• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
H Y P E

Okay, so assuming that Geno and the Remake are announced together in the same Direct, which would come first? Would you reveal SMRPG:R and lead into a Geno Smash reveal? Or would Nintendo go the Isabelle route and have Geno's reveal and then SMRPG:R after it as like the surprise stinger at the end of the Direct?

MashedPotatoUltimate

Smash Apprentice
H Y P E

Okay, so assuming that Geno and the Remake are announced together in the same Direct, which would come first? Would you reveal SMRPG:R and lead into a Geno Smash reveal? Or would Nintendo go the Isabelle route and have Geno's reveal and then SMRPG:R after it as like the surprise stinger at the end of the Direct?
Geno reveal, then the announcement of SMRPG arriving for SNES online, and right after that is when they reveal the sequel or remake

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno reveal, then the announcement of SMRPG arriving for SNES online, and right after that is when they reveal the sequel or remake
Assuming it's a remake, WOULD they release the original on SNES online?

I imagine what would go through their heads would be "Some people would just skip buying the remake if the original is available for free"

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Imagine.

Geno gets revealed for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Everyone here is happy.

Until we are greeted with this screen at the end of the trailer and on the eShop.

View attachment 284690
You joke about that, but that Final Fantasy Theatrythem game had Sora as a limited time DLC character.

Assuming it's a remake, WOULD they release the original on SNES online?

I imagine what would go through their heads would be "Some people would just skip buying the remake if the original is available for free"
That depends: Would people buy an HD remake of Link's Awakening on Switch if the gameboy color version is on the 3DS via Virtual Console?

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
H Y P E

Honestly, Geno reveal for Smash and then a reveal of SMRPG: Remake would be the ultimate stinger.

D

Deleted member

Why love Nintendo in 2020: They made a Mario 3D collection, Animal Crossing NH, and potentially may add Geno in Smash and have a Mario RPG remake.

Why hate Nintendo in 2020: They don’t listen about Paper Mario, still trash online service, a lack of 1st party games announced, and add Mario 3D collection as a LIMITED release in a middle of a pandemic where there are a lot of people that aren’t financially stable to even afford a Switch.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why love Nintendo in 2020: They made a Mario 3D collection, Animal Crossing NH, and potentially may add Geno in Smash and make a Mario RPG remake.

Why hate Nintendo in 2020: They don’t listen about Paper Mario, still trash online service, a lack of 1st party games announced and add Mario 3D collection as a LIMITED release in a middle of a pandemic where there are a lot of people that aren’t financially stable to even afford a Switch.
Not to mention I haven't seen a single store that even HAS a switch in stock. Nintendo products in general seem to have trouble being produced

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So what should be the storyline be for SMRPG2? I think Smithy should take a vacation, but come back in SMRPG3 or SMRPG4. Have someone else take the antagonist role for one game.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So what should be the storyline be for SMRPG2? I think Smithy should take a vacation, but come back in SMRPG3 or SMRPG4. Have someone else take the antagonist role for one game.
Well, I mean Smithy has taken a 30 year vacation so I think that's enough time for him to come back

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Being blunt I don't really know what you could do with a direct sequel to Mario RPG, the story is complete. The one logical angle for the story to go we already kinda got in Paper Mario. Like, duh, if Bowser learned there was this magical wish granting force in the sky that wasn't granting any of HIS wishes, of course he'd try to harness it for himself.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Star Pirates. Losing the initial encounter against a mountain-sized sword is one thing, but imagine the Star Road's shame when a random pirate ship blazes through their defenses and makes off with their star energy.

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
So Sakurai has stated that before Fighter Pass 2 was decided, he planned on making 1 or 2 bonus characters outside of Pass 1. One of these was most likely Min Min unless they moved the initially planned bonus fighters to later on in Pass 2. If Geno is Fighter Pack #7 and it's meant to coincide with a SMRPG Remake/Sequel announcement, that would mean that Geno was potentially going to be the last character added to Ultimate. That's pretty crazy considering Smash characters usually don't end on knockout characters. This would also explain why Geno's Mii was missing from Hero's presentation even though Fighter Pass 2 was supposedly approved around E3 2019.

StarMagician

Smash Cadet
15 months left to release six characters. Wouldn't be surprised if we end up with some rushed or even borderline unfinished characters towards the end of the pass. Being this far behind the general schedule is.. bad news

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
15 months left to release six characters. Wouldn't be surprised if we end up with some rushed or even borderline unfinished characters towards the end of the pass. Being this far behind the general schedule is.. bad news
I mean, we have no idea how done or not done the characters are. Maybe the remaining five are all 80% done and one of those 95%. How would we know?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Well since Smithy and his gang were soundly defeated, I think a new villain is probably the way to go.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
(What follows is based off of a true story that probably didn't happen whatsoever.)

As my eyelids flutter and my energy for the day is at its end, I rest my weary head down on my soft pillow. As I begin to drift off towards slumber a cold sweat falls upon me. Dashing to the bathroom I worry I'm going to be sick but that isn't it. I drink some water but it fails to seeth the welling sensation inside me that must be let out. ...then I realize what must be done.

I make my way to my rooftop in the dead of night, no sounds around me. Not a peep. I'm a little scared, but what must be done must occur. I suck in some fresh air that fills my lungs and giving me much energy. As my eyes shut and I stand up proudly and tall on my rooftop in the dead of night I yell for all of the world to hear:

"Geno is going to be in Smash!"

"Cacomallow is real!™" (Trademark of Malo Mart Malo Mart )

"The haters will be proven wrong just like many fan requests from Sakurai has shown before!"

"All of the insiders talking about Super Mario RPG mean something!"

And of course...

"And YES everyone, it IS all coming together!"

(Picture unrelated)
20200906_024034.jpg

I had a sigh of relief that I finally spoke the truth but was saddened no one was around to hear it. Content by the deed that I had done, I was still troubled at the lack of audience. Nevertheless, I crawled back into my bed and was ready to enter my slumber. Before going to bed for real, I shed a single tear not out of sadness, but for what is to come for the Geno fanbase.

"Soon you guys. Soon you all will get your wish. And I'll be here until the end of the line until you all do."

~ F I N

regulus tera

Smash Apprentice
They are not gonna rush out the next five characters in a little over a year. Expect the production window to be extended past December 2021.

Last edited:

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
So Sakurai has stated that before Fighter Pass 2 was decided, he planned on making 1 or 2 bonus characters outside of Pass 1. One of these was most likely Min Min unless they moved the initially planned bonus fighters to later on in Pass 2. If Geno is Fighter Pack #7 and it's meant to coincide with a SMRPG Remake/Sequel announcement, that would mean that Geno was potentially going to be the last character added to Ultimate. That's pretty crazy considering Smash characters usually don't end on knockout characters. This would also explain why Geno's Mii was missing from Hero's presentation even though Fighter Pass 2 was supposedly approved around E3 2019.
That was during Byleth's presentation, which was recorded on November 2019.

I don't think Min Min was considered as a bonus fighter, I think she was selected when Nintendo greenlit Fighter Pass 2 well before Terry's reveal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I haven't been kind to people in this community, to be honest. And I admit I was 100% in the wrong for it.

Consider this to be a long apology for it. It's a bit lengthy, so I sorted it into sections. Hopefully this makes it easier to read. I'll be collecting my thoughts over the past couple of months here.

I'm a loyal Nintendo owner. I stuck with Nintendo during the Wii U days, when pretty much no one else did. The community is a far cry from those days, and it's sad to see honestly.

Nintendo's decisions have been.. not so great recently, and I don't think it's acceptable. That direct should have been live, it shouldn't have been shadowdropped. It shouldn't be limited. The collection should have been a remake. The leaks said they weren't, but that's the problem. Why weren't they remakes..? The original All-Stars was the same thing, but they were still remakes. They updated the graphics, 3D All-Stars didn't. It's full price.
The collection has 1080p upscale, and some updated textures.. but that's it. I mean I'm fine with putting games into a collection - Master Chief Collection, Crash N-Sane, Spyro Re-Ignited - all of these are fine. Say what you want about MCC, but it still has new stuff to look forward to. Forge has been greatly expanded. Games have been raised up to 60FPS, and supports 4K. They are transparent with the community, something Nintendo isn't.

Nintendo can do better. They have done better. You cannot feasibly chalk this up to COVID-19 because 3D All-Stars was undeniably planned before then. There is practically no excuse for this to not be a remake, for 64 at least. The other two I was okay with being upscales.

While these are my opinions, and you're free to call me wrong on this, but these are my opinions. But something else where I was 100% wrong in is that Nintendo have been garbage during the Switch era, not just this year. I had a hashtag I made, #ModernNintendoIsGarbage. They seem different (in my eyes) from what they used to be, but to say that it has all been bad is simply pessimistic. They have done great things during this era - Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Smash Ultimate. I enjoyed these games immensely, especially BOTW. It was the main reason I bought the system, and I'm glad I did. I may have problems with some games, especially the latter two - for example, I wanted a better single-player experience in Ultimate. I dislike the stamina system in BOTW. But to say this area is legitimately bad overall instead of just one part is honestly pessimistic, and me in denial. It wasn't right to do, and I apologise. I was just betrayed with the Wii U ports. I bought these for the Wii U. Not the Switch. I still feel as if people are part of the problem for not buying the Wii U in the first place when they should have, but you honestly can't blame them with how Nintendo marketed the thing.

So what have they done for me recently that's good? Well, honestly, not much. ACNH I hated because it was lacking so, so much at launch. It really did feel like a early-access game. But they are willing to update it, they have updated it. It's now a lot more like an Animal Crossing game should be, but it's still got a way to go. Still needs the gyroids, for example. The Nintendo items. The old NPCs coming back, like Pelly and Phyllis. They gave heart and soul to the game that's been.. absent in ACNH? It doesn't have the same spark New Leaf or Wild World had.

I guess the 3D World port looks promising because it's something.. new. It has new content. It feels different, gameplay-wise. Outlets have confirmed this, they changed up the movement. I didn't bother with Xenoblade seeing as how I dislike Xenoblade's combat, but it looks good. The Mario 35 game looks neat, reminds me of Tetris 99. It's definitely something that should have been done a while ago, and the same premise with the SMB Battle Royale game that got shut down showed that.

So when people started to defend Nintendo's behaviour, I saw this as a personal attack on me. I shouldn't have, sure, but I still did it. I don't approve of the ports, seeing as how I'm an avid Wii U owner. It makes my purchases void, as if they gave me a big middle finger for supporting them during those times. I felt betrayed, and I lashed out on other people for it. I called them cultists, Nintendo apologists, etc etc. It was wrong of me to do, and I apologise. I want you to know that I am not that kind of person typically, and I can only say it's my mental health getting the best of me.

This didn't come up out of nowhere, however. I felt betrayed by the communities I once loved. Many communities have grown toxic, and almost completely different places in comparison to how they were during the Wii U days. We were united during those days. Now we are divided. The Animal Crossing community has suffered the most out of this, in my eyes. It was the most friendly, welcoming community I have ever seen in my life. Now look at it. It's.. just not the same. Gatekeeping is rampant. Toxicity is rampant. Should I blame Twitter? Or should I blame the Switch?

And that's another thing I felt deeply betrayed about. The Switch itself. It's no secret that the Switch is doing well, but the installbase from the Switch is completely different to the Wii U. Many communities have gotten toxic simply by association of being connected to the Switch. You see so many communities clamboring for their game to be on Switch (i.e. the Persona 5 fanbase), for example. The Nintendo installbase seems much more rabid to me, more than ever. The type of thing you would see in console wars debates. Is it because of Twitter again? Politics? I have no idea, but take a look in how certain communities used to exist prior to being on the Switch. It becomes a completely different place.

Yes. Some of you may be thinking I'm hiding behind my mental health and I'm not being sincere about this, but how exactly can I be sincere if you think that way? How can I apologise sincerely? This is my sincere apology. I'm not sure how to re-phrase this, otherwise. What exactly do you expect me to do, in this case? Maybe people aren't actually thinking this and I'm just thinking this myself, but this is just me stating how I feel clearly.

Now, for Geno. I am not a combative person. I try to avoid conflict wherever I can, but my past actions don't reflect this. I apologise in advance for that. I lashed out at the Newcomer Speculation Discussion thread. I strongly believed that the harassment towards us and their userbase correlated with GameFAQs. Any time our thread got discussed on that thread, it was also discussed on GameFAQs. I connected the dots, and assumed they are one of the same. This isn't the case, and I had held a personal vendetta against the thread. I know there are nice people there. I know it can also be toxic there. All I wanted was for the community to get along, but was I really better? Making a divide between the Geno thread and the Newcomer thread out of my own reasons? Being petty by saying to take everything from the Newcomer thread "with a grain of salt" because they said the same thing towards our thread? It didn't make me better than any of them. I'm supposed to be above that sort of behaviour, but I only stooped down to their level.

For these reasons, I received two warning points for harassment. If I continued like that, I would have likely been banned. My personal feelings and agenda got in the way of speculation, when it shouldn't have at all.

I had held a grudge against Cutie Gwen in particular for reasons, such as calling the Starlight Foundation a way of "buying our way into Smash" and that it's disingenuine. I also strongly disliked Tehponycorn for similar reasons, and I would like to apologise to both of these people. While I may not like these people due to how they have behaved, it was not right to treat them poorly because of my own personal reasons instead of treating them like I would like to be treated.

It's become clear that Nintendo speculation, and by extension it's communities themselves, take out the worst in people. Maybe it shows their true colours, I don't know. But this is something we should all try to avoid. Work together, instead of dividing each other. Smash is a divisive game by default because of the limited DLC spots, but we should show support to other fanbases instead of demonising them like I did. And vice versa. No matter how you feel on a character, you should support their fanbase regardless. You should not call them cult-like, for example. But we should not call them the same thing back, like I did. That does not give a good look as a fanbase.

I was taking Nintendo discussion very seriously, and I learnt to take a break from it. Stop caring. And I feel much better because of it. I'm no longer lashing out at people for my own personal reasons. I'm treating people with the respect I deserve, like I should do. Like I have been doing in the past. Like I have been doing without Nintendo communities in my life. It changes me into a completely different person.

I realized that only demonising people will only make me as bad as them. And once again, I apologise. This was a lengthy post, so again I'm sorry. Thanks for reading it all if you did, though. I wasn't sure where to post this, but I was active in this community. I'm sorry for treating it like my own personal soapbox.

Like I said before, I'll be supporting from the sidelines. I saw PapaGenos is feeling optimistic about Geno, I'm glad. He shouldn't be afraid to share how he feels on a character.

Just one more push. Geno is honestly looking really likely as of late. And I'm happy about that. We're almost there.

D

Deleted member

I haven't been kind to people in this community, to be honest. And I admit I was 100% in the wrong for it.

Consider this to be a long apology for it. It's a bit lengthy, so I sorted it into sections. Hopefully this makes it easier to read. I'll be collecting my thoughts over the past couple of months here.

I'm a loyal Nintendo owner. I stuck with Nintendo during the Wii U days, when pretty much no one else did. The community is a far cry from those days, and it's sad to see honestly.

Nintendo's decisions have been.. not so great recently, and I don't think it's acceptable. That direct should have been live, it shouldn't have been shadowdropped. It shouldn't be limited. The collection should have been a remake. The leaks said they weren't, but that's the problem. Why weren't they remakes..? The original All-Stars was the same thing, but they were still remakes. They updated the graphics, 3D All-Stars didn't. It's full price.
The collection has 1080p upscale, and some updated textures.. but that's it. I mean I'm fine with putting games into a collection - Master Chief Collection, Crash N-Sane, Spyro Re-Ignited - all of these are fine. Say what you want about MCC, but it still has new stuff to look forward to. Forge has been greatly expanded. Games have been raised up to 60FPS, and supports 4K. They are transparent with the community, something Nintendo isn't.

Nintendo can do better. They have done better. You cannot feasibly chalk this up to COVID-19 because 3D All-Stars was undeniably planned before then. There is practically no excuse for this to not be a remake, for 64 at least. The other two I was okay with being upscales.

While these are my opinions, and you're free to call me wrong on this, but these are my opinions. But something else where I was 100% wrong in is that Nintendo have been garbage during the Switch era, not just this year. I had a hashtag I made, #ModernNintendoIsGarbage. They seem different (in my eyes) from what they used to be, but to say that it has all been bad is simply pessimistic. They have done great things during this era - Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Smash Ultimate. I enjoyed these games immensely, especially BOTW. It was the main reason I bought the system, and I'm glad I did. I may have problems with some games, especially the latter two - for example, I wanted a better single-player experience in Ultimate. I dislike the stamina system in BOTW. But to say this area is legitimately bad overall instead of just one part is honestly pessimistic, and me in denial. It wasn't right to do, and I apologise. I was just betrayed with the Wii U ports. I bought these for the Wii U. Not the Switch. I still feel as if people are part of the problem for not buying the Wii U in the first place when they should have, but you honestly can't blame them with how Nintendo marketed the thing.

So what have they done for me recently that's good? Well, honestly, not much. ACNH I hated because it was lacking so, so much at launch. It really did feel like a early-access game. But they are willing to update it, they have updated it. It's now a lot more like an Animal Crossing game should be, but it's still got a way to go. Still needs the gyroids, for example. The Nintendo items. The old NPCs coming back, like Pelly and Phyllis. They gave heart and soul to the game that's been.. absent in ACNH? It doesn't have the same spark New Leaf or Wild World had.

I guess the 3D World port looks promising because it's something.. new. It has new content. It feels different, gameplay-wise. Outlets have confirmed this, they changed up the movement. I didn't bother with Xenoblade seeing as how I dislike Xenoblade's combat, but it looks good. The Mario 35 game looks neat, reminds me of Tetris 99. It's definitely something that should have been done a while ago, and the same premise with the SMB Battle Royale game that got shut down showed that.

So when people started to defend Nintendo's behaviour, I saw this as a personal attack on me. I shouldn't have, sure, but I still did it. I don't approve of the ports, seeing as how I'm an avid Wii U owner. It makes my purchases void, as if they gave me a big middle finger for supporting them during those times. I felt betrayed, and I lashed out on other people for it. I called them cultists, Nintendo apologists, etc etc. It was wrong of me to do, and I apologise. I want you to know that I am not that kind of person typically, and I can only say it's my mental health getting the best of me.

This didn't come up out of nowhere, however. I felt betrayed by the communities I once loved. Many communities have grown toxic, and almost completely different places in comparison to how they were during the Wii U days. We were united during those days. Now we are divided. The Animal Crossing community has suffered the most out of this, in my eyes. It was the most friendly, welcoming community I have ever seen in my life. Now look at it. It's.. just not the same. Gatekeeping is rampant. Toxicity is rampant. Should I blame Twitter? Or should I blame the Switch?

And that's another thing I felt deeply betrayed about. The Switch itself. It's no secret that the Switch is doing well, but the installbase from the Switch is completely different to the Wii U. Many communities have gotten toxic simply by association of being connected to the Switch. You see so many communities clamboring for their game to be on Switch (i.e. the Persona 5 fanbase), for example. The Nintendo installbase seems much more rabid to me, more than ever. The type of thing you would see in console wars debates. Is it because of Twitter again? Politics? I have no idea, but take a look in how certain communities used to exist prior to being on the Switch. It becomes a completely different place.

Yes. Some of you may be thinking I'm hiding behind my mental health and I'm not being sincere about this, but how exactly can I be sincere if you think that way? How can I apologise sincerely? This is my sincere apology. I'm not sure how to re-phrase this, otherwise. What exactly do you expect me to do, in this case? Maybe people aren't actually thinking this and I'm just thinking this myself, but this is just me stating how I feel clearly.

Now, for Geno. I am not a combative person. I try to avoid conflict wherever I can, but my past actions don't reflect this. I apologise in advance for that. I lashed out at the Newcomer Speculation Discussion thread. I strongly believed that the harassment towards us and their userbase correlated with GameFAQs. Any time our thread got discussed on that thread, it was also discussed on GameFAQs. I connected the dots, and assumed they are one of the same. This isn't the case, and I had held a personal vendetta against the thread. I know there are nice people there. I know it can also be toxic there. All I wanted was for the community to get along, but was I really better? Making a divide between the Geno thread and the Newcomer thread out of my own reasons? Being petty by saying to take everything from the Newcomer thread "with a grain of salt" because they said the same thing towards our thread? It didn't make me better than any of them. I'm supposed to be above that sort of behaviour, but I only stooped down to their level.

For these reasons, I received two warning points for harassment. If I continued like that, I would have likely been banned. My personal feelings and agenda got in the way of speculation, when it shouldn't have at all.

I had held a grudge against Cutie Gwen in particular for reasons, such as calling the Starlight Foundation a way of "buying our way into Smash" and that it's disingenuine. I also strongly disliked Tehponycorn for similar reasons, and I would like to apologise to both of these people. While I may not like these people due to how they have behaved, it was not right to treat them poorly because of my own personal reasons instead of treating them like I would like to be treated.

It's become clear that Nintendo speculation, and by extension it's communities themselves, take out the worst in people. Maybe it shows their true colours, I don't know. But this is something we should all try to avoid. Work together, instead of dividing each other. Smash is a divisive game by default because of the limited DLC spots, but we should show support to other fanbases instead of demonising them like I did. And vice versa. No matter how you feel on a character, you should support their fanbase regardless. You should not call them cult-like, for example. But we should not call them the same thing back, like I did. That does not give a good look as a fanbase.

I was taking Nintendo discussion very seriously, and I learnt to take a break from it. Stop caring. And I feel much better because of it. I'm no longer lashing out at people for my own personal reasons. I'm treating people with the respect I deserve, like I should do. Like I have been doing in the past. Like I have been doing without Nintendo communities in my life. It changes me into a completely different person.

I realized that only demonising people will only make me as bad as them. And once again, I apologise. This was a lengthy post, so again I'm sorry. Thanks for reading it all if you did, though. I wasn't sure where to post this, but I was active in this community. I'm sorry for treating it like my own personal soapbox.

Like I said before, I'll be supporting from the sidelines. I saw PapaGenos is feeling optimistic about Geno, I'm glad. He shouldn't be afraid to share how he feels on a character.

Just one more push. Geno is honestly looking really likely as of late. And I'm happy about that. We're almost there.
I think I read somewhere that some user name Gwen thinks we made a foundation to buy our way into Smash. That is just wrong. Is she really stupid enough to think we’re stupid enough raising a charity for sick children will make Nintendo and Sakurai notice us and add our character? Just like that? The purpose of a raising a charity is to support those in need. End of story. It’s not gonna do anything but showing kindness. I find it funny that people called Geno fans “The worst“ when the fanbase literally held a charity. Is there any other fanbase that did the same thing? Probably not as far as I know. How could anybody instantly assume that we’re just doing just for our character in Smash? It doesn’t even work like that! ROFL!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Star Pirates. Losing the initial encounter against a mountain-sized sword is one thing, but imagine the Star Road's shame when a random pirate ship blazes through their defenses and makes off with their star energy.

Blackbeard: Zehahaha! It's time to steal the star energy from the Star Road so all the wishes will be ours. Move forward men!

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I think I read somewhere that some user name Gwen thinks we made a foundation to buy our way into Smash. That is just wrong. Is she stupid to think we’re stupid enough raising a charity for sick children will make Nintendo and Sakurai notice us and add our character? Just like that? The purpose of a raising a charity is to support those in need. End of story. It’s not gonna do anything but showing kindness. I find it funny that people called Geno fans “The worst“ when the fanbase literally held a charity. Is there any other fanbase that did the same thing? Probably not as far as I know. How could anybody instantly assume that we’re just doing just for our character in Smash? It doesn’t even work like that! ROFL!
What are you talking about? Don't you know that the charity ACTUALLY secretly funded into Fatman's bank account? How do you think he's made any money lying to this thread for the past year? ;)

Seriously though, I swear to god everytime I try and go into the newcomer speculation thread they're always talking about Geno, I can't tell if I just keep popping in at the wrong time or he just constantly keeps getting brought up in there for some reason. Though that's the least of that threads issues if I'm being honest.

Also, do we know exactly how Galaxy works in the collection yet? I'm hearing a bunch of mixed answers. Do you NEED to use the Joy Cons, or can you just use the right stick to control the pointer and press a button to spin. Because if you can't I'm cancelling my pre-order, that's RIDICULOUS.

Last edited:

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Nice to be approaching vindication after 1 year and 9 months of 100% believing Geno is in. Said there’d be either a SMRPG remake or playable Geno in Smash, turns out it could be both! Time to see which predictions come true:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Dunno what this is, but I like it.
It's from One Piece one of the greatest manga/anime franchises of all time.

What are you talking about? Don't you know that the charity ACTUALLY secretly funded into Fatman's bank account? How do you think he's made any money lying to this thread for the past year? ;)

Seriously though, I swear to god everytime I try and go into the newcomer speculation thread they're always talking about Geno, I can't tell if I just keep popping in at the wrong time or he just constantly keeps getting brought up in there for some reason. Though that's the least of that threads issues if I'm being honest.

Also, do we know exactly how Galaxy works in the collection yet? I'm hearing a bunch of mixed answers. Do you NEED to use the Joy Cons, or can you just use the right stick to control the pointer and press a button to spin. Because if you can't I'm cancelling my pre-order, that's RIDICULOUS.
I wouldn't be surprised if some people have already made up that lie about Fatman. It's crazy the amount of harassment Fatman get's.

Last edited:

a random user

Smash Journeyman

pinshadow

Smash Lord
1453141495468.png

See, that sounds to me like a BS Nintendo PR answer though, it could be completely wrong and leaves several other questions. What about spinning in handheld mode? What about using the Pro Controller in TV mode? The fact that I have to ask these questions at all is not a good sign and honestly this is worse than them not making 64 widescreen or Sunshine 60fps.

Last edited:

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Even if Fatman was some Illuminati-type figure who's funding a charity to get Geno in Smash, I still think it's kinda hilarious how these people would rather wish the charity not exist just so they don't get a character they don't want in their vidya. Truly peak first world problem stuff.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I can't wait to fill up my photo album in Smash with the black and white Smash manga I'm going to make with Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, and Geno all in it starring as the stars. I'll call it: "The Never Evers' Journey to Freedom!" Or something else... Have any other suggestions guys with the title name?

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Man, if we do get a sequel to smrpg2. I will be bummed out that we probably won´t get any smithy. I loved those villains, so funny and interesting. I wonder if Queen valentina will show up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom