins. Meme culture owes so much to 4chan. Sometimes you find genuinely brilliant posts. Sometimes there's legit leaks. Despite this, the turd to token ratio is like 1000 to 1 and God speed to anyone that can stand going there daily.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I don't blame you. 4chan is weird in that way. It's like scuba diving in a septic tank to find gold coins. Meme culture owes so much to 4chan. Sometimes you find genuinely brilliant posts. Sometimes there's legit leaks. Despite this, the turd to token ratio is like 1000 to 1 and God speed to anyone that can stand going there daily.
It depends on the board tbh. The smaller ones can be good. /toy/ is my main source of collecting news & it’s generally fine... besides Star Wars talk lmao

But yeah, /v/ can definitely be an awful place the majority of the time. Though, I don’t see as much Geno hostility there as I do on GameFaqs.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
It's so funny that whenever you bring up 4chan in smash discussions people go ballistic. It happens on discord, it happens on this board, even happens on 4ch. Yes, the majority of supposed leaks on there are fake. But the fact that we have had legitimate leaks in the past brings guys like me back for more. I don't believe 99% of what I see, but I find it incredibly insulting that people are so quick, not just on this board, to jump down my throat for sharing those things. Again, we have literally not much to talk about other than speculation. And again, it's like these legitimate leaks that have happened get memory holed by our community. I have my BS filters on. I'm not blindly believing this stuff. But when there's such a drought that we have the same old rumors to go off of because we're so bored, of course I'm going to throw this stuff into the conversation. Why wouldn't I? So next time I share stuff I get why you would have strong emotions, just like I would understand why people on discord or anywhere else would react in such a way. But please, enlighten me, what else are we going to talk about? We have over 3,000 pages of us repeating the same stuff again and again. It would be nice to have something else to look at. That's my piece.
Why do you believe we have to have something to talk about all the time? And what kinds of discussion do you imagine coming from posting such things here, anyways? If 99 out of 100 of these are fake, and most of us believe them to be fake unless there's something more substantial to it, what is there to talk about? What could we discuss about them that we haven't already discussed a hundred times already for all the other fake 4chan leaks people have shared here? Like I get it, discussion and speculation is tons of fun, but you don't need to force discussion merely for discussion's sake.

Enjoy the calm while it lasts, 'cos I'm certain we'll have plenty to talk about soon enough.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This is not related with Geno but SE don't have plans to brings more KH to the Switch: https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/1302995011420614656?s=20
I always feel bad for KH/Sora fans when this topic comes up because it always seems to be super disingenuous. Like super88cloud super88cloud said, I call bull****. The original GameCube could have played KH and KH2 and I'm pretty sure the Switch could handle everything except KH3. It reminds me too much of Miyamoto and F-Zero. "Uh, we just can't come up with new ideas." You are literally Nintendo's Idea Guy and played a hand in the creation of like 3/4ths of its most popular franchises. Bull****... Just say you personally don't want to do it and just give it to someone who will... Kingdom Hearts and Nintendo feels the same way; there's probably a hidden reason but Square/Nomura doesn't want to openly admit it for one reason or another.

Droodle

Smash Lord
"Graphic design is my passion."

View attachment 284858
Lol.
So I'm guessing Geno and Pokemon are pretty much locks in your eyes? Curious to know what the other 4 are though.

I always feel bad for KH/Sora fans when this topic comes up because it always seems to be super disingenuous. Like super88cloud super88cloud said, I call bull*. The original GameCube could have played KH and KH2 and I'm pretty sure the Switch could handle everything except KH3. It reminds me too much of Miyamoto and F-Zero. "Uh, we just can't come up with new ideas." You are literally Nintendo's Idea Guy and played a hand in the creation of like 3/4ths of its most popular franchises. Bull*... Just say you personally don't want to do it and just give it to someone who will... Kingdom Hearts and Nintendo feels the same way; there's probably a hidden reason but Square/Nomura doesn't want to openly admit it for one reason or another.
The hidden reason is probably just file size. I think the KH Collection require like 50GB+ of space (not counting KH3 obviously) and Switch usually pushes around 16GB cartridges. Witcher 3 notably used a 32GB cartridge, which was the first to do so, but I don't remember the how many other games used a 32 GB cartridge. Something like the KH collection would require a 64GB cartridge, which I doubt Square would want to shell out for. So until we get bigger cartridge sizes as the norm for the Switch, it's safe to say Square/Disney aren't interested. Though they'll probably release a spin-off/side-game or two here and there.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Lol.
So I'm guessing Geno and Pokemon are pretty much locks in your eyes? Curious to know what the other 4 are though.
Geno, yes. Pokemon, no, because TPC is really, really particular about DLC and, beyond that, if there was plans for Pokemon DLC, why didn't they save the Rocket Grunt or the main Sword and Shield spirits for it? No, it's not like ARMS because the ARMS stuff was in the base game; these weren't.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Geno, yes. Pokemon, no, because TPC is really, really particular about DLC and, beyond that, if there was plans for Pokemon DLC, why didn't they save the Rocket Grunt or the main Sword and Shield spirits for it? No, it's not like ARMS because the ARMS stuff was in the base game; these weren't.
Shut the **** up

You can’t convince me Mr. Rime’s not coming

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I always feel bad for KH/Sora fans when this topic comes up because it always seems to be super disingenuous. Like super88cloud super88cloud said, I call bull*. The original GameCube could have played KH and KH2 and I'm pretty sure the Switch could handle everything except KH3. It reminds me too much of Miyamoto and F-Zero. "Uh, we just can't come up with new ideas." You are literally Nintendo's Idea Guy and played a hand in the creation of like 3/4ths of its most popular franchises. Bull*... Just say you personally don't want to do it and just give it to someone who will... Kingdom Hearts and Nintendo feels the same way; there's probably a hidden reason but Square/Nomura doesn't want to openly admit it for one reason or another.
Wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be legal BS from Disney

TriggerX

Smash Ace
So doom and doom eternal, can be on switch but not remasters of ps2 games?
Gtfo with this weak ****.
It would probably be hard but not impossible.
It's not like people expected kh3 ti be on switch but at least the rest of the collection.
It’s a bit different when you didn’t intend a game to operate on a specific console. Sometimes porting can be done with a click of button, and sometimes code has to be rewritten. I don’t believe it isn’t that the switch isn’t capable, I imagine they must not want to go through with additional hassle of porting it.
Unfortunately the hardware of the switch is just so much less like the other two.

Overall idk if Kh fans really care, a port would be nice, but I assume most of us have played it on a ps2,ps3, or ps4. Doesn’t really need a port in my opinion.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
I think it's a huge slap in the face that they don't do the "easy" thing and just license out the IPs like they used to in the GCN/Wii days. Nintendo has enough money they could afford to drag Sega into another F-Zero GX and even if it flops they'd be OK. They are sitting on a money printing machine right now; it's insane they don't tap into it more. Understandably they could be but we don't know yet... They're still being eerily silent on almost everything...

Why do you believe we have to have something to talk about all the time? And what kinds of discussion do you imagine coming from posting such things here, anyways? If 99 out of 100 of these are fake, and most of us believe them to be fake unless there's something more substantial to it, what is there to talk about? What could we discuss about them that we haven't already discussed a hundred times already for all the other fake 4chan leaks people have shared here? Like I get it, discussion and speculation is tons of fun, but you don't need to force discussion merely for discussion's sake.

Enjoy the calm while it lasts, 'cos I'm certain we'll have plenty to talk about soon enough.
Because it's fun to talk about and gets people passionate about something. I also like to temper my expectations and see all the different potentials we could be looking at. Nothing guarantees Geno is happening, just like nothing guarantees any of these leaks. But just the same it's nice to talk about the possibilities. I for one enjoy digging through the turds to find the gold, to use Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's analogy. It's also fun to look back and realize, "woah, it was right in front of our faces the whole time!" I think a lot of people enjoy that. But considering the lukewarm response I've gotten, I'll stop sharing what I find -- for the sake of the "discussion" and not irritating anybody. I used to post on Smashboards a lot back in the day, and I'd like to keep it that way rather than being chased out of here for sharing what amounts to gossip :drshrug:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I like it, its akin to dumpster diving, sometimes yu're just fascinated by the KIND of **** and trash you find there and also you just like to watch the rats and birds peck about in the muck.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I dunno. Not to twist the knife but it's kind of funny how Square and Capcom are so different in this situation.

KH fans: Can we have Sora in Smash or at least ports on Nintendo consoles?

Square: Mmmmm, I don't knoooooooooooooooooooooo (drag this out for 15 years).

DMC fans: Can we have Dante in Smash?

Capcom: You want Dante in Smash, eh? If literally one person likes this post, we'll ask Nintendo to allow us to do two ports and an enhanced port in 8 months and then ask them to seriously consider Dante in Smash.

(Likes their own post)

Capcom: SAY NO MORE!

Droodle

Smash Lord
But a ton of the same insiders that support Geno also support a Pokemon rep happening, don't they? Notably Jon from ex-GameXPlain, and Imran Khan (though he was more indirect, but has stated multiple times that we are likely getting "Switch evergreens" in Smash, which Pokemon is definitely qualified for).

Notably, next year is also Pokemon's 25th anniversary and judging from leaked material, TPC definitely do intend to celebrate it on some level; and chances are that Nintendo does too (I would argue that Mario/Zelda/Pokemon are the big 3 of Nintendo, and 2 of them will have anniversaries next year).

Even with the Team Rocket Mii Costume/Sword and Shield spirits, there's still plenty of room for additional Pokemon themed DLC relating to a fighter; and Pokemon has always been treated specially in Smash anyways. On top of all that, people would have found it even more suspicious if Pokemon didn't get any spirits for over a year since Sw/Sh released than they did with Three Houses. And once Byleth got announced, Pokemon would automatically be considered a lock with such a large absence. With such a major milestone coming up, I would say a Gen 8 rep is really likely to get announced for next year (and this is from someone who really does not care at all about pokemon anymore). Doubly so if a Mario rep is announced for the 35th anniversary.

If we say that the Pokemon Company is hard to work with as a potential con, I don't see why everyone is expecting Crash/Activision to make it considering that there's a ton of info that Activision isn't exactly easy to work with either. And unlike Activision, at least TPC are already represented in Smash.

I just don't see how all the teasing for Geno by insiders can be seen as massive evidence, while the same insiders doing the same thing for Pokemon is dismissed so easily.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
But a ton of the same insiders that support Geno also support a Pokemon rep happening, don't they? Notably Jon from ex-GameXPlain, and Imran Khan (though he was more indirect, but has stated multiple times that we are likely getting "Switch evergreens" in Smash, which Pokemon is definitely qualified for).

Notably, next year is also Pokemon's 25th anniversary and judging from leaked material, TPC definitely do intend to celebrate it on some level; and chances are that Nintendo does too (I would argue that Mario/Zelda/Pokemon are the big 3 of Nintendo, and 2 of them will have anniversaries next year).

Even with the Team Rocket Mii Costume/Sword and Shield spirits, there's still plenty of room for additional Pokemon themed DLC relating to a fighter; and Pokemon has always been treated specially in Smash anyways. On top of all that, people would have found it even more suspicious if Pokemon didn't get any spirits for over a year since Sw/Sh released than they did with Three Houses. And once Byleth got announced, Pokemon would automatically be considered a lock with such a large absence. With such a major milestone coming up, I would say a Gen 8 rep is really likely to get announced for next year (and this is from someone who really does not care at all about pokemon anymore). Doubly so if a Mario rep is announced for the 35th anniversary.

If we say that the Pokemon Company is hard to work with as a potential con, I don't see why everyone is expecting Crash/Activision to make it considering that there's a ton of info that Activision isn't exactly easy to work with either. And unlike Activision, at least TPC are already represented in Smash.

I just don't see how all the teasing for Geno by insiders can be seen as massive evidence, while the same insiders doing the same thing for Pokemon is dismissed so easily.
Because it's apples and oranges. Geno has considerably more going for him than just the good word of insiders. Supirorguy Supirorguy my precocious friend, this is kind of your forte. Would you be willing to explain why the Pokemon Company really isn't big on DLC?

a random user

Smash Journeyman
I think it's a huge slap in the face that they don't do the "easy" thing and just license out the IPs like they used to in the GCN/Wii days. Nintendo has enough money they could afford to drag Sega into another F-Zero GX and even if it flops they'd be OK. They are sitting on a money printing machine right now; it's insane they don't tap into it more. Understandably they could be but we don't know yet... They're still being eerily silent on almost everything...
the thing is they are license out their ips, fire emblem saw fire emblem warriors, and three houses with koi techmo, as well as highrule warriors. candace of hyrule, ubisoft with mario+rabbids, pokemon with the mobile games. fire emblem and seaga with Tokyo mirage sessions. and star fox zero with platinum games. the problem is that they are mostly sticking to the big series(outside of star fox), which does make sense spinoffs of big series make more money than small ones

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I'm probably late on sharing this, but check out this SMRPG-styled Waluigi courtesy of Sean Hicks!

I know it's not Geno, but it is SMRPG, and all of us here like Waluigi anyway :)
HE'S BYOUTIFUL! SeanHicksArt SeanHicksArt 's SMRPG styled stuff is absolutely amazing.

Because it's fun to talk about and gets people passionate about something. I also like to temper my expectations and see all the different potentials we could be looking at. Nothing guarantees Geno is happening, just like nothing guarantees any of these leaks. But just the same it's nice to talk about the possibilities. I for one enjoy digging through the turds to find the gold, to use Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's analogy.
Sure, but in your haste to find gold you've forgotten that the place you're doing your digging is the dinosaur exhibit, and you're making a big mess flinging dirt everywhere to the annoyance of the rest of the museum-goers who just want to learn about the dinosaurs.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I dunno. Not to twist the knife but it's kind of funny how Square and Capcom are so different in this situation.

KH fans: Can we have Sora in Smash or at least ports on Nintendo consoles?

Square: Mmmmm, I don't knoooooooooooooooooooooo (drag this out for 15 years).

DMC fans: Can we have Dante in Smash?

Capcom: You want Dante in Smash, eh? If literally one person likes this post, we'll ask Nintendo to allow us to do two ports and an enhanced port in 8 months and then ask them to seriously consider Dante in Smash.

(Likes their own post)

Capcom: SAY NO MORE!
Sakurai: 'Can we have some Final Fantasy songs?'
Square: 'Two is like some. Some is more than one. Two is more than one.'

Sakurai: 'Can we have some Fatal Fury songs?'
SNK: 'Here's 10, No, 20. 30! 40!! TAKE IT 50, 50, 50!!!!!'

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
It’s a bit different when you didn’t intend a game to operate on a specific console. Sometimes porting can be done with a click of button, and sometimes code has to be rewritten. I don’t believe it isn’t that the switch isn’t capable, I imagine they must not want to go through with additional hassle of porting it.
Unfortunately the hardware of the switch is just so much less like the other two.

Overall idk if Kh fans really care, a port would be nice, but I assume most of us have played it on a ps2,ps3, or ps4. Doesn’t really need a port in my opinion.
Like I said, hard but not impossible.
Well, if Nomura isn´t throwing us off scent, this is evidence that Sora won´t be on Smash.

D

Deleted member

Do you have a source on Activision isn’t easy to work with? Considering how Activision has a good relationship with Nintendo, I don’t see how the company itself is a major roadblock to Crash’s inclusion. Activision is one of Nintendo’s many Switch supporters and even acquired the rights of Bowser and DK in Skylanders. Kinda reminds of me of some people being skeptical of another Square as they think Square is too protective of their IPs.

Last edited by a moderator:

TTF

Smash Journeyman
So after all that's happened last week, how are we all feeling of the chances of Geno finally making to Smash proper?

Personally, between 1-10, I'm at a strong 7.

D

Deleted member

So after all that's happened last week, how are we all feeling of the chances of Geno finally making to Smash proper?

Personally, between 1-10, I'm at a strong 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TTF

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Sakurai: 'Can we have some Final Fantasy songs?'
Square: 'Two is like some. Some is more than one. Two is more than one.'

Sakurai: 'Can we have some Fatal Fury songs?'
SNK: 'Here's 10, No, 20. 30! 40!! TAKE IT 50, 50, 50!!!!!'
To be fair, SNK actually own their songs, while there's multiple different parties that each own one little bit of Final Fantasy. Even if Squeenix wanted to give more songs, they'd still need to negotiate with whoever owns the music. Since Nintendo only deals with the owner of the game itself, we only have two Final Fantasy songs.

Not that it makes it any less of an oof for Cloud, anyways.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Do you have a source on Activision isn’t easy to work with? Considering how Activision has a good relationship with Nintendo, I don’t see how the company itself is a major roadblock to Crash’s inclusion. Activision is one of Nintendo’s many Switch supporters and even acquired the rights of Bowser and DK in Skylanders.
From what I heard

-The Situation with PSASBR, where Activision turned down Crash in that game, probably because it cost too much for the Developers of PSASBR, but keep in mind that they didn't have a big budget for that game...However, I don't know what the FP2 budget is, as it's likely to be smaller than both Base game and FP1. Also keep in mind that around this Time, Crash was in dormancy, unlike today

-I think Naughty Dog (the people that developed the OG Crash Games) even had trouble with getting a Crash 1 Demo in Uncharted, Due to Activision making it hard

-I don't think I've ever Seen Crash ever make a Crossover appearance in anything that's not Activision Published.

While I don't think Activision is as hard to deal with as something like Disney, I do think it could be said that it might be harder than some people expect to Acquire Crash as a Playable character, Mostly due to Cost. Crash in 2019 has been booming and alive more than ever, since his Classic days. As such there might not be any Necessary need for Activision to Scale down their licensing costs, and I'd expect Crash to be alot of money even when he was dormant.

It's really depends on how much Nintendo is willing to Pay for Crash as a Playable character. If Min-Min is any indication, along with just how later Season passes have Diminishing returns, FP2 might be more budget than even FP1. Nintendo might not be willing to pay for Crash as Playable if Activision actually charges that much, when you could probably go for Cheaper Options that people still want to see in Smash. I could see Crash making it as a mii costume if Playable didn't cut it since there's a large difference between Mii Costume and Playable character in Licensing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom