• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
As a huge Taiko not Tatsujin fan and Puyo Puyo, I actually really liked that Partner Showcase. (Both are in my profile pic.)

Also, if they're gonna shadow drop Partner Directs, why not shadow drop Minis or Generals? I don't see how this invalidates anything happens Friday.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I'm still laughing from the previous Partner Showcase where the Japanese video was longer and had more games (despite them getting international releases). It was like, you finally start announcing things and you STILL botch it somehow.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Wasn't someone saying lightning could strike twice? As in two presentations in one week?
That was probably implying the indie showcase too. Considering these directs contain stuff that would typically be announced in an actual direct, seems unlikely we are getting anything else.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
On one hand... another ****ing Partner Showcase...
View attachment 283497

... on the other hand... this was just shadow-dropped this morning, two days before the supposed air date for the Direct that insiders were talking about. Gonna be interesting to see the reactions to this from Nate, Kelios, Grubb, and so on.
That's if they aren't tore to shreds by petty Nintendo fans. Again.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Ahhh so you've watched The Owl House as well

TasteView attachment 283495
Looks like Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo. Yeah, I'm the guy that'll crank out "Talent for Love" or "Lonely Moon" at random, legit good music even separate from the show.

944290-ryoko001.jpg

But yeah, HOPEFULLY the "big show" is still coming on Friday as previously said but... YIKES I am gonna be honest, I ain't feelin it after "The March of the Minis" here.

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
I guess the next thing is to see if there will be a direct this Friday or if we have to wait for September... I'm just bursting with enthusiasm

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Still confident in Friday

Some people were worried that the Friday direct would be a partner. Seeing how we got a partner today, it basically leaves no competition for an event on Friday. So It would have to be a general
What would be the point in splitting it apart though when they are mere days from actually happening? Even the March Mini had third party stuff in so all of the stuff shown in the partner showcase would have probably been held off for a general if it would have happened Friday. Just seems like Nintendo is still splitting this stuff apart and we should hear some decent info next month

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
The way I see it is this. So far all of the things they've announced in the last two months are from 3rd parties or Indies. I'm extremely hype about Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, that Adventure Taiko no Tatsujin game, and Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, but the thing is, every one of those is cross platform. While some of the Indie titles may have been Switch exclusive (I'm not sure), nothing else has been. I think that even Nintendo has to have something exclusive to the Switch or 3DS. Things like Golden Sun, TWEWY, Mario, etc have always been Nintendo only consoles, so I really do think something Nintendo first party or exclusive Nintendo 3rd party is coming. Now, in August or September, who knows I guess, but if people have been hearing the 28th, I'm going to give it a fair shot and see what happens Friday.

Last edited:

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
Not even Brafely Default II? Kelios hinted at it coming late September. Which gives some hope for there still being a Direct this Friday, they have to announce that somewhere, they would have announced it here if there wasn't a Direct very soon, IF it really is coming then.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
So here's what Nate and Grubb had to say...

Gives me some hope but best to prep expectations. Sidenote what is Grubb saying? He said that we shouldn't expect anything major and that just seems like he's confirming a Mini isn't happening or I'm just really confused?

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
You all are kind of hard failing the marshmallow test right now... Literally what I said not 20 minutes ago, can we at least wait until tomorrow afternoon before we all start throwing ourselves off the roofs of buildings of our choice?
Why would they make and release two presentations within roughly 48 hours of each other? The only time they did that was at E3 with an E3 direct and a Smash 4 presentation with Ryu half a decade ago. They could have put most of these in a sizzle reel in a general direct and no one would think twice.

Nintendo has nothing, even king zell has thrown in the towel on resetera.

It's over

Paraster

Smash Lord
What would be the point in splitting it apart though when they are mere days from actually happening? Even the March Mini had third party stuff in so all of the stuff shown in the partner showcase would have probably been held off for a general if it would have happened Friday. Just seems like Nintendo is still splitting this stuff apart and we should hear some decent info next month
Maybe Nintendo has just very recently decided to section off third and first party stuff so that certain presentations appeal to specific crowds.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Its over

but on ResetEra he literally just said that we should be getting more info? I don't think it's likely mind you but wouldn't be too surprising if his account was hacked. Actually he could mean more third party stuff or shadowdrops. Idek my bad

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The games Nintendo has been announcing this year (cross platform, shovelware, a couple of first party titles) and being very silent on their current console, this is how developers act near the end of a console generation's life. Despite its success, is Nintendo dropping the Switch? This isn't a lull type of year. This is 'We got nothing.'

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
but on ResetEra he literally just said that we should be getting more info? I don't think it's likely mind you but wouldn't be too surprising if his account was hacked. Actually he could mean more third party stuff or shadowdrops. Idek my bad
He clarified one third-party game probably at Gamescom

Trevenant

Smash Lord
He clarified one third-party game probably at Gamescom
Oh right. Grubb did say by mid September so maybe it's that. Either way Covid seems to have really screwed Nintendo up. Sad and it doesn't seem that will change until it's more under control.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Honestly... I'm more confused than anything.

It'd be one thing if we all waited for Friday, then whether it's announced the day before or it's shadow-dropped, it ended up being a Partner Showcase. Once again, insiders are right about the date but wrong about the Direct itself... but instead, we got a Partner Showcase shadow-dropped literally two days before the supposed air date for a more substantial Direct.

Then there's Nate saying on ResetEra that we'll get more Switch stuff later this week, followed by him contradicting himself on Twitter and saying that this is essentially our Direct for the week... that certainly doesn't help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom