• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I wouldn't go into tomorrow expecting anything but the Mario Collection at most, something feels really off sure but I'd rather just stick to one thing at a time. (Ok the reasonable thing to expect tomorrow is nothing, but do you KNOW what thread you are in right now?)

Supirorguy

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't go into tomorrow expecting anything but the Mario Collection at most, something feels really off sure but I'd rather just stick to one thing at a time. (Ok the reasonable thing to expect tomorrow is nothing, but do you KNOW what thread you are in right now?)
The reasonable thing is to expect the 3D Mario Collection, suffering a slightly delayed reveal that was meant to be Tuesday (as Pikmin 3 Deluxe) and a Smash spirit event focusing on spirits from 64 - Sunshine - Galaxy... Nothing more.

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
OOOH! That Ryce! Ha! Now, I remember... He was the guy that playtested Inceniroar and Plant in August 2018 and everyone thought he was full of **** because of how weird his description of their moves were.
Wait, are you referring to Ryce being behind that Reddit leak? Or was he apart of another leak? Sorry, just need a bit of clarification. I remember Ryce from my days lurking over the Banjo thread as some kind of potential insider, but don’t remember what exactly he did.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I don't think Nintendo would just drop a direct based only on the Mario Remasters rumored for so long. They're not like the Pokemon company who would spend time on a crappy mobile game, they would want to get more than just one product out especially with Mario's major anniversary in 10 days from tomorrow.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
The reasonable thing is to expect the 3D Mario Collection, suffering a slightly delayed reveal that was meant to be Tuesday (as Pikmin 3 Deluxe) and a Smash spirit event focusing on spirits from 64 - Sunshine - Galaxy... Nothing more.
Pikmin 3 was revealed on a Wednesday though. The missing event being related to Mario's 35th is an idea I've been thinking about, but at the same time wouldn't they save that for the actual anniversary next week? Or for when the Collection actually releases? Feels weird.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
The Nintendo UK account made a tweet today, though I've no idea if them tweeting anything or nothing at all means anything compared to the other Nintendo accounts, who still haven't tweeted anything yet.
I know I'm certainly shedding tears about Paper Mario. Probably not for the reasons Nintendo intended though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wait, are you referring to Ryce being behind that Reddit leak? Or was he apart of another leak? Sorry, just need a bit of clarification. I remember Ryce from my days lurking over the Banjo thread as some kind of potential insider, but don’t remember what exactly he did.
Somehow he was connected to it. Either he knew the playtester or was simply able to back them up. Like my post earlier showed, that connection does exist but I don't remember the specifics. I just know that "someone" perfectly describing Plant and Incineroar in August 2018 and most people dismissed them because people thought things like Inceniroar spawning a wrestling turnbuckle was too weird. I remember this post as well that got people talking about it too in hindsight:

729.png

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Yeah, at 6'6 (that's about 200 cm for you non Amerilards in audience), I'm a pretty big piece of ****.
That's why people don't believe your posts. They think you are saying nothing but......tall tales!

Hahaha ha ha ha.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ..ha. .......ha.......h......a....

...........ahhhhhhh.

I'll go punch myself in the face now, save you a trip.

QQS

Smash Lord
View attachment 284281
Before we go all BlockedContent and freaking out that he's in, just realize that Ryce was speculating what a cool stage would be for Geno if he ever got in. I guarantee you "leak" channels won't include this vital detail.
C231F1D2-154F-43AC-9242-ADF02C9D2F52.png

Totally agree! This is a good choice in many aspects:

-The Stage that will come with Geno that Represents the complete game very well, more than Forest Maze.
-It can also be considered as a proper stage with a Bowser’s Castle
-Another Mario stage which is always good
-That stage with at least Armed Boss and Forest Maze remixes. Probably even more due to Yoko has already work in Smash since Brawl
-Cameos in there like the ones in Spiral Mountain which is very good to represent the game even more!

If not this, probably Forest Maze or even a World Stage of SMRPG rotating the arenas. But I’m good with whatever they choose as long as we get Full Fighter Geno :)

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Just wanna reclarify that I'm fairly certain Ryce hinted at Piranha Plant (don't quote me on this just to be sure) before the reveal (the only one who did) and claimed Verge knew jack about the DLC which was not really right but kind of too since at the final stretch he was kind of piggybacking like when the SNK leak happened he posted a link to a gif of Terry on GFaqs who was the obvious choice. If this is a hint (which... Er.... I dunno) then that's what should be kept in mind.

Only 5 leaks were actually true which claimed Piranha Plant. There was one on 4chan which said he would function like BowJr which was kind of right with the pot. Another was the NOA testee guy on reddit who I think you are all confusing him for as he was the guy who worked on the game and detailed pretty much everything about Incineroar and Plant and a Day one patch. Then there was IAmShifty who did it in a YouTube video but assumed it was Peter Piranha due to thinking a generic plant was too outlandish and there was the Facebook post done by BrewElfen. Then obviously there was Ryce who.is a consistent leaker as all the others were either done by fodder accounts or on anonymous sites or have gone silent after getting stuff wrong or just stopped leaking at least for now.

That means it not being from the guy who everyone thinks it's from, NOATestee means it can't automatically be palmed off as fake as he wouldn't return to leaking as he is basically the equivalent to the ESRB Leaker from Smash 4. I don't think it means anything but until Ryce says something fun discussion. Just don't expect anything because of it.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Goddamnit...I really want to lower my expectations but its been a dry spell of Nintendo news for a while now and I really do expect something this month. I really just want this long ride news drought to end and move on to the next long ride of speculation. Hoping this Ryce guy is credible and maybe we'll get that Mario 3D collection announcement tomorrow.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
With Min Min I'm fairly sure we had to wait 3 days when the norm was 1 or 2. If we get anything tomorrow it's a mini or an announcement of a Sakurai Showcase. Partner Showcases are gonna happen and still take the role of regular directs somewhat but those would probably happen later in the month like the last 2 have

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
No reveal was ever planned for Tuesday... at all.
If anything? They pushed the reveal of the collection from August 28th, to tomorrow.
Also this week was meant to be a tourney week, not a spirit event week.

If they are shadow dropping anything tomorrow. What time should we expect it to be?
10:00AM EST.

They could announce a Sakurai Presents that will happen a few days from now, like Byleth's. That's technically a shadow dropped Smash news.
I wouldn't expect anything Smash unless a direct is announced tomorrow, which... is possible

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Just like how you absolutely expected a Geno Deluxe Mii to show up alongside Max Brass, right? And how did those expectations go for you?

PestilenceSSB

Smash Cadet
I would find it hilarious if Nintendo pulls the ultimate (heh) bamboozle and shadowdrops a General Direct. Now I don’t expect that at all, but I’d argue that anything way out of left field can be considered “a Nintendo thing to do”. Just don't take this post too seriously...

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
No reveal was ever planned for Tuesday... at all.
If anything? They pushed the reveal of the collection from August 28th, to tomorrow.
Also this week was meant to be a tourney week, not a spirit event week.

10:00AM EST.

I wouldn't expect anything Smash unless a direct is announced tomorrow, which... is possible
So 4pm for me. Sweet

MattX20

Smash Hero
The fact Zell's last post before retiring said 3 possibly implying a date and the fact there were no spirit events or tournaments announced is still hard to ignore. The latter is especially important as it was noted earlier that the only times this happened is when a character reveal was imminent

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 58, Guests: 83)

I see we're back to the "everybody is watching the Geno thread" stage. Considering just earlier this week I was in here and was the only person watching this thread period at that specific moment, we're back to slowly building up hype again, and I hope we get something tomorrow, even if it's just an announcement for a Direct on Friday maybe

a random user

Smash Journeyman
given how the geno thread contains most of the smash discussion do you think people will move to other boards, or just leave the site when geno gets in?

PestilenceSSB

Smash Cadet
given how the geno thread contains most of the smash discussion do you think people will move to other boards, or just leave the site when geno gets in?
The K. Rool thread was kept in the same place after his reveal and is still active to this day (albeit less frequently). So I'd be surprised if the Geno thread went anywhere, especially when taking his fanbase's insane amount of dedication into consideration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 58, Guests: 83)

I see we're back to the "everybody is watching the Geno thread" stage. Considering just earlier this week I was in here and was the only person watching this thread period at that specific moment, we're back to slowly building up hype again, and I hope we get something tomorrow, even if it's just an announcement for a Direct on Friday maybe
The same happened at the time of Cacomallow... when was that, 10 months ago? Already?

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I play Smash Bros quite a bit and will move over to the Geno fighter discussion forum on here to grind and git gud with him. I don't quite understand the "move on to support another character or leave the site" mentality. Geno is all I've ever asked for and I intend on sticking around and using him when he finally gets added

Griselda

Smash Lord
If Geno gets in, do you think everyone should change the Geno hats in their profile pictures to crowns? ..Or golden Geno hats? Or maybe a Geno hat-crown hybrid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom