• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Well One thing I would say is that this Thread is very Big, and is usually Very Populated. honestly at this point This thread should be another Social thread but Geno focused
No, it shouldn't. It won't become a social thread until Geno's revealed as a playable character; it doesn't get to be an exception just because a lot of people post here.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
I don't think so, it's in the context of a stop in general, if there was a Mario Direct on the 12th he would have said "NO, YES, NO & NO"
That’s the thing: the Mario Direct (or any true Direct) isn’t one of the stops for Captain, but a main event.

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
A direct is coming.
A direct disappointment if you're expecting a nintendo direct next week.

I still want it tho :4kirby: I'm scared of more shadow-drop announcements.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Watch, we are all anticipating a big formal announcement from Nintendo to hopeful see character 7, and instead one random hour, Sakurai will tweet 'Hey, tune in in 20 minutes on the Smash site as I reveal Ge-, I mean character 7. Right, character 7, whoever that is. I don't know!'

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Watch, we are all anticipating a big formal announcement from Nintendo to hopeful see character 7, and instead one random hour, Sakurai will tweet 'Hey, tune in in 20 minutes on the Smash site as I reveal Ge-, I mean character 7. Right, character 7, whoever that is. I don't know!'
Gex is deserving so sure I'd take that

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
A direct is coming.
A direct disappointment if you're expecting a nintendo direct next week.

I still want it tho :4kirby: I'm scared of more shadow-drop announcements.
If it is a shadow dropped mini direct with the seize of the march direct, then I don´t see the issue

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
So if Geno got in back in Brawl and this thread didn't exist, who would most of you guys be majorly supporting right now?

So much potential with the Echo Fighter section. Here is my Echo wanted list:

:ultpalutena:/Medusa
:ultdk:/Funky Kong
:ultsonic:/Metal Sonic
:ultyoshi:/Boshi
:ultbowser:/Dry Bowser
:ultfalcon:/Black Shadow
:ultganondorf:/Demise
:ultwolf:/Leon Powalski
:ultmetaknight:/Galacta Knight
:ultsnake:/Big Boss
:ultpacman:/Ms. Pac-Man
:ultsheik:/Impa
:ultinkling:/Octoling
:ultzelda:/Hilda
:ultness:/Ninten
:ultjoker:/Kasumi
:ultmegaman:/Proto Man
I’d prefer MGS2 Raiden over Big Boss tbh. I also think Tails could work well as a semi-clone of Sonic; he’d need a bit of extra work from a normal echo, but so did Ken.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
If Geno got in back in brawl and Banjo still didn't get in until Ultimate, Waluigi would be the last fighter I'd be supporting. On the topic of echoes though, I think it would be cool to see:

:ultpikachu:/Raichu
:ultsonic:/Shadow or Metal Sonic
:ultdiddy:/Dixie Kong if she doesn't end up being her own fighter/semi-clone

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We're now 27 days from the one year anniversary of the last real Nintendo Direct... It's going to be worth it, especially if Nintendo decides to cram EVERYTHING that supposedly was supposed to be at E3 including 7 and 8 but god is this murder... Of ****in' course 7 of all characters is the one who gets significantly delayed because of a once in a lifetime global catastrophe. It's a little too on the nose given the history of this fanbase.

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
That’s the thing: the Mario Direct (or any true Direct) isn’t one of the stops for Captain, but a main event.
This about "a main event" again? Again, there is ONE main event. ONE. And we're having ONE "stop" (not counting any possible Twitter announcements) before it.
His comment probably doesn't deconfirm the main event being on the 11th/12th as long as the stop (Indie Direct) is before it, but that is extremely ultra-unlikely at this point anyway.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
We're now 27 days from the one year anniversary of the last real Nintendo Direct... It's going to be worth it, especially if Nintendo decides to cram EVERYTHING that supposedly was supposed to be at E3 including 7 and 8 but god is this murder... Of ****in' course 7 of all characters is the one who gets significantly delayed because of a once in a lifetime global catastrophe. It's a little too on the nose given the history of this fanbase.
In speaking of anniversaries, today marks the second year anniversary of getting the reveal of Simon and Richter Belmont, and one of my most wanted characters, King K. Rool! [Also Dark Samus and Chrom].
Smash-Ultimate_08-08-18.jpg

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
In speaking of anniversaries, today marks the second year anniversary of getting the reveal of Simon and Richter Belmont, and one of my most wanted characters, King K. Rool! [Also Dark Samus and Chrom].
View attachment 281685
I still can't get over the fact that Ridley is in Smash. It just reminds me of the solid decade following Brawl where a good chunk of the Smash fanbase considered him literally impossible. I'm looking forward to that with Geno.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
So if Geno got in back in Brawl and this thread didn't exist, who would most of you guys be majorly supporting right now?

My selection for Echo Fighters is about the same, just a few differences:

:ultsonic: Shadow

:ultyoshi: Birdo

:ultwolf: Panther Caroso

:ultfalcon: Tied between Black Shadow or Blood Falcon

:ultcloud: Either Zack Flair or Squall from FF8

And on the topic of Geno, who would his echo fighter be?

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 281685
I remember that day! It was an awesome birthday gift! Now for this year, my birthday wish is for Geno to be revealed as Fighter 7! C'mon Nintendo, release our boy!

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976

Well, it says in my signature but I really want to be specific.
Probably waluigi. While I like dante,nightmare and doomguy. They're not characters that I imagined should be in smash when that game came out in 1999.
They're really cool, but don't have that "Nintendo all star flavor!"

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Another interview, another nail in the coffin for Paper Mario RPGs in the style of SMRPG and 64/TTYD.

Sigh..........

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I remember that day! It was an awesome birthday gift! Now for this year, my birthday wish is for Geno to be revealed as Fighter 7! C'mon Nintendo, release our boy!
Happy Birthday! Getting King K. Rool in Smash must have been one of the best birthday gifts you could ever ask for!

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So I have been reduced to mobile only for the past couple days and I gotta say I hate it.

Today should be the day in which the floors are 100% done and thus I will be able to move my computer back to where the wifi actually works.

Expect me to drop a bombshell in the RTC thread in the event that this happens.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Ridley being deconfirmed in Smash 4 was the biggest ****show of a deconfirmation of a character ever. First they show his shadow on Pyrosphere in the April 2014 Smash Direct and almost everyone thinks he's playable because the shadow looks too small to be a boss. Fast forward 6 months later to the 50-Fact Extravaganza Direct and BOOM he's deconfirmed as a stage hazard. A lot of people were pissed about this even more so than the Isaac Assist Trophy coming back in Ultimate I would say.
I don't mean to drag this Waluigi discussion on, but no.
Even then, Ridley's deconfirmation didn't echo far enough that the mainstream media could write about it like with Waluigi.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
Happy Birthday! Getting King K. Rool in Smash must have been one of the best birthday gifts you could ever ask for!
Thank you Enigma735 Enigma735 !At the time, yes! Once ultimate was announced, I was rooting for the big names: Ridley, King K.Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, and Geno. I remember how surreal each of the reveals were. As soon as I saw Donkey Kong snore, that was it man, I knew the King was in, lol! 3 down, 1 to go!

Last edited:

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 281685
One of my favourite Directs of all time! In retrospect they probably should have saved some of the stuff they showed for later, but it ended up creating this amazing Direct with back to back cool and exciting announcements. Hard to believe it’s been 2 years since my new main joined the world of Smash.

Another interview, another nail in the coffin for Paper Mario RPGs in the style of SMRPG and 64/TTYD.

Sigh..........

Ugh... I’ve just lost all hope in Paper Mario returning to it’s former glory at this point. My problem isn’t that Tanabe wishes to do his own thing, it’s just that he took something so unique that many people loved and took it away from us to do it. If say Sticker Star and onward was it’s own separate spinoff or different franchise, or heck if it was a spinoff within Paper Mario and we were still getting old style games, way less people would be upset. But... no matter how hard people push, they refuse to listen. And it only divides the fanbase even further.

Paper Mario is dead, it's been dead since 2004.
I’ll just say Super Paper Mario is a great game with some unfortunate flaws and move on.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
I still can't get over the fact that Ridley is in Smash. It just reminds me of the solid decade following Brawl where a good chunk of the Smash fanbase considered him literally impossible. I'm looking forward to that with Geno.
Yeah, you posted a photo of your Brawl account with Megaman, Geno, Ridley and Vaati (From Zelda: Minish Cap) like a mont ago

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
*voiced in Nostradamus*

It was prophesied in ancient times that on the second millennium after His birth, a star being would descend and manifest itself within an ethereal world. Met with champions hailing from many different worlds and times, his coming would signal great changes and phenomena. Upon the prophecy nearing fulfillment, mankind will be met with great challenges, the likes of which had never been witnessed. The coming of this divine entity, whose celestial name cannot be spoken in mortal tongue is fervently awaited by many, but what will be the cost of his descent?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
While I'm not expecting it, I wouldn't put it past them to throw in an Echo Fighter or two outside of the Fighters Pass before all is said and done. As to who those could be, I believe the most likely ones are:
  1. Dixie Kong, as an echo for Diddy Kong
  2. Medusa, as an echo for Palutena
  3. Shadow, as an echo for Sonic
Other ones I could see them doing, though I don't think they're as likely are:
  1. Dry Bowser, as an echo for Bowser
  2. Ninten, as an echo for Ness
  3. Black Shadow, as an echo for Captain Falcon
  4. Zeraora, as an echo for Lucario
  5. Demise, as an echo for Ganondorf
  6. Black Knight, as an echo for Ike
  7. Glass Joe, as an echo for Little Mac

Griselda

Smash Lord
..It's silly, but it actually kinda bothers me that Mallow and Geno have so little in common that Mallow couldn't be his echo. Because I wouldn't at all mind having both in Smash, but I don't really want them to be stuck together all the time like Ice Climbers.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
..It's silly, but it actually kinda bothers me that Mallow and Geno have so little in common that Mallow couldn't be his echo. Because I wouldn't at all mind having both in Smash, but I don't really want them to be stuck together all the time like Ice Climbers.
Honestly I think if there were one DLC character that should come with an assist trophy to boot, it would be Geno for the former and Mallow for the latter. I can easily imagine a RNG one where if activated Mallow would summon a cloud with one of four things happening:

1. Thunderbolt which does moderate damage in a wide area.
2. Shocker which does strong damage on one fighter unless skillfully avoided.
3. Snowy which affects a smaller area than Thunderbolt but will temporarily freeze anyone hit.
4. HP Rain which heals 10-15% for the fighter that summoned it.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom