• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Bit of theorycraft on why the Direct is taking so long and this may help us not scream towards god in frustration if there's another delay in the future. Remember how I said there was an "ideal flow" to Smash announcements? Since 2013 it's basically been:

February-April-June-July-September-November-December

Yesterday I kind of realized, big picture wise, this is largely how Nintendo has handled big announcements in general. Nintendo tries to announce their big news during or close to these months. So, with this in mind, what happens when there are delays? Nintendo tries to get back on "schedule" and we've seen this three times with Smash in the past year alone.

-According to Imran Khan, Hero was supposed to be an E3 2019 shadowdrop but their release got delayed. They were delayed to literally the last day of July.

-According to Imran Khan, Byleth was supposed to be a December 2019 announcement but, once again, got delayed for unknown reasons. They were formally announced in mid January and released late January.

-There's lots of evidence that Min-Min was supposed to be an April release. She then got delayed to late June.

You'll notice that each time there's been delays, announcements are pushed close to the tail end of the next "step" in the ideal announcement flow. April announcements turn into late June announcements. December announcements turn into late January announcements. Basically Nintendo does this so that the rescheduling is close to the next step but doesn't outright replace it, making it easier to return to "normal" with their schedule.

This in mind, where does this leave us now? Min Min was delayed from April to late June. E3 was supposed to be in June. Based on past precedent, we'd assume that it would be rescheduled for late July like Hero was. If that's the case then why didn't this happen? It's because Min Min already filled the July "slot" by being in late June. I feel like this is why so many insiders were expecting a late July presentation. This would have potentially happened but we had two major delays in a row. With the "July" slot filled, this means the next available slot is September. What does this mean? This means to get back on schedule, Nintendo theoretically rescheduled "E3" for late August.

Where does that leave us now? Here are the takeaways:

-Min Min was supposed to be April, basically rescheduled to "July" ( late June).

-E3 was supposed to be June, theoretically rescheduled to "September" (late August).

-The Fall Direct has very consistently been in September the past couple of years, more than likely rescheduled to "November" (late October) to get back on schedule.

TL;DR version:

Min Min reschedule: April to late June

Probable "E3" reschedule: June to late August

Probable "Fall Direct" reschedule: September to late October

Bottom line: We're likely no more than two weeks away from finally, FINALLY getting the E3 Direct we were supposed to have in June but it's likely the 20th or later.
It certainly explains why insiders are hearing mid-to-late August

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Happy 20th Anniversary to Paper Mario N64!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Bit of theorycraft on why the Direct is taking so long and this may help us not scream towards god in frustration if there's another delay in the future. Remember how I said there was an "ideal flow" to Smash announcements? Since 2013 it's basically been:

February-April-June-July-September-November-December

Yesterday I kind of realized, big picture wise, this is largely how Nintendo has handled big announcements in general. Nintendo tries to announce their big news during or close to these months. So, with this in mind, what happens when there are delays? Nintendo tries to get back on "schedule" and we've seen this three times with Smash in the past year alone.

-According to Imran Khan, Hero was supposed to be an E3 2019 shadowdrop but their release got delayed. They were delayed to literally the last day of July.

-According to Imran Khan, Byleth was supposed to be a December 2019 announcement but, once again, got delayed for unknown reasons. They were formally announced in mid January and released late January.

-There's lots of evidence that Min-Min was supposed to be an April release. She then got delayed to late June.

You'll notice that each time there's been delays, announcements are pushed close to the tail end of the next "step" in the ideal announcement flow. April announcements turn into late June announcements. December announcements turn into late January announcements. Basically Nintendo does this so that the rescheduling is close to the next step but doesn't outright replace it, making it easier to return to "normal" with their schedule.

This in mind, where does this leave us now? Min Min was delayed from April to late June. E3 was supposed to be in June. Based on past precedent, we'd assume that it would be rescheduled for late July like Hero was. If that's the case then why didn't this happen? It's because Min Min already filled the July "slot" by being in late June. I feel like this is why so many insiders were expecting a late July presentation. This would have potentially happened but we had two major delays in a row. With the "July" slot filled, this means the next available slot is September. What does this mean? This means to get back on schedule, Nintendo theoretically rescheduled "E3" for late August.

Where does that leave us now? Here are the takeaways:

-Min Min was supposed to be April, basically rescheduled to "July" ( late June).

-E3 was supposed to be June, theoretically rescheduled to "September" (late August).

-The Fall Direct has very consistently been in September the past couple of years, more than likely rescheduled to "November" (late October) to get back on schedule.

TL;DR version:

Min Min reschedule: April to late June

Probable "E3" reschedule: June to late August

Probable "Fall Direct" reschedule: September to late October

Bottom line: We're likely no more than two weeks away from finally, FINALLY getting the E3 Direct we were supposed to have in June but it's likely the 20th or later.
Ok, let's say we are getting a Indie World in the 17th and a Nintendo Direct (Either Normal or Mini) sometime in the 24th. We will 100% get CP7. Do you only expect CP7 or you also expect CP8 and-or a Bonus?

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Happy 20th Anniversary to Paper Mario N64!

Oh dang really? I could have swore it released in 2001, but I guess I was wrong. Happy birthday to this masterpiece!

Also, I find it interesting how not only is the general Mario franchise celebrating an anniversary this year, but the Mario RPG's are as well. I know this doesn't relate to Smash at all, but if we are indeed getting a Mario character for the 35th anniversary, this could give credibility to the fact that this 35th anniversary Mario character could be one from a Mario RPG, considering the fact that Paper Mario is celebrating an anniversary and SMRPG will celebrate one next year.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Oh dang really? I could have swore it released in 2001, but I guess I was wrong. Happy birthday to this masterpiece!

Also, I find it interesting how not only is the general Mario franchise celebrating an anniversary this year, but the Mario RPG's are as well. I know this doesn't relate to Smash at all, but if we are indeed getting a Mario character for the 35th anniversary, this could give credibility to the fact that this 35th anniversary Mario character could be one from a Mario RPG, considering the fact that Paper Mario is celebrating an anniversary and SMRPG will celebrate one next year.
It released in 2001 for NA and Europe, for Japan it released in 2000, which is what this anniversary is celebrating.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Congratulations for a take that isn't bad, but misses the point and sets up an awful comparison. You know how no one likes the Little Mermaid area in Kingdom Hearts 1? I'm sure there's someone out there who likes it, but overall, it's regarded as the weakest point in the game... Because it plays nothing like the rest of the game. Now, imagine that Kingdom Hearts 1 just didn't have a Little Mermaid area, or that it was like the one in Kingdom Hearts 2, without the dance segment they still managed to shoehorn into it... and then imagine that Kingdom Hearts 3 was all Little Mermaid themed Simon Says. Every level. Every boss fight. Almost none of the action RPG combat that people have come to expect from the franchise, just Simon Says. Also Donald and Goofy took a paid day off and the Keyblade breaks after every use, and if you do happen to get into the rare fight with a normal enemy, all they drop is money. There is no leveling or progression, just Simon Says.

No one would pretend that's acceptable for Kingdom Hearts, especially after they waited a ****ing decade for Kingdom Hearts 3. A spinoff? Sure. That would probably generate a fan following within the Kingdom Hearts community, maybe even attract a new audience purely to that game... but not a mainline title.

It's not a bad game - it's not a Paper Mario game, and most people agree that Nintendo has enough properties thrown by the wayside that they could have rebooted some NES rubbish like Clu Clu Land or Ice Climber to become a puzzle RPG platformer adventure, or, better yet, just make a new IP, which if they have the confidence to take a beloved N64/Gamecube era RPG franchise and completely change the formula, they should have the confidence to let a brand new IP carry that formula.

Ultimately, however, you are correct that it is not supposed to be Thousand Year Door. This is Paper Mario now. Three games in a row that have met lukewarm reception, and they didn't change after the first time? This is the vision they have for it and they clearly have no intention of going back, going so far as to make up absolutely bull****, paper thin excuses as to why they don't have unique characters and then making fun of the fans for hating the Toads; and make no mistake that these excuses do not stand up to even the lightest scrutiny and the fans have to come up with contrivances to try to prove them valid. Truly, an abusive relationship.

Just another reason we're all sitting here wishing for Geno in Smash, because truly our last hope is that Square will come back and work on real RPGs set in the Mario universe.
heh, "paper thin"

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Idk, wouldn't Nintendo just shove in the contents of a direct with each other if they are about a month apart. Granted Zell apparently thinks we are getting something so that should be taken as a good thing but either way. I feel it's probably either a mini or just a Mario focussed one if the collection is meant to be out by September

Anyway remember when people were talking bonus characters, how likely do you guys think it is that by when Ultimate is said and done, they add Master Hand. I feel it's an overlooked possibility. He is pretty much already playable without using a gameshark and all that good stuff, which, ten years ago was the only way to play as Ridley in anything let alone smash. It would kind of be bonus as it would need some tweaking like Taunts and victory poses and such but not really be at the same time as 99% off the work is already done. The stage could easily just make one of the WoL ones selectable. Would be really apt to end the ultimate smash game on the character who would inevitably be chosen to represent smash in anything (I wouldn't really say miis count as they aren't original to Smash although their implementation is).

D

Deleted member

Takes a deep breath in

WE'RE BACK IN HERE BOIZ!

I REALLY missed coming to this thread everyday seeing what is up in speculation, and it sucked actually having a life outside of this thread, but I pulled through somehow. Let us get back to waiting for more news!
There's a Star Road discord server where the cool kids hang out, just so you're aware.

Anyway...

In a serendipitous turn of events, I noticed on the Super Mario Wiki in Geno's trivia that while every other character uses a suit of a standard playing card deck, Geno's star is not an outlier, but instead an uncommonly used symbol for the jokers of a deck. I did a quick search and it turned out to be absolutely true. I never knew!

That whole "WILDCARD: NINTENDO" thing that Jeff Grubb has on his list sure does ring of a hint, now... and Jon's Clubhouse Games post from forever ago looks even more like a hint. Big tinfoil hat hours.
So, I made this post at a time when I didn't have time to really complete it, so it feels half baked, and then Smashboards went down for 48 hours to update the likes system and add pronoun options to people's profiles (great use of time, development team, excellent return on investment!) and so this post had to sit there, stagnant for a weekend and a day without me really going ape**** on it and for that, I apologize, so allow me to go ape****.

As I pointed out, it's totally new information to me that the Joker has been represented with a star character, and now * being used as a "wildcard" character in computing makes endless amounts of sense, I can't believe I never put two and two together until now. Maybe you can say... I never saw it coming. Which is an excellent segue into Joker, the character, not the card, though I suppose there's no difference at all. If you're unfamiliar with Persona, it's a game about accepting yourself building a harem mental illness controlling your feelings, and Persona 5 really, in my opinion, dropped any form of subtlety about the nature of a persona, what with ripping the ****ing mask off and all that nonsense, but that's neither here nor there - these personas, shadows of the true self, are associated with tarot cards, the popular french card game that some people got so good at playing, they used it to tell the future, which is ****ing fake, so that we're all on the same page. Notably, the main character always (at least in 3, 4 and 5) is associated with the Fool, greater arcana 0, the limitless wildcard. While other party members are stuck using the same Persona the entire game (until you social link with them and evolve it into a beefier version of itself), the main protagonist doesn't have to carry around some dumb looking **** like Arsene for the whole game, you can get rad dudes like origami samurai and literal penis chariot. That's what it means to be a wildcard.

So the symbolism here isn't lost on anyone. Joker. The Fool. Wildcard. The first DLC (**** off, Plant). "Characters you would never think would be in Super Smash Bros" - Reggie. He didn't lie to us at all, did he? Joker, a character whose only appearance on a Nintendo console outside of Smash is Q2, a spinoff on the 3DS, released like the day before Joker was revealed. Not just one Hero, but 4 Heroes, a franchise first for Dragon Quest, the most prestigious RPG Japan has to offer, fully voiced and beating the hell out of one another. Banjo and ****ing Kazooie, a character unfortunately owned by one of Nintendo's chief competitors. Terry Bogard, a character only known in Spanish speaking countries because Fatal Fury costs 25 cents to play while Street Fighter costs 50. Byleth, another god damned ****ing piece of **** Fire Emblem character. I know I never expected these people. Well, maybe Banjo. Grudgingly.

But! Something doesn't add up, and we've all questioned it at least once in our lives. Sakurai said Nintendo chose the characters, and we all remember how much that made everyone grimace at the thought of nothing but shill picks. Still, to this day, some may ask "did Nintendo really choose the characters?". Yeah. Probably. Most of them. This was a conversation on discord the other night but I think it bears repeating and I've thought on it for a while - did Nintendo choose all of the characters? Did Nintendo choose Terrance Bogard? Is that a Nintendo choice? Does it serve a Nintendo purpose?

Nah.

Sakurai had to have had big sway on Terry. Probably Joker too, because let's never forget that Sakurai essentially can't shut up about Persona 5. The man beat the dickens out of the game and has like 200 hours clocked in it. He hugged Morgana. And let's also face the other fact: Nintendo did pick Banjo. It was a PR stunt that paid dividends. Obviously Nintendo picked Byleth, and really, Nintendo probably picked Dragon Quest, too. They chased clout in both the east and the west and it worked, only for them to immediately eviscerate that clout by putting Byleth in the game.

So, how many wildcards... how many Jokers are in a deck? Two. And what is a Joker's symbol sometimes? That's right, baby:
1597160708759.png

And what color are the jokers? Black and Red.

But what if I told you there was more? What if this went deeper? I hear you saying "what did all that tarot **** have to do with this", and we're there: the 0th arcana is the first of the major arcana... but the Fool, being unnumbered, can also be the 22nd arcana, the last. And you may be saying "but Terry wasn't the last", and I have good news for you, because I also said that reading the future with tarot cards is fake as ****. In the actual game involving all of these funny characters, Fool exists outside of the 21 trump cards, he serves a different purpose. Maybe even a higher one. Like a wild card. Also, Fool doesn't wear ****ing pants, the absolute madman.
1597161329138.png

Look at the tattered rags this beggar wears, it's really reminiscent of something that some of us are sick and ****ing tired of seeing.

"Surely, Serenade", you are saying to yourself right now, "this isn't about Geno", but oh, dear reader, remember where you are. We are deep in my realm of madness and secretly, you enjoy every second of it. "Surely Sakurai didn't pick up tarot just to hint at Geno in the most obscure way imaginable", you scream in the absolute agony of a person who is now very frightened, and I delight in it. Of course he didn't. He never had to. You can look all of this up on wikipedia in the course of ten minutes.

We all hoped and maybe some of us knew there would be bonuses after the Fighters Pass. We know there wasn't always going to be a second, but there very easily likely would have been a bonus or two. I guess most of us accept that Min Min or an ARMS fighter would have been a bonus, but maybe there was another. Maybe there was a Fool who would exist outside of the trump cards, who would have been the last, once all the "i"s were dotted and all the "t"s crossed, once all the wishes were granted... And speaking of fools and speaking of jokers...

Here in this lovely Polish deck of cards... What's that, hiding in the back? What color is that Joker...
1597161643260.png
He's ****ing blue.

In conclusion, Challenger Pack 7 comes from Clubhouse Games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
(Sharp inhale)

New bombshell from our comrade Naz:

hqdefault (1).jpg

"Look guys, look! Zelda got a trademark update in July borderline identical to the ones Mario and Tales got last year meaning the Zelda Remasters to celebrate the upcoming 35th anniversary rumors from April are probably true. Incredible, incredible."

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
There's a Star Road discord server where the cool kids hang out, just so you're aware.

Anyway...

So, I made this post at a time when I didn't have time to really complete it, so it feels half baked, and then Smashboards went down for 48 hours to update the likes system and add pronoun options to people's profiles (great use of time, development team, excellent return on investment!) and so this post had to sit there, stagnant for a weekend and a day without me really going ape** on it and for that, I apologize, so allow me to go ape**.

As I pointed out, it's totally new information to me that the Joker has been represented with a star character, and now * being used as a "wildcard" character in computing makes endless amounts of sense, I can't believe I never put two and two together until now. Maybe you can say... I never saw it coming. Which is an excellent segue into Joker, the character, not the card, though I suppose there's no difference at all. If you're unfamiliar with Persona, it's a game about accepting yourself building a harem mental illness controlling your feelings, and Persona 5 really, in my opinion, dropped any form of subtlety about the nature of a persona, what with ripping the *ing mask off and all that nonsense, but that's neither here nor there - these personas, shadows of the true self, are associated with tarot cards, the popular french card game that some people got so good at playing, they used it to tell the future, which is ****ing fake, so that we're all on the same page. Notably, the main character always (at least in 3, 4 and 5) is associated with the Fool, greater arcana 0, the limitless wildcard. While other party members are stuck using the same Persona the entire game (until you social link with them and evolve it into a beefier version of itself), the main protagonist doesn't have to carry around some dumb looking * like Arsene for the whole game, you can get rad dudes like origami samurai and literal penis chariot. That's what it means to be a wildcard.

So the symbolism here isn't lost on anyone. Joker. The Fool. Wildcard. The first DLC (** off, Plant). "Characters you would never think would be in Super Smash Bros" - Reggie. He didn't lie to us at all, did he? Joker, a character whose only appearance on a Nintendo console outside of Smash is Q2, a spinoff on the 3DS, released like the day before Joker was revealed. Not just one Hero, but 4 Heroes, a franchise first for Dragon Quest, the most prestigious RPG Japan has to offer, fully voiced and beating the hell out of one another. Banjo and ***ing Kazooie, a character unfortunately owned by one of Nintendo's chief competitors. Terry Bogard, a character only known in Spanish speaking countries because Fatal Fury costs 25 cents to play while Street Fighter costs 50. Byleth, another god damned ****ing piece of * Fire Emblem character. I know I never expected these people. Well, maybe Banjo. Grudgingly.

But! Something doesn't add up, and we've all questioned it at least once in our lives. Sakurai said Nintendo chose the characters, and we all remember how much that made everyone grimace at the thought of nothing but shill picks. Still, to this day, some may ask "did Nintendo really choose the characters?". Yeah. Probably. Most of them. This was a conversation on discord the other night but I think it bears repeating and I've thought on it for a while - did Nintendo choose all of the characters? Did Nintendo choose Terrance Bogard? Is that a Nintendo choice? Does it serve a Nintendo purpose?

Nah.

Sakurai had to have had big sway on Terry. Probably Joker too, because let's never forget that Sakurai essentially can't shut up about Persona 5. The man beat the dickens out of the game and has like 200 hours clocked in it. He hugged Morgana. And let's also face the other fact: Nintendo did pick Banjo. It was a PR stunt that paid dividends. Obviously Nintendo picked Byleth, and really, Nintendo probably picked Dragon Quest, too. They chased clout in both the east and the west and it worked, only for them to immediately eviscerate that clout by putting Byleth in the game.

So, how many wildcards... how many Jokers are in a deck? Two. And what is a Joker's symbol sometimes? That's right, baby:
View attachment 281863

And what color are the jokers? Black and Red.

But what if I told you there was more? What if this went deeper? I hear you saying "what did all that tarot ** have to do with this", and we're there: the 0th arcana is the first of the major arcana... but the Fool, being unnumbered, can also be the 22nd arcana, the last. And you may be saying "but Terry wasn't the last", and I have good news for you, because I also said that reading the future with tarot cards is fake as **. In the actual game involving all of these funny characters, Fool exists outside of the 21 trump cards, he serves a different purpose. Maybe even a higher one. Like a wild card. Also, Fool doesn't wear ****ing pants, the absolute madman.
View attachment 281869
Look at the tattered rags this beggar wears, it's really reminiscent of something that some of us are sick and ****ing tired of seeing.

"Surely, Serenade", you are saying to yourself right now, "this isn't about Geno", but oh, dear reader, remember where you are. We are deep in my realm of madness and secretly, you enjoy every second of it. "Surely Sakurai didn't pick up tarot just to hint at Geno in the most obscure way imaginable", you scream in the absolute agony of a person who is now very frightened, and I delight in it. Of course he didn't. He never had to. You can look all of this up on wikipedia in the course of ten minutes.

We all hoped and maybe some of us knew there would be bonuses after the Fighters Pass. We know there wasn't always going to be a second, but there very easily likely would have been a bonus or two. I guess most of us accept that Min Min or an ARMS fighter would have been a bonus, but maybe there was another. Maybe there was a Fool who would exist outside of the trump cards, who would have been the last, once all the "i"s were dotted and all the "t"s crossed, once all the wishes were granted... And speaking of fools and speaking of jokers...

Here in this lovely Polish deck of cards... What's that, hiding in the back? What color is that Joker...
View attachment 281878
He's ****ing blue.

In conclusion, Challenger Pack 7 comes from Clubhouse Games.
So if I follow correctly

Blue...

Star...

Tarot...

Star Platinum is in

MattX20

Smash Hero
(Sharp inhale)

View attachment 281896

"Look guys, look! Zelda got a trademark update in July borderline identical to the ones Mario and Tales got last year meaning the Zelda Remasters to celebrate the upcoming 35th anniversary rumors from April are probably true. Incredible, incredible."
Oh man, remasters for Zelda games like Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess (my favorite Zelda game) and Skyward Sword on the Switch would be incredible

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
While this isn't a big deal since these songs already have remixs in the game I thought it was quite interesting: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE14D89ABE94E7409

So on GlivaSunner's channel, Nintendo blocked only two songs from his Super Mario World OST playlist "Athletic Theme" and "Overworld Theme". Yes, those songs already have remixs in the game going back as far as Melee but I find it quite strange it's only those two songs. Just some food for thought to play around with.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
I am just so ready for some E3 style news from Nintendo.
View attachment 281865

When is Mario anniversary?
It's in September 13th
(Sharp inhale)

View attachment 281896

Big content outside of the Pass poiting torwards bonus characters, you were talking about 64 and Sunshine ports since August 2019, say us that if a rumor take months don't mean is fake (Prove is Pikmin 3), you always point that was impossible to make the ARMS Rep a Hero situation, that CP6 will end being 1st Party and now these, you have never make something wrong, right?

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
(Sharp inhale)

View attachment 281896

Those Wario videos are the best things to exist and use for **** like this. I love it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's in September 13th

Big content outside of the Pass poiting torwards bonus characters, you were talking about 64 and Sunshine ports since August 2019, say us that if a rumor take months don't mean is fake (Prove is Pikmin 3), you always point that was impossible to make the ARMS Rep a Hero situation, that CP6 will end being 1st Party and now these, you have never make something wrong, right?
I'm just a Salty Sally because I've had this reputation as a liar and a con artist for 21 months now but, lo and behold, more and more of the rumors that I have been touting/supporting as far back as 2018 are coming true in close proximity and me being a smartass for 5 seconds each time it happens is borderline therapeutic at this point. It's pretty clear that the hammer is going to fall and fall hard whenever this next Direct is going to happen so as a Geno fan that's put up with a lifetime of harassment in these past two years, it's simply cathartic.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
It's in September 13th

Wouldn't really say the stages suggest bonuses outside of the pass suggest bonuses if that's what you mean as Sakurai seems pretty adamant these are the only ones. I threw around the idea of Master Hand as it's 99% done. We could get a few fun little stages from WoL which for some reason aren't selectable but it downstairs really have to suggest bonuses
I'm just a Salty Sally because I've had this reputation as a liar and a con artist for 21 months now but, lo and behold, more and more of the rumors that I have been touting/supporting as far back as 2018 are coming true in close proximity and me being a smartass for 5 seconds each time it happens is borderline therapeutic at this point. It's pretty clear that the hammer is going to fall and fall hard whenever this next Direct is going to happen so as a Geno fan that's put up with a lifetime of harassment in these past two years, it's simply cathartic.
Has anymore happened recently? If so I'd honestly just block them. Anyway a lot of your stuff has been true so I think you are pretty reputable. Didn't you hear about the three houses stage or something? I don't know the full details but that would be nice to know

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I still feel Nintendo is kind of pushing it in terms of announcing the Mario Remastered Collection, but then again, they could shadowdrop that and it would still sell millions of copies within the first few days of its release... Besides from the Smash fighters, those Mario games are the only thing giving me hope that Nintendo has something up their sleeve for 2020, I really, really hope it isn't a baseless Star Fox Grand Prix rumor...

Noipoi

Howdy!
That was always kinda weird to me.

It’s one thing if they just don’t believe your theories or hints or whatever, but what do you get out of being a snake oil salesman for...Nintendo game info? You’re not getting paid for this, there’s no real gain here. It’s strange to me.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Since this thread was down during the speculation of M Theory, I would really love to hear what you all think of it. For those who don't know what this is, I will leave a link to papagenos papagenos 's video below:

I honestly think this could mean something given the many circumstances surrounding this, and a lot of this actually makes sense. As crazy as this sounds, I actually do believe this one and that we are most likely in for an M rated character at some point in this Pass. I will still take this theory with a grain of salt, especially after Mii Costume Theory and Color Theory, but this just makes sense and lines up really well. [And to keep things Geno related, the best case scenario would be DOOM Slayer getting in while bringing along the Cacodemon hat, essentially confirming our boi. ;)]

Last edited:

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
While this isn't a big deal since these songs already have remixs in the game I thought it was quite interesting: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE14D89ABE94E7409

So on GlivaSunner's channel, Nintendo blocked only two songs from his Super Mario World OST playlist "Athletic Theme" and "Overworld Theme". Yes, those songs already have remixs in the game going back as far as Melee but I find it quite strange it's only those two songs. Just some food for thought to play around with.
I was around to witness Nintendo’s attack on both BrawlBRST and GilvaSunner. I’m pretty sure the reason only two of those Mario World songs got claimed was because they were the two most viewed at the time. Nintendo’s attack on GilvaSunner mostly just went after the most viewed videos on the channel, and also through the Fire Emblem Awakening playlist. This happened August last year I’m pretty sure.

At this point the BrawlBRST thing has been so long ago I’m starting to forget all the exact details. I think they may have went after all the most viewed uploads as well, and the BrawlBRST team quickly responded by taking down almost every upload of Nintendo music they had. And that happened in May last year.

Though, the Super Mario RPG music takedowns are still really interesting, as the whole OST was one of the only things BrawlBRST left up, probably because since Square owns most of that music they didn’t see it as an issue. But then 2 months later in July Nintendo copyright claimed Beware The Forest’s Mushrooms and Fight Against An Armed Boss. Those were the most viewed SMRPG songs if I’m correct, but that still doesn’t shake off the fact Nintendo doesn’t own these songs and it’s weird they went after them 2 months after going after everything else.

I also remember a song from the Pokémon Origins anime had over 1 million views (I believe around what the two SMRPG songs had) and not only did BrawlBRST not take it down, Nintendo never went after it. It’s only gone now because the entire channel has since been terminated. You could argue that because it’s from an anime there’s different licensing and companies involved, but that’s also the same situation with the Super Mario RPG soundtrack. So yeah, I’m still in the boat that Nintendo taking down those two SMRPG tracks is pretty suspicious.

D

Deleted member

Since this thread was down during the speculation of M Theory, I would really love to hear what you all think of it. For those who don't know what this is, I will leave a link to papagenos papagenos 's video below:

I honestly think this could mean something given the many circumstances surrounding this, and a lot of this actually makes sense. As crazy as this sounds, I actually do believe this one and that we are most likely in for an M rated character at some point in this Pass. I will still take this theory with a grain of salt, especially after Mii Costume Theory and Color Theory, but this just makes sense and lines up really well. [And to keep things Geno related, the best case scenario would be DOOM Slayer getting in while bringing along the Cacodemon hat, essentially confirming our boi. ;)]
I think it's a novel concept, but it fails to answer the question of why the people who edit the directs (the editing is done like a month in advance of the presentation) would have advance knowledge of the entire pass worth of characters. The most likely explanation is that the ESRB has some kind of stick up its ass about using logos of M rated games in presentations without rating the presentation M, so Nintendo of America asked that all logos be removed from the fighter pass because of Persona 5. It would have been out of place for P5's logo to be missing while everyone else was there, and it has just become their standard practice for the fighters pass because it unifies them both stylistically.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

YouTube copyright bots are just really screwy and do whatever, to the detriment of whatever poor content creator they decide to go after next. Half the time you're not even sure if you've been copyrighted by the company themselves or just a bot. Probably means nothing.

Trevenant

Smash Lord

Geno has a gun for an arm according to Sakurai.

very tiny pac
don't really pay attention to papa genos but I don't really buy into it from what I've heard

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I was around to witness Nintendo’s attack on both BrawlBRST and GilvaSunner. I’m pretty sure the reason only two of those Mario World songs got claimed was because they were the two most viewed at the time. Nintendo’s attack on GilvaSunner mostly just went after the most viewed videos on the channel, and also through the Fire Emblem Awakening playlist. This happened August last year I’m pretty sure.

At this point the BrawlBRST thing has been so long ago I’m starting to forget all the exact details. I think they may have went after all the most viewed uploads as well, and the BrawlBRST team quickly responded by taking down almost every upload of Nintendo music they had. And that happened in May last year.

Though, the Super Mario RPG music takedowns are still really interesting, as the whole OST was one of the only things BrawlBRST left up, probably because since Square owns most of that music they didn’t see it as an issue. But then 2 months later in July Nintendo copyright claimed Beware The Forest’s Mushrooms and Fight Against An Armed Boss. Those were the most viewed SMRPG songs if I’m correct, but that still doesn’t shake off the fact Nintendo doesn’t own these songs and it’s weird they went after them 2 months after going after everything else.

I also remember a song from the Pokémon Origins anime had over 1 million views (I believe around what the two SMRPG songs had) and not only did BrawlBRST not take it down, Nintendo never went after it. It’s only gone now because the entire channel has since been terminated. You could argue that because it’s from an anime there’s different licensing and companies involved, but that’s also the same situation with the Super Mario RPG soundtrack. So yeah, I’m still in the boat that Nintendo taking down those two SMRPG tracks is pretty suspicious.
I think the music copyright takedown of video game music is so stupid as why can't they just let those who upload it on Youtube be at peace. Roms and mods are a different story I understand, but music? Come on Nintendo. Let us enjoy your music Nintendo.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I think it's a novel concept, but it fails to answer the question of why the people who edit the directs (the editing is done like a month in advance of the presentation) would have advance knowledge of the entire pass worth of characters. The most likely explanation is that the ESRB has some kind of stick up its ass about using logos of M rated games in presentations without rating the presentation M, so Nintendo of America asked that all logos be removed from the fighter pass because of Persona 5. It would have been out of place for P5's logo to be missing while everyone else was there, and it has just become their standard practice for the fighters pass because it unifies them both stylistically.
Honestly, I don't think its too outlandish to think that the ESRB does have information that we don't know about. The ESRB leak, in my opinion, basically proves that since as the leak implies, someone who works for the ESRB has leaked out the characters for Smash 4 before we even knew about them. As such, I do believe these rating boards actually do have knowledge about who is planned to get included in Fighters Pass Volume 2, and they are probably just preparing themselves when this supposed M rated character does get revealed in this Pass.

D

Deleted member

I think the music copyright takedown of video game music is so stupid as why can't they just let those who upload it on Youtube be at peace. Roms and mods are a different story I understand, but music? Come on Nintendo. Let us enjoy your music Nintendo.
Until Nintendo (and the rest of these companies tbh) are doing worldwide releases of soundtrack CD box sets or putting their **** up on iTunes or whatever music platform they want to eke out some money on, I don't want to ****ing hear it from them about listening to the music, something that is literally hurting no one. I get if the channel is making money off of it then they need to call them out for that, but when you don't provide an alternative how can you throw stones?

MattX20

Smash Hero

I do believe at least one M-rated character is coming. Master Chief and Dante are probably the front runners going off everything so far, but the others have a shot. As of right now though, I'm betting that Geno is FP7 and FP8 is probably going to be Chief or another Western rep that I'm not thinking of right now

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Honestly, I don't think its too outlandish to think that the ESRB does have information that we don't know about. The ESRB leak, in my opinion, basically proves that since as the leak implies, someone who works for the ESRB has leaked out the characters for Smash 4 before we even knew about them. As such, I do believe these rating boards actually do have knowledge about who is planned to get included in Fighters Pass Volume 2, and they are probably just preparing themselves when this supposed M rated character does get revealed in this Pass.
Mother*leaker lol! Funniest * name for a legitimate leaker ever.

Until Nintendo (and the rest of these companies tbh) are doing worldwide releases of soundtrack CD box sets or putting their **** up on iTunes or whatever music platform they want to eke out some money on, I don't want to ****ing hear it from them about listening to the music, something that is literally hurting no one. I get if the channel is making money off of it then they need to call them out for that, but when you don't provide an alternative how can you throw stones?
Exactly! Nintendo still can make money on Itunes and what not without taking down Youtube videos.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
T Trevenant The hate mail has largely stopped but people still try to proactively chase me out of threads and Discord channels and that was already getting old a year ago. As for other stuff I have said that has recently gotten public backing, Naz backed up that we originally got the Golden Sun and Tomodachi Life rumors last October in the Isaac thread.

Here's where I first publicly talked about Tomodachi Life back in February:

Just one of several posts where I deduce 6 would be first party and Nintendo owned:

The post where I said my contact said Season 2 would be at least 6 characters:

I've done a lot of recap posts but, to answer your original question, I have provided receipts that I knew about Cuphead and the Three Houses content in December, yes.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
T Trevenant The hate mail has largely stopped but people still try to proactively chase me out of threads and Discord channels and that was already getting old a year ago. As for other stuff I have said that has recently gotten public backing, Naz backed up that we originally got the Golden Sun and Tomodachi Life rumors last October in the Isaac thread.

Here's where I first publicly talked about Tomodachi Life back in February:

Just one of several posts where I deduce 6 would be first party and Nintendo owned:

The post where I said my contact said Season 2 would be at least 6 characters:

I've done a lot of recap posts but, to answer your original question, I have provided receipts that I knew about Cuphead and the Three Houses content in December, yes.

Well, I do think this sort of stuff is worth taking seriously. At least 6 is a bit too dead on to not take seriously as the general consensus was 5 at the time. I guess it's just that some people largely paint the Geno fanbase in the same light instead of distinguishing the trolls. Or there are just fans who are toxic and actively don't want Geno so they dismiss even the slightest thing that is related to him.

And by hate mail, you mean emails or through post? I'm glad it's largely stopped as no one deserves that especially over Smash.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, I do think this sort of stuff is worth taking seriously. At least 6 is a bit too dead on to not take seriously as the general consensus was 5 at the time. I guess it's just that some people largely paint the Geno fanbase in the same light instead of distinguishing the trolls. Or there are just fans who are toxic and actively don't want Geno so they dismiss even the slightest thing that is related to him.

And by hate mail, you mean emails or through post? I'm glad it's largely stopped as no one deserves that especially over Smash.
Both including some really unhinged **** where people pretended to be people in this thread. I've had people try to get into my email and even bank accounts too. Of course everyone knows about my parents getting doxxed with a weirdly large portion of the Smash fanbase believing that was wholly justified. It's kind of funny and kind of sad that there's repeated events where people try to share insider info and rumors with Nintendo fans only for them to go feral and basically chase them off websites. I mean, Kelios had the right idea but I made a promise to the Geno fanbase that I would stay here until either Geno got in or the site permanently shut down do that's a big reason why I'm still here despite everything.

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone,

I've lurked on here for a few months now, and wanted to make an account to express my admiration for all of you. The pandemic and news drought are also driving me crazy. So I've never been a huge proponent for Geno, I just can't see the appeal and didn't find Mario RPG particularly exciting in general, but this huge community is surprisingly uplifting, tinfoil hats and all.

And while I'm not a huge Geno fan, I can see why he resonates with people, in the same way my most wanted resonated with me.
See, my most wanted since Melee was Daisy. So I'm sure a loooooot of you know how that worked out for 15ish years... And nowadays I see the same bitter people complain about/bash Geno the same way people did (and let's face it, still kinda do) for Daisy.

I wish I could give you some hope, I used to have some very small bits of info (not too much these days and I'm not one to leak anyway), but I think you're going to be fine. I've never thought Geno had a chance until FP2 started up but I'd say his future looks bright. Just keep spreading the positivity amongst yourselves and hype appropriately. Daisy got in when I stopped believing she would, so just enjoy the ride and keep yourselves healthy.

Alright, I'll try not to bother you any further but I'll be lurking and cheering from the sidelines!

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Hey everyone,

I've lurked on here for a few months now, and wanted to make an account to express my admiration for all of you. The pandemic and news drought are also driving me crazy. So I've never been a huge proponent for Geno, I just can't see the appeal and didn't find Mario RPG particularly exciting in general, but this huge community is surprisingly uplifting, tinfoil hats and all.

And while I'm not a huge Geno fan, I can see why he resonates with people, in the same way my most wanted resonated with me.
See, my most wanted since Melee was Daisy. So I'm sure a loooooot of you know how that worked out for 15ish years... And nowadays I see the same bitter people complain about/bash Geno the same way people did (and let's face it, still kinda do) for Daisy.

I wish I could give you some hope, I used to have some very small bits of info (not too much these days and I'm not one to leak anyway), but I think you're going to be fine. I've never thought Geno had a chance until FP2 started up but I'd say his future looks bright. Just keep spreading the positivity amongst yourselves and hype appropriately. Daisy got in when I stopped believing she would, so just enjoy the ride and keep yourselves healthy.

Alright, I'll try not to bother you any further but I'll be lurking and cheering from the sidelines!
This post was the opposite of a bother, it was a real treat to read this. Thanks for the kind words and you're always more than welcome in our wacky puppet show emporium.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Do we know if these supposed Mario remasters are going to be part of one package or if they're going to be separate releases?

We're starting to close in on the end of the year now, it really seems like if they're still releasing this year for Mario's anniversary we'd have to get an announcement for them pretty sharpish.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That was always kinda weird to me.

It’s one thing if they just don’t believe your theories or hints or whatever, but what do you get out of being a snake oil salesman for...Nintendo game info? You’re not getting paid for this, there’s no real gain here. It’s strange to me.
I dunno. It's just... Dumb. Yeah man, I'm a Gin-ewe-eine Joycon Grifter despite not having Twitter, a Patreon, or a real YouTube channel. I'm just swimming in (checks notes) "e-cred." Pretty amazing how I've been a member of this community for 14 years and was twice a mod but just decided to get up one day and lie to the community I've been invested literally my entire adulthood on a daily basis.

Other times it's just "are you ****in' kidding me" when people claim I made stuff up or "oh, that doesn't count."

"You're lying about Geno and Lloyd being heard in insider circles in 2018."

Uh... No I'm not...

Already shared this on Star Road last night but here's even more evidence that Naz was telling the truth about Golden Sun:

Screenshot_20200810-124557~2.png

It's just kind of goofy at this point because a lot of it unironically spawns from "GuN pUpPeT bAd" but people have taken it to legendary levels of petty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom