• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Still, for Geno fans, we've got a lot more going on in Geno's favor right now than against him, and the recent Paper Mario spirit event after the last two Square ones is a bit hard to dismiss as just a pure coincidence
Don't really see how the Paper Mario spirit event is in his favour. It gets rid of competition, sure but I wouldn't really say it's much more than that in case someone has some wacky theory which is only loosely related due to them both being Mario RPG related. I admit Geno has got quite a bit in his favour and is honestly the most likely Mario character since Paper Mario was killed and quite a likely character in general but I don't think the PM event does much aside from shoot Paper Mario in his non existent but proverbial leg

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yes, I've played it, and loved it so much that I consider it my second favorite "Paper Mario" game now. It really is just take classic Paper Mario, throw in a tiny bit of Mario & Luigi, and swap out anything Mario related with bug related stuff.
So I think the intro to Bug Fables about the first Queen Elizant dying and her daughter taking over the throne to continue the search for the Everlasting Sapling is a lie. I think Elizant the II isn't really the daughter of Elizant the I and she is someone who killed Elizant the I and stole the throne and made up a revisionist story about her being her daughter to continue to look for the Everlasting Sapling. Reason I think this is because of Leif's behavior about the Elizant the II after the team left Snakemouth and first went to the palace. Leif was asleep for decades in Snakemouth and seems to not remember that much. Leif knows something that Elizant the II doesn't want the kingdom to know about.

OffBi

Smash Ace
For the past two weeks I've refused to get my hopes up because I didn't want to get burned like I was on the 20th. I was almost ready to allow myself to hype again until this happened

Always assume the worst, you'll be prepared when it happens and pleasantly surprised when it doesn't happen.

View attachment 283517
so i should become wynn then?
hell naw

D

Deleted member

I really didn't care for the Partners Direct. I'm not disappointed or anything. In fact, I really don't have anything to be disappointed about because I really only want a single game that has yet to be announced (if it ever will be) and to see whether or not Geno, or Crash will be in Smash. Yeah, Partners Direct, that's cool, I'll go back to playing A Hat in Time and finish up the first Wario Land.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Friday is just going to be another day so if they drop something it will be surprising. But I think we're going to have to wait till mid September now. There's no way it's going to be sooner than that. I think the real joke in all of this though is that they clearly had some prep work done for an E3 presentation prior to quarantine. They really really really really got effed by this pandemic and they are so freaking lucky that Animal Crossing was a runaway hit. Nintendo's outdated and archaic way of doing business survives to see another day..... unfortunately

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If you're an experienced PR person, generally you have a few favorite outlets that you'll give differing levels of "heads up" to depending on what you're going to announce or release. These can range from full-on exclusives (X company is preparing for a new announcement on johnson rods, stay tuned) to friendly hints (my sources say something may be brewing with a new version of a johnson rod).

What you don't generally do is give a heads up and then allow outlets to be caught flat-footed with an earlier announcement than hinted. It erodes that relationship to where they aren't going to listen as closely when you want them to, and then you lose out on that free press.

What's perplexing to me, as said PR professional, is how dead set everyone was for Friday and now they've suddenly thrown their hands in the air. Something still isn't passing the smell test right now, which is why I am waiting until Friday to be sure before bunching my panties in a wad.
Exactly! A common misnomer is that Nintendo wants to trip up all insiders. No, they want to trip up people like me who are not in the industry. Tripping up other people in the industry, especially people "on your side" is just bad business. Yanking the rug out from under your biggest professional supporters is a bad move and sours relationships. Juking someone like me, on the other hand, is good because it means information is staying in the industry and to people who it's actually relevant to for their livelihood. This is literally just a hobby for me. I'm not trying to be a Sneaky Pete about it either and am fully aware I probably know a good number of things I have absolutely no business knowing which is why I try to do this as ethically as I can while at the same time not being perpetually coy or overly secretive because I know that chaps people's asses too.

Firox

Smash Master
For the past two weeks I've refused to get my hopes up because I didn't want to get burned like I was on the 20th. I was almost ready to allow myself to hype again until this happened

Always assume the worst, you'll be prepared when it happens and pleasantly surprised when it doesn't happen.
THIS x1000. I knew Nintendo's MO of being idiotic, kept my expectations perfectly in check, and to be honest, I feel pretty good. I'm not nearly as bummed as I thought I'd be because Nintendo didn't do anything I wasn't already expecting. I've learned that it's best to simply not give a **** about Nintendo anymore. They're painfully incompetent and I've come to accept that with peace of mind. There's no reason to be mad or upset about it. Just move on with your life, find something fun to keep yourself busy, and be pleasantly amazed when they finally pull their collective head out of their ass.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Tbh, even if the chances are slim, I haven’t given up on the idea of Friday having something just yet

Too many people have heard/entertained the idea of Friday for me to cross it out. Nate, wasn’t the only person saying the 28th so I’m going to wait and see what other insiders think before I ditch the date entirely. Still going to have hope

If nothing happens then oh well. Back to waiting. But I’ll find ways to keep myself occupied. Regardless, I think Geno is soon, so I’ll hang in there till we hear more

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I can't wait until this ride of despair is finally over and Geno get's announced. It will be the biggest sign of relief for many of us. I'm so tired of this drought, I'm thinking about leaving speculation all together after Geno is announced.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
September for sure guys... haha... They MUST do it September...
Sept has been a larger direct for the past 2 years. It's a window of time not too close but close enough to announce holiday stuff. They told 3rd parties to wait until Sept to send things. Amiibos launch in September. everything official that we know has been pointing to September for a very very long time

I postulate these smaller directs have been a way for them to dole out announcements that would otherwise clutter up the larger direct as Fatmanonice Fatmanonice suggested. Something like they receive a smaller game ready to launch, so they'll throw it into the mini. It's easy PR and gets attention off their ass for a little bit because they can say they're releasing games.

It's going to be September. And it was always going to be September. I think people hoping for this week is just a combination of leakers having legitimate information we were getting something (which we did) and people hoping that September really meant last week of August.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Sept has been a larger direct for the past 2 years. It's a window of time not too close but close enough to announce holiday stuff. They told 3rd parties to wait until Sept to send things. Amiibos launch in September. everything official that we know has been pointing to September for a very very long time

I postulate these smaller directs have been a way for them to dole out announcements that would otherwise clutter up the larger direct as Fatmanonice Fatmanonice suggested. Something like they receive a smaller game ready to launch, so they'll throw it into the mini. It's easy PR and gets attention off their ass for a little bit because they can say they're releasing games.

It's going to be September. And it was always going to be September. I think people hoping for this week is just a combination of leakers having legitimate information we were getting something (which we did) and people hoping that September really meant last week of August.
We shall see what the next week or two brings. It makes no sense to keep holding off on something as simple as Smash DLC for too much longer

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

In July, the said more Partner Directs were coming, and we didn't listen to them. Again, they ended on saying more Partner Directs are coming.

I don't think a General is happening at all for the rest of the year, and that this is the new format:
Third Parties get their own showcase (July and now August)
First Party announcements are Twitter drops (Paper Mario, Pikmin, Pokemon, Smash)

The Death of E3 made Nintendo realize they no longer have a deadline to get announcements out and they can literally do what they want

MattX20

Smash Hero
In July, the said more Partner Directs were coming, and we didn't listen to them. Again, they ended on saying more Partner Directs are coming.

I don't think a General is happening at all for the rest of the year, and that this is the new format:
Third Parties get their own showcase (July and now August)
First Party announcements are Twitter drops (Paper Mario, Pikmin, Pokemon, Smash)

The Death of E3 made Nintendo realize they no longer have a deadline to get announcements out and they can literally do what they want
The March general direct mini says hi

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatman on any given day: driving hype, spinning theories, spreading purported insider information - “this is it, guys, it’s time”

Fatman on Partner Direct days: “lmao just chill out guys”
Imagine having emotional regulation and taking responsibility for how you react to things.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
When do the amiibos release? Although it will probably call apart, it will be nice for amiibo theory to give us some idea of the release or reveal

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hey Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ! Are you going to record your reaction to Geno when he get's announced? Because I would love to see your reaction more than anyone else's as I picture your reaction being the most emotional after fighting for his inclusion for almost 2 decades and pretty much carrying the weight of the Geno fanbase in the west.

MattX20

Smash Hero
When do the amiibos release? Although it will probably call apart, it will be nice for amiibo theory to give us some idea of the release or reveal
The Joker and DQ Hero amiibo release in most of the world on the 25th, North America gets it a week later

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Hey Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ! Are you going to record your reaction to Geno when he get's announced? Because I would love to see your reaction more than anyone else's as I picture your reaction being the most emotional after fighting for his inclusion for almost 2 decades and pretty much carrying the weight of the Geno fanbase in the west.
Just troll the fandom and just get someone to quickly animate the Popeye PFP with your actual voice over it. That is a reality I would like to live in.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This isn't like the last Partner Showcase because people were specifically told July 20th and something happened and, before that, people were told March 26tn and then something happened there too. If people were told August 28th, wouldn't it make sense to wait until the 28th to see if anything actually happens? If people were told the 28th and something else happens two days earlier, that's a bit weird given what we've already seen this year. Being wrong about content is one thing but being wrong about content AND a date is a considerable frying of wires. In other words, that's a sizable **** up and I want to see if anyone comes forward with an explanation or something actually happens on Friday.

MattX20

Smash Hero
This isn't like the last Partner Showcase because people were specifically told July 20th and something happened and, before that, people were told March 26tn and then something happened there too. If people were told August 28th, wouldn't it make sense to wait until the 28th to see if anything actually happens? If people were told the 28th and something else happens two days earlier, that's a bit weird given what we've already seen this year. Being wrong about content is one thing but being wrong about content AND a date is a considerable frying of wires. In other words, that's a sizable **** up and I want to see if anyone comes forward with an explanation or something actually happens on Friday.
For all we know, it could be an announcement for a Mr. Sakurai Presents FP7 if it's not a general direct/general mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom