• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So far, we've yet to get an announcement in advance today. If we get no announcements today, and tomorrow is really it for Fighter 7, then this could possibly be a shadow-drop, the second shadow-dropped character since Joker.
See, that's what so weird about this, they aren't just going to shadowdrop a Smash character out of nowhere and especially not a shadowdropped release, they seem to be avoiding that since Byleth. So maybe the event being missing this week is a fluke... buuuuut then you take into account that multiple people are saying the Mario Collection is getting revealed tommorrow and the weird radio silence from all the social media accounts in the middle of the week and it starts feeling really weird again. I hope we can get some kind of clue or announcement tonight but I have a feeling we're just going to have to brace for impact tomorrow and see what, if anything, happens.

Last edited:

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Maybe we get a shadowdropped Direct (Mini?) tomorrow, including the reveal of the Mario Collection + the announcement of a proper Sakurai Presents video which still be streamed on Friday.

Reactions: QQS

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Not really? Just a normal hiring meeting. The actual interesting meeting is being held in a few weeks on September 16th. We have no idea what it is other than it's a "special briefing session" and it's not related to products and services. It isn't a normal yearly meeting and if it's not related to any products and services it's likely related to some kind of restructuring. A new acquisition, studio changes, managment shake-ups, who knows.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Not really? Just a normal hiring meeting. The actual interesting meeting is being held in a few weeks on September 16th. We have no idea what it is other than it's a "special briefing session" and it's not related to products and services. It isn't a normal yearly meeting and if it's not related to any products and services it's likely related to some kind of restructuring. A new acquisition, studio changes, managment shake-ups, who knows.
Hopefully its nothing big in the wrong direction

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's wrong with the star road?
They got some nazi moderators that when you pour your heart and soul out in #vent and talk about how you feel like you are not normal and will always be a reject, they give you a warning and threaten that they could kick you. In other words affirming your feeling of rejection.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
They got some nazi moderators that when you pour your heart and soul out in #vent and talk about how you feel like you are not normal and will always be a reject, they give you a warning and threaten that they could kick you. In other words affirming your feeling of rejection.
Looking at what I can glean from the situation, it seemed more a case of something you posted not quite being kosher, even if it was only meant to be self depricating, your agreement with it has poor implications for others in the channel going through similar issues. I wouldn't call it nazi moderating so much as looking out for the best interests of the people in the channel, something you may have misconstrued as an attack on you in particular. For what it's worth, I think it was poorly explained, but certainly nothing worth getting up in arms over. The issue in question, to be succinct, isn't your venting, but the manner in which you were venting being potentially damaging to others. I dunno, you deleted your posts, so I can't make a full assessment. If you still want to make another geno server, by all means, do it, but do it cuz you want to build an awesome community, and not because you want to be spiteful at another discord, you know?

Plank08

Smash Lord
So because you posted a link to an article saying that people with no relationship are genetically inferior to everyone else, and the mods warned you, they’re nazis?

ok sure

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So because you posted a link to an article saying that people with no relationship are inferior to everyone else, and the mods warned you, they’re nazis?

ok sure
You are a liar.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Heyyyyyy how about we don't bring/start unrelated drama in the thread and instead just discuss it in DM's or back on Discord, ok?

Okay so this is making the rounds on the PapaGenos discord, is Ryce someone credible or should we not pay it any attention? I can't keep up with who's credible and who isn't nowadays
Pretty sure this is just some random guy posting a trailer idea...

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate Feel free to PM me or talk to me on Discord about this stuff. We've technically known each other for 14 years and, with things being so close to the finish line, don't have this be what you're remembered by. You're a big reason the Geno fanbase is honestly still around so let's take this out of the thread and settle it elsewhere.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Ryce hinted at Plant and said Verge didn't know anything about DLC. But that's all I remember. Verge definitely knew some stuff about DLC so they should take half an L for that one and the Plant hint was subtle and a long time ago. Obviously there is also a chance that he is just asking. I wouldn't take this as too large a bit unless he outright states his intentions and elaborates

HanSoloIndie

Smash Cadet
As we are all waiting...Smash speculation right now (I figured I do would this in 30 minutes for grins and giggles):

Santa Smahs.JPG

(Later: Waluigi: Hey, where's Sakurai?!?!)
(Geno: Umm..maybe he's running a little late?)

Maybe this will become a self-fulling thing by the end of this week/next week if we're lucky.😏

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Ryce hinted at Plant and said Verge didn't know anything about DLC. But that's all I remember. Verge definitely knew some stuff about DLC so they should take half an L for that one and the Plant hint was subtle and a long time ago. Obviously there is also a chance that he is just asking. I wouldn't take this as too large a bit unless he outright states his intentions and elaborates
I think it's pretty blatantly obvious at this point insiders are avoiding Smash like the plague since the infamous 5-debacle and especially I don't see them teasing a character like Geno.

Last edited:

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
More than 24 hours past the usual weekly announcement time, and still nothing, huh? Very interesting... Proves the "it's taking an extra day cause of the paper Mario" event wrong, even though that didn't matter anyway. Regardless, this is still pretty interesting, since this doesn't usually happen without a reason... Hopefully we'll have some good news within the next day or two about our boy.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman

pinshadow

Smash Lord
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77233375?page=3

The guy is a reported insider.
Also if you look back at the thread, he said nothing before this post.
God, this entire week just keeps getting weirder.

OOOH! That Ryce! Ha! Now, I remember... He was the guy that playtested Inceniroar and Plant in August 2018 and everyone thought he was full of **** because of how weird his description of their moves were.
Any source on that?

Now even Andre seems to be teasing stuff. The Twitter silence, the lack of event announcements, the looming presence of the Mario Collection supposedly being announced tomorrow, something has to give.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

Any source on that?

Now even Andre seems to be teasing stuff. The Twitter silence, the lack of event announcements, the looming presence of the Mario Collection supposedly being announced tomorrow, something has to give.
You do know that he likes to **** posting?

MattX20

Smash Hero
If you go down deeper in that page Ryce mentioned before that Bowser’s Keep would be an excellent stage. It seems like an idea of a trailer than a hint to me.
With how vague insiders have to be regarding stuff they hear, it can come off that way as demonstrated with some previous reveals. Still, the fact he got Plant and Incineroar right is at least something, the former is one no one ever predicted at the time

pinshadow

Smash Lord
You do know that he likes to **** posting?
I don't know man, making a weirdly cryptic Mario related tweet the night before people are anticipating the reveal of the Mario Collection (even Gamexplain themselves seem to expect it) feels like a little bit more than casual ****posting.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I don't know man, making a weirdly cryptic Mario related tweet the night before people are anticipating a major Mario reveal tomorrow (even Gamexplain themselves seem to expect it) feels like a little bit more than casual ****posting.
He said that we were getting news soon a couple of months ago. So my bet is on ****posting

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
pinshadow pinshadow

Here's me talking about him back in 2018:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Okay so this is making the rounds on the PapaGenos discord, is Ryce someone credible or should we not pay it any attention? I can't keep up with who's credible and who isn't nowadays
OOOH! That Ryce! Ha! Now, I remember... He was the guy that playtested Inceniroar and Plant in August 2018 and everyone thought he was full of **** because of how weird his description of their moves were.
Ooh, spicy!~
Hopefully it means something.
TMGeno040.png

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
pinshadow pinshadow

Here's me talking about him back in 2018:

off topic, but hoo boy did those sabi sentiments age poorly. :4pacman:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Yeah, Ryce is a name I haven't heard in almost two years, it feels like. I'm not sure I even remember what I heard from them at the time or what people were saying about them in general discussion threads, but it seemed like he was made out to be someone important when it comes to this stuff. As for the post in question I'm not sure what to make of it.

This might be a good time to add it to the pile of things that could potentially be in Geno's favor, I dunno lol

MattX20

Smash Hero
I've kept my eyes on the Japanese Smash Bros Twitter account just on the off chance that they wanted to do a late update, and there has been nothing. Last new information was for the Origami King spirit event. I think the implication of something happening soon is apparent

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

Any source on that?

Reminder that GX, Jeff grubb, and someone else I can't remember… all of them teased the hell out of Geno last time … and it backfired them, and you all saw how they backpedalled in a lame, weak way lol. The timming of all of them doing it that time was so obviously sus that there was no damage control they could hope to make people think they were somehow in sync to prank, also no one should be dumb enough to tease geno like that in sync knowing how the geno fandom would be at them when they get nothing haha… Just be careful with GX teasing stuff, is all I'm saying :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom