• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
This would be a pretty damn good pass. I’d probably swap Master Chief & Rex though. I do believe the idea that Nintendo tries to put attention grabbing character towards the middle to get more sales.

I feel they could make an exception since it’s MFing Mario. As well as the huge fanbase support that Geno & Waluigi have.

I’m not so sure anymore. After Incineroar & Byleth I think most people are expecting a lackluster ending.

I’m not a game developer so I’m not sure how hard it would be. But do you guys think it’d be easy for them to turn ATs into playable characters? They already have models & some animations/moves. So I imagine some of the work is already done. But I could be wrong & they might not be able to use any of that data for a Fighter.

Buuut if it were easy to do, then maybe we could see some ATs as bonus characters.
It would be easier because they already have experience modeling the characters and animating them, but the Assist Trophy Models Have less Polygons and wouldn't fit a Fighter Model. so they'd have to make a new Model anyway

Supirorguy

Smash Cadet
People put way too much stock into one source proclaiming that his partners were "shocked" to see the love for Isaac in Smash. Of course, the Smash team at Namco noticed every little thing. Do they care? Most likely not. Golden Sun coming back most likely wouldn't even revolve around Isaac. It would continue off the cliff-hanger or go in an entirely new direction.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I can't believe I let everyone get in my head again and expect something amazing from this week. BUT HERE I AM ONCE AGAIN FLYING TOWARDS THE SUN... thanks a lot guys. The Grinch Leak was so absurdly gross that I don't know what to think anymore- :joyful: I must be insane to be this excited again over speculation.

It's Monday... Queue the countdown
1598314795098.png

will probably announce the announcement at some point within 3 days according to all the hype.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
I have seen many people speculating about this: Obviously CP7 was originally a E3 reveal, if we are getting a Direct this week, either the Thrusday or the Friday, it will announce the mayority or all the stuff which was planned for E3 so CP7 will be announced. Ok, if the Direct happen EVERYBODY will expect CP7, But this Direct would be in Late August, so what if Nintendo decide to reveal the stuff of both the E3 and the Fall Direct in the same day. So, what if we are getting 7 (who would be the E3 reveal) and 8 (Who would be the Fall Direct reveal) in Friday? I can see happening, even I just expect 7

QQS

Smash Lord
Maybe these are our LAST DAYS in 2 decades without an Official CGI of Geno Reveal out there. Enjoy it and say goodbye to the good old 20 years of Fan Demand, suffering, crying, hoping and joy cause after the next Direct probably our boy will be revealed.

GENO SHOOTS ULTIMATELY!

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I have seen many people speculating about this: Obviously CP7 was originally a E3 reveal, if we are getting a Direct this week, either the Thrusday or the Friday, it will announce the mayority or all the stuff which was planned for E3 so CP7 will be announced. Ok, if the Direct happen EVERYBODY will expect CP7, But this Direct would be in Late August, so what if Nintendo decide to reveal the stuff of both the E3 and the Fall Direct in the same day. So, what if we are getting 7 (who would be the E3 reveal) and 8 (Who would be the Fall Direct reveal) in Friday? I can see happening, even I just expect 7
I dunno, both combined with the current state Nintendo is in is quite a long shot tbh. Quite a large amount of stuff from E3 would most likely already be absent due to how much the virus has apparently affected them especially when we have had pretty much 2 new titles which have actually been announced this year and released done by Nintendo themselves. We should get something on Friday which is the day everyone is saying unless this is some huge internal hoax. It would definitely be quite surprising and honestly very pleasing due to how much would be announced but the chances are honestly pretty low of it actually happening unfortunately

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I'll say this regarding Isaac: If he's getting upgraded, he's getting upgraded as part of the FIGHTER'S PASS.

See, Waluigi could be a bonus character that wouldn't require a stage (as much as we'd love Waluigi Pinball or Mario Party 3 Waluigi's Island as both a Waluigi stage and a Mario Party stage).

Assuming bonus characters joining Piranha Plant in the "Individual DLC" page is a thing, IMAGINE THE RAGE when Isaac is promoted to playable AS A BONUS, but there's NO GOLDEN SUN STAGE and the only Golden Sun music is like, the two that's already in the game. People would NOT be pleased. If Isaac is coming... he's a full pack in the pass.

Watch Nintendo reveal 7, 8 AND 9 this week, just to confuse and or screw with everyone.
Imagine just 7 and 8, but the REAL E3 surprise was the reveal of Individual DLC, like yeah, it's Geno and Master Chief, two Fighter Pass characters just like last year, coincidentally both a Square and Microsoft character like last year too... but the REAL surprise is "Hey, here's Waluigi and Krystal, two Assist Trophies getting upgraded, available as individual DLC with no stage or music. It's like we're revealing FOUR fighters instead of two!"

pinshadow

Smash Lord
436ypb.jpg

I really, really, really like this image.

Seriously though, even if Golden Sun gets brought back...
(which, even disregarding what Naz has supposedly heard, I think is what is happening just based on the numerous new trademarks, the fact this is already longest stretch between game releases from Camelot in over a decade (they've outright said in the past they put far more time into Golden Sun games than their other projects when they do end up working on it), let alone announcements, and the fact that it doesn't really suffer from the issues that numerous other dead Nintendo franchises suffer from (the original team/creators are still leading development at Camelot, they don't seem to have any major issues working on it and clearly wanted to do more if the cliffhanger is anything to go by, and it fills a niche in Nintendo's library they don't really have at the moment).
....that doesn't mean Isaac is in, even though I know that's the conclusion many people are going to jump to. (and let's be real here, a new game is WAY better than a Smash character, seriously, isn't that like the ultimate unspoken end goal here? Yea, being playable in the biggest gaming crossover ever is gigantic, but it's what comes FROM that exposure that can be really impactful.)

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Even though I am someone who is preparing for a Fighter Pass 2 with "more Nintendo characters than people might think vs third parties"... I don't think Isaac is one of em. I just don't feel him. Sorry, kid.

QQS

Smash Lord
Maybe these are our LAST DAYS in 2 decades without an Official CGI of Geno Reveal out there. Enjoy it and say goodbye to the good old 20 years of Fan Demand, suffering, crying, hoping and joy cause after the next Direct probably our boy will be revealed.

GENO SHOOTS ULTIMATELY!

EDIT: sorry plz delete double post by mistake

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, once Geno gets confirmed, Geno will be drinkin beers, shootin finger bullets at all the bullseye targets, and slappin the bottles in all the naysayers's faces.

"POP QUIZ, HOTSHOT! You just picked a fight with a poorly disguised star spirit who's seen WAY TOO MANY action movies! What do you do? What do you DO?"

*proceeds to crank up "Boom" by the X Ambassadors and shoot his fists off at everyone in the bar for telling him he couldn't get into Smash

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
If they pushed Isaac in Smash to advertise a Golden Sun remake/newgame/compilation/etc, I'd be fine with him since he also has large fan support over the years. He wouldn't be solely a shill pick. And honestly, despite never playing the series, his dedicated fans won me over and I'm rooting for them too. And maybe I would try out a remake.

MattX20

Smash Hero
If they pushed Isaac in Smash to advertise a Golden Sun remake/newgame/compilation/etc, I'd be fine with him since he also has large fan support over the years. He wouldn't be solely a shill pick. And honestly, despite never playing the series, his dedicated fans won me over and I'm rooting for them too. And maybe I would try out a remake.
That, and frankly, Golden Sun deserves another chance to shine again

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Assuming bonus characters joining Piranha Plant in the "Individual DLC" page is a thing, IMAGINE THE RAGE when Isaac is promoted to playable AS A BONUS, but there's NO GOLDEN SUN STAGE and the only Golden Sun music is like, the two that's already in the game. People would NOT be pleased. If Isaac is coming... he's a full pack in the pass.
I dunno, I really loved the Golden Sun games, some of my favorite RPGs of their time. I wouldn’t give two craps whether he came with a stage or not, I would be totally fine just the character. I’m pretty sure if the option was a standalone Character only DLC vs. remaining just an Assist Trophy, the DLC option would win 100% of the time. Obviously anyone would want a stage, music, and a character, but I feel few people would be upset if Isaac became playable but didn’t come with a stage.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I don't know a single thing about Isaac, but I feel a connection to his fans after the whole Grinch thing - my heart just dropped at seeing what happened to Shadow, and I'm guessing it was the same for them. I've said it before, but after Geno I definitely want them to get their guy in, too, and as many others as possible on top of that.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I remember thinking who could Fighter Pack #4 could be, and then i reminded myself that we got Banjo, so i wasn't anxious at all.

It was literally last year when we got a Direct. Things were more cheerful back then. At least i could go outside and take some sunlight.

Wow that wasn't Passive-Agressive at all!

......but seriously i understand i sound like that Mephiles guy, but when you support Isaac for 2 games straight, and yet he doesn't get in, you get a little demoralized. Trust me i was during the Smash Speculation days of Pre-Smash 4 (i was Speedwagon btw) and Smash Ultimate days, I remember when people thought that Isaac was gonna be Smash DLC in 4, and when his absence in Ultimate (i was more skeptical but still a little optimistic) made me think he could be in Smash. So to see him revealed as an Assist Trophy at literally the last moment possible was..................sad, to say the least.

Even if Isaac were to get in Smash Ultimate (i understand Icewolff92 Icewolff92 's arugment by the way, him beign from an unrepped franchise could easily bring a brand new stage, new remixes, cameos and far more interesing stuff than Waluigi could bring, which is why most people see him as a bonus and not a Fighter Pack) i still don't see a new game happeing at all, not in the current state Camelot is at least.
Who is to say that its Camelot that is working on the remakes (would the rumor being a thing)

....that doesn't mean Isaac is in, even though I know that's the conclusion many people are going to jump to. (and let's be real here, a new game is WAY better than a Smash character, seriously, isn't that like the ultimate unspoken end goal here? Yea, being playable in the biggest gaming crossover ever is gigantic, but it's what comes FROM that exposure that can be really impactful.)
Concidering Smash Brothers is sort of like the ultimate (no pun intended) marketing move, it would make more sense to add Isaac instead of Waluigi. That´s all I´m saying. That´s all I´m trying to point out. Both could be in, as well as neither, all we can do is wait and see.
I feel they could make an exception since it’s MFing Mario. As well as the huge fanbase support that Geno & Waluigi have.
The likes of Isaac also have a big fanbase. He also comes from a dead franchise who could get a massive boost thanks to Smash Brothers. And like I said in a post about, 4/5 was essentially added for marketing purpose (the exception being Terry because bone thrown too Sakurai). Waluigi does not cover any of the two bases. Geno, concidering Sakurai, has had an interest in him for a long time, could be considered as a "Terry" for this pack.

Joker was to get more eyes on Persona 5 Royal and Persona 5 scramble.
Hero was a inclusion for the sake of marketing Dragon Quest for the west (I mean, its a reason 11, and not 3 that is the default skin)
Banjo Kazooie was because he was the best choice before Master Chief to promote Xbox due to his fan favorite status (there is a reason why Sakurai said "if you want to play Banjo Kazooie, you find them on Rare Replay on Xbox)
Byleth because of the upcoming DLC story at the time
Min Min because pushing Arms (confirming a free trial right after just screams "we want to push this franchise")
Just to be clear, I´m indifferent if one of, or even both happens. I have my preference, sure.. The only ones I am against are the likes of "Son Goku, Batman or Shrek" (aka 4th party). All I´m saying that, with how Nintendo operates with their DLC, the only chance Waluigi had was in the base game. Could I be wrong? Sure... but I seriously doubt that.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Isaac coming without a stage would be a missed opportunity, there's so many cool sanctums, dungeons and lighthouses that would make for a visually striking stage. The most commonly suggested one is Venus Lighthouse but Sol Sanctum is brought up a lot too, the lelemental star chamber within the Sol Sanctum would be really striking
1598327406577.png
1598327389256.png
1598327470837.png

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
Isaac coming without a stage would be a missed opportunity, there's so many cool sanctums, dungeons and lighthouses that would make for a visually striking stage. The most commonly suggested one is Venus Lighthouse but Sol Sanctum is brought up a lot too, the lelemental star chamber within the Sol Sanctum would be really striking
View attachment 283384View attachment 283383View attachment 283385
I'd want that third one, just because it kinda reminds me of Culex, for whatever reason.

QQS

Smash Lord
Im now more convinced to believe that the splash art will be something like:

GENO SERVES A HIGHER REQUEST!

Due to his monumental demand since 2 decades, probably one of the 5 biggest in Smash history.

EDIT:

47326E2A-CF66-4EB4-9ED0-484F2720A783.jpeg

SAKURAI JUST POSTED EXOR.

okay it’s not Exor but a man can dream...

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord

Due to his monumental demand since 2 decades, probably one of the 5 biggest in Smash history.

EDIT:

View attachment 283392

Woah, no, actually, this could be something. I don't wanna sound all crazy and reach-y (I remember Chair Theory as well as the rathalos thing) but this does bring to mind something from SMRPG, and it isn't Exor - It's Mack. The first major boss of the game and the introduction to the Smithy Gang.
What looks like a small character riding on a fat, wide blade like a pogo stick (even if he might actually be the blade)? Yeah, this guy.

It's probably just a coincidence, but if it isn't, this might be something. It's totally in-character for Sakurai to use objects in Smash to make funny little comparisons to thing in other games. Granted, it isn't really as hints, but he does do this constantly.

QQS

Smash Lord
Woah, no, actually, this could be something. I don't wanna sound all crazy and reach-y (I remember Chair Theory as well as the rathalos thing) but this does bring to mind something from SMRPG, and it isn't Exor - It's Mack. The first major boss of the game and the introduction to the Smithy Gang.
What looks like a small character riding on a fat, wide blade like a pogo stick (even if he might actually be the blade)? Yeah, this guy.

It's probably just a coincidence, but if it isn't, this might be something. It's totally in-character for Sakurai to use objects in Smash to make funny little comparisons to thing in other games. Granted, it isn't really as hints, but he does do this constantly.
Yess, hope it means something!

By the way, I was looking to the sky today and look what I saw:

C57E5425-E99C-40C9-A051-AFFAB5A45007.jpeg

could it mean something? Stay tune for next Friday!

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley

I saw exor but you’re totally right, this is way more Mack the knife.

Missed opportunity to use red Meta Knight though!

T2by4

Smash Lord

EDIT:

View attachment 283392

"Leak" channels tomorrow: SAKURAI HINTS AT GENO WITH EXOR PHOTO?? (GONE SEXUAL)

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
View attachment 283304

ElizaArtz on Twitter did this Vol. 2 Spirit Board menu concept, guess who joined the battle! (Sorry if it was posted before)
People REALLY insist on using the order of the sword logo to represent Dante? Whatever man... I guess people just look up “DMC logo” and that is the first PNG they see. Disappointing

Attachments

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Who is to say that its Camelot that is working on the remakes (would the rumor being a thing)
Then who? Monolith Soft? Retro Studios? Next Level Games? Some obscure developer i have never even heard of?

I doubt this Sakurai guy is a legit leaker. Does he even have anything to do with Smash info before? Its probably a rando looking for e-cred.
He once said that Ridley wasn't gonna be in Smash because he was too big, and yet got in Smash anyways!

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE THIS LEAKER?!

I don't know a single thing about Isaac, but I feel a connection to his fans after the whole Grinch thing - my heart just dropped at seeing what happened to Shadow, and I'm guessing it was the same for them. I've said it before, but after Geno I definitely want them to get their guy in, too, and as many others as possible on top of that.
Oh not trust me you are right. Isaac and Shadow's discomfirmation (specifically, the way they were discomfirmed at the VERY LAST MOMENT POSSIBLE) is one of the reasons i really disliked the November Direct, and i did accept the Grinch Leak was fake. Hopefully they DON'T do the same with Geno by revealing him as a costume in the last Fighter Pack.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Hopefully they DON'T do the same with Geno by revealing him as a costume in the last Fighter Pack.
I think a costume in the last pack would be the worst way to go, honestly. While I'd prefer him playable of course, a costume now or by the end of 2020 would at least put the madness to rest. Dragging it out another year+, hoping, just to get a costume at the very end, would be a real Debbie downer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom