• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
(Almost to 3200!) [EDIT : WELP HAPPY 3200!]

I may sound crazy but wouldn't it be cool if Geno came with a morphing stage? Like it changes to the major locations in SMRPG with the corresponding characters as cameo in the background?

Probably will never happen but it would be cool nonetheless...!

Last edited:

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
300 pages before the next direct? I think it can happen if we all apply ourselves.

I’m not crazy about a morphing stage for Geno—I think Forest Maze would be the way to go—especially if the blast zones are wonky.

If we ever got Crono, however, his stage would definitely need to be the End of Time, with the background warping to different time periods.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
60/40 odds in favor of Geno being in smash. Along my friends, I've seen as a fool for such odds.
I know hell is full of lukewatm people. Still, 60/40 seems probable.
19 years of waiting for geno(in smash).
There's a ☆□?!man waiting in the sky...

Get a tv and the gamecube adapter. Me,I love the pro controller. It feels so good. You should definitely put your friend code in your profile/signature.

Such a shame that Nintendo doesn't host servers or does rollback netcode.

Perhaps you haven't read my recent posts, but friend I'm out of state.

My family's old home is in Illinois and we are doing some DIY remodeling to get it off my dad's back financially. Where we normally reside is in Texas.

It was already a chore to lug my dinosaur PC here and I had no intentions of getting a Switch when I got here, it kinda ended up being gifted to me.

We had no room for a TV, no way to protect it with the whole SUV of tools we brought with us, and I had no reason to bring the GC adapter I have.

I'm sure my experience will be better once I have a TV, a GC Controller, and I have a direct connection to the internet. Until then, you gotta make do with what you got.

Speaking of that, I just played a match for the Royal Tournament, and it was fun...for three minutes. When it was a 4-man on Castle Siege with me as :ultganondorf: vs :ultchrom:, :ultkingdedede: and another :ultganondorf: it was absolutely amazing and I won by a landslide. When I versed :ultpeach: on Peach's Castle N64 and she got every single item, it was hopeless and miserable. It was at this time this morning that I learned a number of things.

1. This game has always been made and mostly balanced around it being a party brawler with more than 2 players (now up to 8) and having a fun time with friends. That is also the way I enjoy it most, when there is wacky stages and items and at least four people bumbling around. The chaos is where I excel and where I have the most fun.

2. I'm still decent at Smash but Ultimate is a much different beast than Smash 4. None of the same combos I know work so I end up going buck wild and it doesn't always work.

3. I still have a desire to be moderately good at competitive Smash despite it not being the original way it was intended to be played. However, I always pick up janky characters that I love either for the character themselves or because of the 'Oomph Factor' which heavy-hitters bring when you do land a hit. However, my playstyle is with trap/setup characters in about every other fighting game I've played: I like to make the battlefield a minigame of dodge this and jump over that and then punish you when you guess wrong. I think the closest I can get to that in Smash is with :ultsnake: and :ultisabelle: so I'll need to spend more time with them but I really dislike the slingshot.

4. :ultganondorf:, The Great Equalizer, is the MOST fun character to play in Ultimate thus far. You can fight me on that but but you will lose.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You know, for all the Mario content in Smash, I think it's an actual crime we don't have "Road to Bowser" available to throw down to. Heck, I'd even take it as potential menu music.

Also, Geno for Smash 2020
I think it's a bigger crime we still don't have a Bowser's Castle stage at this point.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
It appears Zell, Nate Drake, and Grubb have all doubled down on it being a General since yesterday afternoon so I think people should at the very least allow themselves to be cautiously optimistic..
If it is next week, then I would've liked it if it wasn't my first week back to school but eh, that's life. Everything going online means I can stay at home anyway.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
It appears Zell, Nate Drake, and Grubb have all doubled down on it being a General since yesterday afternoon so I think people should at the very least allow themselves to be cautiously optimistic..
I wonder if any of them will tease Geno leading up to the Direct. That flurry of hints on Twitter back in mid July from Imran, Grubb, and Andre was suspect.

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
With the next direct probably soon, I was wondering what a SMRPG Remake trailer would be like. I imagined it starting with a black screen or a shot of the sky, and then you hear the whistling tune that begins the intro cutscene in SMRPG. I think starting with the whistle tune would be a really hype way for people who are familiar with SMRPG to instantly know what the trailer is about, similar to how Cloud's smash reveal trailer began. After that, the camera would pan down to show Peach sitting in the flower bed, either modern HD Mario style or a cute toy art style like Link's Awakening, and the original intro cutscene is recreated.

How would you all want a SMRPG Remake trailer to begin?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So there's a rumored direct for September now?

With the next direct probably soon, I was wondering what a SMRPG Remake trailer would be like. I imagined it starting with a black screen or a shot of the sky, and then you hear the whistling tune that begins the intro cutscene in SMRPG. I think starting with the whistle tune would be a really hype way for people who are familiar with SMRPG to instantly know what the trailer is about, similar to how Cloud's smash reveal trailer began. After that, the camera would pan down to show Peach sitting in the flower bed, either modern HD Mario style or a cute toy art style like Link's Awakening, and the original intro cutscene is recreated.

Somewhat the same. But I'd like to see one new character added to the story a bit more. Maybe another female character that's a physical type fighter

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master

Replay the final moments of the Bowser and Mario battling at the former's castle at the beginning of the game exactly as it was, down to a mysterious sword coming through the clouds. Once it hits the castle, there's a flash, and suddenly everything including him is in fully rendered 3D. Because much like in universe once Exor's arrived, everything changes.

GodzillaGuy64

Smash Apprentice

Probably the opening fight with Mario and Bowser and Exor comes crashing into the castle. That seems like the best possible way to open it.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Gotta say, the last Saturday before Geno is announced is going rather nicely. Sure is a good time to be a fan of the next character to get into Super Smash Brothers Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Well the Direct is 100% happening. We could be near to the goal...
It's only 100% happening when Nintendo officially announces it. It seems likely, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions here. (it's been almost a full year since the last full-sized general Direct, so Nintendo doesn't seem to be in a hurry to announce information)

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
Replay the final moments of the Bowser and Mario battling at the former's castle at the beginning of the game exactly as it was, down to a mysterious sword coming through the clouds. Once it hits the castle, there's a flash, and suddenly everything including him is in fully rendered 3D. Because much like in universe once Exor's arrived, everything changes.
That is a really cool idea! If there was a remake in 3D, I would want there to be a system to switch between 3D and the original 2D art similar to what Dragon Quest 11 has.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Be prepared in case we get are real Shinobi moment. I personally would want be on a look out myself.
Shinobi moment?

Plus this just dropped so GameXplain is definitely on board (edit: it was already posted earlier in thread!)

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
It's only 100% happening when Nintendo officially announces it. It seems likely, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions here. (it's been almost a full year since the last full-sized general Direct, so Nintendo doesn't seem to be in a hurry to announce information)
There's always a general direct after an indie one, you don't need rumors for this to be honest. You can check this on the section of nintendo presentations in wikipedia where they have them all listed. It's honestly so easy to predict that we would have a general direct after an indie, that it's not even worth making rumors for imo lol. It's just tradition.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Shinobi moment?
Shinobi is an insider with a (as far as I know) perfect track record; he hinted at Banjo & Kazooie joining Smash on ResetEra not long before E3, saying “It’s been a while since we’ve seen Banjo in anything. I hope we’re in for a smashing good time.” He said something like this before on Twitter, too, but I forgot what it was about, just he included the same Smash reference since it was another Smash character or something.

His other info has mostly been other games/upcoming games or something; I forgot what they were, but he was always right. They weren’t Nintendo-related, though.

Basically, I guess “shinobi moment” just means “the insiders are saying seemingly hint stuff and a bunch of other stuff about this character with an expected Smash reveal coming soon, they must be happening!”

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Shinobi is an insider with a (as far as I know) perfect track record; he hinted at Banjo & Kazooie joining Smash on ResetEra not long before E3, saying “It’s been a while since we’ve seen Banjo in anything. I hope we’re in for a smashing good time.” He said something like this before on Twitter, too, but I forgot what it was about, just he included the same Smash reference since it was another Smash character or something.

His other info has mostly been other games/upcoming games or something; I forgot what they were, but he was always right. They weren’t Nintendo-related, though.

Basically, I guess “shinobi moment” just means “the insiders are saying seemingly hint stuff and a bunch of other stuff about this character with an expected Smash reveal coming soon, they must be happening!”
Pretty sure all those "joking moments" from the insiders regarding Geno probably are that

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yo Fatmanonice Fatmanonice how ya doin? Doin good? Alright.

I hate to ask of you a favor, on this, the day of your daughter’s wedding. But I gotta know.

Do you think this supposed new DK game will be in the next direct? Or is it still a ways off?

If you have no earthly idea, that’s cool too.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I hate to ask of you a favor, on this, the day of your daughter’s wedding. But I gotta know.

Do you think this supposed new DK game will be in the next direct? Or is it still a ways off?

I feel like it probably is. On my side of things, I said this back in January:

Before I was chased out of the Dixie thread, I pointed out this stuff:

This all said, it seems to point to significantly sooner than later.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I feel like it probably is. On my side of things, I said this back in January:

Before I was chased out of the Dixie thread, I pointed out this stuff:

This all said, it seems to point to significantly sooner than later.
Ayy thanks for answering

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman

Today is the day of Fatman’s daughter’s wedding? Congratulations man!! Hope your family is doing well!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Today is the day of Fatman’s daughter’s wedding? Congratulations man!! Hope your family is doing well!
I'm 32. I'm pretty sure I don't have a daughter unless someone stole my DNA at some point (college; amirite, fellas?) and made them in a lab. Aaaaaaaanywaaaaaaays... Zhuge joins the party:

unknown (1).png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom