• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
At this point in time, if Nintendo keeps delaying the Directs, this will be detrimental to them as well, so I think this is the final week.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think Grubb is just scared of backlash because everybody is attributing breaking the story of a General Direct to him. Zell has minimal social media presence and everybody else has basically just been agreeing with Grubb by saying "yep, I've heard that too." Basically he's painfully aware that the Nintendo fanbase has designated him as the fall guy if it doesn't pan out and given he's literally in the industry, people being assholes to him is the least of his worries. When people tried to cancel the NoA ambassador for telling the truth about Isaac not being in the base roster, people tried to literally figure out who his direct supervisors were and **** so they could literally call and complain. Yes, people are THAT petty.

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, don't want to get hopes up too much, but it's sort of turning into a "now or never" moment for Nintendo and their Holiday season. even if covid is still around (which it will be) you can't really cancel that time of year, and I think they're probably aware that a lot of people who would have waited to buy ACNH for the holidays did already. They gotta show something.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I think Grubb is just scared of backlash because everybody is attributing breaking the story of a General Direct to him. Zell has minimal social media presence and everybody else has basically just been agreeing with Grubb by saying "yep, I've heard that too." Basically he's painfully aware that the Nintendo fanbase has designated him as the fall guy if it doesn't pan out and given he's literally in the industry, people being assholes to him is the least of his worries. When people tried to cancel the NoA ambassador for telling the truth about Isaac not being in the base roster, people tried to literally figure out who his direct supervisors were and **** so they could literally call and complain. Yes, people are THAT petty.
Tbf Nate Drake is pretty present on every social media platform. He is on YouTube as DirectFeed Games which is made even more known due to him being on the spawncast which has a couple thousand viewers every night, and he is obviously on Twitter as well as Era and he's pretty confident. Drake has also been leaking things for much longer as I'm fairly certain he goes back to 2018 with L.A Noire on Switch and then he said something else which I vaguely remember GameXplain covering. I dunno I think more eyes are probably on Drake. Grubb has got stuff but Nate Drake has got more of a track record I think. Zell is pretty much only on Era so not him

Griselda

Smash Lord
I just got the idea for a Geno creepypasta where someone's copy of Ultimate glitches out and Geno vanishes. His icon on the CSS is just a black box with nothing in it. When they try to select him, only half of his name plays and the announcer just calls out 'NO'.
But when they start the match his disembodied hat and cape are still there, moving as usual. Half of his specials are glitched, too, and cause the other fighters to T-Pose for several seconds after hitting. When Geno wins, the announcer just repeats 'NO' over and over.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
On today's episode of "Satire is Dead and We Sit Upon it like a Throne of Corpses as Kings and Queens of the Damned" somebody said this to Kelios when he supported Grubb's statement about a General Direct coming and Kelios was upset that people were still on his ass about July:

View attachment 283202

Something something relevant something something stares directly into the camera
What a pathetic person! No one has that right! That shouldn't even happen to anyone! That is just an excuse to do what one's wants. Just because it can happen, doesn't mean it should. This guy must have been raised or educated poorly.

Supirorguy

Smash Cadet
Looks like cheeky **** is being planned guys.
Any predictions?
Anyone freaking out about this is playing a fool's game. It's a medium-sized, unaffiliated with NCL, Japanese magazine. You're not getting anything big or exciting as a western audience. Maybe something like the Switch exclusive Monster Hunter finally rearing it's head, or a Tales of for Switch.

Cuzeba123

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Just 5 days left at most if what is said is true. We gotta hang in there just a little bit longer

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
I'd say the most likely announcement date would be Thursday. There was a Friday Direct back in 2013 (May 17th I think) and it was announced on Thursday. NateDrake also thinks that would be the announcement date.
However, every date before that is on the table. In my timezone it's past midnight so an announcement "today" isn't really impossible although unlikely.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
After watching the latest Terminal Montage vid, I though "man, it'd actually be pretty cool if we got a bonus Yoshi color alt as Boshi". It's basically blue/indigo Yoshi with shades and some spiked bracelets.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I wonder what stage it would be if we get Geno. Forest Maze seems like most obvious but it’s kind of limited- especially for cameos.

Like i’d Love to see Frogfucius, Jinx, Johnny, Croco, Booster, the Axem Rangers, and so many more show up if it was possible. Kind of like Terry’s stage or Animal Crossing.

Trying to think of a place that could work. Maybe Star Hill? And with hazards on (which i’d never see lol) there were stars ⭐ around the stage that when you hit them a speech bubble showed up with a wish and showed the character who was making the wish.

1598224080332.png

It’s not the most inspiring looking stage but I bet the art team could give it a dreamy looking makeover.

Forest Maze is still a strong pick though.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
TerminalMontage has convinced me to want Boshi added as a fighter in Smash along with Geno.

But after his newest video, now I want Boshi playable but dressed as Black Mage. And Geno.
Speaking of, here are all the Geno/Super Mario RPG cameos/references I could find.
- SMRPG cameo at 2:02, as the Yoshis pelt Pak. E. Derm with eggs, the Royal Bus can be seen floating along in the top-right corner of the screen.
TMGeno037.png

- SMRPG cameo at 4:26, when Boshi confronts Cloudjin, he recites Culex's mid-battle dialogue.
TMGeno038.png

- Geno cameo at 5:12, right when Cloudjin gets hit by Boshi's Ultima attack, Geno in his star form can be seen alongside the seven star spirits from Paper Mario.
TMGeno039.png

- Mallow cameo at 5:37, as the tower Boshi is standing atop collapses, Mallow can be seen amongst the clouds that sail by.
TMGeno040.png
If I've missed any cameos from these videos, feel free to let me know.
The search continues...

Griselda

Smash Lord
Something odd I've seen more than once when people bring up Geno's stage is that they go with Star Hill over Forest Maze, which in itself isn't bad, but I've seen a few people claim that Star Hill is more connected to Geno, which doesn't really make sense. Maybe it's being mistaken for the Star Road itself? Forest Maze is literally where you first run into Geno after the star possesses the doll, where he introduces himself and explains the main plot. The music in that area is associated with Geno for this reason. Star Hill is comparatively a rather small area where not much happens. It's the only time you just walk up and pick up the Star Piece without any sub plot or major encounters beforehand. It's a pretty area and vaguely tied to the whole wish-granting thing, but it's certainly not particularly connected to Geno himself.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Screenshot_20200823-163259_Facebook.jpg

Unsure if this international, but there's some manteinance incoming. 24,31 august and the 14th of september. But unsure if it's just the eshop

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Something odd I've seen more than once when people bring up Geno's stage is that they go with Star Hill over Forest Maze, which in itself isn't bad, but I've seen a few people claim that Star Hill is more connected to Geno, which doesn't really make sense. Maybe it's being mistaken for the Star Road itself? Forest Maze is literally where you first run into Geno after the star possesses the doll, where he introduces himself and explains the main plot. The music in that area is associated with Geno for this reason. Star Hill is comparatively a rather small area where not much happens. It's the only time you just walk up and pick up the Star Piece without any sub plot or major encounters beforehand. It's a pretty area and vaguely tied to the whole wish-granting thing, but it's certainly not particularly connected to Geno himself.
I mean, technically you first meet his doll form in Rose Town, and that's where the version of the character is formed. Forest Maze is just where he joins the party but it's not like Forest Maze has any ties to Geno as a character. I brought up Star Hill for the cameo potential, and because it makes more sense to me as a platformer stage than a forest with drop off edges. And I think Star Hill can be argued to have more of a connection than Forest Maze just from the wishes alone. The whole point of ♡♪!? becoming Geno is because wish stars can no longer be granted after Exor dive bombed the road. But honestly, I don't care if we get a blank white screen and a single line with no background music if they just add Geno lol.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Considering everyone under the sun has been reporting a direct on Friday, we'll probably see the direct announced on Wednesday.
Yeah, I get the feeling that if this Direct really is the god slayer everyone is claiming it will be, Nintendo's going to give the world 2-3 day's notice on it.

Last edited:

Supirorguy

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I get the feeling that if this Direct really is the god slayer everyone is claiming it will be, Nintendo's going to give the world 2-3 day's notice on it.
Personally, I don't think it will be the "knock your socks off" direct that everyone wants to announce Mother 3 and Doom Slayer for Smash and every Zelda port under the sun and this and that... Nintendo in 2020 was always going to be underwhelming, and COVID threw them so far off track that they couldn't even deliver most of the ports on time. We were only ever scheduled Paper Mario, No More Heroes 3, and Bravely Default 2 as new games this year.

Sure, we'll get our Mario remasters and No More Heroes ports, but NMH3 is most likely being delayed. Smash could totally be a hit or another huge miss. Nintendo Switch Online is going to have to pull some enticing card to give consumers a reason to re-up their subscriptions. Sure, they'll have 45 minutes of content, but I don't see a world where that content is Breath of the Wild 2 and Bayonetta 3 and all of this fantabulous stuff.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I mean, technically you first meet his doll form in Rose Town, and that's where the version of the character is formed. Forest Maze is just where he joins the party but it's not like Forest Maze has any ties to Geno as a character. I brought up Star Hill for the cameo potential, and because it makes more sense to me as a platformer stage than a forest with drop off edges. And I think Star Hill can be argued to have more of a connection than Forest Maze just from the wishes alone. The whole point of ♡♪!? becoming Geno is because wish stars can no longer be granted after Exor dive bombed the road. But honestly, I don't care if we get a blank white screen and a single line with no background music if they just add Geno lol.
I know, I wasn't saying that was the reasoning you gave. Just figured I'd mention something I was thinking about while the topic was relevant, honestly. The whole drop-offs situation makes me feel like Bowser's Keep would be the best option, both being an area with bridges over pits and lava as well as having the iconic silhouette of Exor in the keep - although I suppose Forest Maze could just function as a walk-off stage instead. But I agree on character cameos being an important part of the stage, and the wishes idea might work for that.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I know, I wasn't saying that was the reasoning you gave. Just figured I'd mention something I was thinking about while the topic was relevant, honestly. The whole drop-offs situation makes me feel like Bowser's Keep would be the best option, both being an area with bridges over pits and lava as well as having the iconic silhouette of Exor in the keep - although I suppose Forest Maze could just function as a walk-off stage instead. But I agree on character cameos being an important part of the stage, and the wishes idea might work for that.
I can dig that idea of Bowser’s Keep. Exor looming over. You could have the Axem Rangers’ Axe ship fly by, the nimbusland bus could scoot by.

MattX20

Smash Hero
If I had to make a guess of when the direct would be announced, Tuesday at the earliest and Thursday at the absolute latest if occurs on Friday though the more likely one due to time zones is Wednesday to announce the Direct for Thursday

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
What If Geno had a Palutena's Guidance

Pit: Hey, Lady Palutena, who's this puppet?

Palutena: Geno here is a star spirit from the heavenly realm of Star Road!

Pit: He's from the heavens? So is Geno like me then?

Palutena: In some respects yes. Two decades ago, Star Road was shattered, and Geno was dispatched by a higher authority to descend down to the mortal realm to retrieve its missing pieces and was assisted by Mario!

Pit: What higher authority? Viridi, is he one of yours? He's made of wood after all...

Viridi: Are you kidding? A perfectly good tree DIED to make that wooden husk of his! I'd sooner use him for fire wood!

Palutena: You see Pit, Geno has no real physical form, so he's possessing the body of that toy in order to move about the mortal realm

Virid: Plus his name isn't even Geno! His true name is incomprehensible to mortals

Pit: What is it?

Viridi:
1598236671380.png

Palutena:
No, no, it's pronounced
1598236680204.png

Pit: Um, so can I get some battle tips?

Viridi: NO! It's
1598236684548.png
!

Palutena:
1598236696712.png
!!!

Pit: I guess not...

(Just imagine Palutena and Viridi are just spitting out a mess of Mario RPG sound effects in trying to pronounce Geno's name)

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I'm on the precipice of this post being done but it likely won't be tonight.

To include you all, I want you to hit me up with your favorite Broken Fan Rule from Ultimate.

Basically, whichever fan rule that Ultimate broke that made you feel the most like 'Ha, SUCK ON IT! I TOLD YA!', I want you to hit me up with that right here right now.

Do your best not to make it character-specific (IE 'Ridley is too big' or 'B&K are a dead franchise') but something that encompasses multiple characters (IE 'These characters are too irrelevant') can totally work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom