• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Wait, there was a Mario Battle Royale fangame... and it got taken down recently?
Just checked, it seems like it was about a year ago. So whether it was taken down due to being similar to this, or it was just a normal takedown because it was getting really popular and Nintendo was inspired by it is a weird question we can't really answer.

domriver

Smash Lord
I enjoyed the Mario 35th Direct.

The online Mario game looks fun and annoying. It reminded me of Tetris 99. I know ill probably play that.
chances are i might buy the super mario world 3D JUST for the sole purpose of Bowsers Fury but i need more details before i can commit. The Mario Kart Live looks ok. Not my cup of tea but whatever! Looks cool. Game and Watch Mario - thanks ill pass. Seems more like a collectors thing to be honest. The 3D Marios all in 1. well i dont know to be honest because i played every single one and with no noticeable changes im not really compelled to purchase them again. It was a good direct dont get me wrong just 1 or 2 things caught my interest.
Still waiting on News regarding FP #7 , Bayonetta. Metroid and other games please....

pinshadow

Smash Lord
EVEN THE ESHOP IS MARIO THEMED

"OH BUT WHY WOULD NINTENDO MAKE A BIG DEAL OUT OF THE 35TH ANNIVERSARY, THERES NOTHING POINTING TOWARDS THAT AT ALLLLLLLLLL, IF IT WAS REAL THEY WOULD HAVE REVEALED IT ALREADY, WHAT DO YOU MEAN GAMES AREN'T MADE IN SOME TOP SECRET NINTENDO BUNKER"

(can you tell I'm a tiny bit salty at having to debate people for months on this?)

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Really getting ahead of ourselves right now methinks. We're getting something Smash related soon and I think it IS likely to be Geno, but atleast wait until stuff gets a little more clear.
My guy, I cemented Geno as 7 and 77 last July. That bridge has been crossed a long, long time ago. Like I keep saying, **** a silver bullet. Some people could have Doug Bowser break into their house, tear his shirt in half to reveal "Geno is coming to Smash" tattooed on his chest and people would still be skeptical. You all can dip your toes in the hype pool and wait until the water is an exact temperature before jumping in. As for me, I'm cannonballing in this ***** and if I ultimately die of shock, oh ****in' well, at least I had fun.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow we got a shadow-dropped announcement of Geno for Smash. Them having shadow-dropped the Super Mario 35th Anniversary Direct really makes me think so. Heh, the U.S. may have Area 51, but Nintendo has freakin' Area 128 (well... for some projects).

Noipoi

Howdy!
There’s one full week before the week of Mario 3D All Stars’ release.

Now if I could take you back January. Early in the month they had a Pokémon Direct to announce the dlc, and one week later there was a Sakurai Presents. I’m not telling you this is exactly what’s gonna happen, but it is a possibility I’m entertaining. We’ll see what happens next week.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Wait can someone clarify what specifically was the “teasing” that Ryce did that got everyone so hyped? You don’t log on for one day and suddenly a landslide of hype happens smh

Weird they didn’t have the Geno announcement today if it’s coming but I could see it being a part of another direct as well. I don’t think it’s a kiss of death at all. The Mario anniversary stuff was cool.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Wait can someone clarify what specifically was the “teasing” that Ryce did that got everyone so hyped? You don’t log on for one day and suddenly a landslide of hype happens smh
He basically posted a couple of gifs that showed Kirby flying on a warp star, crashing like in WoL and the next was Mario looking out at Exor.

He was talking about how Bowser's castle should be a stage in Smash.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

Check his post on that page. It doesn't seem like he speaks up much, but he notably debunked Vergeben's "Minecraft content in smash" claim back in 2018, as well as the Grinch leak. And apparently he knew about Piranha Plant coming.

Snoop_nogg

Smash Apprentice
I enjoyed the direct, I'm probably going to have to pick up 3-D All Stars and Mario 35.

Mario Kart Live looks really fun, though my kids would probably enjoy it for a few hours until they inevitably crashed the carts all over the house.

I might be in the minority here, but I actually prefer the shadow drops.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Well, it's possible we could see a Sakurai Presents video announced for next week tomorrow. We do have precedent with Min Min's video being announced on a Friday before
I could see a Sakurai Presents being announced for the 5th, 7th, 8th, or 10th next week, if Fatmanonice Fatmanonice is correct about finally being in the final 7 days now.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I could see a Sakurai Presents being announced for the 5th, 7th, 8th, or 10th next week, if Fatmanonice Fatmanonice is correct about finally being in the final 7 days now.
Nintendo abruptly changing their presentation schedule (Mondays and Wednesdays since June) to accommodate the Mario presentation makes me think my theory about the 9th or 10th was correct with the 10th potentially being the golden ticket because Nintendo likes to lock in specific days of the week to do presentations and then runs with it for months following.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
He basically posted a couple of gifs that showed Kirby flying on a warp star, crashing like in WoL and the next was Mario looking out at Exor.

Check his post on that page. It doesn't seem like he speaks up much, but he notably debunked Vergeben's "Minecraft content in smash" claim back in 2018, as well as the Grinch leak. And apparently he knew about Piranha Plant coming.
Ty, kings

Also he’s right. Bowsers Castle would be the best representation of SMRPG as well as an additional Mario stage alongside the ones we already have. You get Exor there and he’s the most iconic visual in the game. And it’s where the intro to the game happens as well as it’s epic conclusion. Forest Maze shows up for a comparatively much smaller amount of time. It’s relevant to Geno but the castle is a big deal for the whole Mario series. It just makes more sense.

Also

They’re just memeing at this point or something is actually happening

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Nintendo abruptly changing their presentation schedule (Mondays and Wednesdays since June) to accommodate the Mario presentation makes me think my theory about the 9th or 10th was correct with the 10th potentially being the golden ticket because Nintendo likes to lock in specific days of the week to do presentations and then runs with it for months following.
Eh, I'm just sticking with the ballpark of "before the end of September" until further notice. If it's next week, neat, but who knows at this point.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

No, he was hinting at Geno coming into Smash.

If he just wanted Bowser's Castle to be in Smash, he would have limited his posting to just the LITERAL post he made talking about Bowser's Castle being in Smash in some way or form.

He would never have bothered to put in all those gifs and reference SMRPG and Kirby crashing into that video game world AND teasing that it would be the opening of a Smash reveal if he just wanted to talk about Bowser's Castle as a stage in Ultimate.

Get your goddamn pessimistic head out of the ****ing gutter. Allow yourself to be excited and stop making up stupid excuses to curb your own excitement and attempt to do that for others. We will dine with the greats very soon, regardless of whether or not you are on that boat or watch us sail away on the amazing Smash Tour.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman

Ryce is a regular of the ERA Smash thread and is part of the active speculation. He has had insider info on games in the past, but he has never made any mention of ever knowing anything about Smash Ultimate's DLC. I view his post here as just a bit of wishful posting.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
No, he was hinting at Geno coming into Smash.

If he just wanted Bowser's Castle to be in Smash, he would have limited his posting to just the LITERAL post he made talking about Bowser's Castle being in Smash in some way or form.

He would never have bothered to put in all those gifs and reference SMRPG and Kirby crashing into that video game world AND teasing that it would be the opening of a Smash reveal if he just wanted to talk about Bowser's Castle as a stage in Ultimate.

Get your goddamn pessimistic head out of the ****ing gutter. Allow yourself to be excited and stop making up stupid excuses to curb your own excitement and attempt to do that for others. We will dine with the greats very soon, regardless of whether or not you are on that boat or watch us sail away on the amazing Smash Tour.
I mean, I am still on the train that "He is happening". I was just pointing out what exactly he said.

Believe you me, and I think I speak for a good number of people, I am certain Geno is coming as a fighter. Whether he is fighter 7 or later, is another question.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Is Mario Kart Live the rumoured racing game?
It might be actually. It explains all the weirdness surrounding the "racing game" rumors. It is still a technically a Switch Game, as well as Mario Kart, but it's an AR thing.
Mario_Kart_Live_Home_Circuit_–_Official_Site.png

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , I have to ask, do you have any knowledge of anything we don’t that actually points to Geno coming soon? Like, did anything in the Mario direct line up with other stuff you’ve heard or nah?
I've talked about it extensively and Polarthief Polarthief has documented most of the talking points in "the List ™." As for today's Direct:

-The 3D Mario Remasters were real. I first heard about them last fall.

-The racing game rumor from last November about a game that may or may not have been Mario Kart 9 was true. Here's where I talk about it here:

So, this all said, there were a couple of prominent Mario announcements that were notably missing and leave it at that. Obviously, Geno's one of them but there's potentially up to 4 Mario related announcements they held off on (despite most if not all supposed to still be on for 2020) and that's a big, BIG eyebrow raiser.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I've talked about it extensively and Polarthief Polarthief has documented most of the talking points in "the List ™." As for today's Direct:

-The racing game rumor from last November about a game that may or may not have been Mario Kart 9 was true. Here's where I talk about it here:

So, this all said, there were a couple of prominent Mario announcements that were notably missing and leave it at that. Obviously, Geno's one of them but there's potentially up to 4 Mario related announcements they held off on (despite most if not all supposed to still be on for 2020) and that's a big, BIG eyebrow raiser.
Given September is the month of Mario, chances are the rest of the announcements are going to be revealed over the course of the month

pinshadow

Smash Lord

Really, what else is there even? 3D World is here complete with a lot of extra content, the Collection is here, we got an explanation of whatever the hell the racing game rumors were, Super Mario Allstars is on Switch Online, that's basically every Mario rumor in the wild right now right? Unless your talking spinoffs like Wario Land or DKC but Nintendo seems to be really wanting to push them (or atleast the latter) as their own thing lately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom