• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Now THIS is intriguing. The stage select and random stage selection screens look like this now.

View attachment 281322
View attachment 281323

Start your engies, it's theorycrafting time.
See, whats bugging at me right now isn't Small Battlefield, it's actually the fact they added two other icons, for Random Battlefield and FD Respectively. Why would they do that, it's not like you couldn't do that already, why give them their own icons? Unless they were being used to simply fill up space on the select screen so it would be full by the end. But there's 8 slots left, and only 5 DLC packs remaining. HMMMMMMMMM.

Last edited:

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
See, whats bugging at me right now isn't Small Battlefield, it's actually the fact they added two other icons, for Random Battlefield and FD Respectively. Why would they do that, it's not like you couldn't do that already, why give them their own icons? Unless they were being used to simply fill up space on the select screen so it would be full by the end. But there's 8 slots left, and only 5 DLC packs remaining. HMMMMMMMMM.
Well, they did just add small battlefield out of nowhere, it's very possible that they do a few more stages like that in the future. Or of course, extra dlc packs are also an option, but I wouldn't say this points to that.

D

Deleted member

Now I'm sensing that at least something is bound to come real soon, be it Smash, or anything else, or both.

Last edited by a moderator:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Well, they did just add small battlefield out of nowhere, it's very possible that they do a few more stages like that in the future. Or of course, extra dlc packs are also an option, but I wouldn't say this points to that.
Small Battlefield feels like a special sort of thing based on what Sakurai is saying though, a middle ground between FD and Battlefield that would be incredibly easy to make. I wouldn't expect more like it.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 281326

Look guys, look! It's notable content outside of the Season 2 packs. Incredible, incredible.
worth noteing that this means a character release being soon is unlikely, otherwise they would wait a bit, and have both in the same update,. So just a reveal, then wait a few months. They likely started working on this when smash was dropped from evo due to bad netcode

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Just now catching up with the news. I genuinely thought Small Battlefield was a ****post lmao

Also because we gotta have one pessimist at any given time, couldn't this mean we're not due for new content for a while? Like, this seems like the kind of thing that would be added in a full X.0 update, not just dropped on a random Tuesday. Perhaps this is simply Sakurai tiding us over for a long wait? Personally I don't think so, based on how many other weird things are going on, but I figured I'd throw that out there.

edit: ninja'd lol

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
worth noteing that this means a character release being soon is unlikely, otherwise they would wait a bit, and have both in the same update,. So just a reveal, then wait a few months. They likely started working on this when smash was dropped from evo due to bad netcode
More like this is just a Namco fixing netcode thing. Pretty sure Tekken 7 just announced online improvements as well. I agree this doesn't mean a character too soon but it certainly doesn't rule out a release in September which is what we are still aiming at.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
Just want to note that the Labo VR update for Smash was roughly 2 months before the Hero update. It wouldn’t be too far fetched to expect the next update, most likely with a character, to be in late September/early October.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Like I said, the character reveal(s) is almost certainly happening this month with the release for FP7 at bare minimum being sometime in September. The fact we just got a free stage update out of nowhere is certainly helping give credence to the idea of getting something very soon

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
There's an actual update guys! 8.10

https://www-aaaba-lp1-hac.cdn.nintendo.net/en-US/fbaa2e35/index.html?

◯ Stage
・ The Small Battlefield stage has been added. You can also set Small Battlefield as a Preferred Rule in Online battles.

・ You can now select any stage-specific music for the Battlefield, Small Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination stages.

◯ Online
・ The online user experience has been adjusted.

・ The way matching is determined when using Preferred Rules has been adjusted.

・ Following a look at the current number of players eligible for Elite Smash, the threshold for entry has been recalculated to allow more players. Additionally, the way initial values for Global Smash Power are calculated has also been adjusted.

Further investigations and adjustments to Online mode are expected.

◯ General
・ Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
Hell to the ****ing yes.... This is an awesome update

vivala

Smash Journeyman
I'd say the one bit of evidence this gets rid of is the site glitching yesterday, since we now have a reason why it was updated. Still, I know fatman was looking deeper into it, so maaaybe that bit of evidence is still on the table.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know we just got another version of Battlefield randomly dropped on us, but I'm excited about this guys. This here opens up the possibility of more bonus content outside of the Fighter's Pass even potentially bonus fighters as Fatman has been predicting.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I'd say the one bit of evidence this gets rid of is the site glitching yesterday, since we now have a reason why it was updated. Still, I know fatman was looking deeper into it, so maaaybe that bit of evidence is still on the table.
No, it's pretty obvious this is why the site updated, they even added Small Battlefield to the Stage page.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So, I know this topic has probably been discussed to death and back in this thread, but I decided to take my own stab at a Geno moveset, as well as potential music tracks, a Spirit Board, and Mii Fighter costumes that Geno would bring with him...
  • Animations and Alternate Colors
    • Up Taunt - Geno's Star Form flies out, the doll briefly crumpling to the ground, before Geno flies back in.
    • Side Taunt - Geno reaches into his hat and takes out a flower, granting him "+1 FP".
    • Down Taunt - Mallow appears right beside Geno, and the two flash peace signs at the player.
    • Default Color - Light-brown wood, blue cape and hat, brown shoes
    • Alternate Color 1 - White wood, pink cape and hat, light-blue shoes (Super Mario RPG - Mallow)
    • Alternate Color 2 - Purple wood, red cape and hat, white shoes (Super Mario RPG - Croco)
    • Alternate Color 3 - Blue wood, black cape and hat, red shoes (Super Mario RPG - Johnny)
    • Alternate Color 4 - Grey wood, white cape and hat, red shoes (Super Mario RPG - Smithy)
    • Alternate Color 5 - Light-green wood, red cape and hat, yellow shoes (Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - Fawful)
    • Alternate Color 6 - Purple wood, pink cape and hat, white shoes (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - Vivian)
    • Alternate Color 7 - Dark-brown wood, black cape and hat, dark-red shoes (Super Smash Bros. original - "Dark Geno")
  • Normal Attacks
    • Neutral Jab Combo - Geno performs a one-two punch combo, followed by a series of rapid bursts from his gun-arm.
    • Forward Tilt - Geno performs a wheel kick.
    • Up Tilt - Geno fires five bursts in an arc above his head.
    • Down Tilt - Geno fires a small burst onto the ground in front of him.
    • Forward Smash - Mallow briefly appears in front of Geno and uses his cymbals.
    • Up Smash - Mallow briefly appears in front of Geno and stretches his arm, punching upwards.
    • Down Smash - Mallow briefly appears in front of Geno and stretches his arms out just for you, throwing punches to both sides.
    • Dash Attack - Geno performs a slide kick.
    • Aerial Neutral - Geno twirls around in the air.
    • Aerial Forward Tilt - Geno fires his fist forward.
    • Aerial Backward Tilt - Geno fires his fist backward.
    • Aerial Up Tilt - Geno fires five bursts in an arc above his head
    • Aerial Down Tilt - Geno fires his fist downward.
    • Grab - Mallow briefly appears in front of Geno and stretches out his arm to grab the opponent.
    • Grab Attack - Mallow punches the opponent.
    • Forward Throw - Mallow spins the opponent around once, then throws them forward.
    • Backward Throw - Mallow tosses the opponent backwards, followed by Geno firing his fist at the opponent.
    • Up Throw - Mallow tosses the opponent upwards.
    • Down Throw - Mallow holds down the opponent while Geno shoots them.
  • Special Attacks
    • Neutral Special - Geno Beam: Geno begins charging up energy (represented by a red star gauge appearing above him) and will fire an energy beam when the Special Button is pressed again. Like Samus' Charge Shot, the attack will stop charging when it reaches maximum strength and can be fired afterwards.
    • Side Special - Geno Whirl: Geno tosses out a disc of light. The vertical trajectory of the disc can be altered by briefly holding up or down.
    • Up Special - Geno Boost: Geno turns into a cannon and begins charging (represented by a red star gauge appearing above him) before firing himself upwards. Charging up more allows Geno to shoot higher, and his horizontal trajectory can be altered by holding left or right.
    • Down Special - Geno Blast: Geno begins charging up energy (represented by a red star gauge appearing above him) and will summon beams of light energy downwards, striking opponents to his sides. Charging up more will increase the number of energy beams summoned.
    • Final Smash - Geno Flash: Mallow appears and performs Thunderbolt, summoning three consecutive bolts of lightning in front of him. If the last bolt hits the opponent, Mallow, Mario, Peach, and Bowser all appear and start attacking the opponent, before Geno finishes them off with a Geno Flash, turning into a cannon and shooting a ball of energy that explodes while resembling a sun.
  • Music
    1. Happy Adventure, Delightful Adventure (Super Mario RPG) [REMIX]
    2. Fight Against Monsters (Super Mario RPG) [REMIX]
    3. Fight Against a Somewhat Stronger Monster (Super Mario RPG) [REMIX]
    4. Fight Against an Armed Boss (Super Mario RPG) [REMIX]
    5. Beware the Forest's Mushrooms (Super Mario RPG) [REMIX]
    6. Fight Against Culex (Super Mario RPG)
    7. Fight Against Smithy (Super Mario RPG) [REMIX]
    8. Fight Against Smithy, Who Likes Transforming (Super Mario RPG) [REMIX]
    9. Come On! (Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga) [REMIX]
    10. Rookie and Popple (Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga) [REMIX]
    11. The Last Cackletta (Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga) [REMIX]
    12. Battle Fanfare (Paper Mario)
    13. Attack of the Koopa Bros. (Paper Mario)
    14. Freeze! (Paper Mario)
    15. King of the Koopas (Paper Mario)
    16. Battle Theme (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door)
    17. Magnus von Grapple Battle (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door)
    18. Rawk Hawk Battle (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door)
    19. Lineland Road (Super Paper Mario)
    20. Fracktail / Wracktail Battle (Super Paper Mario)
  • Spirits
    1. Mallow
    2. Croco
    3. Bowyer
    4. Booster
    5. Grate Guy and Knife Guy
    6. Johnny
    7. Yaridovich
    8. The Axem Rangers
    9. Exor
    10. Smithy
    11. Popple
    12. Midbus
    13. Rawk Hawk
    14. Grodus
  • Mii Fighter Costumes
    • :ultgunner:Geno (Super Mario RPG)
    • :ultmiifighters:Mallow (Super Mario RPG)
    • :ultswordfighter:Smithy (Super Mario RPG)
    • :ultmiifighters:Chocobo (Final Fantasy II)
    • :ultswordfighter:Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) [Includes "One-Winged Angel" music track]

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Fighter 7 is already completely done by now and they're just waiting for Nintendo to pull the trigger on a Direct/Sakurai Presents where they can finally announce the damn Fighter already.

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Fighter 7 is already completely done by now and they're just waiting for Nintendo to pull the trigger on a Direct/Sakurai Presents where they can finally announce the damn Fighter already.
inb4 they shadowdrop Geno on thursday

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Just going to copy-paste these two thoughts here.

Thought #1: The last #.1.0 update with new features was 3.1.0, on May 30th, 2019. Hero and Banjo were revealed on June 11, just 12 days after. Hero, along with 4.0, were released on July 30th, 2 months after 3.1.0.

Thought #2: Smash updated to 6.1.1 on January 7th, with Byleth's reveal/presentation being shown 9 days later. They were then released 12 days after that.

We are almost certain that a reveal will happen this month somehow, but this gives us two options (not really, these are not patterns, just observations): FP7 released in late August, or early October.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Well that is quite a surprise. I dont think anyone was expecting this lol. Bright side, looks like the team is not afraid to add additional content OUTSIDE the fighters pass.

Also...Ron Paul posting is pretty huge y'all.

Last edited:

TTF

Smash Journeyman
I am currently playing as Dr. Mario against Cloud, Ridley, Mr. Game & Watch, Joker, King K. Rool, Dark Samus & Min Min on Small Battlefield while Megalovania is playing.

This game, man.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Just going to copy-paste these two thoughts here.

Thought #1: The last #.1.0 update with new features was 3.1.0, on May 30th, 2019. Hero and Banjo were revealed on June 11, just 12 days after. Hero, along with 4.0, were released on July 30th, 2 months after 3.1.0.

Thought #2: Smash updated to 6.1.1 on January 7th, with Byleth's reveal/presentation being shown 9 days later. They were then released 12 days after that.

We are almost certain that a reveal will happen this month somehow, but this gives us two options (not really, these are not patterns, just observations): FP7 released in late August, or early October.
and since Ron Paul posts usually indicate a Direct is a week or less away, chances are we don't even have to wait that long

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Every time this Ron Paul guy comes up, I'm always sorely tempted to make a bad political joke, but I'm not smart enough to think of one that's also funny, so I usually don't bother. Just gonna say that, if his very presence is a sign of a general Direct coming, he could not have picked a better time to show up.

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta call my local senator and tell him that I'll vote for him if Geno gets into Smash.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Smash speculation is truly wild. The community is thrown into a frenzy (and subsequently torn apart) by the Grinch, debates the legitimacy of hotgirlvideos69, and is given hope by Ron Paul. Speculation may have its ups and downs, but I ****ing love how truly bizarre it gets.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Smash speculation is truly wild. The community is thrown into a frenzy (and subsequently torn apart) by the Grinch, debates the legitimacy of hotgirlvideos69, and is given hope by Ron Paul. Speculation may have its ups and downs, but I ****ing love how truly bizarre it gets.
honestly, it's all about as bizarre as the collective entirety of the actual Smash Bros. game itself.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Wow I missed a lot while I was gone lol. Before I turn on Smash to try the new stage out, lemme just say this was quite the surprise. I didn't expect us to get a random stage out of the blue like that, and I love how this opens the door wide open for other bonus stages as well!

I'm hoping some of the bonus stages will be returning stages that didn't make it in to Ultimate. I am mostly hoping for Poke Floats, Rainbow Road and PAC-MAZE.
Pac-Maze is the only old stage that I feel was a legitimate mistake to leave out (though Rainbow Road comes very close). Why on EARTH would you pick a weird, generic-looking cartoon land over one of the most iconic locations in video games?

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Pac-Maze is the only old stage that I feel was a legitimate mistake to leave out (though Rainbow Road comes very close). Why on EARTH would you pick a weird, generic-looking cartoon land over one of the most iconic locations in video games?
I know right? PAC-LAND is widely considered to be one of the worst stages in Sm4sh so the fact that that stage, of all stages, came back but not PAC-MAZE, a fan favorite stage based on a very iconic location in gaming, is mind-boggling to me.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
The lack of Miiverse left an irreparable dent on humanity. Now the universe cannot collectively hold itself together with the, let's just say colourful imaginations some had when posting.

In all seriousness, I am kind of baffled at why some stages were kept and some went. Why would you keep 75M, Mario Bros and Hanenbow but cut stages like Rainbow Road, Orbital Gate Assault, Pac Maze, Jungle Hijinx etc. And I know some of these stages have other reasons they were probably cut for but workarounds could have definitely existed.

Last edited:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
The lack of Miiverse left an irreparable dent on humanity. Now the universe cannot collectively hold itself together with the, let's just say colourful imaginations some had when posting.

In all seriousness, I am kind of baffled at why some stages were kept and some went. Why would you keep 75M, Mario Bros and Hanenbow but cut stages like Rainbow Road, Orbital Gate Assault, Pac Maze, Jungle Hijinx etc. And I know some of these stages have other reasons they were probably cut for but workarounds could have definitely existed.
Orbital Gate Assault was my favorite course in Smash 4, and after they stressed that it was a stage requiring an entire year of development, I was actually shocked it didn't make the cut.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
The only stage that made sense to cut was Miiverse since Miiverse is no longer a thing and the big gimmick of that stage were the Miiverse posts that would be in the background, but I feel like every other stage should've came back. It would have been REALLY cool if we not only got every fighter from every past Smash game, but every stage as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Welp, it looks like we might get a reveal very soon. If Geno gets in, it’s time for someone make a starter pack meme.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate Fighters Pass: They will never get in edition.

Pack 1: Cloud

Pack 2: Bayonetta

Pack 3: Ridley

Pack 4: King K. Rool

Pack 5: Banjo and Kazooie

Pack 6: Geno

Bonus pack: Veteran Solid Snake and Shadow Moses stage.

Care to buy the whole pass?

Last edited by a moderator:

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
Mmmm, with the new stage released, it confirmed my feelings that they could release a stage without it having to be a part of DLC (Just as it was with Smash 4). This is why I've asked if there is a limit to the number of stages just as their is a limit for the character slots.

This is a very good sign for more DLC, at least, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom