• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully those Wario rumors are true. I need Wario Land on the Switch. It's been 12 years.

View attachment 284673

Please.
A remake of the Virtual Boy game was tied to the Link's Awakening remake as a rumor maybe two years ago? It's been heavily implied by insiders that there was a bunch of 3DS games that just got canceled and only a few were salvaged for the Switch, Link's Awakening being one of them and I believe a Fire Emblem remake being another. You could also argue that Pokemon Sword and Shield originally started as 3DS games, with the only evidence being that those games look like ass, were hardly optimized for the Switch, and Pokemon Company openly stated they thought the Switch would fail so it's likely the Gen 8 games didn't start development on it. I will never not be angry about those games and I will always take every opportunity to **** on them. I'm so glad I never bought them. But anyway I digress.....

Fingers crossed that Wario Land is happening because I would love to play the virtual boy game all over again and not break my neck or go blind while doing it

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Honestly I haven't heard from my source for days, and we barely talk about gaming info these days, I guess considering that getting info has been just nearly impossible this year overall, it's a miracle he even heard one or two things in all year. We mostly talk about other stuff and work lately lol
Fair enough, just wondering given how according to Fatman it's been circulating for awhile apparently.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
I found the YouTube upload. I’m not really feeling like listening to the whole thing, so can you please give a timestamp to when Roger starts talking about the Mario RPG stuff and Geno tying into it? If you can’t that’s ok.
Start at 50min.

Also like I said earlier in the thread he is definitely throwing his weight behind Geno and has been for the past few years. I think just around the time Ultimate was released and he made his final speculation for the final roster, he simped for Geno hard saying that it absolutely was his time and that Nintendo and Sakurai totally were aware of the fan demand. ...Which is exactly what GameXplain has been saying as well for what it's worth 🤷‍♂️😎

D

Deleted member

You could also argue that Pokemon Sword and Shield originally started as 3DS games, with the only evidence being that those games look like ass, we're hardly optimized for the Switch, and Pokemon Company openly stated they thought the Switch would fail so it's likely the Gen 8 games didn't start development on it.
No, I wasn't gonna argue that at all, because I don't care about Sword and Shield. I just wanna play Wario Land. The VB game especially. That game, and Shake It! are the only Wario Land games I haven't played yet.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Several of my brothers in the Illuminati were able to piece together the dates that the Direct page updated for their respective presentations:
Added dates for ya

July 13-14/17 - Partner Showcase July 20 7-3 days
August 15 - Partner Showcase August 26 11 days
September 1 - Mario 35th Direct Sept 3 2 days
September 5 - ???

There doesn't seem to be a pattern but you can argue that it wouldn't be longer than two weeks from September 5th for the next direct. That puts us at September 20th for the latest, but the date insiders gave us as the cut off I believe was the 16th? Either way we're in the endgame now

No, I wasn't gonna argue that at all, because I don't care about Sword and Shield. I just wanna play Wario Land. The VB game especially. That game, and Shake It! are the only Wario Land games I haven't played yet.
Ha! The Pokemon dig wasn't directed at you directly. I just really really really effing hate those games and I'm one of those bitter guys who tried to boycott it to no avail and I want the world to know

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Added dates for ya

July 13-14/17 - Partner Showcase July 20 7-3 days
August 15 - Partner Showcase August 26 11 days
September 1 - Mario 35th Direct Sept 3 2 days
September 5 - ???

There doesn't seem to be a pattern but you can argue that it wouldn't be longer than two weeks from September 5th for the next direct. That puts us at September 20th for the latest, but the dates insiders gave us as they caught off I believe were the 16th? Either way we're in the endgame now
The 16th sounds like a logical release date for FP7 if the 14th is out of the question

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Start at 50min.

Also like I said earlier in the thread he is definitely throwing his weight behind Geno and has been for the past few years. I think just around the time Ultimate was released and he made his final speculation for the final roster, he simped for Geno hard saying that it absolutely was his time and that Nintendo and Sakurai totally were aware of the fan demand. ...Which is exactly what GameXplain has been saying as well for what it's worth 🤷‍♂️😎
Ok thanks! And yeah, I remember Roger put Geno in his predictions for FP2 and said he was “the closest to a lock”, but I felt that was pretty clearly just his personal predictions.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
I remember listening somewhere, or reading somewhere around here, that Nintendo had told its partners a few months back to send them material for a General Direct (potentially) on September. Can anyone corroborate that? I can't remember exactly where was it mentioned.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
I remember listening somewhere, or reading somewhere around here, that Nintendo had told its partners a few months back to send them material for a General Direct (potentially) on September. Can anyone corroborate that? I can't remember exactly where was it mentioned.
papagenos papagenos has talked about this in one of his vids, i know that much!

Speaking of, Papa...did YOU know about these Remake/Sequel rumors too? O.O

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I also remember this, but I do not remember what FROM.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I remember Grubb saying Nintendo told Partners that they weren't holding an E3 direct but I don't remember anyone outright saying "nothing until September". Even if they did they sure as hell aren't sticking to it anymore since they are holding these Partner Showcases every month.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Given the fact we've had the Direct site update literally twice within 4 days of each other, it tells me we're getting something within the next 6 days rather than the week after. Remember, we're just entering the first full week of September right now, and going by the previous release of Min Min, we likely won't have to wait more than a week for FP7 to release

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
The 16th sounds like a logical release date for FP7 if the 14th is out of the question
Given the fact we've had the Direct site update literally twice within 4 days of each other, it tells me we're getting something within the next 6 days rather than the week after. Remember, we're just entering the first full week of September right now, and going by the previous release of Min Min, we likely won't have to wait more than a week for FP7 to release
January 2020:
Series specific direct (Pokémon)
One week later
Sakurai presents

September 2020:
Series specific direct (Mario)
One week later
???
Judging by something Fatmanonice Fatmanonice had said before, we have been getting pretty consistently Monday and Thursday directs which means Nintendo is sticking to those days. The 14th is a Monday, and the 17th is a Thursday. Monday the 7th in the US seems like it's out of the question but the rest of the world does not have a labor day holiday so it's on the table. The 10th would be that Thursday and I think that was a date predicted earlier in the thread using some modeling.

again I can't really say what's going to happen but it's going to happen if it is within the next two weeks. And it would have to be on a Monday or Thursday if patterns are to be believed

Edit: I said that but now I realize the indie direct was on a Wednesday? Still Monday and Thursday have been good bets

Last edited:

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
A Super Mario RPG Remake/Sequel, huh ?

Wow, if that actually happens and Geno joins Smash, you guys win big time.
Like, you would actually have the most W's if this pans out.

Seriously think about it, Geno's a legacy character who is also 3rd party, not only would he continue to demolish the stupid fan rule of "no promotions", but his revival would actually bring him back to relevancy more so than K Rool or Banjo, because he actually stars in the game his promoting.

Holy****, I just want Waluigi and I don't care if he's a bonus like P. Plant, but you guys deserve to have the full pack dedicated to Geno.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would just ignore the newcomer thread altogether. A while ago I posted my predictions their and as soon as they saw Geno on my predictions, everyone started ridiculing me for putting him on their, and that thread is littered with a bunch of "know-it-alls" who constantly act like they know what their talking about, when they really don't, and they constantly gatekeep certain characters. While I personally doubt BWD, Waluigi and Dixie will get included in the Fighters Pass, considering the lack of ideas they could come with for a Challenger Pack, I still do acknowledge they have a chance nonetheless. As long as you're a video game character, you will always have a chance in my eyes.

Making an account on this site was easily one of the best decisions I have ever made. I have made tons of new friends here and its such an honor to speculate with you all, as well as the people over on the Crash thread and Waluigi thread. But if their is one thread on this site that I do have a bone to pick with, its easily the newcomer thread, and I personally see them as the only real toxic thread on this site, maybe aside from the competitive threads. I wouldn't pay them attention if I were you. They will be in for a surprise when FP2 blows each and every one of their expectations out of the water.
Than they will move the goalpost to the next most popular character and say they will never get in.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
January 2020:
Series specific direct (Pokémon)
One week later
Sakurai presents

September 2020:
Series specific direct (Mario)
One week later
???
I want this timeline, let us have it, let us meditate and manifest it into existence. Use every last biophoton to do it!

But like... my LORD, if it turns out that Cacomallow is ACTUALLY real all this time, and ALSO all this time that Doom Interview that shut down Doomguy spec was actually a LIE all along and we get not only Geno but Doomguy too... OHHHHH JIMINY CHRISTMAS! I want that so badly.

If we could just be in for the BEST of Smash times, that'd be great. Work whatever Doctor Strange magic or quantum entanglement you have to do to make it happen.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Huh. I'd be lying if I said I believed the rumor outright regarding this mythical Mario RPG remake, but by GOD does it feel like the missing puzzle piece that ties everything from the past year regarding Geno and Mario RPG together. Roger doesn't feel like the kind of guy who would pull something like this out of his ass and the fact it's circulated around other people as well is promising, but no offense I'm waiting until a few more others can back this.
I feel Jeff Grubb has been hinting at the remake if you’re looking for more credible people backing it. Tons of Geno/Mario RPG posting over the past couple months. Notably, after the Mario Direct was over he had a tweet that just said “Super Mario RPG”

I wasn’t entirely sure beforehand if he was hinting at Smash, but Mario RPG Remake makes a lot more sense. As you said, remake is basically the missing puzzle piece

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Geno heralds the coming of "Those that came to save the World". Geno flies across the sky, leaving a glittering shining trail over the night sky. Following the trail of light, Crash speeds his way to the "promised place" on his kart with Aku Aku in tow. Mistaking the glitter as a parade of Lums, Rayman rushes after it. Sensing supernatural energy coming off the trail of light, Dante goes out to investigate is it may have anything to do with some demon that might be up to no good, or something else entirely. Over at an abandoned station in Mars, the Doom Slayer sees on a monitor with an image of Earth, showing a strange light traveling over its surface; thus he heads towards a teleporter en route to the planet to investigate.

Unbeknownst to "those that came to save the World", other heroes have been drawn to the light, rushing with determination and hopes to make it in time for the "fated day".

It's Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Ragnarok Apocalypse: Soul Saviors

Griselda

Smash Lord
Geno heralds the coming of "Those that came to save the World". Geno flies across the sky, leaving a glittering shining trail over the night sky. Following the trail of light, Crash speeds his way to the "promised place" on his kart with Aku Aku in tow. Mistaking the glitter as a parade of Lums, Rayman rushes after it. Sensing supernatural energy coming off the trail of light, Dante goes out to investigate is it may have anything to do with some demon that might be up to no good, or something else entirely. Over at an abandoned station in Mars, the Doom Slayer sees on a monitor with an image of Earth, showing a strange light traveling over its surface; thus he heads towards a teleporter en route to the planet to investigate.

Unbeknownst to "those that came to save the World", other heroes have been drawn to the light, rushing with determination and hopes to make it in time for the "fated day".

It's Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Ragnarok Apocalypse: Soul Saviors
This is kinda giving me Street Fighter x Tekken vibes with everyone heading to Antarctica to try and get their hands on Pandora.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Now, all we must do is wait and see throughout the next 6 days through Thursday and see if FP7 is finally revealed, and so far with everything laid out, there's a decent chance of it happening

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Geno reveal trailer 1: The Normal One

Kirby's flying on his star, being Kirby. But then the clouds and sky whip up and get all crazy, threatening to knock Kirby off course. Kirby FLIES off course and CRASHES into a castle. But THEN the CEILING CRASHES and Kirby runs for his so-called life! A GIANT BLADE has crashed through the top of the castle, and Kirby turns around to see the castle and Exor sticking out of it, and it isn't too long after when Kirby turns around to see.... GENO! The man himself!

Geno reveal trailer 2: The Cool One

Wario is sitting on his couch eating pizza. He goes "Warrrrrrrrrrrrrrr har har har har harrrrrrrrrrr". Kirby then sucks up ALL of Wario's pizza, and Wario chases Kirby out of rage after a GIF-worthy shot of Wario's eyes filling with the fires of rage. Kirby runs REALLY REALLY FAST through the trees, up and down hills, down the road, etc with Wario chasing him on his bike. Wario on his bike, Kirby on his star. Wario corners Kirby, and then "KERSMASH!" a wooden fist punches out ALL OF WARIO'S TEETH. Kirby turns to see GENO! A toothless Wario goes "ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" and tries to tackle Geno but then Geno engulfs him in a Geno Beam, DBZ style. Wario is never seen again :(

Geno reveal trailer 3: You know you want this one :)

It's a doctor's office, Bowser is in the hospital being looked at by Doctor Mario. Multiple gags take place where Doctor Mario tries multiple things that don't agree with Bowser, he spews flames upon receiving certain vitamins and such. BUT THEN the intercom kicks off... it's Smash Mouth! Smash Mouth's "Do It Again" kicks in as Geno walks in through the door. He turns to Doctor Mario and says "Hey BUTTHEAD! Let me take a look at him." Then Geno grabs a folding chair and SLAMS IT ON TOP OF BOWSER'S STOMACH SO HARD that he coughs up Gooigi, who was accidentally swallowed by Bowser all along. Geno then KICKS OPEN the door and goes "He's the echo fighter, I'm the REAL fighter. GOT THAT? Now get out of my way, you BUTTHEADS, let's get this show on the road." Smash Mouth's "Under Pressure" plays as we see the long awaited Geno montage. To the end of Smash Mouth's "Under Pressure", Geno stands on top of Star Hill, hands in the air, praising the Star Road as he raises a Star Piece above his head. Record scratch! Wario stole the star. Geno goes "Hey, FATSO! You stole my STAR. Get over here you FARTKNOCKER" and then he punches the screen with his flying fist, which shatters the screen as it transitions to the Smash Bros logo: Super Smash Bros x Smash Mouth ft Geno.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
You mean the guy saying that there'll be a general Direct on the 9th?

No idea who he is or if he's trustworthy. Though, a Direct on the 9th sounds plausible, since Nintendo's been having Directs on Wednesdays lately. Plus, it's still early in the month, which means if something's coming on the 9th, it's likely not a Partner Showcase since those seem to be a "end of the month" thing.

Last edited:

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
You mean the guy saying that there'll be a general Direct on the 9th?

No idea who he is or if he's trustworthy. Though, a Direct on the 9th sounds plausible, since Nintendo's been having Directs on Wednesdays lately. Plus, it's still early in the month, which means if something's coming on the 9th, it's likely not a Partner Showcase since those seem to be a "end of the month" thing.
True, but we should keep an eye on it.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
OOH, Smashpool time:
I really think we´re getting a smash direct the week of the 14th through 17th.
I don´t think this next week is the one where we will get a smash direct, it has to be near the amiibo releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom