• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Now @PushDustIn made a huge discover, the 7/11 add don't have Min Min. What If they aren't adding she Rn because they are waiting until the next reveal? https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1299544656225529856?s=20
So if these ads get replaced every two weeks, that would imply something by the 15th. Sounds fun but best not to put all our eggs into one basket. If true though, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a rerun of Min Min where it's announced on the Thursday/Friday and revealed on the Monday next week of course since it seems like the perfect middle ground. I'm not too certain on the two week part though so correct me if I'm wrong

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Guys I want to know what you think about this: https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/522773256
I know it's 4chan but back in February 15th a guy said this in a French board, we find that an ARMS Rep was happening in March 26th
-Min Min, Phoenix Wright, 2B and a Level 5 Rep are coming
-Geno, Sora, Gordon Freeman, EdgeWorth, Vault Boy, Ninjara, Dante and Heihachi are Miis
Idk, I just want your opinions

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Guys I want to know what you think about this: https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/522773256
I know it's 4chan but back in February 15th a guy said this in a French board, we find that an ARMS Rep was happening in March 26th
-Geno, Sora, Gordon Freeman, EdgeWorth, Vault Boy, Ninjara, Dante and Heihachi are Miis
Geno Mii again? I'd laugh in pure misery TBH

D

Deleted member

Most likely lucky guesses. Like I said before, there is no way some rando would know multiple characters at a time like that except Nintendo and Sakurai.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
IMO it's a monkeys on a typewriter situation. Eventually a 4chan text leak is gonna get stuff right.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
It's fake, stop bringing up this type of ****, the post doesn't exist and never did existed.
Sora isn't getting a costume, neither is Geno, or Gordon Freemen.
2B isn't happening either, and if we do get a Capcom rep, it'll be Dante.

I do sometimes wonder why people send pointless 4chan bull**** in here.
Stop trying to find ""leaks"" so your mind can beat yourself up, be happy, be excited, our time is coming.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Guys. 4chan is just the messager

The actual leak comes from the French board. We need to investigate to see if that French Post existed. If it did, then that might not be so good. this should be interesting

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
It's fake, stop bringing up this type of ****, the post doesn't exist and never did existed.
Sora isn't getting a costume, neither is Geno, or Gordon Freemen.
2B isn't happening either, and if we do get a Capcom rep, it'll be Dante.

I do sometimes wonder why people send pointless 4chan bull**** in here.
Stop trying to find ""leaks"" so your mind can beat yourself up, be happy, be excited, our time is coming.
I mean, we got a costume for Vault Boy, so I would not disqualify the chances of a Freeman costume

Last edited:

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman

The actual leak comes from the French board. We need to investigate to see if that French Post existed. If it did, then that might not be so good. this should be interesting
I just proved the post never existed, it's a edited image.
Also 2B was already confirmed to be getting a costume from Mii Costume Guy.

Also him saying "Level-5" rep... that isn't how information works.
You dont hear a company is getting a rep and no other details, you hear the fighter, and the company.

Don't worry about this, I can easily edit a DM in discord and make it say it was from March 1st, telling me Min Min, BOTW2 Zelda, and Porky was going to be in and pass it off as a leak.

Dismiss this.

D

Deleted member

I don’t think it’s really worth the time and effort. This is a another random post from some journalism website. The equivalent of a made up rando GameFaqs, ResetERA, etc post. As Para’s post mentioned, there is no proof that this is real.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
That would literally be the worst possible pass, so it could be true.

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
If there was evidence of such a post existing, I would have difficulty believing he got lucky with Min Min, Ninjara and Vault Boy, but there is not. It's a fabrication.

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
I wouldn´t call Pheonix Wright a bad choice.
You know how it works, right ?

• Potential Fighter Pass could have great characters such as Phoenix Wright and 2B...
  • Sora and Geno are mii costumes...

"THIS IS LITERALLY THE WORST PASS EVER ! I'M NOY BUYING IT !"

The number one rule : No matter if the characters are icons and are from huge series, if your favorite isn't part of the pass, it's the worst thing ever. Geno is currently one of my most wanted but if we end up getting 2B as the SE rep, then I wouldn't mind at all not only because I'd like her as well but also because she's from a extremely popular game and she would make a lot of money, probably the most money out of any SE characters. Just don't censor her please...

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Imagine thinking Sora would be negotiated for a mii lol, not worth the investment nor effort that would pay off so little by the price of a mii. That's just never happening. They are better off including someone else as a mii entirely, not wasting money in such a bad investment like that. Sora is either in as a fighter or not at all, simple as that. You don't need anyone to tell you how fake this is, it's common sense.

Also PW and 2B always in these fake leaks, get creative already ffs. This is worse of a fake than some I have seen in 4chan lol

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Imagine thinking Sora would be negotiated for a mii lol, not worth the investment nor effort that would pay off so little by the price of a mii. That's just never happening. They are better off including someone else as a mii entirely, not wasting money in such a bad investment like that. Sora is either in as a fighter or not at all, simple as that. You don't need anyone to tell you how fake this is, it's common sense.

Also PW and 2B always in these fake leaks, get creative already ffs. This is worse of a fake than some I have seen in 4chan lol
Yep, it's tiring seeing these fake leaks repeat themselves

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace

• Potential Fighter Pass could have great characters such as Phoenix Wright and 2B...

The number one rule : No matter if the characters are icons and are from huge series, if your favorite isn't part of the pass, it's the worst thing ever. Geno is currently one of my most wanted but if we end up getting 2B as the SE rep, then I wouldn't mind at all not only because I'd like her as well but also because she's from a extremely popular game and she would make a lot of money, probably the most money out of any SE characters. Just don't censor her please...
I’ve already bought the pass, but yes to me, that would be the worst pass as I have zero interest in any of those characters. It’s not because my favorites aren’t apart of it. The only character from pass 1 that I wanted was Banjo, but I could at least appreciate Hero and Terry as being iconic characters from iconic series. I wouldn’t put 2B and Phoenix Wright on their level.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

Yea, if they were going to do all that effort and work with Disney just to get a Mii costume, then they might as well go the extra steps and just add a damn character. If Sora was coming, then its as a playable character. I feel a Mii costume would be a massive waste of the licensing.......unless that's the best they got either because of Nintendo or Disney (legal and licensing can easily devolve into a massive mess, even if the parties are being friendly to each other).

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

I was just playing devil's advocate, playing with the scenario that Pheonix got in, and not Dante. And besides, even if PW would get in over Dante (which I do feel is a possibility if Capcom truly gets another character), does not mean that everything else on it is real. There are countless leaks that have false information sprinkled in with the real information.

And quite frankly, the only thing I do believe in this that could potentially be real is the possibility of PW over Dante and a Freeman costume.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Ok, I admit my error bringing it to the table, sorry. As Nazyrus Nazyrus said it would be way too weird to Nintendo to negotiate KH content and not make Sora a Fighter, also shout outs for AceAttorney9000 AceAttorney9000 for let us that was erased by a mod and finally for Paraspikey Paraspikey for make me remember that everybody can make a fake leak like the Artzy Omni Rayman photo and also remind that Mii Costume guy said that 2B will be a Mii, I think that is better just stop talking about this

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Well that was fun while it lasted... for about 20-30 minutes

Geno is Safe though, so that's good
To play devils advocate, can't someone just check the internet archives and see if the post that existed at the time was actually that same post? We're only assuming that the post was faked and never existed since it was deleted but it could've very well been real. If it's true that they got vaultboy and min min correct we shouldn't write it off as if it isn't something that actually happened.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I was just playing devil's advocate, playing with the scenario that Pheonix got in, and not Dante. And besides, even if PW would get in over Dante (which I do feel is a possibility if Capcom truly gets another character), does not mean that everything else on it is real. There are countless leaks that have false information sprinkled in with the real information.

And quite frankly, the only thing I do believe in this that could potentially be real is the possibility of PW over Dante and a Freeman costume.
I expect SOMETHING in Smash to represent the Ace Attorney. The series practically lives on Nintendo, so I would be shocked if they didn't act least get a spirit event.
I think Phoenix Wright becoming playable is much more likely than people give him credit for, to the point that I'm starting to consider him a dark horse due to how much people (at least here on Smashboards) just dismiss him in favor of Dante (who does admittedly have the advantage of Devil May Cry V being recent and successful, but he still lacks the longevity, Nintendo connection, and consistent game releases that Wright has).

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

Sora is far too much of an A-lister to get Mii Costume'd considering who they would have to go through to get him. He's either a fighter or nothing at all

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Imagine Sakurai risking life and limb navigating the minefield that is the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse just to come out with a mii costume.
It's as simple as the fact that a mii costume, even if sold to the whole smash playerbase, it wouldn't amount even half of the profit they would need to make back to see a gain at all after investing on getting him lol. It's just impossible, and probably the biggest red flag on that "leak" lol

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Gameexplain just uploaded a 42 minute video about their hopes for these Mario remaster games.

This is turning into a disturbing obsession at this point. This is their 3rd or 4th video about something that doesn't officially exist.
They even gave it a goddamn custom intro. It's almost like the rumor that's been supported by virtually every credible/noteworthy journalist and news outlet for 5 months straight might actually be legitimate.

I still think we're going to get a presentation that's ultimately worth it by mid September but I'm trying to figure out what possessed Nintendo to believe delaying the E3 presentation 3 months would be a good idea. Yes, they're swimming in money but I'm getting flashbacks of the Wii when they were also swimming in money but kept doing things that pissed off the core fanbase to where support more or less imploded for the Wii U. Morale's in the toilet and the green eyed monster is alive and well given Nintendo's announcements for the summer have been weird piece bits while Sony and Microsoft have done a lot more. Like I said, I still think the wait will be worth it but I kind of feel like Nintendo's playing its cards way too close to its hands given people's patience was already wafer thin back in April.
But WHY though? Basically everyone threw in the towel after the partner presentation made them all look like clowns and they shifted towards the Collection getting announced in the first few weeks of September, almost certainly through a Twitter drop. Because Smash DLC is probably coming out next month? Ok, Sakurai Presentation. Face it, Nintendo HAS no big Holiday surprise not named Mario 3D AllStars. Think about this, Nintendo has outright CONFIRMED multiple Partner Directs for the rest of the year. Nintendo, who has seemingly had no gameplan since March, has solid plans for MULTIPLE third party presentations for the rest of this year. I'm telling you, this is how 2020 is going to go, we are waiting until atleast November for a real direct.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
They even gave it a goddamn custom intro. It's almost like the rumor that's been supported by virtually every credible/noteworthy journalist and news outlet for 5 months straight might actually be legitimate.

But WHY though? Basically everyone threw in the towel after the partner presentation made them all look like clowns and they shifted towards the Collection getting announced in the first few weeks of September, almost certainly through a Twitter drop. Because Smash DLC is probably coming out next month? Ok, Sakurai Presentation. Face it, Nintendo HAS no big Holiday surprise not named Mario 3D AllStars. Think about this, Nintendo has outright CONFIRMED multiple Partner Directs for the rest of the year. Nintendo, who has seemingly had no gameplan since March, has solid plans for MULTIPLE third party presentations for the rest of this year. I'm telling you, this is how 2020 is going to go, we are waiting until atleast November for a real direct.
Yeah... I'm starting to feelthat too

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
I expect SOMETHING in Smash to represent the Ace Attorney. The series practically lives on Nintendo, so I would be shocked if they didn't act least get a spirit event.
Same! Ace Attorney has such a deep, almost 20 years long connection with Nintendo (every single entry debuted on a Nintendo console) and there is still not a single representation in Smash (same with Professor Layton)? It feels really weird, even comparable, but much smaller franchises like Another Code / Trace Memories have spirits in Smash, yet no Ace Attorney?

I think Phoenix Wright would be an amazing rep who would be fun to play, represent a genre not present in Smash yet, bring a lot of banger music and I also think he is much more likely than people think.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Even if that “leak” post was real and not faked by the 4chan dude, I don’t think there’s anything to worry about. Bethesda was in talks with Nintendo, pre-Ultimate’s release there was another fake leak including Vault Boy as a fighter, 2B and Phoenix Wright have been in multiple fake leaks and are popular (especially Phoenix), Smash 4 returning costumes are very easy to guess, Min Min is among the most-popular ARMS characters, the leak claims Sora of all characters to be a Mii; there’s really nothing indicating it’s real.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
That would literally be the worst possible pass, so it could be true.
I guess it's up to tastes but 2B, Phoenix and a Level 5 representative doesn't sound bad at all, if anything, it sounds good to me.
I know people doesn't want another Square character because Geno, that's okay, but from a "objective" perspective, these 3 characters would be cool and interesting additions to Smash for different reasons.

• 2B: popular character, also a recent one, something that Smash needs in my opinion, modern icon, big moveset potential
  • Phoenix Wright: popular character as well, strong Nintendo ties, new genre repped in Smash, would bring a very creative and wacky moveset
  • Level 5: I'll admit I'm not an expert about them, but it wouldn't surprise me. They have been relatively close to Nintendo for years, some type of representation in Smash would be logical. I guess it would be Layton. We could say they could fill the "new company" spot for Pass 2.

Obviously this leak is fake, we already know it has been deconfirmed, but these names sound very hype and cool in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom