• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Other game companies: "COVID-19 has impacted us greatly. Expect delays."
Nintendo: radio silence couple of months later "Nah, everything is fine! Trust me, guys!" radio silence again

Other game companies: Manages to put out worthwhile announcements in Direct-style formats such as Sony's State of Play twice and Microsoft's showcase, even longer (about an hour) than any Nintendo Directs (thirty minutes at best) have been WITHOUT the pandemic.
Nintendo: radio silence

Other game companies: Openly transparent about delays, even if they impact the launch of a new console (Halo Infinite)
Nintendo: still radio silence

That last one gets me. They were transparent with Metroid Prime 4, the September direct, and Animal Crossing being delayed... why are they not transparent here?

Last edited by a moderator:

MattX20

Smash Hero

Snake: Mei Lei, is that a puppet?
Mei Ling: Not just a puppet, Snake. That's Geno, he's been sent to restore the Star Road by a higher authority.
Snake: Higher authority? Like the Secretary of Defense?
Mei Ling: Heh, not quite Snake. Geno's a spirit in the form of a toy. He uses magic to battle and also wields of variety of guns against foes.
Snake: But those are toy guns; who would use children's accessories on the battlefield?
Mei Ling: You mean like a cardboard box?
Snake: grumbles
Mei Ling: Look Snake, he might be a puppet, but Geno's projectiles do some real damage when they hit. Try to stay close & don't let him control the stage.
Snake: Got it. So what's this Geno's code name?
Mei Ling: ♡♪!?
Snake: ... Sorry I asked.
That's pretty good

Firox

Smash Master

Snake: Mei Lei, is that a puppet?
Mei Ling: Not just a puppet, Snake. That's Geno, he's been sent to restore the Star Road by a higher authority.
Snake: Higher authority? Like the Secretary of Defense?
Mei Ling: Heh, not quite Snake. Geno's a spirit in the form of a toy. He uses magic to battle and also wields of variety of guns against foes.
Snake: But those are toy guns; who would use children's accessories on the battlefield?
Mei Ling: You mean like a cardboard box?
Snake: grumbles
Mei Ling: Look Snake, he might be a puppet, but Geno's projectiles do some real damage when they hit. Try to stay close & don't let him control the stage.
Snake: Got it. So what's this Geno's code name?
Mei Ling: ♡♪!?
Snake: ... Sorry I asked.
This is magnificent. I especially love Mei Ling's dig on Snake's box.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Other game companies: "COVID-19 has impacted us greatly. Expect delays."
Nintendo: radio silence couple of months later "Nah, everything is fine! Trust me, guys!" radio silence again

Other game companies: Manages to put out worthwhile announcements in Direct-style formats such as Sony's State of Play twice and Microsoft's showcase, even longer (about an hour) than any Nintendo Directs (thirty minutes at best) have been WITHOUT the pandemic.
Nintendo: radio silence

Other game companies: Openly transparent about delays, even if they impact the launch of a new console (Halo Infinite)
Nintendo: still radio silence

That last one gets me. They were transparent with Metroid Prime 4, the September direct, and Animal Crossing being delayed... why are they not transparent here?
Being honest Nintendo's handling of the pandemic being so confusing and uncommunicative is the most Nintendo thing I can possibly think of. Think about it, Nintendo has done 95% digital events SINCE 2011. They were mocked to hell and back for E3 2013 being digital. And yet, it turns out the format REALLY works, and doesn't require you to rent out a giant theater once a year, you don't have to deal with tech issues or awkward performances since it's prerecorded, and you can hold them whenever, and for whatever game you want, you can hold a mini-E3 conference at any time of the year. Nintendo, despite consistenly being known as the slowest to adjust, was actually so far ahead of the curve here they got laughed at, and yet here we are with Sony poorly mimicking the Direct format with State of Play and skipping E3 entirely.

But of course, once the Pandemic rolls around, you'd think that the company who's the most experienced with holding digital presentations for almost a decade would be able to throw something together and adjust accordingly, buuuut nope, guess not, let's announce our partner showcase at midnight but randomly drop the next one with no warning and also just randomly throw two games on twitter over 4 months, people like that, right? Now that I think about it, Nintendo is clearly capable of holding digital presentations, because they've literally held 2 Partner Showcases and an Indie World in the last month. This poor communication isn't due to the marketing team, atleast not at this point, since they're clearly capable of advertising everyone else's games. Nintendo has just adopted this policy where apparently the best thing to do is just wait until the game is completely finished before announcing it to avoid delays, which is weird, frustrating, something no one really seems to benefit from, it's peak Nintendo decision making isn't it.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Being honest Nintendo's handling of the pandemic being so confusing and uncommunicative is the most Nintendo thing I can possibly think of. Think about it, Nintendo has done 95% digital events SINCE 2011. They were mocked to hell and back for E3 2013 being digital. And yet, it turns out the format REALLY works, and doesn't require you to rent out a giant theater once a year, you don't have to deal with tech issues or awkward performances since it's prerecorded, and you can hold them whenever, and for whatever game you want, you can hold a mini-E3 conference at any time of the year. Nintendo, despite consistenly being known as the slowest to adjust, was actually so far ahead of the curve here they got laughed at, and yet here we are with Sony poorly mimicking the Direct format with State of Play and skipping E3 entirely.

But of course, once the Pandemic rolls around, you'd think that the company who's the most experienced with holding digital presentations for almost a decade would be able to throw something together and adjust accordingly, buuuut nope, guess not, let's announce our partner showcase at midnight but randomly drop the next one with no warning and also just randomly throw two games on twitter over 4 months, people like that, right? Now that I think about it, Nintendo is clearly capable of holding digital presentations, because they've literally held 2 Partner Showcases and an Indie World in the last month. This poor communication isn't due to the marketing team, atleast not at this point, since they're clearly capable of advertising everyone else's games. Nintendo has just adopted this policy where apparently the best thing to do is just wait until the game is completely finished before announcing it to avoid delays, which is weird, frustrating, something no one really seems to benefit from, it's peak Nintendo decision making isn't it.
It's been very frustrating to say the least

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Its a baffling contradictory mindset: they are so terrified at having a delay and disappointing some people that they rather hold everything back and be silent which is just disappointing everyone.
w5k10xt9g6b41.jpg

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

The Nintendo 2020 mission statement right here

EDIT: some rando is dumping Geno fakes on 4chan. Felt like sharing.
1598651465489.jpg

1598651339407.jpg

1598651270893.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
View attachment 283694
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

View attachment 283698

View attachment 283696

View attachment 283695
Ok, that second one, that's Legacy XP, the first one... THAT'S MINE. HOW DARE THEY!?
(I didn't make the render, just the image composite)

This was posted on 4chan. I tried searching for the image But it doesn’t pop up. We haven’t seen any character leaks pop up in ages so someone decomfirm this.
I can tell you just from an artistic standpoint that it's fake. lots of rookie mistakes in that drawing.

Attachments

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
The way things are going, even 4Chan megafakes are like the electrolyte-refueling refreshment of a Powerade Zero... a blue one. Blue like Geno. All Nintendo has to do is drop some actual news and we'd be having very different conversations, but... fakes are better than nothing, if you ask me.

"Gives me stuff to talk about with my friends like "HEY, I think that rat's gettin big"

MisterMike

Smash Champion
View attachment 283694
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

View attachment 283698

View attachment 283696

View attachment 283695
The first and third images look nice, but the second one look awkward as ****. If you were trying to pass this off as real, why the hell would you make Geno a manlet? I mean sure, his host body is a small doll, but once he possesses it it grows to around Mario's height. Shame, really, 'cos this actually didn't look too bad.

I’m dying to see Geno in CGI.
What are you talking about? He's already in CGI.
Genosmrpg.png

:ultpacman:

MattX20

Smash Hero
The first and third images look nice, but the second one look awkward as ****. If you were trying to pass this off as real, why the hell would you make Geno a manlet? I mean sure, his host body is a small doll, but once he possesses it it grows to around Mario's height. Shame, really, 'cos this actually didn't look too bad.

What are you talking about? He's already in CGI.
View attachment 283724
:ultpacman:
I imagine Geno's proportions would be akin to that Smashified render that was done a while ago

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Like I said, they were all super fake. I think the banner one looks like the Grinch leak but that was so small and blurry who really knows

Trevenant

Smash Lord
It's basically saying that even 4Chan is kinda saying Geno is basically all but inevitable when more and more of these pop up
That's not how it should be viewed at all especially when it comes to /v lol. It's just someone posting them because they are trying to see the new colourful insults v come up with and some of them are honestly pretty funny which is kind of why I frequent these leaks although now Attorney Online is quite a fun place to be. It's pretty much 4chan but Ace Attorney themed.

Don't let that get anyone down on Geno as it's more funny than anything. 4chan has a bad habit of being trolls on outcomes which are overrated anyway. Which may as well be in Genos favour lol.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
That's not how it should be viewed at all especially when it comes to /v lol. It's just someone posting them because they are trying to see the new colourful insults v come up with and some of them are honestly pretty funny which is kind of why I frequent these leaks although now Attorney Online is quite a fun place to be. It's pretty much 4chan but Ace Attorney themed.

Don't let that get anyone down on Geno as it's more funny than anything. 4chan has a bad habit of being trolls on outcomes which are overrated anyway. Which may as.well.be in Genos favour lol.
That is also true

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
okay so it’s established that 2 of the images are fake but where’s this one from. The render looks really good
Not to dismiss fan art, especially because mine would be 100x worse, but it doesn’t look that good to a point where I don’t think anyone that does Geno art wouldn’t be able to do. I’m not saying I know where it’s from or who did it, but anyone that does Geno art could say they did it and I’d believe it. shrug

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
okay so it’s established that 2 of the images are fake but where’s this one from. The render looks really good
Not to **** on another artist, because we're all trying our best out here, that's not the caliber of quality you'd see in a game as high profile as smash. You can tell just from the posing and silhouette (not to mention geno's hand looks misshapen) The blurriness of the picture does a lot to trick the brain into thinking it's better than it actually is, that's why so many fake leaks are blurry, or pictures of computer screens. When you can't focus too hard on the detail, you don't really notice the cracks. I'll use my fake leak as an example, You can see in the one that isn't a picture of a screen that the longer you look, the more stuff seems off, the image is very chunky and crusty in places it really shouldn't be. compared with a cropped, blurry screen picture, it looks a lot more fake, no?
Also, it's much easier to tell that the background is just a picture I pulled off of google images.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Side By Side Comparison:
F4AE4061-0F34-4627-8BA9-4FA773654EDE.jpeg

E2BD7179-A2A9-4762-8D43-73FACD25BB68.jpeg

Putting the render aside, after inspecting it, Yoshi was definitely shifted to the left so Geno could fit in, and although you can’t see his face, Bowser was also moved to the left. Still, why just post a cropped picture of only Geno instead of the whole mural?
I personally think it’s fake, though I will say at least the person actually put effort into it; whether the render was stolen or made from scratch, it actually looks pretty cool.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Side By Side Comparison:
View attachment 283740
View attachment 283741
Putting the render aside, after inspecting it, Yoshi was definitely shifted to the left so Geno could fit in, and although you can’t see his face, Bowser is much closer to Cloud now. Still, why just post a cropped picture of only Geno instead of the whole mural?
I personally think it’s fake, though I will say at least the person actually put effort into it; whether the render was stolen or made from scratch, it actually looks pretty cool.
I imagine Geno's art for the banner will be much higher quality than this

Griselda

Smash Lord
I'm kinda guilty of doing rush doodles for you guys so I can jump on an idea or meme in a few minutes when I've got multiple things going on, when I could - and can - do much better if I took more time and put more effort into it. To me, that mural Geno looks like that - like someone spent maybe half an hour on it and didn't bother fine-tuning the details so they could get it out as quickly as possible while still being 'passable'. Like maybe they felt they had a time window to squeeze the fake leak into? With only a month or so before Geno's actual reveal, perhaps. It's the colors that bother me, though - they're too dark, I think.

Then again, I think some of the official mural designs look really weird, too, so there's that. Link and DK's faces in particular.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Side By Side Comparison:
View attachment 283740
View attachment 283741
Putting the render aside, after inspecting it, Yoshi was definitely shifted to the left so Geno could fit in, and although you can’t see his face, Bowser was also moved to the left. Still, why just post a cropped picture of only Geno instead of the whole mural?
This look terrible for a fake leak in a design aspect. The hands are positioned in the most boring way. Why not go for the gun hand?

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
Also, the character designer for Moon (and the "Noge" character specifically) also designed the characters for SMRPG and Geno.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom