• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You know, I don't recall insiders saying the Direct would be on a Wednesday. Just the 24th or the 28th of this month.

So, you guys think this whole Partners Direct thing was just leakbait to the insiders?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Its over

I still want to see what happens this week. These guys aren't totally infallible and I think that's what kills me the most about this ****. If all these guys heard something for the 28th, I want to see for myself if anything actually happens on the 28th. People complain about insiders all the time but ironically blame them when they prop their expectations up based entirety what they say.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
If nothing happens on Friday, I look forward to a world without prophets and soothsayers.

No gods or kings, only speculators.
Unfortunately that's not going to be the case in the current state of things. If Nintendo continues to not be clear about when first-party info drops are coming, people will continue to obsess over what those guys have to say, despite them constantly botching dates but continuing to give them regardless

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Honestly... I'm more confused than anything.

It'd be one thing if we all waited for Friday, then whether it's announced the day before or it's shadow-dropped, it ended up being a Partner Showcase. Once again, insiders are right about the date but wrong about the Direct itself... but instead, we got a Partner Showcase shadow-dropped literally two days before the supposed air date for a more substantial Direct.

Then there's Nate saying on ResetEra that we'll get more Switch stuff later this week, followed by him contradicting himself on Twitter and saying that this is essentially our Direct for the week... that certainly doesn't help...
More switch stuff probably meant Gamesom like another user pointed out. Smash DLC is in no hurry to release so I wouldn't be too surprised if it will be the end of Amiibo theory. Before I see discussion on a potential Sakurai showcase I would just like to point out that fighter 5 wasnt announced and we were pretty close to the deadline and Min Min was also technically revealed but not exactly.

Although Smash DLC certainly isn't on schedule, there isn't any rush to reveal the character (s) since we are still about 15 months away while Byleth was pretty close to his deadline.

D

Deleted member

I still want to see what happens this week. These guys aren't totally infallible and I think that's what kills me the most about this ****. If all these guys heard something for the 28th, I want to see for myself if anything actually happens on the 28th. People complain about insiders all the time but ironically blame them when they prop their expectations up based entirety what they say.
Strangely, for a guy like me who would rather see insiders stop being trusted, and who tends to spiral into doom and gloom, I'm holding out until Friday, too. I think there might be something there for us, regardless. Given my track record, though, that kind of hope probably means Friday's gonna have another Dunban post and that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

We’re nearly there to 9 months since Vol. 2 was shown off at the Byleth and we only got a character from a fairly new IP. Reminder, they made us play the guessing game and waited till June and they work on multiple characters at a time. Nintendo doesn’t even have to wait for a direct. Let there be another Sakurai presents. Nintendo is killing me. At the very least, if Nate was wrong about another Partner Showcase, we may as well have a general anytime next week for all we know. Let the band-aid ripoff. I don’t even care if Vergeben comes out and say it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Either way, hopefully these Mario 35th Anniversary games get dropped from duscussion on various sites. I'm sorry, but I am sick of hearing about them, especially since Nintendo at no point even hinted they were coming or even exist.

I'm not angry at insiders, and the games could potentially be in the works, but I'm just tired of them being brought up month after month and they never appear.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Then there's Nate saying on ResetEra that we'll get more Switch stuff later this week, followed by him contradicting himself on Twitter and saying that this is essentially our Direct for the week... that certainly doesn't help...
Think logicaly for this one. Paper Mario Origami King and Pikmin 3 Deluxe were both anounced in a kinda random way with just a tweet and the trailer getting dropped on Youtube, so he most likely refers to another twitter reveal.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Then why not show this on the "general/mini" direct? Even the mini direct in March had third-party games

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
Tbh in the past big ones seem to come out the week of Labor Day in the US I believe... Just gonna wait until then 🤷‍♂️

Firox

Smash Master
Oh, great, Partner's Showcase!

Sooooo we're pretty much getting nothing then....

♪ "Wake me up when September ends..."♫

PS. To all the people that accused me of being a blind pessimist, all I have to say is I TOLD YOU SO. Nintendo continues their pattern of being a hype-killing **** show. This isn't pessimism. This is precedent which they continue to support. Sorry, I honestly wish it weren't true, but it is. At least the good news is that, statistically, Nintendo has to stop sucking eventually. Someday, we'll get a Smash reveal. Someday....

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Then why not show this on the "general/mini" direct? Even the mini direct in March had third-party games
Because I think this is a new approach Nintendo is taking. I've noticed that most of the announcements for these past three minis have been stuff we already knew about or stuff that's kind of niche and everyone but their respective fanbases gives negative ****s about. Honestly, if Nintendo is taking this approach so that it doesn't have to waste time on the latest installment of Just Fart© or Yaoi Soccer Stars Ultra in the next General Direct, I'm all for it.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Waiting till Friday before I turn off my hype. Was flying too high to just cut the jets right now. If anything, it’ll be easier to be let down if nothing happens by then. I can slowly lower my dopamine until I return to a completely numb shell of a man who JUST WANTED OUR DAMN STAR WARRIOR TO COME HOME ALREADY

I mean this could be a counter measure red herring to add more punch to the announcement of a mini/full direct

I’m definitely slowing down my hype though...................................................................................... sigh.

(Again. Don’t blame or act stupid to people if nothing happens, it’s everyone’s own responsibility to hype themselves up. You should always just assume everything EVERYONE says is BS until revealed but I have fun on the rollercoaster with its ups and downs.)

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, the fact is the direct mini occurred today and not on the 28th like most of the rumors going on right now. We need to wait til Friday to see if it's shadowdropped or announced tomorrow. We still have 2 days left to go

Skull Leader

Smash Cadet
So the thread right now for every insider to be at least a little right is:

Partner Mini on Wednesday
General Direct announcement on Friday
General Direct on Monday

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Listen, here’s my wild ass theory I wanna throw into the ring.

Why would Nintendo do a Partner Showcase before a regular Nintendo Direct? I think it’s because Nintendo’s partners wanted more of a showcase then the usual sizzle reel or very brief mention they would get in regular directs, so Nintendo’s solution was to allot an entire direct for their partners to show off their games first, and then Nintendo would save their first party/semi first party games for their own Nintendo Direct.

Is this theory genius and infallible? Uhh, is my name NOT Sir Cornelius the Third?? Am I very sleep deprived? Perhaps. Is the sting of disappointment beginning to seep in once more?

yeah :(

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Because I think this is a new approach Nintendo is taking. I've noticed that most of the announcements for these past three minis have been stuff we already knew about or stuff that's kind of niche and everyone but their respective fanbases gives negative ****s about. Honestly, if Nintendo is taking this approach so that it doesn't have to waste time on the latest installment of Just Fart© or Yaoi Soccer Stars Ultra in the next General Direct, I'm all for it.
Waiting till Friday before I turn off my hype. Was flying too high to just cut the jets right now. If anything, it’ll be an easier to be let down if nothing happens by then. I can slowly lower my dopamine until I return to a completely numb shell of a man who JUST WANTED OUR DAMN STAR WARRIOR TO COME HOME ALREADY

I mean this could be a counter measure red herring to add more punch to the announcement of a mini/full direct
I'm willing to wait until Friday too. I'm just confuzzled that, separately from a supposed general Direct/Direct mini on Friday, we also got a Partner Showcase out of nowhere two days before. Hopefully this is just a case of Nintendo trimming the fat so that the supposedly upcoming Direct will be better.

So the thread right now for every insider to be at least a little right is:

Partner Mini on Wednesday
General Direct announcement on Friday
General Direct on Monday
... or it could be this.

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
Off topic, but has anyone here played the Paper Mario like Indie game called Bug Fables? Right now I'm playing it and I'm already half way through the 2nd chapter. It really feels like a sequel to Thousand Year Door and I'm just really enjoying it.
Yes, I've played it, and loved it so much that I consider it my second favorite "Paper Mario" game now. It really is just take classic Paper Mario, throw in a tiny bit of Mario & Luigi, and swap out anything Mario related with bug related stuff.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
While I agree with your approach idea, Nate has come out straight and said that nothing is going to happen on Friday though.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
given how there was a partner showcase at the end of both this month, and last month, it seems like this might just become a normal thing where they do it every month, in the last week of said month, news would be more frequent, but far less exciting games

Skull Leader

Smash Cadet
If you're an experienced PR person, generally you have a few favorite outlets that you'll give differing levels of "heads up" to depending on what you're going to announce or release. These can range from full-on exclusives (X company is preparing for a new announcement on johnson rods, stay tuned) to friendly hints (my sources say something may be brewing with a new version of a johnson rod).

What you don't generally do is give a heads up and then allow outlets to be caught flat-footed with an earlier announcement than hinted. It erodes that relationship to where they aren't going to listen as closely when you want them to, and then you lose out on that free press.

What's perplexing to me, as said PR professional, is how dead set everyone was for Friday and now they've suddenly thrown their hands in the air. Something still isn't passing the smell test right now, which is why I am waiting until Friday to be sure before bunching my panties in a wad.

MattX20

Smash Hero
We know FP7 has to release in September due to the upcoming amiibo wave, so the reveal can't be that far away at this point

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Nintendo switch has games.
Sega does what Nintendon't which is release games
We know FP7 has to release in September due to the upcoming amiibo wave, so the reveal can't be that far away at this point
Obviously nothing is infallible and in all honesty Amiibo Theory very well could falter. People were banking on a full direct after the indie and that never happened and obviously the insiders made people more confident but that was wrong.

Here's to hoping but I'm sceptical to say the least

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Because I feel like I have to do this every time it happens, here are the good things to come out of this presentation:

-Nintendo's effectively knocking out smaller announcements in these minis, saving better stuff for Generals.

-Square support still going strong.

-Square continuing to port games to Switch, even super obscure ones.

-We will probably never have to suffer through a Just Dance segment in a General Direct ever again.

-New Puyo Pop game. Mii Costume Guy had Arle as one of his Mii costumes and this gives it more backing.

I mean... You all could chill out. I work on a college campus where like half the student population has to practically be tazered to wash their hands after taking a ****; I think all of us have bigger things to be worried about than whether a Direct actually happens this Friday or not.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
IMG_20191201_001327.jpg

It's all just so tiresome. So many were confident the 28th was gonna be the big day, now we have to wait another 2-3 weeks for more than likely another hyped up direct that'll probably just be another partner showcase. Sony and microsoft destroyed nintendo this year in terms of announcements. Being a nintendo fan in current year is suffering.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
What's funny is that the most annoying that about the Partner Showcase to me was the reminder that Square still hasn't put the first six Final Fantasy titles on Switch. Its ridiculous that the most contemporary way to play them is aggressively mediocre mobile versions.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Yes, I've played it, and loved it so much that I consider it my second favorite "Paper Mario" game now. It really is just take classic Paper Mario, throw in a tiny bit of Mario & Luigi, and swap out anything Mario related with bug related stuff.
I feel like anytime Indie games similar to Paper Mario come up I need to mention "Underhero". It's fairly similar to Paper Mario (although it has a bit more platforming) It has a sense of humour very much in line with the Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi games.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I mean... You all could chill out. I work on a college campus where like half the student population has to practically be tazered to wash their hands after taking a ****; I think all of us have bigger things to be worried about that whether a Direct actually happens this Friday or not.
Agreed

MattX20

Smash Hero
Because I feel like I have to do this every time it happens, here are the good things to come out of this presentation:

-Nintendo's effectively knocking out smaller announcements in these minis, saving better stuff for Generals.

-Square support still going strong.

-Square continuing to port games to Switch, even super obscure ones.

-We will probably never have to suffer through a Just Dance segment in a General Direct ever again.

-New Puyo Pop game. Mii Costume Guy had Arle as one of his Mii costumes and this gives it more backing.

I mean... You all could chill out. I work on a college campus where like half the student population has to practically be tazered to wash their hands after taking a ****; I think all of us have bigger things to be worried about than whether a Direct actually happens this Friday or not.
Plus, Nintendo really needs to get their act together for the end of 2020 onwards, they can't afford to fall much further behind. September will be the last chance to potentially make a huge impact since it will be roughly 3 months since the E3 direct was supposed to take place

Trevenant

Smash Lord
It's disappointing there is no direct sure and probably won't at least any time soon but I am sure people still realise what's important in the end. It may seem as such but that's kind of because this is the newcom spec board not the social one so you'd probably come here to talk about Geno although you could talk about things in general as long as it's not a large derailment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom